• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Buzzbomb Almighty

My cheap usb cables came from China yesterday, and this morning I sliced off a tiny bit of the plastic so the jack is the same as on the wall charger, and I just plugged it into my computer and it works as advertised! If it's compatible with the cigarette lighter usb I'll have a lot of mobility, but I'm going to have someone look at it before I try. The last thing I want to do is wreck my vape.
Edit to say it checks out! Because I don't have a car charger for my Solos it's nice to have this.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have a couple of those cables but I always end up using my Nitecore SC4 instead of fucking around with the slow charger as I have at least 6x 18650 batteries lying around waiting for a run in whatever vape I am using.:2c:

LesPlenty,

OF

My lime batteries, even though I have been using them carefully, are barely holding a charge now. Is a year about their life span?

No, their lifespan is generally considered to be ten years after the time they get fully charged the first time. At that point (10 years of normal use) the capacity is still quite high (about 90% IIRC) if not abused (improper charge routine or high temperature).

However, there is also 'cycle life'. They can only be discharged and recharged a number of 'cycles' based on the details of how they're used (mostly the voltage they're charged to and allowed to discharge to before being recharged). This puts 'sessions per charge' against cycle life. The typical compromise is 300 cycles, obviously makers want to get as much run time from each charge, but not so much it doesn't make it out of warranty.

So, if you charge it once a day, a year is what you should expect from that. Good information on the topic here (especially around table 2):
https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

Sounds like it time to buy some more. The 'new standard', Panasonic NMR18650B, is superior to the old factory cells. There's a 'brand new' one, Sanyo I think, that's a bit (less than 10%) higher in capacity, but I'd hold off until we get some history. The Panasonics do a bang up job in Air and ArGo and have for a while. You'll like them.

OF

narrowsparrow

Thanks for the information about that Panasonic, OF. I have been trying to use the guidelines in the link you posted, but when the battery hits 67%, it gets really slow to use. So I install a freshly charged battery at that point. Probably too soon?

narrowsparrow,
Reactions: OF

OF

when the battery hits 67%, it gets really slow to use. So I install a freshly charged battery at that point. Probably too soon?

Your call, of course. While as they get weak it might take longer to reach temperature from a cold start, once there they should do fine since it's regulated.

You might try buying one or two new ones and see what happens? Small cost for the pleasure they return in use.......

Regards to all.

OF

CalyxSmokr

I needed this again recently so here goes

u/arizerairsolution2y
[Solved] Arizer Air Shuts Off Prematurely
Instructional
If you are having problems with your Arizer Air like I was (shutting off right after reaching temperature), you'll be happy to hear this solution posted on a different thread by /u/Cloudzeater worked .
"I found this in an FC thread from Arizer Hello, Thanks for contacting us and we're sorry to hear that. You may be able to manually reset your Air. Please try the following: Plug the charger into the wall outlet Plug the charger into the AIR unit press and hold both buttons for approximately 4 seconds wait for 10 seconds then unplug from charger If this doesn't resolve the problem and it's consistently doing this we can provide our return instructions so we can test out the unit."
Just wanted to put this on the interwebs in case it helps any future people.
Cheers

OF

Because my Air is in my work bag I haven't used it in weeks since we locked down, so tomorrow I'll make an effort to give it some exercise. Actually, for all the time it takes I'll get up now and go get it. There's a can of dope in there that's just going dry too. My duty is clear.

Not to mention the chance some young random victim of society might innocently stumble on it while seeking opportunity in yon shuttered business establishment. And being the ambitious curious sort he might make the wrong choice and follow you down the road of ruin. Another innocent victim of killer weed......

If the cops stop you, just explain how you're on a mission to protect the youth. Same as them.

OF

Buzzbomb Almighty

Ha ha, no, my work bag is hanging on the back of a chair here in the house. The Air still had a full charge so I went through a couple of bowls (and it is pretty dry). If stopped by the law it works better if you just show them your Solo, turn it on so they see the display and explain "It's just my personal breathalyzer, sir, so I know I'm good to go."

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Unfortunately I no longer own one, but perhaps one of you would like to create a new thread for the Air / Air II (one for both is probably fine? just link to each at the top of the new thread) here:
https://newfuckcombustion.com/index.php?forums/upcoming-unreleased-portables.33/
Then mods can move it to the main section and close this one... I'm not active enough in this thread, otherwise I would do it myself!

