Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

~vapeslut.xo~

So, I'm in on this front as well. Got mine a week or so ago, had the same issue with banged around in transit. I used the video linked above and it helped me not only to put it together but also to understand the process better. I feel much more comfortable and safe having put it together myself (I have zero safety concerns now) and seeing how solid it really is. Makes me wonder what the hell the USPS did to it in transit lol.

So, here's my honest review so far:

1) Best flavor I've had from a vaporizer, period. This is with the glass screen bowl (see below), through glass; I had some quality GG4 that I never realized why people talk about the *flavor* of it so much... now I understand
1.5) The glass screen bowl, like every other glass screen bowl, doesn't actually work for me. I'm sure some weed gurus out there know how to use these glass screen bowls everybody wants, but I don't. And I've tried several. However, found an old DBV setup video showing how to put a screen upside down in a glass wand desktop vape, and I've turned all my convection vape screens upside down and never looking back (works a treat in the Runt, the DiTanium glass wand, and the Elev8r)
2) Heat up time is about the same as my DiTanium, the Errlectric stand is borderline worse than just leaving it on the table imo (next upgrade for me for sure)
3) Steampunk AF
4) Best flavor, did I mention that? I've been running mine at or below 500F consistently, taken it down all the way to 460 and just getting flavor after flavorful hit...amazing
5) Does not put out the clouds like the DiTanium: not sure why or if I just need to keep working on my technique, but I still find myself defaulting to the DT and glass wand for heavy medication sessions (and not just enjoying some really tasty flower)
6) Overall: 9/10, and it's probably a 10/10 and I haven't figured it out yet.

Basically tied for me with the modded DiTanium, which was my "perfect vape" until day three with the DC Elev8r. Now I've got two number 1s for slightly different reasons. Also, I love convection (my other daily driver is a Sticky Brick haha).
very cool! so we are almost in exact same boat, I have an Elev8r and a Sticky OG!
no Ditanium here though :( i would love to hear your opinion on the Ditanium compared to the other two!

~vapeslut.xo~,

DRCousCous

Well-Known Newb
very cool! so we are almost in exact same boat, I have an Elev8r and a Sticky OG!
no Ditanium here though :( i would love to hear your opinion on the Ditanium compared to the other two!

For me, they are all basically different versions of the same convection type vaporizer:

DiTanium: an excellent out of the box desktop that can do dry herb and concentrates really well; best suited to attaching to a water pipe through the whip it ships with, although some maniacs hit it dry through a sherlock or something; it is really elegant, and I will leave it on all day and hit it when I need to, as it's safe and doesn't draw a ton of power at the wall; when modified, it's the heaviest hitter I've encountered (see the DiTanium thread for a lot of methods, variations, and results); I use mine exclusively for heavy medication

DC-Elev8r: already said it above; I'm in love with the flavor! Hook it up to a dry, clean water piece at around 475F and just beautiful flavors...

Sticky Brick: portable, smaller-bowled version of the above; I love mine, I use it when I'm visiting with friends or family and can't lug my chemistry set and plug-ins along; dry has excellent flavor with technique, and can really pull nice hits through water

Anyways, for me they are all really solid, American made vapes. Sticky Brick will always be my favorite, as it's made down the road from where I grew up from local wood from my favorite tree. Can't beat that. But, I use my DiTanium and a DTv4 BB setup with concentrates to get the work done.

DRCousCous,

~vapeslut.xo~

For me, they are all basically different versions of the same convection type vaporizer:

DiTanium: an excellent out of the box desktop that can do dry herb and concentrates really well; best suited to attaching to a water pipe through the whip it ships with, although some maniacs hit it dry through a sherlock or something; it is really elegant, and I will leave it on all day and hit it when I need to, as it's safe and doesn't draw a ton of power at the wall; when modified, it's the heaviest hitter I've encountered (see the DiTanium thread for a lot of methods, variations, and results); I use mine exclusively for heavy medication

DC-Elev8r: already said it above; I'm in love with the flavor! Hook it up to a dry, clean water piece at around 475F and just beautiful flavors...

Sticky Brick: portable, smaller-bowled version of the above; I love mine, I use it when I'm visiting with friends or family and can't lug my chemistry set and plug-ins along; dry has excellent flavor with technique, and can really pull nice hits through water

Anyways, for me they are all really solid, American made vapes. Sticky Brick will always be my favorite, as it's made down the road from where I grew up from local wood from my favorite tree. Can't beat that. But, I use my DiTanium and a DTv4 BB setup with concentrates to get the work done.
wow! very cool again ;) i wish i had a favorite tree lmao!
the DiTanium looks really awesome, my "inner interior designer" would love to put it on my coffee table...lol

yes, thru a water piece is the only way to use the Elev8r :) for me
i tried on my j-hook and it was way too hot, yowch
but the flavor through my Mega Globe is also AMAZING...

i love how the Elev8r and the Sticky Brick taste equally as good, but different character.
the Brick has the woody full smoke...
the Elev8r gives you "premium" cooled-flavor!

