The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

vape4life

Banned for life
I'm not sure either...I got the most thinnest of vapour rips at 175C using the whip. Maybe with the Extreme, but with the Q not likely.

GetHighLikePlanes said:
Yeah, I'm not sure how people are getting vapor at 170C. As I stated before I use 374F to 455F which is 190C and 235C respectively, but I'm still experimenting. I change temps on the fly to get every last little bit of THC. Thanks for explaining what an elbow pack is; I tried it and didn't notice any real benefit, but please share more temperatures that work for you, methods of conserving and getting higher :ko:. Thanks!

vape4life,

vape4life

Banned for life
What you say is bang on. Personally I wish it was like the very first Vtower Classic --> an analog dial from 1 to 5! Always kept it between around 3 to 4.5. It's only an indication of where the heat is at, at which experience comes into play as well.

Rocket J Squirrel said:
DevoTheStrange said:
as far as temp variations between the last extreme and the Q, I don't see that as much of an issue. If you look at the past history of Extremes, they have all had different temps compared to the next model. This is due to how and where they read the temp in the unit.
I don't see why this wouldn't hold true for the new model. Just gotta figure out the temp ranges compared too previous models.
I agree, and think that too many people fret about this. I don't think any vaporizers provide an accurate readout of the temp of the herb. They have to stick the thermal probe someplace, but it ain't in the center of the bowl. And if they did, someone would fret that the temp in the center is not the same as that on the sides. I reckon that the readout is just some number that I can refer to when setting the temp, and it's up to me to figure out what number gives the result I'm looking for.

I don't think that the number is very useful when comparing two different vapes -- each has its own way of measuring things.

vape4life,

vape4life

Banned for life
I'm surprised you get adequate airflow with that method. The point of the cyclone bowl is to allow sufficient air around the herbs to extract all the goodness. If you pack the elbow (and yes i've tried it and know it works), and you add herb to the bowl (even if it's spent), wouldnt it make it difficult to pull from? Or do you just use the fan to blow bags?

I've gotten good thick bags from just filling the bowl to the black tape. after i'm through though there is about 1/4 to 1/2 of the bowl filled with vaped bud.

davebart said:
With my E I would take what was in the elbow and throw the vaped elbow bud into the cyclone bowl and then fill the elbow with fresh the next time I sat down to vape. So then I would have partially vaped in the cyclone and fresh in the elbow. I usually warm up my E for 15 min at 220C then drop it down and stay between 190c to 210c at the most. After that round the same routine goes, take whats in the cyclone bowl and put it in my vaped herbs jar for cookies and then take the recently used elbow herb and place it in the cyclone. This works well to ensure ur not missing anything at those temps from the previous herb but also you get that fresh herb taste...

I dunno just something I do...

How much herbs do u suggest it would take to fill a nice thick bag? I know there are alot of variables but what would be peoples average amount?

vape4life,

vape4life

Banned for life
This is an important point. And i'm thinking exactly the same way you are. All these features are nice and all, but it all comes down to the vapour! With my experience thus far with the Q, sometimes I think there is thinner vapour, but more of it, but I can't confirm this yet. I just blew one bag at 200C (bowl filled to black tape and using purple kush from van island) on high speed (took 2 1/2 mins to fill), and got good vapour...not super thick, but definitely thick enough. Then upped the temp to 210 and blew a bag after stirring on slow speed. Also got a decent bag of vapour. End result...nicely dried brown vaped weed.

I think the most important factor in vaping is letting the bowl/herbs "perculate".

Starting to regret my decision to upgrade alot less now.

hereatlast said:
Keep the comparisons coming!

Obviously I can't compare as I don't have the Q but my biggest questions are beginning to get answered (e.g. how do the units compare in the vapor they deliver?). I too would expect that the Q, with a somewhat different temperature reading than the v3, won't deliver the same vapor the v3 does at the same temperatures.

