• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

g1zm0

Hey guys I just got a new strain(green crack) a few days ago and I just noticed that my ABV stays kinda light and doesn't get too brown. Its still green and just a little darker. Idk if its the vape or the strain now, so kinda worried.
Im sorry if its a stupid question. I just got soo baked lol
20150116_142815.jpg

g1zm0,

VisiblyVaped

Hey guys I just got a new strain(green crack) a few days ago and I just noticed that my ABV stays kinda light and doesn't get too brown. Its still green and just a little darker. Idk if its the vape or the strain now, so kinda worried.
20150116_142815.jpg

Ive found that strains that aren't quite as dry take longer to brown and thus, can give more draws?

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Yet another shout out to Randy and PuffItUp. Excellent communication, service, selection, and pricing. Plus, of course, his long standing extremely positive reputation around here. His website is always the first place I check. If he doesn't have it he's open to the idea of adding it. And his long time support of this forum and his generous FC discount are a bonus.

~

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Hey there people !
I'm looking to get an Arizer Air, already the proud and happy owner of a Solo, but want the exchangeable battery and ceramic heater.
I see planetvape.ca has it for $198.97 !!
Was waiting for PlanetVape to carry it at a lower price.
Comes with everything it normally comes with from Arizer including warranty.
Any thoughts about getting it from PlanetVape ?
Comments, reviews, shipping wait time to California, and any other info would be appreciated.
I've seen pics here of the air's 'ceramic' heating element, and it doesn't look different than the solo heating chamber to me, from the pics. Any thoughts ?
As always, praises to FC FORUM and ALL it's members !
Have a vapey day.
:leaf::peace::luv::leaf:

Justpassedu

Hmmm, just purchase that and find silicone? Not bad. Thank you
I was thinking about finding something a bit different, I have the DLX tube already with my pinnacle and that'll work as well, so something a bit more intricate maybe

Edit: I was told the Air mouthpiece would even fit in here
http://m.dhgate.com/product/10-arm-perc-and-honey-comb-with-bowl-glass/183729655.html#pd-019
I have a water tube 14mm that i use with my air , the stock stem will fit it but there is not much airflow. So another member here recommended to me to unscrew the black plastic mp , i tried it and it still seals to 14mm pieces , its not 100% but it works well and def get a bit better flow doing it this way. best of luck man your gonna love the Air.

VisiblyVaped

I have a water tube 14mm that i use with my air , the stock stem will fit it but there is not much airflow. So another member here recommended to me to unscrew the black plastic mp , i tried it and it still seals to 14mm pieces , its not 100% but it works well and def get a bit better flow doing it this way. best of luck man your gonna love the Air.

excellent, i'll try my dlx on the first day I bet, hopefully it works until I get the PV gong. I'm looking forward to this vape

It seemed like there was no more visible vapor so i thought it was done
Highest temps? Although not usually necessary for alot of portables I'd give the strains that are a bit moist if you will a stir or two during vaping. Just a thought, that pic didn't look completely spent and the Air, at 410, is easily hot enough to brown it.

VisiblyVaped,

g1zm0

excellent, i'll try my dlx on the first day I bet, hopefully it works until I get the PV gong. I'm looking forward to this vape

Highest temps? Although not usually necessary for alot of portables I'd give the strains that are a bit moist if you will a stir or two during vaping. Just a thought, that pic didn't look completely spent and the Air, at 410, is easily hot enough to brown it.
Lol i forgot to say that i was vaping on the first 3 settings. I like head high more with little or no body buzz.
Although my Sour Diesel gets pretty brown on the first 3 settings

al bundy

Vaporist
Hey there people !
I'm looking to get an Arizer Air, already the proud and happy owner of a Solo, but want the exchangeable battery and ceramic heater.
I see planetvape.ca has it for $198.97 !!
Was waiting for PlanetVape to carry it at a lower price.
Comes with everything it normally comes with from Arizer including warranty.
Any thoughts about getting it from PlanetVape ?
Comments, reviews, shipping wait time to California, and any other info would be appreciated.
Have a vapey day.
:leaf::peace::luv::leaf:

While planetvape is a great company in Canada,I'd choose puffitup for this only because if you do have to have warranty service it would be much easier to ship it in the US instead of to Canada.
And as posted on the last page puffitup will price match and an extra battery to boot. Go back one page on page 79-
$179 shipped and a free battery.

