Zarco

Final question prior to making the purchase. I understand the vape does smell during use, but after say 20 mins, will the oven still smell if covered with the plastic cover?

Zarco,
Reactions: OF

OF

Oh sorry, i totally forgot. Thanks!

Yer welcome, no worries.

The two important points are, I think, there is no 100% unless you take serious efforts, only more or less smell. Secondly, each individuals ability to smell a given level will vary widely and 'partakers' are not going to be in the most sensitive group for the most part. This means others will notice the smell before you do.

OF

MinnBobber

I am writing from Hungary. That's a great forum, with a lot's of great people.
I bought an Air in a grow shop. Do you think I got original? So the counterfeit or clone available just on the Internet or in shops too?
Hi,
does the shop sell other name brand vaporizers, like Mighty, Volcano, 7th floor, miniVAP, etc?
Do they have a website to see if they advertise that all their vapes carry factory warranty?

For absolute answer, Arizer says to email them and ask---give them your dealer store name and maybe address and they should answer.

" If you have any questions about a specific retailer please feel free to inquire by sending us an email to:service@arizer.com, and provide us with a link to the retailer(s) you are considering."

Hopefully your Arizer will be legitimate.
Like others said, you can post pictures here too.
Is your Arizer Air working good for you? The counterfeit ones usually work poorly, smell bad, etc

Good job with your English,
my attempt at Hungarian is much worse! We are coming to Budapest in early May :)
Kerem, busz from Danube to Szechenyi Baths?
Will Szech baths accept Euros??

Isten hozott a this great website.
MinnBobber
Viszontlatasra

Snypie

On the reddit link the side by side pictures helped a lot. The most important parts (the battery caps, the battery and the buttons) are genuine. About the box, one sticker is missing, what says "COUNTRY OF ORIGIN/ASSEMBLY-CANADA...." But this is not essential, as I read. So i calmed down.

There is no factory warranty, the shop provide 1 year warranty and yes they sell other name brand vaporizers.
My Arizer Air is working good, i tried it once. The flavors flascinated me.

I am glad you're coming to our small country ;) I wish you a pleasant stay!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Arizer provides a lifetime warranty on the heater. If any heater problems after a year it might be worth sending it back for warranty to Arizer. They will honor a warranty no matter where you bought your unit.

I don't live in Europe but I know it's a pain in the ass far as shipping is concerned so I don't know if it's useful info or not.

Arizer is a great company that has a very good warranty process. If you have any questions they will answer emails usually within a few days.

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

I am having an issue with my Air.

If the battery is red and sometimes yellow, it does not heat up.

The blinking light says it is heating, but absolutely NO VAPOR.

Turn on Solo (want to charge that Air Battery).

Presto Chango i got vapor.

Anyone else having an issue with a low (ish) battery not heating.

BTW, charged the battery and all is good, but it seems to my non-technical mind that this whole idea of a battery not heating is not normal.

OF

If the battery is red and sometimes yellow, it does not heat up.

The blinking light says it is heating, but absolutely NO VAPOR.

BTW, charged the battery and all is good, but it seems to my non-technical mind that this whole idea of a battery not heating is not normal.

This isn't making sense to me. Please is it not heating up or not heating up enough? Not 'what it says', does it get at least warmer? Two very different cases.......

Normally a discharged battery (low voltage) provides a lot less power since the heater is a fairly fixed resistance the voltage and current both drop so their product (when multiplied together to get power) goes down even more. To make the math easy, let's assume one Ohm? A fresh (4.2 Volt) battery therefore provides 4.2 Amps (4.2/1), or 17,6 Watts. At 3.3 Volts, however, it's now 3.3 Amps for 10.9 Watts, a serious drop in power. 17.6 to 12 Watts. I can see how with say a WPA or Ed's stem could sink more heat out of the load this could be even worse.

This is the sort of problem I'd expect from lesser batteries than the factory one.......this is with the factory battery, right? In any event it might be time for a new battery or more frequent charging?

So, please, is this the original battery (and has it seen a lot of hard service?)? And also please confirm it's in fact heating, just not getting to temperature (that is the light doesn't stop flashing)? Are you using a normal, glass, stem?

TIA

OF

GetLeft

it seems to my non-technical mind that this whole idea of a battery not heating is not normal.

If you're battery is red when you turn on your unit, you may get a session out of it. You may not. I had mine on red the other day and it started to warm but the heat quickly went away, so no vapor. My batteries are getting a little long in the tooth. But even so, red means time to charge more than anything else.

sickmanfraud

Thanks for your help @OF and @GetLeft.

The unit gets warm, but there does not seem to be enough power to actually vape the material.

Once I get no vapor for first 2 hits I realize something is wrong. At that point I turn off The Air, turn on the Solo (Faster heat up time) and change or charge the Air battery.

I have 4 batteries, all from PV or PIU.

sickmanfraud,

OF

The unit gets warm, but there does not seem to be enough power to actually vape the material.

Thanks for the additional information. So it never stops flashing? Another indication of battery (power) issues. The fact that a fresh battery works normally indicates to me there is no problem with the Air.

Sounds like you're pushing your batteries too hard.

OF

HurdyDurpy

Hey, first post on FC, though I've lurked for a while.
I bought an Arizer Air about 3 months ago, and last night, while it was plugged into the charging cable, it stopped registering a charge. The device works just fine, but it does not seem to register when the charging cable is plugged in, or take a charge.

I have three theories:
1. The device itself is having issues with its charging port.
2. The bottom-side green LED light isn't working, and it IS charging. (Not this. Tested it.)
3. The cable itself is broken.

