The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

xRIPCITYx

So I'm sitting here at 1am baked out of my mind. Hoping my extreme Q arrives tomorrow. I've been reading through the forum and must say am quite impressed with the wealth of information available. I really wish i had found fc a long time ago.

On another note since I am going to stop smoking herb I figured I should give quitting cigarettes a shot also. Does anyone have any experience or information on using a vaporizer for tabacco cessation? I'm guessing I can just vape tobacco until I get over holding the actual cigarette. If I'm going to do this should i get a separate bowl and whip just for tobacco?

xRIPCITYx,

the electrician

i once loaded a bowl of cutters choice (very cheap rolling tobacco) and it was vile, more vile than anything ive ever tasted. the taste wouldnt leave my mouth for hours and i wanted to die. so yea it will work but make sure youve got some quality tobacco first because the flavours will really come through, and id say youre on the money about using two separate bowls

the electrician,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Vaporizing tobacco can be a tricky thing. You get more nicotine than you are used too. I tried to vape a tiny amount of good quality tobacco. Felt like I had just smoked half a pack. Made me sick. Try in small amounts, then work your way up.
It did also affect the taste of the whip for a few weeks as well. I would have a separate whip. The bowl you can clean out with ISO, so no need for an extra one of those.

DevoTheStrange,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I've kind of 'permanently' left my Extreme at my girlfriend's house, and she's allowed to smoke tobacco in it, but she has a separate bowl, and separate bags and whips. I just hope she remembers :)

But yeah, start with a small amount (heck, you could grab some from a ciggy), and start your temperature at 140C, and *slowly* work your way up, perhaps 5C at a time until you know the temperature that will deliver what you want. I wouldn't use a bag for tobacco (at least, not at first, but either go direct draw (vapor on demand) or vapor shooters (forced air). Once you find the sweet spot, you're good to go. And you'll probably find you save a lot of money.

Good luck.

Tom

tdavie,

stinkmeaner

DevoTheStrange said:
Vaporizing tobacco can be a tricky thing. You get more nicotine than you are used too. I tried to vape a tiny amount of good quality tobacco. Felt like I had just smoked half a pack. Made me sick. Try in small amounts, then work your way up.
Very true, I haven't been a cig smoker for a couple years but just for fun one day I decided to fill a bag of tobacco vapor in my vape and after only two inhales I was feeling dizzy and queasy.

stinkmeaner,

xRIPCITYx

So I ordered this ehle 500ml bong with an 18.8 joint size. I also purchased an 18.8 ehle diffuser. Is this everything I will need to use the bong with my Q?

ehle_top_logo_t.jpg

xRIPCITYx,

hereatlast

I thought the Extreme mouthpieces were 14mm?

It fits my current bong perfectly but i'm not sure I'm using 14 (or 14.4) or what.

hereatlast,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
You will have to buy a GonG adapter to fit it to your bong if you want a nice seal. The extreme uses a bowl and elbow that are 18mm If you have a spare elbow you can hook it up to a bong that is 18. If not you will have to use a 14mm Adapter. I think the mouth piece that comes with it is closer to 12mm.

DevoTheStrange,

vape4life

Banned for life
Damn, just missed the postman and now have to wait 5 hours to get my SSV from the post office. I'm really looking forward to testing this thing out compared to the Q. I will be selling one of them.

vape4life,

hereatlast

Well I guess I'm confused and I hope I'm not confusing RipCity with my continued questions.

My set-up may seem pretty goofy now; the few times I've ripped my Extreme through the bong I just use the regular whip (I have a shorter one I use) and just stick the mouthpiece straight into the downstem, where a seal is made with the first bump (definitely not GonG proper).

What are my other options? I was going to go with a piece of Ehle glass as well (probably a 250mm though) and I want to make sure I've got the right set-up before it gets here.

hereatlast,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
hereatlast said:
Well I guess I'm confused and I hope I'm not confusing RipCity with my continued questions.

My set-up may seem pretty goofy now; the few times I've ripped my Extreme through the bong I just use the regular whip (I have a shorter one I use) and just stick the mouthpiece straight into the downstem, where a seal is made with the first bump (definitely not GonG proper).

