I honestly question that myself and is why i said make sure to clean with iso after. I would probably clean 2-5 times with iso if i had to use a magic eraser, But like i said i personally have no experience doing this just iso.

What if I used a Magic Eraser then iso then burn off like 2 sessions on red. that should get rid of everything right?

brokecollegekid,
Reactions: OF

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
You basically just need to keep the stems clean. If you clean the actual heater area be careful. I sometimes will use a tooth pick to clean around and make sure the holes aren't plugged up.

You wouldn't want any bits of the magic eraser to get into those tiny holes in the heater area. Those can plug up easily. I wouldn't even try to open anything up. You could do damage to your unit.

OF

What if I used a Magic Eraser then iso then burn off like 2 sessions on red. that should get rid of everything right?

I seriously doubt it. How did you plan to deal with debris that goes down the holes? ISO is unlikely to dissolve anything.

You get to decide if the swarf from the Magic Eraser is benign, but for the purists it's sure to be there in some quantity once you put it in. Wiping the surface and heat are not going to fix that I think?

The best plan is, of course not to neglect things. Much easier to keep it clean routinely? If I was faced by a seriously fouled unit (like I got back on a Solo I loaned out that 'made the rounds') I'd go with steel wool which has known (basically non existent) health concerns here. I had some 0000 Stainless steel and used that but normal carbon steel wool in that grade should work fine, I'd use it if I didn't have the SS. Be sure to wash it first, it's got oil in it from the package (even SS did).

Your call, but if you want to avoid unknowns, this is one to avoid IMO.

OF

sickmanfraud

I see where a few pages back people were asking about where to buy from...

Planetvape has been unable to take credit cards or Paypal for about 2 weeks.

Unless you are shopping with Bitcoin you are out of luck.

GetLeft

Not an fc-affiliated merchant, but the place I got mine (allstarvape.com) has the AA for 149. That´s what I paid a year ago. The little guy's holding its value well.

fwiw they treated me well at customer service. Didn't need returns or anything but had loads of questions and they took care of them.

GetLeft,

Jsmith7326

I see where a few pages back people were asking about where to buy from...

Planetvape has been unable to take credit cards or Paypal for about 2 weeks.

Unless you are shopping with Bitcoin you are out of luck.

thats unfortunate... i ordered stems as recently as last month w paypal

Jsmith7326,

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Got a hyratube for use with the AA

not too impressed with it so far. Nice novelty piece, and if I find a good case, it might make for water filtration on the road... but I'm kinda meh about it.

Not regretting the purchase, as for $15 bux it's totally worth it... I'm less inclined to pop for a little J-hook now though. It's inexpensive so I probably will eventually. I'm thinking it'll just sit in a cupboard though.

beiberhole69,

Hwy420

I finally bought my Arizer Air! I like it so far. Waaaaaay better than the MFLB.

I paid CAD $200 to a Toronto-based store and got a Zeus Bolt grinder as a bonus. I had a cheap three chamber piece of shit before that, and I didn't realize that grinders are so different! Zeus Bolt is really cool, I'll never go back to cheap grinders.

I'll try to share my impressions later, but on the whole that vape is great, it does its work just fine (I had some issues with my previous vapourizer, and those problems are gone now that I have my AA).

On the downside, the Air may burn herb a little if you vape it too long. Perhaps I need to work on my vaping technique. Anyway, although I bought it a couple of weeks ago, it's a great 4/20 present I've made to myself!

Last edited:

J_Appleweed

Hello all, I have spent a lot of time looking for an answer to a questions regarding the charging and discharging of the battery for the air and I haven't found anything. If I am asking an already answered question I apologize in advance. Anyway I got my AA back in December and have succeded in killing both batteries to the point neither will charge to the point they can be used. They claim the unit can be used when it's plugged in but it seems to me that only hastened the death of the batteries. I just ordered an new one from Arizer and would love some advice on how not to do it again.

OF

Hello all, I have spent a lot of time looking for an answer to a questions regarding the charging and discharging of the battery for the air and I haven't found anything.

We've been through this a lot, funny you couldn't find anything. Here's a few of the times I've posted on the topic in this thread lately:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-arizer-air.16415/page-325#post-910657
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-arizer-air.16415/page-240#post-824012
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-arizer-air.16415/page-238#post-822737
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-arizer-air.16415/page-226#post-811191
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-arizer-air.16415/page-212#post-795436
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-arizer-air.16415/page-125#post-742053
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-arizer-air.16415/page-57#post-709034

In general, overcharge the first time, stop short of full after that for maximum battery life. Don't 'crash' them into the limit, keep them cool, don't 'use while charging' (it's harder on the battery than doing one then the other) and never leave it plugged in 'so it'll be fully charged and ready to go.......

You might want to check out what Battery University has to say on the topic as well.

