Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I thought it looked like a lot when I watched the video too.

IMO it did look to be close to a gram, (I actually ground up a gram in my S&B grinder last night, and it looked to be a similar amount as the video), but I have seen some herb that chops up particularly fluffy, so it may just be a bit of a camera trick...

Either way, it'll be nice when we have a few more solid reviews.

I hope you enjoy it when it come Tommy. :)

Frederick McGuire,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I'm not necessarily saying the amount of material is bad or outrageous. It depends on how efficient it is at conserving when not in use. That was why I wondered how long that load lasted the person in the video. Time, and more reviews, will tell. As far as the "dead head" switch goes, its an interesting approach. You could go that way or an auto-shutoff like the HA or a curling iron has so this one will go to personal preference.

t-dub

t-dub,

dopefiend

Storz-Bickel have just told me that they've seen the video and are replacing Billy G's Plenty immediately- they say it was bad luck that the needle fell off, and that it's not the quality they stand for. Good to hear that Storz-Bickel's standards haven't dropped.

dopefiend,

vape4life

Banned for life
dopefiend said:
Storz-Bickel have just told me that they've seen the video and are replacing Billy G's Plenty immediately- they say it was bad luck that the needle fell off, and that it's not the quality they stand for. Good to hear that Storz-Bickel's standards haven't dropped.

What did you expect them to say? lol I don't think we will be able to form an opinion until many more reviews come out, because who knows...maybe their standards have changed since dominating the vapor world with the Cano for so long (until it went mainstream).

vape4life,

dopefiend

vape4life said:
dopefiend said:

What did you expect them to say? lol I don't think we will be able to form an opinion until many more reviews come out, because who knows...maybe their standards have changed since dominating the vapor world with the Cano for so long (until it went mainstream).

Well they could've gone silent, or they could've blamed user error. Instead they're trying to sort it out, which is a good thing, no?

vape4life

Banned for life
dopefiend said:
vape4life said:
dopefiend said:

Well they could've gone silent, or they could've blamed user error. Instead they're trying to sort it out, which is a good thing, no?

Oh forsure man, although not sure blaming user error for a broken temp needle is possible. It's great that they are replacing his unit and i'm sure their customer service is top notch, as it should for the price of it.

vape4life,

Raf007

Retailer
Just opened the package. Here are my first thoughts as I 'm quite busy.
Looks like the pic and honestly I'm not fan of the look and the plastic feel.
It can not stand up by itself.
The "whip" stinks plastic like crazy and to tell you the truth I am not in a hurry to try it and wish I had free weed for that :)
heats up to 190 in about 2 min max.
I may bring it back home to try it and will review it if that's the case.

Raf007,

vape4life

Banned for life
Raf007 said:
Just opened the package. Here are my first thoughts as I 'm quite busy.
Looks like the pic and honestly I'm not fan of the look and the plastic feel.
It can not stand up by itself.
The "whip" stinks plastic like crazy and to tell you the truth I am not in a hurry to try it and wish I had free weed for that :)
heats up to 190 in about 2 min max.
I may bring it back home to try it and will review it if that's the case.

oh boy, that is not good.

vape4life,

max

Out to lunch
dopefiend said:
vape4life said:
dopefiend said:

Good thing for sure, but totally expected as well. It's the first youtube vid of the first ever S&B direct draw vape, and the temp gauge doesn't work. They'd replace the unit for anyone I'm sure. In this case they're likely to overnight a new one. There's no way a company with any common sense is going to not respond or blame the user, even if the user did bust it. The situation would be an embarrassment for any company.

Raf007 said:
The "whip" stinks plastic like crazy
Hopefully the odor goes away and isn't a 'stink during use'. I didn't notice any negative comment about it from Billy G.

max,

Tommy

max said:
Hope you like it Tommy. I wouldn't worry too much about how much you have to load [...] it makes no sense that it would be designed to require a large amount.

Thanks max!

