The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Rocket J Squirrel

Can anyone give a newbie a hand? I posted this yesterday:

I need help with glassware terminology.

The cyclone bowl part has females on both ends. These are called _____ ?

The male end of the elbow (plugs into the cyclone bowl) is called _____ ?

I know they are standard fittings, I just don't know what they are called and what size they are.

Rocket J Squirrel,

Rocket J Squirrel

Just "joints," eh?

That's pretty boring. I was hoping for something a lot more scientific-sounding. :p

(Thanks)

The males and female joints on the Extreme are 18mm?

Rocket J Squirrel,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
it is kind of scientific. It is a Joint like an elbow or knee joint, not a MJ joint. It's where the glass pieces join. More of an anatomy reference.
I think the names for scientific glass are funny. Most are named after the person who invented it.

DevoTheStrange,

TigerLord

Alias for BradyY
Hi guys!

First post here. I received my Extreme Q yesterday, it is my first vaporizer ever. I do own a Hookah (that was more expansive than the vaporizer and never used to smoke cannabis) but otherwise had only smoked in a bong in the past.

I read up a lot before choosing that one. I find it esthetically pleasing, at least, much more so than the volcano in my opinion. The lighting and LCD give it a modern feel, you could let it sit on a shelf and no one would think it's used to smoke pot.

I tried two bowls yesterday (had never heard of the elbow packing method before) about1/3 inch up to the black tape. I tried temps from 175-215 and found 195 to give an OK vapor, though since I'm used to thick clouds like in a hookah or even smoke from a joint, it was weird.

The thing I found the weirdest is you don't feel the vapor coming in, and then it hits you in the face. I got definitely high, but I only smoke once or twice a week at the very most, and can go on without smoking for 2-3 weeks at times...

My pet peeve is with the fan... even at speed 3 I can barely feel any air coming out of the whip. I wrote to Arizer and they say it's perfectly normal, but I find that very weird. Also, the small balloon whip arrived broken, and already this morning Arizer had shipped a new one for me.

So far can't say anything against the customer service.

TigerLord,

Konrad_Zuse

Try packing the cyclone bowl down tight, or putting it into the elbow. By doing this you will get nice vapor. I would also start higher than 175, try 185-190.

Konrad_Zuse,

vape4life

Banned for life
Sounds like your Q is right inline with mine in regard to temperature. Yeah you probably won't get much at 175 except the thinnest of thin vapours (almost pointless, but to each their own). 195 is a good start and I personally start around there or 200 and then have to up the temp up to 210,220, and rarely 230. If you want THICK vapour, then pack your bowl and/or crank up the temp!

You will find your lungs thanking you for making the switch from the bong! Ofcourse, you are a very light user so maybe you won't notice as much as a daily user but when I used bongs exclusively i'd get a chronic cough. Every since switching to the vape, it's gone! Nevermind all the gross tar in the bong!

With regard to the fan, it is normal. The Extreme was the same way. If you wanna SEE the airflow then just hold the mouthpiece of the whip up to a light on any of the 3 fan speeds and you will actually see the steady stream of vapour so you KNOW the fan is actually moving air. Not to mention how effectively and efficiently it fills ballons ;-) Apparently it's also a stronger fan than the Extreme (although not quicker). Where the Extreme could possibly struggle with sticky bags, the Q just plows through them.

Enjoy your Q!

TigerLord said:
Hi guys!

First post here. I received my Extreme Q yesterday, it is my first vaporizer ever. I do own a Hookah (that was more expansive than the vaporizer and never used to smoke cannabis) but otherwise had only smoked in a bong in the past.

I read up a lot before choosing that one. I find it esthetically pleasing, at least, much more so than the volcano in my opinion. The lighting and LCD give it a modern feel, you could let it sit on a shelf and no one would think it's used to smoke pot.

I tried two bowls yesterday (had never heard of the elbow packing method before) about1/3 inch up to the black tape. I tried temps from 175-215 and found 195 to give an OK vapor, though since I'm used to thick clouds like in a hookah or even smoke from a joint, it was weird.

The thing I found the weirdest is you don't feel the vapor coming in, and then it hits you in the face. I got definitely high, but I only smoke once or twice a week at the very most, and can go on without smoking for 2-3 weeks at times...