Last edited:

VisiblyVaped

Lol i forgot to say that i was vaping on the first 3 settings. I like head high more with little or no body buzz.
Although my Sour Diesel gets pretty brown on the first 3 settings
Some strains are different. Run it through the higher temps after you've finished level 3 for a few draws, see how that works.
While planetvape is a great company in Canada,I'd choose puffitup for this only because if you do have to have warranty service it would be much easier to ship it in the US instead of to Canada.
And as posted on the last page puffitup will price match and an extra battery to boot. Check link below $179 shipped and a free battery.

The Arizer Air
He did that for me, randy has been great. It was shipped this morning.

VisiblyVaped,
Reactions: Sinclue

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
20150116_142815.jpg
Don't worry about light ABV. You can always try out another vaporizer to see about the color. Some strains have lighter ABV when it's spent. I have a strain Skywalker OG and it's always light in color even though nothing is left in the flower.

If you are getting medicated your vaporizer is working fine. Test some other strains just to make sure you're not having issues.

Barhen

with my little problem with the material falling on top of the heater and creating a horrible smell thats a pain to get rid of.... is it a good idea to put a screen on top of the heating chamber to prevent stuff that falls down from getting "burnt"?

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Herb could have fallen in from the area by where the upper chamber cover is screwed on underneath the oven. A screen wouldn't help that area if that's where it's coming from?

Last edited:
CarolKing,
Reactions: Vapoleon

Barhen

Herb could have fallen in from the area by where the upper chamber cover is screwed on underneath the oven. A screen wouldn't help that area if that's where it's coming from?
Maybe, i smacked the thing for awhile, I think it all came out. It smells fine now, you think the screen would be good for the top of the oven? Wonder how that would affect it? Don"t have any screens to test myelf unfortunately. I am now using the sleeve to prevent this as well.

Last edited:

OF

with my little problem with the material falling on top of the heater and creating a horrible smell thats a pain to get rid of.... is it a good idea to put a screen on top of the heating chamber to prevent stuff that falls down from getting "burnt"?

Many of us experimented with screens in Solo, I think most if not all abandoned it. By all means try if you're inclined. I expect you'll come back to the 'stick it in inverted, hit it hamster style a couple times until the load fuses together, then go for it' routine too?

They do smell (to my way of thinking this is an 'of course' kind of observation....) after being used for sure. I'm not sure if it's from debris, direct contact, or resin condensation. I've been doing 'battery test runs' on a couple Solos lately, fire up an empty one and it smells a lot more. If it's smell that is the issue, you may have a tough row to hoe. If it's a taste issue, the 'upside down/hamster' routine may be what you're looking for?

OF

My Air arrived today 4 days earlier than expected! I've just tried it out and i can say it definitely works! I'm still trying to get the draw perfected, the short mouthpiece stem is way different than the Solo stems that im used to. (All comparisons will be to the pre-2014 solo with PVHES turbo stem)

I noticed my abv was lighter than usual, i wonder if it is due to the shorter cut off time/long heat up factor or due to my poor technique. Can confirm green toasts it really good.

I still like the feel of the 1/2 length solo style stem better but the MP stem sure is stealthy

Barhen

Many of us experimented with screens in Solo, I think most if not all abandoned it. By all means try if you're inclined. I expect you'll come back to the 'stick it in inverted, hit it hamster style a couple times until the load fuses together, then go for it' routine too?

They do smell (to my way of thinking this is an 'of course' kind of observation....) after being used for sure. I'm not sure if it's from debris, direct contact, or resin condensation. I've been doing 'battery test runs' on a couple Solos lately, fire up an empty one and it smells a lot more. If it's smell that is the issue, you may have a tough row to hoe. If it's a taste issue, the 'upside down/hamster' routine may be what you're looking for?