Which of these has been most common with Air devices? (I'm willing to bet that if it has happened to others a lot, that is probably what is going on with mine.)

Edit: I want to thank anyone who helps, ahead of time. So, thank you, FC.

Last edited:

lookhigh

FC member
Not many cases of it here, more than likely the cable.
Try moving the cable very slowly from left to right and keep an eye on the charging light.

lookhigh,

OF

3. The cable itself is broken.

Which of these has been most common with Air devices? (I'm willing to bet that if it has happened to others a lot, that is probably what is going on with mine.)
Try moving the cable very slowly from left to right and keep an eye on the charging light.

I'll second that, a put it a bit more firmly: AFAIK there have been no reported on board charging circuit failures......but plenty of cable/connector failures. Look for the issue right where the cable leaves the connector, it often ends up with a right angle bend there (unlike say Solo).

For now you can just externally charge batteries, but you might order one or the other (or both) of these:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NQCMRJ6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
http://www.ebay.com/itm/cable-USB-4...pply-5V-Tablet-Android-Sony-PSP-/281234981407

This will let you substitute a different charger (to check the factory one) and you'll end up with ability to charge from USB ports in the process.

OF

HurdyDurpy

No such luck

I'll second that, a put it a bit more firmly: AFAIK there have been no reported on board charging circuit failures......but plenty of cable/connector failures. Look for the issue right where the cable leaves the connector, it often ends up with a right angle bend there (unlike say Solo).

For now you can just externally charge batteries, but you might order one or the other (or both) of these:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NQCMRJ6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
http://www.ebay.com/itm/cable-USB-4...pply-5V-Tablet-Android-Sony-PSP-/281234981407

This will let you substitute a different charger (to check the factory one) and you'll end up with ability to charge from USB ports in the process.

OF

Thank you, OF.
Question about these USB cords: Do i need a specific AC/DC wall adapter to plug this cord into? The reason I ask is because I already have another DC cable (labeled 'AWM 300v 24AWG' among other things.) but when plugged into the device, it still does not register. I have tried 4 different outlet/USB adapters (all 5v, one 500mA, two 1000mA, one 1150mA and one 2.0A)

If not, then I guess this DC cable I have isn't compatible with the device, OR, the device's charging port isn't working.

Regardless, I am purchasing the cord off Amazon from the link you sent, and will test it when I get it. Thanks.

EDIT: The DC Cable I tried plugging it into seems to be the correct cable, as the information printed on it matches up with the cord on the Arizer charger.

Last edited:
HurdyDurpy,

OF

Thank you, OF.
Question about these USB cords: Do i need a specific AC/DC wall adapter to plug this cord into? The reason I ask is because I already have another DC cable (labeled 'AWM 300v 24AWG' among other things.) but when plugged into the device, it still does not register. I have tried 4 different outlet/USB adapters (all 5v, one 500mA, two 1000mA, one 1150mA and one 2.0A)

You're welcome, I hope it helps. Strangely the basic connector is pretty common and already used on Solo (at 12VDC however) so Arizer uses a not so common custom connector, longer than most that fit, so you don't pick wrong and shove 12VDC in instead of the five needed (fatal to the Air most likely). Some cables need to be trimmed back like this:
TxZzukM.jpg

The factory one is on top, a similar USB cable in the middle, the modified one at the bottom. The two I listed above 'plug and play' and have been used by lots of folks with good results.

You can plug them into any handy USB port (on your computer, a power bank, cell phone charger, auto adapter, a wall mains adapter and so on).

OF

HurdyDurpy

You're welcome, I hope it helps. Strangely the basic connector is pretty common and already used on Solo (at 12VDC however) so Arizer uses a not so common custom connector, longer than most that fit, so you don't pick wrong and shove 12VDC in instead of the five needed (fatal to the Air most likely). Some cables need to be trimmed back like this:
TxZzukM.jpg

The factory one is on top, a similar USB cable in the middle, the modified one at the bottom. The two I listed above 'plug and play' and have been used by lots of folks with good results.

You can plug them into any handy USB port (on your computer, a power bank, cell phone charger, auto adapter, a wall mains adapter and so on).

OF

Hm, that seems to be the difference in cables. The one I was trying to use had a shorter connector than the OEM charger's cable. I will go searching for another DC cable lying around my house really quickly and get back to you.

So, you're saying I can charge my Air from my computer with one of these cables?

HurdyDurpy

Like @OF said just trim the connector to make it longer.Thats what he does best, simple solution to complicated problems.

Looked in my tech closet and found no other cable. I would do what OF suggested, but it is a cable for a device I use in my workplace, and I shouldn't mess with that stuff. I will try with the cable the OF posted from Amazon.

Thanks, guys. I will update if necessary, or when I get it to work!

OF

Hm, that seems to be the difference in cables. The one I was trying to use had a shorter connector than the OEM charger's cable. I will go searching for another DC cable lying around my house really quickly and get back to you.

So, you're saying I can charge my Air from my computer with one of these cables?

If you're sure it's 5VDC (center positive) you can use a razor blade or utility knife to slice a bit of the rubber off, if you look closely at the photo I posted above that the doughnut I sliced off the bottom one (it was like the center before) using the tape as a guide. I've done this mod several times, once it didn't work but all the rest were overmolded enough to allow trimming.

Just be careful about the voltages and polarity.

And yes, with either of those cables you can plug your air into your computer to charge. Always a nice option. And you can get something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters...uto charger&qid=1460583849&ref_=sr_1_3&sr=8-3

And then you can charge it in your car/boat/RV as well......

OF

Top Bottom