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I kind of forgot I own one. I'm a little foggy at times, I guess. Works great: I have no idea why I stopped using it.
EBB59-EEE-395-C-4-DF3-B792-5-EB679-E7-C4-F4.jpg

GetLeft

Maybe 'cause it's not real quick to the draw and it's a bit of a slow draw once the temp does kick in. Comparatively speaking, of course; and that's not necessarily fair to do. Also, those things might not be important to everyone. (If they are, one might want to jump straight to looking into the Air 2.) The Air was my first vape, purchased over the mflb after much hand wringing. And it was a good choice. Served me just as well as could be for quite a while.

Kieran27

Can someone please help? My Arizer Air stopped charging so I bought a new battery for it and tried charging it for the full 4 hours but it's doing the same again. It flashes green to say it is charging but when I turn it on the top light still glows red for a sec then as it is heating up the bottom one goes red and it just doesn't heat up. I tried charging for another couple hours but it just isn't charging.

OF

Can someone please help? My Arizer Air stopped charging so I bought a new battery for it and tried charging it for the full 4 hours but it's doing the same again. It flashes green to say it is charging but when I turn it on the top light still glows red for a sec then as it is heating up the bottom one goes red and it just doesn't heat up. I tried charging for another couple hours but it just isn't charging.

In the past several Airs (including one of mine) have had problems with the 'pogo stick' contact that connects the cap. The small, Gold plated, spring loaded plunger that sticks out the bottom when the cap is off. Giving poor contact. Mine straightened up when I cleaned the mating surface of the cap with a q-tip and ISO and put a drop of ISO on the pin and 'worked it in and out' a bit.

Might be worth a try? Otherwise it could be a charger issue (not able to provide enough current. I assume if you charge the 18650 in an external charger?

OF

Kieran27

In the past several Airs (including one of mine) have had problems with the 'pogo stick' contact that connects the cap. The small, Gold plated, spring loaded plunger that sticks out the bottom when the cap is off. Giving poor contact. Mine straightened up when I cleaned the mating surface of the cap with a q-tip and ISO and put a drop of ISO on the pin and 'worked it in and out' a bit.

Might be worth a try? Otherwise it could be a charger issue (not able to provide enough current. I assume if you charge the 18650 in an external charger?

OF
Thanks for the quick response! Yeah the pogo bit seems to be fine and it's perfectly clean so I'm assuming it must just be a charger issue then. I'll order a new charger and let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

OF

Thanks for the quick response! Yeah the pogo bit seems to be fine and it's perfectly clean so I'm assuming it must just be a charger issue then. I'll order a new charger and let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

Mine seemed fine as well, but 'the treatment' fixed it? I suspect it was poor contact between the moving part and the body of the pin? It could have been random chance, of course, you can't guarantee such failures unless you can repeat them. "Problems that go away by themselves, come back by themselves". Easy enough to try?

I'd also try externally charging (assuming you have access to a 18650 charger of course) before I gave out hard earned money on a hunch, but your call, of course.

You're welcome, good luck with it. As you already know Air is worth having around.......if it works.

OF

Last edited:

CastIronHits

Slightly Crispy
I needed this again recently so here goes

u/arizerairsolution2y
[Solved] Arizer Air Shuts Off Prematurely
Instructional
If you are having problems with your Arizer Air like I was (shutting off right after reaching temperature), you'll be happy to hear this solution posted on a different thread by /u/Cloudzeater worked .
"I found this in an FC thread from Arizer Hello, Thanks for contacting us and we're sorry to hear that. You may be able to manually reset your Air. Please try the following: Plug the charger into the wall outlet Plug the charger into the AIR unit press and hold both buttons for approximately 4 seconds wait for 10 seconds then unplug from charger If this doesn't resolve the problem and it's consistently doing this we can provide our return instructions so we can test out the unit."
Just wanted to put this on the interwebs in case it helps any future people.
Cheers

Thank you! This is the issue I have with my Air, but when I contacted Arizer they had no solution. First, they sent a wall of auto-response text about making proper contact when charging, ensuring the silicon sleeve isn't in the way etc. :rolleyes: I already told them I use an external charger for my batteries and tested multiple cells each with the same result. Then they told me that was the problem, that their proprietary battery and charger technology were perfect for their device and I probably ruined it with knock off cells. Wow, so many assumptions.

It's amazing this is a known issue with a known troubleshooting strategy and I was given no information about it. Customer service told me they did not test or repair electronics only defective heaters, so my option was to pay to ship the Air in, pay to have it tested, and pay to have it sent back after they decided they won't fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:

OF

It's amazing this is a known issue with a known troubleshooting strategy and I was given no information about it. Customer service told me they did not test or repair electronics only defective heaters, so my option was to pay to ship the Air in, pay to have it tested, and pay to have it sent back after they decided they won't fix it. Fuck Arizer.

