The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Mark

John Brown
It is a party vape, it gets knocked over, or someone pulls the bowl when it is rezzed stuck. When you think about it, it is a bad design for it to just be held by a steel pin.

I have only broken about 100 dollars worth, 5-6. And some friends I know want to buy a vape anyways, so I could get the new one for 100-150 dollars.

Mark,

Raf007

Retailer
ok, makes sense. I guess it's more durable when you're just chillin'.

Raf007,

Rocket J Squirrel

It's probably not designed with rough handling in mind. There may be a more suitable vape for that. Still, if the breakage of that part results in a significant amount of warranty repair or exchanges, I reckon Arizer is aware of it. If it hurts the bottom line or the product's reputation then Steve seems a bright enough fellow to make changes.

Rocket J Squirrel,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Noodles123 said:
Anyone know if the Extreme-Q fits with the SSV Water Filter/Ice Chambers?
it should.
Might wanna buy a new length of hose that is slightly bigger in diameter. The hose that comes with the extreme is a bit skinnier. I find glass stuck in the tubing that comes with the extreme does not like too come off glass once it is in there. I ended up going with a slightly larger hose and I hook that up too my bong using a GonG adapter.
Rocket J Squirrel said:
It's probably not designed with rough handling in mind. There may be a more suitable vape for that. Still, if the breakage of that part results in a significant amount of warranty repair or exchanges, I reckon Arizer is aware of it. If it hurts the bottom line or the product's reputation then Steve seems a bright enough fellow to make changes.
I always thought that the extreme felt a bit fragile... I don't see why the Q should be any different.
lots of small glass parts with the extreme

DevoTheStrange,

Mark

John Brown
DevoTheStrange said:
I always thought that the extreme felt a bit fragile... I don't see why the Q should be any different.
lots of small glass parts with the extreme
It claims to have extra protection.

Mark,

NYC Vape

Wow - I suddenly want a Q model - Anyone interested in buying my 5 or so week old Extreme III? Whip and second bag not even touched.

NYC Vape,

lwien

NYC Vape said:
Wow - I suddenly want a Q model - Anyone interested in buying my 5 or so week old Extreme III? Whip and second bag not even touched.
Gottcha............... !!! ;)

lwien,

Rocket J Squirrel

Got my Q. :) The nice postal worker brought it this afternoon.

Before I send back my Extreme (minor warranty problem), I'm going to make sure the Q is free from problems. So I'll have my last-gen Extreme and this new first-gen Q side by side for comparison for the next two days in case someone has any questions I can answer about how they differ.

It's about 0.75'' (20mm) shorter than the Extreme. The finish of the column is darker than the Extreme's plain stainless one -- I was wondering if it would fit in next to the stainless and chrome kitchen appliances on the counter, and it does. The fan, though far from silent, is miles quieter than the Extreme's. The heating element looks unchanged, it has the same mesh top and glass surround, though the mounting of the heater core has been changed. Same remote, same power supply.

Anything else I can answer for anyone?

Rocket J Squirrel,

Rocket J Squirrel

Forgot to mention: whereas the red "heater" lamp on the Extreme stays solid red while heating, goes out when cooling, and flickers when the controller is maintaining the set temperature; the Q's heater lamp behaves a little differently: it still goes on while heating, and off while cooling, but instead of flickering -- which some people don't care for -- it blinks slowly and steadily while maintaining the set temp.

On my Extreme, the glass bit inside the tower is a bit loose, it feels like a loose handle on a faucet. The Q's mounting is firmer, the only thing that slips is the glass-on-glass joint itself. But the unit is new: something might loosen.

It's hard to say why -- it might even be something as trivial as the way the lamp works (I never realized how more mellow a slow-blink is than a flicker), or how the new LCD display is laid out -- but the Q feels like a somewhat more substantial and developed product.

(A couple or hits later) Let this thing preheat for five minutes @ 210C and an elbow load hits quite nicely . . . quite nicely . . . in . . . deed.

Dude ... look at that sunset!

Rocket J Squirrel,

Rocket J Squirrel

The new darker finish on the tower's stainless steel skin has a purplish tinge under tungsten (regular light bulb) lighting. This isn't the case with the Extreme, which is skinned with unfinished stainless steel.

I am very stoned. This thing seems to deliver more and better but I can't see any reason why. Top of the heating element looks the same, the glass wrapper around the element looks the same, and the rest of the glassware hasn't changed. But I'm seriously baked so I'll sign off for now.

Rocket J Squirrel,

MagicMists

Rocket J Squirrel said:
This thing seems to deliver more and better but I can't see any reason why... But I'm seriously baked so I'll sign off for now.
Thanks a lot for your comparison of the two units, very helpful! I'll probably try to sell my Extreme to a friend and get a Q.