Regards,

OF

lookhigh

FC member
I really take care of all my rechargeable battery's like @OF suggests.
I have no noticeable reduction on run time with my SOLO or AIR so the advice is sound.
Air battery's are cheap so not that much of a worry but still nice to get full lifetime out of them battery's.

J_Appleweed

Thanks to both of you for the help. I'm beginning to think I should have gone with a plug in.

Hey OF, after reading your posts, I have a question about overcharging. When using the Air for charging as I am, from what I have seen, when the battery is completely charged the unit stops charging. How does an overcharge work? Do I need an external charger to do that?

Last edited by a moderator:

OF

When using the Air for charging as I am, from what I have seen, when the battery is completely charged the unit stops charging. How does an overcharge work? Do I need an external charger to do that?

Leave it plugged in after the LED stops flashing, at least 4 hours longer, overnight is better.

Chargers not only recharge following the CC/CV routine but have to sense there's a battery to charge. They do this by trying to charge at a very modest level (called 'detection current' in the trade). This same or similar current is also used to 'unlock' protected batteries that have been to discharged and have gone into self protect mode. The unit has to provide a 'trickle charge' to recharge them enough to unlock the protection PCB and allow normal charging after detection, right?

These two currents (often really only one used twice) aren't strong enough to damage the battery (obviously) but that can ensure that 100% of the available chemicals in the cell are available (otherwise they remain unavailable after the first discharge). This is often called a 'forming charge' in the industry.

If you've discharge the new battery (a heavy discharge, like trying to heat, briefly turning it on without heating might not count) even 'just a little to see how it works or smells or how long it takes to heat up' the opportunity for improving it's performance by overcharging is forever lost. Not to worry, just enjoy what you have.

Such a practice won't give many more 'cycles' (charge/discharge) to the battery life (that's mostly set by temperature and charge start and end levels (and how much time it spends in such conditions). Best results thee come from avoiding/limiting 100% charge levels and never discharging deep enough to 'lock out'. It can, however, add capacity to each cycle. And it's easy enough to do one time? Cheap insurance IMO.

OF

lookhigh

FC member
Thanks to both of you for the help. I'm beginning to think I should have gone with a plug in.
?
The idea with a potable is just that you don't leave it plugged in. You do need more than one battery's for the Air if you plan on using it a few times a day. Most of the regular users have a separate charger and never run out of battery power. A plug in is not my idea of fun as i always move about. One of each seems to be a good compromise. Even better add a SOLO to that line up.

Hwy420

Do you guys think it's ok to use a cheaper spare battery? I think I saw sth at walmart. or would you use an original one for $18? is it safe to save this way?

HAPPY 420 EVERYONE! WEED, LOVE, PEACE & FREEDOM!

Hwy420,

J_Appleweed

Happy 420 everyone!! I really appreciate the advice. Looking back on when first got the Air I may have made the noob mistake of not giving it that initial charge. I'm going to make sure I do with them in the future. I'm still not convinced the Air itself is the best way to charge on an everyday basis. The idea of charging these batteries to 90% with the Air seems like guess work at best.

Lookhigh, I'm almost opposite when it comes to moving around, I don't take it with me anywhere, at least not yet. The basement is about as far as its gone so far. I think I really went with a portable more for the wife, who doesn't partake. She is very accommodating tho:rofl:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon

A powerful desktop makes great company with the Air & will let you mix it up a bit as well. There are many value based options for desktop vaping & the classifieds may have some options for you? That said the best feature of the Air is the fact you can replace the batteries easily & that is where most quality portable vape issues lie.

HomeFree

Do you guys think it's ok to use a cheaper spare battery? I think I saw sth at walmart. or would you use an original one for $18? is it safe to save this way?

HAPPY 420 EVERYONE! WEED, LOVE, PEACE & FREEDOM!

I highly suggest not using a battery from wal mart. It could be disastrous like when some guy put some regular radio shack batteries in his mechanical mod which failed in his face, then tried to sue the manufacturer for his own mistake. Maybe regulated devices are safer but I am not too sure.

I got 2 extra OEM batteries myself for $18 each, and centizen has some aftermarket ones that are cheaper but have good specs. I figure 3 batteries will probably last me a couple of years. Heck, even one battery would probably last me a year. That's about $1.50 per month on batteries. Don't cut corners, you might even destroy your Air let alone have a battery fail next to your face. An air costs a lot more than a $18 battery and so does your well being. The batteries are cheap enough to go OEM in my opinion.

I didn't even know wally world stocked 18650's.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
There was a need and a demand for portables with user replaceable batteries . Arizer came to the rescue a year ago last November, at the time there wasn't as many portables with user replaceable batteries.

A nice sturdy little portable that comes in handy when the need to medicate arises and you are on the go. I would say it would resemble something like an E-cigar. A unit that will last a long time with a lifetime warranty on the heater.

Have fun and be healthier when vaporizing by ditching the combustion.:leaf:

Top Bottom