That's pretty lame IMO. "a known issue'? Look at what they said in the post you quote above:
" You may be able to manually reset your Air. Please try the following: "

That hardly sounds like a common or even 'known' problem. They suggested a possible solution, which IMO they are not obligated to do. Helpful some might say. They guarantee the heaters, right? So I think anything past that is 'on your dime'?

Had this come up in the normal warantee period, I'm sure there would be no hesitation on their part to 'make it right'. They have, IMO, a well earned reputation for solid Customer Service on a range of dependable products that are well received/respected in the market.

Sorry to hear you're sour on Arizer, but IMO that's definitely your loss. They have a series of excellent, proven products with a loyal/huge following. Many of us own several of different products from them with complete satisfaction, some even with 'repeats'?

I hope you find a vape that you're happy with, but you experience doesn't really mesh with what the rest of us have found. It's your money, you deserve satisfaction. But new buyers should also expect an high performance, reliable vape as the vast majority of their customers report on these Forums. My advice to them is 'order with confidence'. Informed choices and all that.

Regards to all. Happy Independence Day!

OF

CastIronHits

Slightly Crispy
That's pretty lame IMO. "a known issue'? Look at what they said in the post you quote above:
" You may be able to manually reset your Air. Please try the following: "

That hardly sounds like a common or even 'known' problem. They suggested a possible solution, which IMO they are not obligated to do. Helpful some might say. They guarantee the heaters, right? So I think anything past that is 'on your dime'?

Had this come up in the normal warantee period, I'm sure there would be no hesitation on their part to 'make it right'. They have, IMO, a well earned reputation for solid Customer Service on a range of dependable products that are well received/respected in the market.

Sorry to hear you're sour on Arizer, but IMO that's definitely your loss. They have a series of excellent, proven products with a loyal/huge following. Many of us own several of different products from them with complete satisfaction, some even with 'repeats'?

I hope you find a vape that you're happy with, but you experience doesn't really mesh with what the rest of us have found. It's your money, you deserve satisfaction. But new buyers should also expect an high performance, reliable vape as the vast majority of their customers report on these Forums. My advice to them is 'order with confidence'. Informed choices and all that.

Regards to all. Happy Independence Day!

OF

I think you are taking me far to seriously, I was speaking off the cuff.

My Air was a reliable travel vape for a few years, but with an overall low amount of time in use (travel only device) I'm disappointed it's given up the ghost. The need to provide basic troubleshooting isn't lost on me, but failing to address the issue communicated is. If resetting the devices was an option, I feel it should have been presented. "Did you turn it off and on again?" is on of the most basic troubleshooting steps for electronic devices. I've noticed a trend with vendors to blame the customer, maybe there are enough people out there giving them reason, but you can tell when a vendor listens to your problem or not. There are plenty of great vendors here illustrating that point.

As you said, they have no responsibility to provide me with support for the device, yet the market dictates and you admit they have a reputation for solid customer service. This was not my experience as there was no good option presented due to their not repairing device electronics.

I've enjoyed Arizer devices enough to convince friends to buy from them, and I had a Solo before the Air. A friend bought a Q since I enjoyed a Volcano so much but they were unimpressed by the results and clumsy system. He said the only thing that seemed Extreme about it was the antiquation of its technology. This is how I feel about the Air at this point, better fish in the sea but good for what it was when it was.

The reset process didn't work for mine, but I appreciate you passing it along, since Arizer wont. :rofl:Joking.

OF

I think you are taking me far to seriously, I was speaking off the cuff.

The reset process didn't work for mine, but I appreciate you passing it along, since Arizer wont. :rofl:Joking.

Entirely possible, it's pretty hard to catch sometimes when you can neither hear the voice or see the speaker? For sure your " Fuck Arizer. " led me to think you might not like them......fitting in with what seemed a critical post. And I'd bet dollars to doughnuts it violates the 'be nice' rule?

I don't recall reset ever fixing anything, FWIW, so I can understand their not promoting it.

And if you check, I'm not the one that 'passed it along', it was in fact you by quoting the post you did........

Glad you really support them, IMO (and I bet the overwhelming majority of Members) they're a top notch outfit worthy of consideration. That is nothing to fear about reliability or Customer Support. They get high marks in both?

OF

OF,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I already told them I use an external charger for my batteries and tested multiple cells each with the same result. Then they told me that was the problem, that their proprietary battery and charger technology were perfect for their device and I probably ruined it
I have never used the Airs charger or their battery (too many LG HG@ and Sony VT6).
Plenty of other options available nowadays, I doubt I would replace my Air with the same unit when it dies.

Top Bottom