What are my other options? I was going to go with a piece of Ehle glass as well (probably a 250mm though) and I want to make sure I've got the right set-up before it gets here.
I think the Ehle 250 is a 14.5.
you are going to also get one of these http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/vbh20adgg.html
so your whip mates with your bong.

DevoTheStrange,

hereatlast

The 250 is 14.5, good call. Sorry for such elementary questions but just a clarification: that adaptor would fit to my E's tubing and then form a GonG seal with the 14.5mm stem? I think I will be picking that glass up so that adaptor seems necessary; any recommendations on the length of tubing that should be used when attaching the bong to the Extreme? My original whip seems a little long.

hereatlast,

the electrician

if you want to use the whip why not attach the second elbow the to mouthpiece end, this gives you an 18.8mm male joint to fit perfectly into an 18.8mm female downstem

the electrician,

MandomRix

Hey everyone. Just got my Q on monday(Thanks Kevin at KJ Rockwise!) but have run into a slight problem with the unit.

There's these two gaps of light on either side of the front of the unit. Does anyone else have this problem? It really takes away from the aesthetic.

MandomRix,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
the electrician said:
if you want to use the whip why not attach the second elbow the to mouthpiece end, this gives you an 18.8mm male joint to fit perfectly into an 18.8mm female downstem
Gotta own a 18mm first. hereatlast is talking about buying a glass piece that has 14.5, so a 14.5 adapter would make sense.

DevoTheStrange,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
vape4life said:
Damn, just missed the postman and now have to wait 5 hours to get my SSV from the post office. I'm really looking forward to testing this thing out compared to the Q. I will be selling one of them.
please make a extreme Q vs. SSV thread. im sure a lot of us would be very interested. :brow:

illadelph,

xRIPCITYx

Well I got my extreme Q today and must say I think I'm in love. I've only tried a little bit in the whip so far and started at 190c moving up to 210c over about 15 minutes. I love the high. I am a little confused about the mouthpieces though. It came with 2 in a bag but then the whip also has what looks to be a glass mouthpiece attached to it. Am I supposed to just put one of the other mouthpieces over the one on the whip or does the one on the whip come out also?

xRIPCITYx,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
the extra mouthpieces are in case you break the original mouthpiece.

You can also use a small piece of tubing on the end of the mouthpiece in the whip, and slide the extra mouthpeices into the small tubing. You can do this so each person has their own mouthpiece and not swap spit.

DevoTheStrange,

xRIPCITYx

MandomRix said:
Hey everyone. Just got my Q on monday(Thanks Kevin at KJ Rockwise!) but have run into a slight problem with the unit.

[url]http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/9420/bluegap.jpg[/url]

There's these two gaps of light on either side of the front of the unit. Does anyone else have this problem? It really takes away from the aesthetic.
Mine has this also. I think maybe that is just the way they are designed?

xRIPCITYx,

vape4life

Banned for life
No need, tested it out and was severely dissappointed. I have no idea how people can say it's such an awesome whip vape. The Extreme (original or Q) blows it away in every aspect IMO. I had it on full heat and couldn't get the vapour that I was used to out of the Q. And the entire way of getting the vapour is stupid IMO. Tried it for a bowl...in the end finished it off in the Q!

After this experience I have no interest in trying the volcano (orginal plan was going to be sell the Q and go with the SSV/Cano combo for best of both worlds). I am VERY happy with the Q and for the money it is hands down the best vaporizer in the world.

And for the record, I think my arizer V-Tower Classic (no fan/no display) was waaaay better than the SSV!

Now I gotta sell this thing and hopefully not take too much of a loss :(

illadelph said:
vape4life said:
please make a extreme Q vs. SSV thread. im sure a lot of us would be very interested. :brow:

vape4life,

vape4life

Banned for life
+2 the dark spots are where the "feet" are. Normal...and no big deal.

xRIPCITYx said:
MandomRix said:

[url]http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/9420/bluegap.jpg[/url]

Mine has this also. I think maybe that is just the way they are designed?

vape4life,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
well thats a relief. i was bout to try an SSV myself just to see the best whip vape even though i have always gotten cannon hits out of my extreme and never really needed more than that. the 360 rotating elbow also seems more convenient for me when ill be using it with my new inline.

illadelph,
Top Bottom