One of the major criticisms that I've heard about the Extreme as a whole (any of the versions) is that it doesn't deliver the same thick vapor that a whip-based unit would. With my v3 the elbow pack seems to do just fine; I guess my biggest question to those comparing the v3 to the Q would still be, do you get thicker/thinner vapor with the Q than achievable with the v3? I'm sure that the recent development of the Q may make it easier/nicer to use (quieter fan, 'fixed' flickering light, display/aesthetics improve) but I'm curious if its a better unit on the basis of the vapor it produces.

vape4life,

the electrician

having the cyclone bowl and the elbow packed wont make it any harder to pull from, itll still be easy as pie. the reason youre getting these huge hits from elbow packing is because youre concentrating the weed into one place, instead of letting it fly around the usual bowl the heat just blasts it and out comes all the vapour. and ill fight to the death that there are much better ways still

the electrician,

vape4life

Banned for life
forgive my ignorance, but what is vhw?

the electrician said:
youve just got to set it up a little differently for the really thick hits, like this for example:
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/8157/shitp.jpg
hits as big as you can handlei like to fill the "wand" with weed to collect resin, gives the last few bowls of your stash super powers. sometimes i toy with the idea of selling it all and getting a vhw and a sweet bong, but who knows

vape4life,

vape4life

Banned for life
Hmmm, you would think Arizer would come up with a special type of adapter piece or bowl that makes it even easier to do the elbow packing. When you use that method, do you up the temp moreso than using the bowl?

the electrician said:
having the cyclone bowl and the elbow packed wont make it any harder to pull from, itll still be easy as pie. the reason youre getting these huge hits from elbow packing is because youre concentrating the weed into one place, instead of letting it fly around the usual bowl the heat just blasts it and out comes all the vapour. and ill fight to the death that there are much better ways still

vape4life,

the electrician

these days its set to a more or less permanent 205 C or 200 C i dont know. generally i used to hang out between 185 and 225, starting lower if i wanna take my time or something, then cranking it if i want the weed to end up a very dark brown

the electrician,

SaintVaped

Hello all, I'm new to the Forum, and the proud owner of a new ExtremeQ Vaporizer.
I had tried vapes before, the Volcano and the Herbal Aire, but they were usually short sessions and couldn't take my time with them. I did some research on the Web and was introduced to the ExtremeQ where I was immediately impressed by the Engineering and multi-function uses, plus the fact it's a Canadian Company.
I ordered one at a great price and received it this past Monday (Jan. 18). At first I was overwhelmed with all the features and techniques with Temp. etc., but am now getting the most enjoyable smoking experience I've ever had with the ExtremeQ.:
First: The flavours are amazing!! What you would get hints of in flavor through a joint or pipe is nothing compared to the purity of taste you can identify as citrus, pine, berry, etc. depending on the herb. It took me awhile to figure out how to maximize a balloon, and how to use the Whip system properly. Personally, If I'm alone or with a buddy, I find the Whip the most casual way to get healthilly high! Once a nice bowl is packed, and the Temp is correct, I find starting the whip with the fan will get things going, then I turn the fan off, and take a draw of thick flavourful vapour every five minutes or so! It's just so casual, tasty, and efficient I am forever going to use and praise my new ExrtremeQ.
....Side note - I ran out of fresh herb, all I had was the leftovers from previous bowls in a container...-I threw the remnants in a cyclone bowl, heated it moderately, and ended-up with one nice balloon, and I'm still using the whip on demand with great success and no lethargy. One of the best things I've acquired in a long time! Thanks to the Engineers and Design team at Arizer for making a high quality, affordable, and highly efficient vaporizer.

SaintVaped,

Konrad_Zuse

Damn I really want to get this vape.. I was like 2 weeks too early :'(. Haha ohhh well. But uh I like to start at 190 and go up to 230C, that's about a good place to stop, after that not much is going on lol. Nothing before that really worked well for me, but oh well each his own :D.

