• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

firstmovement

"Si3N4 SIN balls 3mm" is that a ceramic ball bearing? It comes up as a ball bearing on Amazon that is a silicon ceramic. It looks fine to me but I don't know if that works.

I read that it is a modified version of SIC with higher tolerance to thermal shock when used in industrial applications. I found a thread on here selling them as terp balls so I thought it would be good to go.

Valo500

I read that it is a modified version of SIC with higher tolerance to thermal shock when used in industrial applications. I found a thread on here selling them as terp balls so I thought it would be good to go.
Well, I found some except they are black but that is fine. I think they cost about $50 for 200 of them. How well do they work compared to the Boro beads?

Valo500,

firstmovement

Yes, the seller name was BC Precision. I have an all black unit with black balls so I guess I should start calling it the black hole. It sends me to a black hole when I hit it too!

firstmovement,
Reactions: blackstone

firstmovement

How many did you buy 200 and was it more than enough?

It was more than enough for me. I removed about 20 balls. You'll need to add or take away depending on what you're looking for. All 200 seemed to dampen the heat with the way I draw so I removed some and hit a sweet spot for me. It took about three sessions to get it perfect. Once you do, you can easily scorch the load. I dialed back unit I was getting a nice brown on the first hit. The heat also penetrate the load more thoroughly so when I stir, it's not green on the bottom. That penetration makes for really terpy hits.

firstmovement,
Reactions: blackstone

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
It was more than enough for me. I removed about 20 balls. You'll need to add or take away depending on what you're looking for. All 200 seemed to dampen the heat with the way I draw so I removed some and hit a sweet spot for me. It took about three sessions to get it perfect. Once you do, you can easily scorch the load. I dialed back unit I was getting a nice brown on the first hit. The heat also penetrate the load more thoroughly so when I stir, it's not green on the bottom. That penetration makes for really terpy hits.
So would you say i could dial this in for nice terp u myercene rips at like 330ish°f then finish off some of the bowl in the dynavap?

Zuhdj,

firstmovement

So would you say i could dial this in for nice terp u myercene rips at like 330ish°f then finish off some of the bowl in the dynavap?

If I was trying to do I lighter roast, I would use the SSV stock. The mod takes the pack from green to dark brown in a hurry. In a couple hits you don't have much to finish off in the dynavap.

Valo500

These look like they should work. According to Troy, the intake is a 14mm basket. The top you could just use a large screen bent to shape.

Valo500,

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
These look like they should work. According to Troy, the intake is a 14mm basket. The top you could just use a large screen bent to shape.
I'm talking about the large screen, not the small one. Those go loose, so it's not ideal.

VapePerson,

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
How close is the screen for the spherical wand? It's a pretty large screen.
Been using those autismally bent but it's very hard, even with 2. I'm thinking of ddave modding + dosing capsuling at this point. Also going to switch to boro soon, as quartz has been the bitch I thought it'd be. I did get perfect performance at 11AM for 2 weeks but then the screen fell out, and they were tight. When you rip it'll happen without a proper seal eventually.

VapePerson,

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
Been using those autismally bent but it's very hard, even with 2. I'm thinking of ddave modding + dosing capsuling at this point. Also going to switch to boro soon, as quartz has been the bitch I thought it'd be. I did get perfect performance at 11AM for 2 weeks but then the screen fell out, and they were tight. When you rip it'll happen without a proper seal eventually.
You can't dosing capsule a ddave mod. D'oh.

VapePerson,

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
I still love mine and can’t imagine a better vape for me. It doesn’t need the mod unless you want to run it at a lower temp. The thing rips as is...
You're missing the point. If you add microdosing to this (it's very hard to do, atm; medicinal patient and boy is our weed expensive around these parts) it's got basically every other vape beat in every category.

VapePerson,

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
I still love mine and can’t imagine a better vape for me. It doesn’t need the mod unless you want to run it at a lower temp. The thing rips as is...
This is the point for me. I want to run it at a lower temp so I can feel better about leaving it on for longer periods. And i like to vape around 330-370 I have boro balls and a 1 inch screen with an ssv on the way.

Ariste

I have been using 3mm corundum (ruby) balls for over a month now. (I posted a link in an earlier post.)

It has been running 24/7 during that time.

I've had absolutely no problems. Thick milky rips at 11o'clock. My wife likes that's it's consistent and she doesn't need to fiddle with anything. The AVB is so consistent I don't even need to stir.

I couldn't imagine a better desktop dry herb vape setup.

Valo500

I just used these https://www.amazon.com/Precision-Si...Silicon+Nitride+Ceramic&qid=1600263181&sr=8-1
and it sounds like I am getting the same excellent results!! Fitting the screens in was a pain, and don't even try a 14mm basket on the lower intake.
They must have made the intake larger at one time because it doesn't work on mine and it's new. The hole is too small.
We need some good screen options because mine are in and working fine, but it doesn't look the greatest.

Cervical CBD

Thinking about doing the Ddavemod. I’m not a fan of getting the screen back in and it tends to rip a bit...any advantages to it? Worth $40?

Cervical CBD,

Valo500

Thinking about doing the Ddavemod. I’m not a fan of getting the screen back in and it tends to rip a bit...any advantages to it? Worth $40?
I guess it's your opinion if it's worth it or not. I have noticed that I can reduce the dial by about 3. So I went from about 1 the on dial back to about 10. Also, the heat holds through the full draw, no taper at the end so your full temp the whole ride!
Hope this helps!

Top Bottom