~vapeslut.xo~

wow! very cool again ;) i wish i had a favorite tree lmao!
the DiTanium looks really awesome, my "inner interior designer" would love to put it on my coffee table...lol

yes, thru a water piece is the only way to use the Elev8r :) for me
i tried on my j-hook and it was way too hot, yowch
but the flavor through my Mega Globe is also AMAZING...

i love how the Elev8r and the Sticky Brick taste equally as good, but different character.
the Brick has the woody full smoke...
the Elev8r gives you "premium" cooled-flavor!

the Elev8r is quickly becoming my favorite piece!!
i am getting more comfortable handling it, thus it doesn't seem like a chore ;)
it remains very tasty through my Mega Globe. i filled it with WARM water this time
and the results were incredible, almost too smooth! i almost couldn't tell i inhaled.

i had thought the Elev8r would make me burn through my weed but it seems i can get
higher off of one bowl for longer! the Sticky Brick was handy when my friend came by
and she couldn't use the Elev8r properly :)anyway, if i smoke from mySticky it is usually back-to-back
bowls...so thats why its saving weed :)

i am still reading through this massive thread! i aim to finish this and then read
the Sticky Brick thread.

having the torch version of the Elev8r makes me wonder very much what the e-nail
is like...

howie105

I ground the flavor disk down, it reduces the bowl depth to 3/4"and now I am fishing around in the 430 to 470 range looking for what works best for me. Any insights would be appreciated.

pinetrrizzle

fwiw:
i have the dc with rubies and danced around for a bit, started at 500f with 0.1 g packs, went down to 400 in 10f intervals. combusted at 500, 490, 480, and almost 470 with my intake style. i put a screen inside the glass bowl on top of the intake holes to help with cleanliness, but that's the only change beyond stock.

i've landed at 430f (at least for now). finishes 0.05 g up to 0.25 in 1-3 pulls. i've not combusted yet at this temp but am constantly surprised it doesn't happen... basically pulling as hard as possible, feels like little to no resistance in a 9" bubbler. i do stir after each pull, and the abv is a dark, even brown. the taste is phenomenal on the first pull - best i've ever experienced. probably the best vape i've been lucky enough to try so far. i just wish there was a better stand/safety factor.

howie105

fwiw:
i have the dc with rubies and danced around for a bit, started at 500f with 0.1 g packs, went down to 400 in 10f intervals. combusted at 500, 490, 480, and almost 470 with my intake style. i put a screen inside the glass bowl on top of the intake holes to help with cleanliness, but that's the only change beyond stock.

i've landed at 430f (at least for now). finishes 0.05 g up to 0.25 in 1-3 pulls. i've not combusted yet at this temp but am constantly surprised it doesn't happen... basically pulling as hard as possible, feels like little to no resistance in a 9" bubbler. i do stir after each pull, and the abv is a dark, even brown. the taste is phenomenal on the first pull - best i've ever experienced. probably the best vape i've been lucky enough to try so far. i just wish there was a better stand/safety factor.

Thanks for the help, good info. Now, back to the bench.

KindBuddyBud

To be clear. I am not anti e nail. I would LOVE to have a setup like that. It's just my living situation doesn't support it right now.

I love when people mod and innovate a product. I have been know to mix things up myself. Example here.

Fkee6YH.jpg

This is how I've been using my Elev8r.

Still has a glass on glass connection for water but a bit nicer looking in my opinion.

Has a built in screen (possiblity larger herb chamber) and feel more like one solid piece which makes going from dry to water seamless. I like taking the first couple draws dry and then go thru water to finish it off.
I know this is an older post but, I just ordered an elev8r and wanted a setup like this but I chickened out at the last minute. My question to the FC crew is, is this setup still viable? The elev8r kit (wand, wpa) is in the mail, all I would need to replicate @Other Side(s) setup is the switchball fatty wand ( https://www.elev8glassgallery.com/ssv-19mm-female-switchball-fatty-wands/ ) and some screens? What size screens?

howie105

I switched the burro ball out of my coiled ELEV8R for some titanium ones and, given the small ovens (.1 g) I ran through the vape, I found that it really helps smooth out the temperature over and under runs I was getting from the PID using the burro ones. What I also noticed that I was able to get acceptable vapor production at a lower temperature (down to 410) settings. Ddave sent an info page with the order and I have to admit I was skeptical about what I read, but the titanium balls seem to be working.

