• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

FEAR420

Heres some EQ Vids I shot with my Kodak Zi8 HD....Hope you guys enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz81DSORdn8 <-iPhone/480P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0Fhg9xU73U <-1080P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELAcvQYcqs0 <-1080P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86O_C0uUSA0 <- iPhone/480P

And as far as the DBV/SSV comparo goes....My DBV has been in the closet since I got my EQ. As a matter of fact,EVERY other vape except the MZ is stored safely away in the VHW cave... Personally I would sell the DBV,but it was my first "real vape" so it has some sentimental value.

FEAR420,

B.

War Criminal
vape4life said:
No need, tested it out and was severely dissappointed. I have no idea how people can say it's such an awesome whip vape. The Extreme (original or Q) blows it away in every aspect IMO. I had it on full heat and couldn't get the vapour that I was used to out of the Q. And the entire way of getting the vapour is stupid IMO. Tried it for a bowl...in the end finished it off in the Q!
So after less than one bowl you feel that you've become an expert on the SSV? On full heat my SSV produces combustion almost immediately. Either the unit is defective or you're doing it wrong.

It's BMW vs. Mercedes. They're both great cars, it comes down to personal preference and user technique.
I've never been able to milk my bong with an E like I can with my SSV. The E will milk, just not as dense.
Also, don't take the durability factor out of the equation. My SSV has taken sooo much abuse and is still going strong.

:2c:

B.,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
vape4life said:
No need, tested it out and was severely dissappointed. I have no idea how people can say it's such an awesome whip vape. The Extreme (original or Q) blows it away in every aspect IMO. I had it on full heat and couldn't get the vapour that I was used to out of the Q. And the entire way of getting the vapour is stupid IMO. Tried it for a bowl...in the end finished it off in the Q!

After this experience I have no interest in trying the volcano (orginal plan was going to be sell the Q and go with the SSV/Cano combo for best of both worlds). I am VERY happy with the Q and for the money it is hands down the best vaporizer in the world.

And for the record, I think my arizer V-Tower Classic (no fan/no display) was waaaay better than the SSV!

Now I gotta sell this thing and hopefully not take too much of a loss :(

illadelph said:
vape4life said:
Damn, just missed the postman and now have to wait 5 hours to get my SSV from the post office. I'm really looking forward to testing this thing out compared to the Q. I will be selling one of them.
please make a extreme Q vs. SSV thread. im sure a lot of us would be very interested. :brow:
If you are going to be selling vapes, your opinion will matter to your customers. It sounds to me like your SSV experience is unusual. I suggest looking into whether you got a defective one or if you just don't know how to use it...just from the perspective of being credible to your customers. I can tell you that, given my experience with about ten differnt vape models, if a reseller told me the SSV sucked (or even that it was not one of the better models on the market) I would think he was full of shit and wouldn't listen to his opinion any more.

stickstones,

vape4life

Banned for life
I didn't say I was an expert on the SSV. But after giving it a shot I knew right away that it didn't even come close to the Q. What am I doing wrong? I let it heat up on 3/4 for 30 mins, and then dialed it down to 1/2. I used good bud and the instructions said to use only about 1/4" in the bowl which is exactly what I did. I find it stupid that you have to hold the bowl to the heater and the handsfree thing is even stupider. I just didn't like the mechanics of use...personal preference, maybe, but in the end all I want is decent vapour! SO, i was getting LIGHT vapour so I cranked it to max. Definitely got more vapour but not as much or thick as the Q. I'm sure my technique would improve after a few days, but my opinion is that this vape is back in the classic v-tower dark ages. For $50 less, the Q outperforms (IMO) and has a million more features. If the unit is defective, all the more reason for me to hate it right out of the box.

Durability? You mean like the stupid breakable glass temp adjustment knob?? What were they thinking!!!?? You can make the body out of titanium, but if the dial is glass who cares!

B. said:
vape4life said:
So after less than one bowl you feel that you've become an expert on the SSV? On full heat my SSV produces combustion almost immediately. Either the unit is defective or you're doing it wrong.

