• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Konrad_Zuse

hbuddy72 said:
or so if compared to the ssv what kinda hits does the q giv ya... sry for the abuse lol just wana buy the product for me im fcken impressed with this vaporizing, unfortunetly just recently discoverd lol.
If you're soley going for whip then I would go for the SSV, the Extreme is good for both whips/bags, but not the best. The SSV is nice, but the hands free attachment to me doesn't seen sturdy, I don't know what others think.

Btw what is CND? I have no idea what currency that is to know what you're talking about. I don't have an SSV, but I like my extreme a lot, and I would listen to others, plus read the SSV topic for more info :).

Konrad_Zuse,

B.

War Criminal
Konrad_Zuse said:
lwien said:
Konrad_Zuse said:
People on this site say DBV is very efficient.......
They do?
I thought that's what everyone was saying...? Maybe I misread, which is my fault, but I was hearing DBV is efficient on bud, and the SSV gives large hits? Then what is the difference?
The DBV and SSV are as efficient as you make them. You can load small, efficient bowls, or you can jam a bunch in a get super ripped.

The big difference is the heater cover. The hot air comes out of a smaller hole in the heater cover on the SSV giving a thinner, more concentrated path of hot air, and having owned both at one point I like the SSV better. While the DBV hit like a champ, it just wasn't as dense of vapor as the SSV.

B.,

B.

War Criminal
hbuddy72 said:
ya but the ssv and the extreme q are straight the same price (240$)cnd.. must be a reason for that?.. the ssv has absolutely nothing on it.. meanwhile the extreme q has everything a vape can have ..??? so must be somwhere that the ssv gives off a better whip vape.. btw ime only interested in the whip.. and the digital temp i like a lil but the bag its just an extra, giv lil care for... if the same vapor comes out the 2 machines, ssv are a robery, and ile go extreme ... but anyway, ime about the (whip vape) its what i want a good (the best whip vape) possible, is extreme q that??.. anyone can help?? can an extremeq give as large of hits???
I've owned an extreme and an SSV, and I have to disagree. The ssv's whip hits are superior, as is coupling it with a bong. The E is a good whip and a really good bag vape, but the SSV wins in the whip category, and I can chalk my bong way better with an ssv. The other advantage of the SSV is the durability factor. My SSV has survived dozens of nasty falls, abuse while travelling, and I've accidentally left it on for days more than once, and it's still going just as strong as day one.I'm not sure what kind of metal the SSV is made of, but that outer casing is solid, and the very few, simple parts means there's much less to go wrong than the intricate E. I'm not knocking the E, it's great, but I don't think it surpasses the SSV in evey way.

B.,

hbuddy72

good thx man u convinced me.. i think.. ile go with the ssv over the Extreme Q, just cuz I want that 100% good result with the whip vape, if ever i feel the need 4 a bag ile chek em out

hbuddy72,

FEAR420

Take it from the guy that OWNS a DBV,VaporBox,VHW,Extreme-Q,VG,VS & a MZ.....this one is the ONLY ONE thats left out & ON all day now besides the MZ. The DBV,VB & everything else but the MZ got put away in the closet last night. If you have the money to spend,I would whole heartedly recommend this vape over the others at this point.

FEAR420,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I don't have a Q, but I've had an E for two years and an SSV for about three or four months. If all you want is whip hits, then the SSV is what I would get. It's simpler, quicker to heat up, more durable, travels better with the included bag, has the purist airpath possible and gives me the biggest hits I've ever had. I can load it a little with ground up bud and get efficiency that's on par with the E or I can pack a whole bud in there and get ripped immediately (what I've been doing lately).

I can't speak to the Q, but I would think it is similar to the E.

stickstones,

hereatlast

^ I think Stickstones is right, the SSV is designed to do what it does (duh, all vaked right now sorry :lol:) which is much more simplistic than Arizer's blueprint. If you KNOW you're just gonna want the whip, no question the SSV hands-down.

On the other hand, I've been a little taken aback at the criticism the Extreme's whip has gotten in some cases, I can take in (and cough out sometimes :rolleyes:) huge vapor clouds with my Extreme v3, I'm not sure I'd want more vapor than what the Extreme can offer with an elbow pack (not to mention what it does with kief!).

Not trying to further complicate your decision-making, I just wouldn't buy the SSV on the assumption that the Extreme's whip won't deliver what you need, surely the SSV is better in that regard though.

hereatlast,

Rocket J Squirrel

hereatlast said:
On the other hand, I've been a little taken aback at the criticism the Extreme's whip has gotten in some cases, I can take in (and cough out sometimes :rolleyes:) huge vapor clouds with my Extreme v3, I'm not sure I'd want more vapor than what the Extreme can offer with an elbow pack (not to mention what it does with kief!).
Well I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to look like some kinda lightweight, but a little elbow pack in my Q of herb at 200C can give me plenty of vapor, sometimes leaving me coughing. If there are vapes that put out more vapor, I don't wanna hear about them. Coughing is not on my Top Ten list of fun things to do.