My pet peeve is with the fan... even at speed 3 I can barely feel any air coming out of the whip. I wrote to Arizer and they say it's perfectly normal, but I find that very weird. Also, the small balloon whip arrived broken, and already this morning Arizer had shipped a new one for me.

So far can't say anything against the customer service.

vape4life,

vape4life

Banned for life
Nice tip, never even have thought of that because I thought the entire principle was to loosely pack the bowl for the cyclone/tornado effect. I'll have to give that a try.

Konrad_Zuse said:
Try packing the cyclone bowl down tight, or putting it into the elbow. By doing this you will get nice vapor. I would also start higher than 175, try 185-190.

vape4life,

vape4life

Banned for life
There is nothing I like better on the Ex compared to the Q except for one thing -- the screen! I really miss the timer! There are a few more things that I like better in the Ex screen than the Q, but in the end they are all minor.

With more use i'm definitely noticing a huge difference using the whip between the Ex and Q. Just can't seem to brown the herbs with the Q as well as the EX, but the vapour lasts longer. I find that I actually NEVER cough with the Q...although I sure did with the EX. I guess that's even consistent vapour!

vape4life,

Raf007

Retailer
@ Vape4life
Yes, because of the whip, and the noise.
And also to see if I can find one more efficient with stronger hits.

About those 5 min, it used to last a few minutes or so when I was just taking huge puffs, but i noticed that by taking small one and keeping them before exhaling I'm getting more high and those 0.5g last way longer. And also starting with lower temps, so more taste, and more balloons.
And more high.

+1 the high and the comedown way more cleaner, and some time I just forget that I have a loaded balloon on top of the Cano.
Then I see that little surprise waiting for me :D

Raf007,

vape4life

Banned for life
I've read somewhere that with vaporizing you want to do exactly that. Better to take smaller hits and hold them in longer instead of massive hits as you are wasting much. I'm not sure if this has been discuessed in the other Extreme threads (I have no read them yet) but since two bags come with these products what I have been doing when blowing bags is vapour recycling! I'd blow a bag full or pretty thick vapour, inhale, and then exhale into an empty bag. Soon i'd have that 2nd bag full of 2nd hand vapour from my lungs and i'd hit that. VERY vaped. lol and little to no waste!

anyone else use this method?

Raf007 said:
@ Vape4life
Yes, because of the whip, and the noise.
And also to see if I can find one more efficient with stronger hits.

About those 5 min, it used to last a few minutes or so when I was just taking huge puffs, but i noticed that by taking small one and keeping them before exhaling I'm getting more high and those 0.5g last way longer. And also starting with lower temps, so more taste, and more balloons.
And more high.

+1 the high and the comedown way more cleaner, and some time I just forget that I have a loaded balloon on top of the Cano.
Then I see that little surprise waiting for me :D

vape4life,

hereatlast

That recycled bag method was discussed in one of the prior Extreme threads. I've never tried it myself, I don't think I'd like the taste; I'm a little skeptical as well of the THC capabilities of the recycled vapor.

If I remember much of this conversation in the other thread surround safety issues, namely does blowing back into the bag produce an unsafe level of CO2 to then re-inhale; I think the consensus was that extra CO2 wouldn't be dangerous, but I don't think much was said about the vapor itself. Wouldn't the first inhale extract the vapor's THC in the lungs? I'm curious if that recycled vapor could really get you higher...

hereatlast,

lwien

hereatlast said:
Wouldn't the first inhale extract the vapor's THC in the lungs? I'm curious if that recycled vapor could really get you higher...
I guess the question really is, what is in the vapor? If it's composed of all the goodies that you want, than anything that is exhaled is a waste, right? Unless of course, you recycle what you exhaled, that is, if you exhaled anything after your first hit.

lwien,

TigerLord

Alias for BradyY
Hey guys.

I followed your instructions and packed the elbow tightly... it took some effort because it goes against all bowl packing techniques I've taken months to master, whether it's my hookah bowl (which is quite an art if you want to pack it correctly) or bong bowl...

I got nice hits, total body lock later. What I love the most is that my bowl can last 2 hours if I smoke it slowly... whereas a joint will burn in a few minutes, nevermind the nasty smoke that hangs around the room.

I also never liked the smell of burned cannabis, but the smell and taste of vaporized cannabis is WONDERFUL! It's almost like a perfume, the after-odor in the room is almost non existent, but it's there and subtle.

Nice to know my fan is working as intended.