OF
Its just the smell issue, makes it less stealthy. I got it sorted out, probably some debris falling down the sides or something. Got the sleeve on fulltime now which I think will prevent this from happening again...probably :-)

OF

I noticed my abv was lighter than usual, i wonder if it is due to the shorter cut off time/long heat up factor or due to my poor technique. Can confirm green toasts it really good.

I still like the feel of the 1/2 length solo style stem better but the MP stem sure is stealthy

I think time had a lot to do with ABV appearance for me. I decided step 3 (whatever color that is....) was good for me but the ABV wasn't as dark as I was used to with Solo. So I tested it by restarting the Air after I got a solid hit figuring it took Solo two minutes or so do this, meaning 10 minutes of actual use in each case. I tried to keep a uniform rhythm going and hoped to be close. Anyway, I convinced myself that was the deal, once I'd matched performance and actual 'at temperature' time the ABV was pretty uniform.

I think you got that 'it works really good' part just about right........

The stem thing still kind of confuses me. You order a replacement stem and you get the one you no longer get? How can you replace something you never had? OTHO, the only way to get either of the new stems in the line (the short all glass and short plastic capped) is to buy a new Air? I'm guessing that they changed plans, shifting from the original longer capped stem to the new all glass one? Left them with a bunch of no longer needed stems to sell? Once things settle down I wonder if we'll be able to buy the two we can't. Both seem useful to Solo owners, for instance.

Enjoy getting to know your Air. Hopefully it'll be a long and happy friendship.

OF

OF

Topic change for a moment, please, to cases?

I just got the Vatra case (for the Solo) from 'our guy, Randy' at PIU. The idea was to replace the camera case I use as a 'war bag' for solo (unit, stem, herb, charger). While it's a very well made case for what it does, there just isn't enough room for everything I want along (I'll settle for the car charger only, but also want bent stem and stash at least). After a disappointing 'test fit' I put it all back in the camera case.....

Then it hit me.......how about the Air? Not "made for each other" but 'made for each other. Oceans of room for the unit, a spare 18650, stems, and stash. Very heavy padding, yet still compact. No need to go looking for a case, it found me (or should that be 'us', I consider Air my friend......).

Anyway, check it out:
http://www.puffitup.com/Arizer-Solo-Vaporizer-case-p/solovatracase.htm

OF

djonkoman

so I just ordered the air, randy from puffitup was able to give me a great price, communication was also very fast, today I even had an answer within a few minutes.
now I hope my nightcore charger will arive quickly, would kind of suck when I get my air and the charger is still not here...

Justpassedu

so I just ordered the air, randy from puffitup was able to give me a great price, communication was also very fast, today I even had an answer within a few minutes.
now I hope my nightcore charger will arive quickly, would kind of suck when I get my air and the charger is still not here...
You can charge your battery through the air , no worries .

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Topic change for a moment, please, to cases?

I just got the Vatra case (for the Solo) from 'our guy, Randy' at PIU. The idea was to replace the camera case I use as a 'war bag' for solo (unit, stem, herb, charger). While it's a very well made case for what it does, there just isn't enough room for everything I want along (I'll settle for the car charger only, but also want bent stem and stash at least). After a disappointing 'test fit' I put it all back in the camera case.....

Then it hit me.......how about the Air? Not "made for each other" but 'made for each other. Oceans of room for the unit, a spare 18650, stems, and stash. Very heavy padding, yet still compact. No need to go looking for a case, it found me (or should that be 'us', I consider Air my friend......).

Anyway, check it out:
http://www.puffitup.com/Arizer-Solo-Vaporizer-case-p/solovatracase.htm

OF

I have the same case.

Justpassedu

I use the small case logic camera case for my air . It's tiny wich I like most has two pockets and I can fit my air with stem detached , two to three batteries snuggled in, a tiny jar of flowers, some small stirring tools and two to three stems all tightly packed in and it's only $5.99. Oh and a few qtips I put I there to gently brush the oven if any material sticks to it after a session. I took it with me on a four day trip and had no problems. The air fits snugly in there and the zipper just makes it. I am loving it and I use it also for my mflb and other vapes. It's a great compact choice if you want something tiny. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003F...qid=1421518818&sr=8-10&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

Top Bottom