Rocket J Squirrel,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
The only problem with the SSV is if you want to use a water tool with it ie. bong, inline, bubbler etc. I like to hold my bong in my hands so the Extreme's handsfree and 360 degree freely rotating elbow makes that very easy. The SSV needs to have its wand held for best effectiveness leaving only 1 hand free to hold the bong... too involved and not very relaxing IMO.

Using the Extreme with the elbow pack method will give you very large hits, to the point that you are already inhaling way more than you can absorb. Arizer should change their official instructions to the elbow pack method instead of filling the cyclone bowl.

DeepFried,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
^^^
I haven't used the ssv with a water pipe yet, but that's a good point. I will probably want the gong hands-free adapter if I decide to hit it like that.

:lol: Rocket's a lightweight! :lol:

Yes...I don't want to make it sound like the E doesn't do its job of hitting well with the whip...especially with the elbow pack. I should get my brother to bring my E over here and elbow pack it side by side with the ssv to see how it does...just too many little ones around here to do that easily.

The E was my first vape and I love it. After a while I stopped using bags and just used the whip. At that point I started looking for the biggest hits I could get and landed on wanting the ssv or the vhw. I decided on the ssv due to availability, durability, and the fact that I don't have some nice glass to go with the vhw. I haven't been disappointed. I'll do that comparison someday, but it won't be soon.

I think the E (or Q), and now maybe the ZephyrIon, are some of the best choices for first time users or people who want everything in one device. But if I know that all I want is the whip hits, I'd just start with the ssv.

stickstones,

B.

War Criminal
I use my ssv with my bong exclusively, I almost never use the whip. I have a small section of tubing on the end of the wand that acts as a gasket in my bongs downstem, and I bring the SSV to the wand as if it were a lighter. I used to run the whip into my bong, but for some reason I like the hits better when it's just wand straight into downstem. Mmmmmm...milky.

I'm not a fan of the gong handsfree. I like the smaller hole in the non handsfree heater cover, it gives me thicker hits than the larger air path of the hands free. But that's just me.

Dont get me wrong, the E hooked up to a bong will give you nice hits for sure, but the SSV is better enough to make a difference. IMO.

Also, if the dry hits have you coughing a bong will solve that problem. I get huge super smooth clouds, almost no coughing :)

Unrelated-I was at my connect's house last night, and they had just rolled a blunt of Kush(i know, sacrilege). I couldn't say no. First blunt i've hit in prolly 2 years. It was nasty, and I coughed like a newb the whole time. And I didn't even get that fucked up, and it was at least .3 or .4 split between 2 people.
Next time I'm bringin my arsenal and I'm not leavin till they drink the vape koolaid!

B.,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Next time I'm bringin my arsenal and I'm not leavin till they drink the vape koolaid!
That cracked me up B!! I'm LMAO...can't believe I didn't know for so many years no to light that shit on fire :D

davebart

I am curious to know the difference between dry bud and fresh bud results in the Q. How much longer does an elbow pack last between the two?

davebart,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
B. said:
LOL, that vape koolaid is good shit man... almost a sweet flower taste to it and you get back any goodies that were lost to the water.

DeepFried,

Konrad_Zuse

stickstones said:
^^^
I haven't used the ssv with a water pipe yet, but that's a good point. I will probably want the gong hands-free adapter if I decide to hit it like that.

Yes...I don't want to make it sound like the E doesn't do its job of hitting well with the whip...especially with the elbow pack. I should get my brother to bring my E over here and elbow pack it side by side with the ssv to see how it does...just too many little ones around here to do that easily.

The E was my first vape and I love it. After a while I stopped using bags and just used the whip. At that point I started looking for the biggest hits I could get and landed on wanting the ssv or the vhw. I decided on the ssv due to availability, durability, and the fact that I don't have some nice glass to go with the vhw. I haven't been disappointed. I'll do that comparison someday, but it won't be soon.

I think the E (or Q), and now maybe the ZephyrIon, are some of the best choices for first time users or people who want everything in one device. But if I know that all I want is the whip hits, I'd just start with the ssv.
You're going the same route I'm going :). I love my E, but bigger hits could be cool, I don't use the bag, but the option is cool when I need it, especially at school. I'm wanting to get a VHW soon too, hopefully that will work well :D.

Konrad_Zuse,

Rocket J Squirrel

stickstones said:
See? See? I told'ja that someone would call me a lightweight!