MagicMists,

Rocket J Squirrel

As a caution, I should have said that I loaded the elbow of the Q with unknown herb, given to me by a grower who had some drying but wasn't real sure where he and his buddy had gotten it. I had not tried it before. So my results of last night (above) might have been due to the bud and not the machine. That'll take a week or so for me to sort out, I'm not a heavy user. I can say that despite how high I got, the load in the elbow is still mainly green, with a brown core, so it looks like most of the stuff is still unbaked.

Rocket J Squirrel,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
it may look unbaked but you might find it may not have much vapor left in it.
I tend too blow the herb the bowl into the cyclone bowl, then dump the herb out and repack it back into the elbow. This acts like stirring it.

DevoTheStrange,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I get a couple extra hits doing this, just sux though, have too touch lots of hot things

DevoTheStrange,

GetHighLikePlanes

Hello,
I received my extreme q vaporizer last week and I love it. This is my first vaporizer and I never thought I would use the bag system, but it helps conserve my bud. The remote is the best accessory ever; I change temperature and fan speed on the fly. At first I thought the unit wastes because the vaporized bud still had red hairs and trichs so I smoked the leftovers in a bong which was a huge mistake. The taste was horrible and the smoke made me cough. With this vaporizer I can actually taste my bud hit after hit. I can't wait to try different strains so I can get their actual taste. Overall, the extreme q is quality made from the unit itself down to the neat glass stirrer. I notice you guys talk about loading the elbow, but what does that mean? Do you take out the screen of the elbow, fill it, and put the screen back? Do you also fill the cyclone bowl? My temperature ranges anywhere from 374F to 455F (trying to vape the most out of my bud). What temps do you use? Thanks!

GetHighLikePlanes,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Elbow Pack - Fill the screen contained within the elbow shaped piece, that dome screen, with herb.
You fill just this screen do not put anything in the cyclone bowl. This is what people do to make the experience more efficient. Uses less herb.

If I am not using the elbow pack and using the cyclone, how much I fill it depends on the quality of herb... I will go half full or less with grade, and will do a full fill (all the clear are not frosted area) with really low quality herb

DevoTheStrange,
GetHighLikePlanes said:
Hello,
I received my extreme q vaporizer last week and I love it. This is my first vaporizer and I never thought I would use the bag system, but it helps conserve my bud. The remote is the best accessory ever; I change temperature and fan speed on the fly. At first I thought the unit wastes because the vaporized bud still had red hairs and trichs so I smoked the leftovers in a bong which was a huge mistake. The taste was horrible and the smoke made me cough. With this vaporizer I can actually taste my bud hit after hit. I can't wait to try different strains so I can get their actual taste. Overall, the extreme q is quality made from the unit itself down to the neat glass stirrer. I notice you guys talk about loading the elbow, but what does that mean? Do you take out the screen of the elbow, fill it, and put the screen back? Do you also fill the cyclone bowl? My temperature ranges anywhere from 374F to 455F (trying to vape the most out of my bud). What temps do you use? Thanks!
Dear GetHighLikePlanes,

Try using a lower temperature setting. I find 170 to be optimal. With lower temperatures you minimize the risk of vaporizing things aside from the sweet, sweet THC.

StickyStank,

vape4life

Banned for life
I've had the Q for a couple of weeks now and sold my Extreme to a friend. At this point I kind of regret it. I'm not sure how you could possibly get any vapour at 170C??? Or even at 190C? I found that with the old Extreme i'd use between 190C and about 210C MAX. Now with the new Q, I start somewhere at about 215C and go up to about 235C, but STILL my herbs have tonnes of green in them.

I found with the Extreme, I would get tonnes of vapour until the point where you just KNEW the herbs were spent...nice and browned. With the Q, I can't get to that point even with the temp cranked up. There is always some green mixed with light brown and I feel like i'm wasting.

Is the fan slower than the Extreme? Seems like it, although it is MUCH quieter forsure.

So far i'm dissappointed, but will allow a bit more time to hear of others experiences before I sell this thing and revert back to the old Extreme.

vape4life,

hereatlast

Too bad to hear vape4life, have you followed the same routine with the Q as with your Extreme?

I've got a v3 (less than a month ago) and was slightly disappointed at the timing. Nonetheless I'm really happy with the unit and really have no intentions replacing it. The Q, for me, more than anything reconfirms Arizer's commitment to their product, if my v3 dies out, its nice to know they're still tweaking when I come back to buy another. In this way my biggest question, other than aesthetics and and what seem to be small digital tweaks (I know these small changes can take work though), is does the Q perform better than the Extreme?

Rocket, as long as you have them side by side I'd be curious to know if their heat-up times are consistent. Or does one benefit more from a long warm-up? I'm just wondering if the actual function of vaporizing bud has gotten better, or changed for that matter.

hereatlast,
Top Bottom