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

I switched the burro ball out of my coiled ELEV8R for some titanium ones and, given the small ovens (.1 g) I ran through the vape, I found that it really helps smooth out the temperature over and under runs I was getting from the PID using the burro ones. What I also noticed that I was able to get acceptable vapor production at a lower temperature (down to 410) settings. Ddave sent an info page with the order and I have to admit I was skeptical about what I read, but the titanium balls seem to be working.
Do you find the taste is different at all?

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: arb

~vapeslut.xo~

The ELEV8R is really amazing. So here is my story from the other thread.

After edibles and back to back log hits and still feeling unsatisfied, earlier in the day...
...i finally said "what the heck, let's pull out the ELEV8R and make it special!"

Well let me tell you. That sexy glass gal made it special alright. She gets me somewhere none of these other vapes can!
Every time.

So why don't I use it more? Because it's the Torch version :(
I MUST obtain the desktop setup for this!!
The ELEV8R is just DOPE or SICK AF... as my younger cousins would say LMAO :)

PS To not make a totally duplicate post i will talk about the Elev8r and what i do.
I set a timer for 60s on Google.
Light with the Big Buddy torch for...30-35 sec.
Oh the torch is on almost-full flame by the way. (I used to use less flame and it would take longer)

I assume you're supposed to stop when the glass above the frosted part you hold (if you were holding the Elev8r)
gets a bit hot. Or a bit after that. I dunno actually LMAO.

After that i insert into my j-hook or mega globe and inhale!
i have been experimenting with inhale speeds. I have by no means mastered that part, in fact i could use practice.

So my first gripe i have is having to shake the herb!
My second gripe is having to wait until it cools before reloading. ALTHOUGH! I do not normally NEED to reload!...I am only anticipating it in the future...because i reload all my other vapes. Usually a few bowls minimum. But the Elev8r hits hard.

I hope it continues!

EDIT oh yes. After my second bowl in the Elev8r, its hard tot ype and i find myself lost in the music.
Was supposed to get up about 15 minutes ago, i think...
:smug:
to make the butter
Or ABV stuff

Last edited:

Consolidated21

Mediterranean
20210425-225038.jpg

I am looking for at least some consistency in the results and not once higher temperatures and next time lower than required.
Having the tendency for "clouds" many times I burned my herb.
So every time with elev8r, I have the smartphone setting on timer ... side by side.
And I know with my torch, from cold, I want 21 seconds to pull, and after using the tweezers - to lift the heater and stir - then I want 19-20 seconds for the next pull..
@~vapeslut.xo~ I hope you find what you are looking for.
Cheers Conso.

Lokbok

The ELEV8R is really amazing. So here is my story from the other thread.

After edibles and back to back log hits and still feeling unsatisfied, earlier in the day...
...i finally said "what the heck, let's pull out the ELEV8R and make it special!"

Well let me tell you. That sexy glass gal made it special alright. She gets me somewhere none of these other vapes can!
Every time.

So why don't I use it more? Because it's the Torch version :(
I MUST obtain the desktop setup for this!!
The ELEV8R is just DOPE or SICK AF... as my younger cousins would say LMAO :)

PS To not make a totally duplicate post i will talk about the Elev8r and what i do.
I set a timer for 60s on Google.
Light with the Big Buddy torch for...30-35 sec.
Oh the torch is on almost-full flame by the way. (I used to use less flame and it would take longer)

I assume you're supposed to stop when the glass above the frosted part you hold (if you were holding the Elev8r)
gets a bit hot. Or a bit after that. I dunno actually LMAO.

After that i insert into my j-hook or mega globe and inhale!
i have been experimenting with inhale speeds. I have by no means mastered that part, in fact i could use practice.

So my first gripe i have is having to shake the herb!
My second gripe is having to wait until it cools before reloading. ALTHOUGH! I do not normally NEED to reload!...I am only anticipating it in the future...because i reload all my other vapes. Usually a few bowls minimum. But the Elev8r hits hard.

I hope it continues!

EDIT oh yes. After my second bowl in the Elev8r, its hard tot ype and i find myself lost in the music.
Was supposed to get up about 15 minutes ago, i think...
:smug:
to make the butter
Or ABV stuff

Yea, I'm quickly finding the Elev8r my favorite vape. Been using it since getting it around end of April (420 sales). I initially got the rig setup just to test out the unit. Loved it so much that I got the wand for it too and actually prefer it over the rig on glass (way easier to shake, super handy).