It's BMW vs. Mercedes. They're both great cars, it comes down to personal preference and user technique.
I've never been able to milk my bong with an E like I can with my SSV. The E will milk, just not as dense.
Also, don't take the durability factor out of the equation. My SSV has taken sooo much abuse and is still going strong.

:2c:

vape4life,

vape4life

Banned for life
I don't sell vapes. Just want the best one for home use and have exclusively only used Arizer's for good reason. Since I thought I was biased, I decided to take the plunge on an SSV since I heard it could deliver thicker clouds of vapour. Well, in my experience it has rather dissappointed me. I doubt that it's defective, but who knows maybe it doesn't get hot enough. I regret buying it because now i'll take a $50 loss, and should have just stuck to my precious Q!

Time to take some nice hits from the Q....without some ridiculous hands free attachment!

If anyone can give some advice on what I was doing wrong with the SSV please lemme know, and if anyone wants to buy one after only 1 use (and you can't tell, it looks brand new) lemme know too.

stickstones said:
vape4life said:

After this experience I have no interest in trying the volcano (orginal plan was going to be sell the Q and go with the SSV/Cano combo for best of both worlds). I am VERY happy with the Q and for the money it is hands down the best vaporizer in the world.

And for the record, I think my arizer V-Tower Classic (no fan/no display) was waaaay better than the SSV!

Now I gotta sell this thing and hopefully not take too much of a loss :(

illadelph said:
please make a extreme Q vs. SSV thread. im sure a lot of us would be very interested. :brow:
If you are going to be selling vapes, your opinion will matter to your customers. It sounds to me like your SSV experience is unusual. I suggest looking into whether you got a defective one or if you just don't know how to use it...just from the perspective of being credible to your customers. I can tell you that, given my experience with about ten differnt vape models, if a reseller told me the SSV sucked (or even that it was not one of the better models on the market) I would think he was full of shit and wouldn't listen to his opinion any more.

vape4life,

B.

War Criminal
vape4life said:
Durability? You mean like the stupid breakable glass temp adjustment knob?? What were they thinking!!!?? You can make the body out of titanium, but if the dial is glass who cares!
That is just the cover to the dial, which is also metal, and very sturdy. If you break the glass, the unit is still 100% functional.

B.,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
vape4life...sorry, I read that wrong about your intent to sell.

Honestly, it sounds like you were using it just like I do. My guess is it's defective, but you only tried it once, so who knows. I just would expect it to be defective because it's not like you don't know how to use a vape. Shit, if you can use an E or a Q, you sure as hell can use something as simple as the SSV.

I get what you are syaing about having to use your hands to hold the whip to the vape. It has gotten to be somewhat of a ritual for me, so I like it now. I originally thought I would want hand free, but I've heard they don't hit as hard. The trouble of holding the whip to the unit is worth it when you get great hits, but obviously that was not the case for you.

stickstones,

vape4life

Banned for life
Or maybe the E/Q kicks the SSV's ass ;)

stickstones said:
vape4life...sorry, I read that wrong about your intent to sell.

Honestly, it sounds like you were using it just like I do. My guess is it's defective, but you only tried it once, so who knows. I just would expect it to be defective because it's not like you don't know how to use a vape. Shit, if you can use an E or a Q, you sure as hell can use something as simple as the SSV.

I get what you are syaing about having to use your hands to hold the whip to the vape. It has gotten to be somewhat of a ritual for me, so I like it now. I originally thought I would want hand free, but I've heard they don't hit as hard. The trouble of holding the whip to the unit is worth it when you get great hits, but obviously that was not the case for you.

vape4life,

B.

War Criminal
Before you sell it, try taking the glass heater cover off and gently lift the heating element up. Mine has a bit of play to it, and the higher up I can pull it the hotter the hits get. I think it has to do with keeping the lower hole as far below the hot, glowing part of the heating element.