Konrad_Zuse,

SugaShack

Greetings All,
I'm a Newbie to FC and also recieved my very 1st vaporizer today The Extreme Q... I want to give a shout out to GreatVape.com for there excellent customer service it only took 2 days to get my vape on my doorstep no extra charge:brow:... I choose The Extreme Q because I like to push buttons, love the LCD screen, it claims to do a lot of things; and the reviews were really good... I know nothing about vaporizers or how to use one efficiently.. I only had the privilege to use the box style once. Thank to (:( I forgot your name) one of the members here for pointing me to the correct thread I found a lot of very useful information that will be quite helpful to me... I've been experimenting with Edibles resently and I had one of my X4 cupcakes about 2hrs ago and I've already burned 2 nice fatty's today; so needless to say I'm feeling real good rite about now.. So I think I'll just unpack my new vape and for now just burn off all that factory stuff and get myself familiar with my Extreme Q.. Surely hope I won't be disappointed.. Looking for my sweet spot... I'm expecting this journey to be quite nice

SugaShack,
Reactions: ataxian

Rocket J Squirrel

"Looking for my sweet spot," said SugaShack. The more I think about it, the more I think that finding the sweet spot -- different for everyone -- is what this is all about.

Rocket J Squirrel,

Raf007

Retailer
SaintVaped said:
Hello all, I'm new to the Forum, and the proud owner of a new ExtremeQ Vaporizer.
I had tried vapes before, the Volcano and the Herbal Aire, but they were usually short sessions and couldn't take my time with them.
Hi there
What do you call short ? with how much weed ?
I'm asking coz i'm intersted in the Q but have the Cano.
And a regular bowl with my VC (like 0.4g) can last me 50mins if I want to take my time. But then I don't get milky balloons. Do you think the Q can last longer with more vapor ?

Raf007,

vape4life

Banned for life
With the bowl filled to the tape (about 1/2g), I can get a couple of decent bags with moderate temperatures. So that lasts me about 5 minutes! lol

I guess you could spread the bags out though. Why are you switching from the Cano? Because of the whip?

Does anyone have any direct comparisons of the Cano vs Extreme (as a bag vapo), or is there another thread?

Raf007 said:
SaintVaped said:
I had tried vapes before, the Volcano and the Herbal Aire, but they were usually short sessions and couldn't take my time with them.
Hi there
What do you call short ? with how much weed ?
I'm asking coz i'm intersted in the Q but have the Cano.
And a regular bowl with my VC (like 0.4g) can last me 50mins if I want to take my time. But then I don't get milky balloons. Do you think the Q can last longer with more vapor ?

vape4life,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
i havent filled the bowl "to the tape" as you say for a very long time. i usually weigh out .2 every time i want to vape and it lasts me plenty in the whip. of course i get baked and forget i even have the whip in my hand so it lasts a bit. ;)

illadelph,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I Enjoy that when it happens. So baked you don't even remember that you are in the middle of vaporizing.

DevoTheStrange,

vape4life

Banned for life
Must be nice... I can barely get that baked anymore. I need a nice tolerance break, but it's kind of impossible when you can't sleep without it.

vape4life,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
^^^
my tolerance is doing great since I did that.
I scored a good size stash of some great stuff, but I knew it would be feel like normal soon if I didn't make sure I didn't build up a tolerance to it. I've since traded some of it for about four or five different strains of slightly lesser qulity shit. Now I mix it up between strains, mixing strains, even smoking sometimes to keep my system off balance.

stickstones,

vape4life

Banned for life
I'm always changing strains, but it doesn't seem to help too much. I get that initial "high" when transitioning from sober to vaked, but then after that it's hard to maintain it.

It's funny though as much of a heavy user as I am, when I go without for 4 days (I work shift work so that happens twice per month), and I use a home piss stick test, i'm clean when I drink lots of water.

DevoTheStrange said:
I have a pretty high tolerance. I just switch up strains often.

vape4life,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
one thing I have noticed is the high with vaporizing is a lot cleaner and I don't notice that I am high until I start interacting with other people. Or, if I have been sitting down for a while I will stand up and realize that I am really high.

DevoTheStrange,

B.

War Criminal
I'll see that church, and raise that the comedown is also wayyyyy cleaner.

Has anyone found/posted a side by side video of the extreme and the extreme q? i'd like to hear the noise difference.

B.,
Top Bottom