My only gripe is the same as you, the torch. I'm no stranger to torches as I've been using butane vapes since VaporGenies (as well as owning DynaVaps, Sticky Bricks, etc.), but the initial heat up on this is on another level. It's not something I can just comfortably use in my room if my wife is sleeping.

Really reluctant to get a coil setup because I don't like losing the handiness of not being tied by cords, but also I do 99% of my vaping at my desk which I'm limited with space. Between work stuff and my other vape equipment, really don't have space to set up a clear space for everything and also have enough clearance away from piping hot metal+glass.

I recently noticed people using the Ispire Wand as an induction heater for the Dynavap. I'm curious if there's a way to pair that up with the Elev8r. I haven't dug in deeper, but on the surface level it does seem like they have a glass bowl thats lined with metal so that the induction heater can actually heat it up (normally its used for dabs). That's the part I'm most curious about and if anyone else has explored this avenue, I'd love to hear.

Lokbok,

androponic

vaped.
Yea, I'm quickly finding the Elev8r my favorite vape. Been using it since getting it around end of April (420 sales). I initially got the rig setup just to test out the unit. Loved it so much that I got the wand for it too and actually prefer it over the rig on glass (way easier to shake, super handy).

My only gripe is the same as you, the torch. I'm no stranger to torches as I've been using butane vapes since VaporGenies (as well as owning DynaVaps, Sticky Bricks, etc.), but the initial heat up on this is on another level. It's not something I can just comfortably use in my room if my wife is sleeping.

Really reluctant to get a coil setup because I don't like losing the handiness of not being tied by cords, but also I do 99% of my vaping at my desk which I'm limited with space. Between work stuff and my other vape equipment, really don't have space to set up a clear space for everything and also have enough clearance away from piping hot metal+glass.

I recently noticed people using the Ispire Wand as an induction heater for the Dynavap. I'm curious if there's a way to pair that up with the Elev8r. I haven't dug in deeper, but on the surface level it does seem like they have a glass bowl thats lined with metal so that the induction heater can actually heat it up (normally its used for dabs). That's the part I'm most curious about and if anyone else has explored this avenue, I'd love to hear.
get the 3mm titanium balls from @DDave
to put in that elev8r and induction will heat them but i dont think its been tried yet. Someone really should!

jedge

Hi for me with this
I count twenty for the first heat, and take 2 puff,for the rest of my session i count ten and have a good amount of vapor and flavor. It's clear that is not a discret vape and it's something i use when i'm alone in my private place.
I like it for taste and clouds and i'm impressed with its results
Cordially

KindBuddyBud

Dammit man, I came here to ask about torches. I have this (Amazon blue sky torch), I was thinking about this (Zico quad flame torch) for a somewhat portable setup. Does this quad flame torch have enough umph to heat the heater in about thirty seconds?

Now thanks to this:
get the 3mm titanium balls from @DDave
to put in that elev8r and induction will heat them but i dont think its been tried yet. Someone really should!
My mind is blown (thank you Lokbok, androponic and sticky brick) but now, out of nowhere, titanium balls and an ispire induction heater for the elev8r? I just got my Dynatec Orion. WTF VAS IS REAL! Anyone in the market for a pipes portside mini? Idk if I can part with my caldron.

KindBuddyBud,
Reactions: Lokbok

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
I know this is an older post but, I just ordered an elev8r and wanted a setup like this but I chickened out at the last minute. My question to the FC crew is, is this setup still viable? The elev8r kit (wand, wpa) is in the mail, all I would need to replicate @Other Side(s) setup is the switchball fatty wand ( https://www.elev8glassgallery.com/ssv-19mm-female-switchball-fatty-wands/ ) and some screens? What size screens?
Yes, that is actually my personal account prior to VGoodiez. I have some of the wands I could sell you. They just are not listed, so to answer your question, yes you can still get this.

KindBuddyBud

Yes, that is actually my personal account prior to VGoodiez. I have some of the wands I could sell you. They just are not listed, so to answer your question, yes you can still get this.
Good to know, I took a leap of faith and ordered the fatty wand. I'm sure I'll find a reason to get another heater and sick clip, so you'll be my first go-to when I need a wand. Thanks.

Cervical CBD

Finally got it figured out and prefer it with water. 2 days in and I dropped it and broke the quartz heater! $65 for an all new rig kit seems like a lot…

Cervical CBD,

sizzlewizzle

Any tips to keep the bowl cool? After using mine, the heat gets down into the bowl and it gets too hot to touch.

sizzlewizzle,
Top Bottom