If you have a bong, try what I do. Use a 1 to 2 inch piece of tubing to connect your wand to your bong's downstem, and treat it like the bowl, and the ssv is a giant lighter. Take a HUGE rip. It's the one thing, that for me, the SSV does better than anyone I've tried so far. I don't always want a hit that kicks my ass, but sometimes it's fun :ko: It's also subjective. Whatever vape gets ya there, gets ya there.

Back to my car analogy, it's like if you drove a Mercedes your whole life, and then test drove a BMW but it had it's E-brake on, you'd think they sucked. Tinker with your SSV, if you get it to work it'll be worth it.

And I'm def not knocking the E, E/Q, V-tower. All super cool vapes.

B.,

lwien

vape4life said:
Man, I've read a lot of stuff (spend way too much time doing it) on various MJ forums and this one in depth, and I don't think I've heard anyone say that before. I've heard great things about both, but never that the EQ kicks the SSV's ass. That's a first.

lwien,

vape4life

Banned for life
The SSV is a very basic vaporizer. The housing is solid, but the temp control knob and wand are glass. I've broken a couple of E bowls and adapter pieces, I can't imagine how much a replacement wand might be. The whip didn't look as "food grade" as the E's and more rubber like. Simple draw pull whip vape, that's it. How is it better than the E/Q? The E/Q give MONSTROUS hits at over 240C. I don't know, I just don't see how anyone would prefer the SSV over the E/Q but to each their own.

lwien said:
vape4life said:
Man, I've read a lot of stuff (spend way too much time doing it) on various MJ forums and this one in depth, and I don't think I've heard anyone say that before. I've heard great things about both, but never that the EQ kicks the SSV's ass. That's a first.

vape4life,

Monsoon

I used an SSV for 1.5 years up until November 2009 when I got a Magic Flight Launch Box. Now I'm smoking joints again so I'm going to pick up the Q soon since it's way more efficient. The problem is that I have sensitive front teeth so I can't go too high in temp and the LB isn't giving me the dose I need. I plan on getting the Q and using bags (possibly with a bong).

The SSV has also gotten to be a pain in the ass to clean. The screen is a pain to put in place and the design on the wand makes it harder to get all the gunk out. Probably it's worse flaw is the single screen design. Blow into it by accident and you get wasted herb and 10 minutes to clean it up. It makes sharing harder and it's happened many times that I've heard something funny and blown into it myself.

So once I get it in a couple weeks I'll post a review and can offer some comparison between the SSV and the Extreme Q.

Also, a longshot, but does anyone know of stores in Montreal that sell it? I've only found one and they sell it for $295 so I'm hoping to find one that sells it a bit cheaper. Ordering online isn't an option for me at this time (long story). It was actually kind of sad that the ones that didn't have it had no idea what I was talking about.

Monsoon,

FEAR420

Raf007 said:
That's 270 USD, isn't it a good price already ?
Thats exactly what I paid from KJ Rockwise...who's also a canadian disributor...

I think hes in Waterloo

FEAR420,

vape4life

Banned for life
$260 shipped on kijiji.. there is a distributer on there. In fact I only paid $230 the first week the Q came out as I picked it up at Square One Mississauga to save myself $30 delivery. Did the same with my E ($220), both we opened together on pickup to confirm brand new, etc.

vape4life,

mydogvapedmyhw

I finally got my Q yesterday. 4 of us who had never vaped before put about .4g of kush in the cyclone and it seemed to hit endlessly. Ended up throwing in another bowl so I could try out the bags and finished the bowl with the whip. These two bowls easily lasted an hour of straight vaping. I was extremely impressed. I can't compare the Q to any other vapes, but I can say it's well worth the money and I can't see how anything could vape any better.

mydogvapedmyhw,

vape4life

Banned for life
Decided to take the SSV for another test drive. I eat my words humbly. The problem was I didn't use enough herb, just 1/4" loose. So I filled the bowl about 1/2 to 3/4 packed moderately and took the wand for a drive. Great hits, tonnes of vapour, and very much endless like the Q. However I cannot see in anyway how it hits any better than the Q. Sure max was giving me insane temps nearing combustion, but who wants to even come close to that? Defeats the point of vaping IMO.