Which I am. All I can say it that this lightweight enjoys getting buzzed and appreciates good hardware and the Q pleases me in both areas.

Rocket J Squirrel,

davebart

Can someone talk about their experience between dry and fresh bud with the ammount of vapor you can pull on an elbow load. The bud I am using and will have to use until in through with it is very dry. When I go to tear a piece of it can easily be scratched to particles in my hand. Sounds like crap but it is very good bud. Looks beautiful in the jar but is very dry. I also have some middies that aren't as dry but not fresh at all. FOR THE RECORD I GET REALLY RIPPED OFF MY Q AND THIS BUD SO I AM NOT SITTING HERE WONDERING WHATS GOING WRONG...

davebart,

xRIPCITYx

Just ordered my Q today. This will be my first vape ever. I've never even used a vape before. But as my asthma gets worse I've decided its time to make the switch. I'm sure I'll be posting a lot of noob questions once I receive it.

xRIPCITYx,

B.

War Criminal
Questions are good, but experimenting is the best way to learn about vaping. The best advice I can give is to start with the temp low, see what it does, turn it up some, repeat. You'll figure that shit out quick.
Congratulations on opening your mind to fucking combusiton and welcome to the team! Hope you dig it.

B.,

B.

War Criminal
the electrician said:
maybe theres much more thc in the vapour [than in smoke]
Vapor is closer to 90% thc, while smoke is closer to 10%.

Source:

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id...jUtMWZmMy00ZTYwLWE5Y2EtN2E4OTIyYjcxZGNk&hl=en

"As far as vapor composition goes, they found that 94% of the gas was comprised of THC when compared to only 12% under combustion. No known polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons (highly carcinogenic compounds) were detected in the cannabis vapor, with only 3 other compounds aside from the THC & CBN present. The three compounds are; caryophyllene, which is an aromatic terpene found in cannabis, & minute quantities of 2 other compounds (only one of which is a suspected carcinogen)."

B.,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
B. said:
the electrician said:
maybe theres much more thc in the vapour [than in smoke]
Vapor is closer to 90% thc, while smoke is closer to 10%.

Source:

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id...jUtMWZmMy00ZTYwLWE5Y2EtN2E4OTIyYjcxZGNk&hl=en

"As far as vapor composition goes, they found that 94% of the gas was comprised of THC when compared to only 12% under combustion. No known polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons (highly carcinogenic compounds) were detected in the cannabis vapor, with only 3 other compounds aside from the THC & CBN present. The three compounds are; caryophyllene, which is an aromatic terpene found in cannabis, & minute quantities of 2 other compounds (only one of which is a suspected carcinogen)."
Think of vapor being closer to steam than smoke. But in this case instead of being composed of H2O, it is composed of THC. When vaporizing, you are boiling the THC out of the plant.

Smoke is something entirely different than vapor. Vapor is a gas. Smoke on the other hand ".... is the collection of airborne solid and liquid particulates and gases emitted when a material undergoes combustion."
Less crap in vapor, and way more THC. Well, almost entirely THC.

DevoTheStrange,

TigerLord

Alias for BradyY
Arizer is amazing, and here is my story (the following is an unpaid commercial btw...)

I received my Vaporizer on a Thursday. The small elbow-whip included for the bag (a few inch long) was broken at the elbow joint. I sent a mail to Arizer and vaporizers.ca and the same afternoon, not knowing which one to contact. Arizer came in wayyy before vaporizers.ca, promising me a new one soon. Same afternoon I get a tracking number from Canada Post (they ship from Kitchener, ON, and I live in Montreal, QC, so the distance is very short).

I got my replacement bag-whip next day, and they even included a small bag of extra filters. However I also noticed too late I had no glass stirring tool (I noticed before receiving the elbow, but they had already shipped it out). So they shipped me the glass stirring tool (I expect vaporizers.ca either sold me a refurbished item or it had been unpacked and not carefully repacked hence the broken elbow joint and the missing glass stirring tool) and yet another freebie bag of filters, which I got just as quickly.

That, ladies and gents, is what I call first rate customer service. No fuss, no waiting. One e-mail, and I got my parts. The Q is my first vaporizer ever, and I love it. The customer service Arizer provided is first rate, one of the best I have seen ever, in all companies.

Using the elbow packing technique you guys provided, I can get solid hits and nice vapor starting at 200C and working up to 215C by the end of the session. I'm gonna try packing the cyclone bowl tight and see what difference it makes...

I don't know what kind of CS other companies provide but I can vouch for Arizer, they take care of their customers.

TigerLord,

hereatlast

Great to keep hearing praise about Arizer's CS!

Hoping I don't ever need it, though last night my v3 let out a few really loud beeps before I unplugged it and plugged it back in.

hereatlast,
Top Bottom