All-in-all, I am extremely overjoyed with the product!

TigerLord,

vape4life

Banned for life
I can assure you it does get you higher ;-) The taste is not as good as the initial bag, but still very palatable. I've tasted FAR worse when I use a whip and hit a bowl that's been already spent, or vaping vaped herbs.

There is no way for all that vapour in a lung full to get into your blood stream, and it's VAPOUR, not smoke.

Thanks for the heads up on the thread...i'll take a look.

hereatlast said:
That recycled bag method was discussed in one of the prior Extreme threads. I've never tried it myself, I don't think I'd like the taste; I'm a little skeptical as well of the THC capabilities of the recycled vapor.

If I remember much of this conversation in the other thread surround safety issues, namely does blowing back into the bag produce an unsafe level of CO2 to then re-inhale; I think the consensus was that extra CO2 wouldn't be dangerous, but I don't think much was said about the vapor itself. Wouldn't the first inhale extract the vapor's THC in the lungs? I'm curious if that recycled vapor could really get you higher...

vape4life,

Konrad_Zuse

Damn I'm sad about this, I really want the Q now, I just got my Extreme 3 weeks ago :(.

I mean I really cannot complain about my E, but since this came out I'm a little annoyed :(. The video is great though, hopefully one day I'll get it, probably when I need a replacement heater or something, since the E is probably going to be discontinued :).

Konrad_Zuse,

Raf007

Retailer
Yes, it was previously discussed, and since that thread I am exhaling back in the bag when I take huge puffs. The taste changes a bit but no too much. And if you do that like 6 times in the same ballon, the taste is not so good but still ok.

Raf007,

Konrad_Zuse

vape4life said:
There is nothing I like better on the Ex compared to the Q except for one thing -- the screen! I really miss the timer! There are a few more things that I like better in the Ex screen than the Q, but in the end they are all minor.

With more use i'm definitely noticing a huge difference using the whip between the Ex and Q. Just can't seem to brown the herbs with the Q as well as the EX, but the vapour lasts longer. I find that I actually NEVER cough with the Q...although I sure did with the EX. I guess that's even consistent vapour!
Maybe you get stronger hits with the E? But yeah I never thought of the "Cyclone bowl" as a "Cyclone" lol. I always packed it down, my friend has a vapor bros, and it works like that too. So packing it down is really good. I usally pack the elbow if I have very little, and I get massive hits :). Set at 190 and start it up!!

Konrad_Zuse,

jofroxp

Might be the wrong thread, and if so, I am sorry. But I've looked around K.J. Rockwise, and then ebay, and saw that the cheapest one selling are those on auction, or buy it now at 240$ shipped, which practically beats any deal really at the moment....I dang sure would get it, but I'm waiting for a deal on a surfer...

jofroxp,

vape4life

Banned for life
Ya that's what i'm thinking...definitely stronger hits with the E. With the Q, if I don't let it perculate for 5+ mins I get almost NO vapour at all...and i mean at 230C. Once it is perculated, it's fine and delivers good vapour but never enough to brown the herbs like my E did. In fact, the best i've been able to do is almost like a yellowish colour because there is still some green left.

I really regret selling my E so fast. Should of kept it for at least a backup in case I have to send this one back to Arizer (although i'm confident that it's working the way it is supposed to).

Konrad_Zuse said:
vape4life said:

Maybe you get stronger hits with the E? But yeah I never thought of the "Cyclone bowl" as a "Cyclone" lol. I always packed it down, my friend has a vapor bros, and it works like that too. So packing it down is really good. I usally pack the elbow if I have very little, and I get massive hits :). Set at 190 and start it up!!

vape4life,

Konrad_Zuse

vape4life said:
Ya that's what i'm thinking...definitely stronger hits with the E. With the Q, if I don't let it perculate for 5+ mins I get almost NO vapour at all...and i mean at 230C. Once it is perculated, it's fine and delivers good vapour but never enough to brown the herbs like my E did. In fact, the best i've been able to do is almost like a yellowish colour because there is still some green left.

I really regret selling my E so fast. Should of kept it for at least a backup in case I have to send this one back to Arizer (although i'm confident that it's working the way it is supposed to).

Konrad_Zuse said:
vape4life said:

Idk man, I'm pretty sure this uses the same heating element or a better one. Maybe you have a malfunctioned unit?

Konrad_Zuse,
Top Bottom