The SSV is a great vape, but for the value the Q is just as good, and even better. I still plan on selling the SSV.

I did my comparison using the wand on the SSV only, and with the Q I used the mini whip and pulled directly off of it (both cyclone bowl with .5 and also tried packing the elbow). I used a temp of about 2pm on the SSV and 230C on the Q.

vape4life,

xRIPCITYx

I've had the Q for a couple of days. Gotta say I love using the bags. I can pack the elbow full and get one good bag at 200-220c. Seems to me like i get higher using the bag vs using the whip when loading the same amount into the elbow. Maybe I just haven't gotten the whip technique down yet.

Just had a couple of questions. When it comes to smoking keef should i just sprinkle it loosely over some herb in the bowl or should i pack it in the elbow? What about using a pollen press and pressing it into a solid form?

xRIPCITYx,

vape4life

Banned for life
I wonder if you get higher because you can get bigger hits with the bag. With the whip, if you inhale slow, you'll get super thick vapour, but it will obviously be hotter.

With kif, I just pack the elbow...sometimes i'll layer a bit or herb, then kif or bubble hash powder, then herb. Experiment...if you crank the heat to 220-240C, you can get some serious hits that will knock you on your ass!

xRIPCITYx said:
I've had the Q for a couple of days. Gotta say I love using the bags. I can pack the elbow full and get one good bag at 200-220c. Seems to me like i get higher using the bag vs using the whip when loading the same amount into the elbow. Maybe I just haven't gotten the whip technique down yet.

Just had a couple of questions. When it comes to smoking keef should i just sprinkle it loosely over some herb in the bowl or should i pack it in the elbow? What about using a pollen press and pressing it into a solid form?

vape4life,

FEAR420

xRIPCITYx said:

I actually press my pollen into a disc then just drop that fucker right into the EQ Cyclone bowl. Let it sit there & perculate for a few mins then vape away. You'll actually see the lil green disc dancing around as you toke off it ;)

I got some keif to press up here...maybe Ill do a vid of how I do my keif/hash vaping :D

FEAR420,

hereatlast

Before purchasing my Extreme I made some pressed "hash" (pressure+heat) which I loved for smoking (it was easier to handle with less volatile smoke). I've found that kief does SO well in the Extreme that my hash is now just kind of moot, whenever I use it I end up crushing it back into powder anyways.

I think pressed kief is okay but I think you'll do better with the powder form. Since surface area is of importance with vaping I assumed that using kief more exhaustively extracts the THC than is possible with a solid block, any confirmation on this?

As for methodology, I nearly always sandwich kief whether in the elbow or the cyclone. For bags, if I'm using kief I just put it on top sometimes and it definitely makes a difference :ko:

hereatlast,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
that would be cool, fear. btw, I finally ordered a production LB, based a lot on your testimonial and video, so those vids help...thanks!

stickstones,

FEAR420

stickstones said:
that would be cool, fear. btw, I finally ordered a production LB, based a lot on your testimonial and video, so those vids help...thanks!
Anytime man!!! Thats why I just went out on Tuesday & bought a Kodak Zi8 HD with 4GB SD card. Just tell me what resolution/format is best for your viewing pleasures & Ill do it up. I can do 480P,720P,720P/60Hz,& full 1080P.

EDIT : Stix,if ya get a chance,hop on AIM. I wanna discuss something with ya :D

FEAR420,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
FEAR420 said:
I actually press my pollen into a disc then just drop that fucker right into the EQ Cyclone bowl. Let it sit there & perculate for a few mins then vape away. You'll actually see the lil green disc dancing around as you toke off it ;)

I got some keif to press up here...maybe Ill do a vid of how I do my keif/hash vaping :D
Fear420; this sounds good. A question; when you vape the pollen from the E-Q are you using the whip or bag? What temperature(s) are you using for this?

thanks

Tom

tdavie,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
everytime i have vaped kif i just pack it straight into the elbow. using fresh bud with it seems to be a little much for me. a kind of special occasion type of overkill. :ko:

illadelph,
Top Bottom