Yes, I hope you're right. I was told that the bowl needs to be completly full or else the content can get all to one side and it will not be uniformly vaporized. I just don't know if this is mentioned in the instruction manual but it makes sense, even more when our friend Raf007 said that "It can not stand up by itself". So, you drop it in a table and the whole content will "fall" to one of the sides, except if the bowl is completly full.

I hope there is a way to avoid this from happening, or else S&B will have to design a new bowl in the future. The system is very similar (in theory) to the I-olite system, when it comes for both having no "air pump" system. With the I-olite I can get completly wasted with only 0.2g (or less), only negative thing is the depressing taste, which I was expecting to get solved with this Plenty by Storz & Bickel. But if I have to load it with 1gr, or even if with half a gram, then I think this will be another one to end up in my vaporizer growing museum, hehehe, only being used when with a few friends that can deal with a full load without spoiling the precious material we use...

I'll keep you updated and will report my first tests with the machine. Sweet vapes!! :D

tommy

Tommy,
The problem of material flying all around or to just one side is solved in my mind by having a plunger-screen setup, just like the Volcano has. I don't know why they just wouldn't make one for the Plenty bowl as well. IMO alot of other vapes could benefit from one as well, such as the Herbalaire.

charliedontsurf,

Tommy

Hi charliedontsurf!

Yes my friend, I completly agree with you, I was already thinking about a homemade solution for it and I really can't understand why Storz & Bickel didn't realize it before putting this vaporizer in the market.

Have a look at what they "say" in the instruction manual:
Remove the filling chamber cap with cooling coil and mouthpiece from the filling chamber.
Always fill the filling chamber completely with finely crushed or ground plant material.
Always fill the filling chamber completely up to the upper edge. This prevents the vaporization material from shifting when the hot air generator is not held upright, which would make efficient vaporization impossible, since the hot air could then bypass the vaporization material.

I find it a bit odd (to avoid using other adjective) that they kind of "assume" in the instruction manual that the chamber has to be completly filled without realizing that this can mean that they will sell much less units as a consequence of this and without realizing that maybe a simple adjustment to the filling chamber could solve the problem.

I'm thinking about a solution with the liquid pads, since something like a liquid pad with a 1cm hole in the middle would be a perfect solution. Or even better, a solid metal pad to reduce the size of the chamber to half its size forcing the air to pass thru the place were the herbs are. Because with liquid pads there would be air passing thru the pads structure and this would reduce the the quality/density of the vapor produced while it would also probably allow to use lower temps and get the same results.

I'm sorry if I'm kind of hi-jacking the thread with this subject but I think that I'm not going to be the only user concerned with this alleged "problem".

Happy vapes! :D

tommy

Tommy,
Tommy, some trustworthy guys in the Volcano thread actually use their Cano with the liquid pad in all the time, and claim that it gets them better vapor. When I briefly had a cano pass through my hands recently, I didn't notice any improvement really, but it certainly did nothing to slow down the airflow and I didn't notice a difference in taste or vapor density. If the pad is similar, putting your herbal in first and then placing the liquid pad on top might be a good solution.

charliedontsurf,

Tommy

putting your herbal in first and then placing the liquid pad on top might be a good solution.

Of course charlie!!! ...that's as simple as that :) And I was thinking about liquid pads wiht holes :ko: How dumb can one be.. :uhoh:

I think I'll try it with the liquid pad first and then the herbs upon it. Or the opposite, like you mentioned. Hope the space left in the chamber with a liquid pad on it is the exactly space needed to put 0.2-0.3gr inside it.

Thanks my friend! Kind regards!

tommy

Tommy,

Raf007

Retailer
So ....For some reasons I did not get the opportunity to take the unit back with me yesterday but should be able to today. I will do a quick report of course if that happen to be the case.
Max: yes I also hope that the smell will vanish after use but the few blanks drawings I took were not pleasant at all...
but you're right let's wait and see before any negative conclusion.

Raf007,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
Thanks for the vid preview , say's enough for me , no Storz & Bickel products for me .

The only thing appealing to me is the liquid pads , it a good idea as long as you dont need to run herb with it

Samsquanch,

Raf007

Retailer
Got to take it back home and in the sub as I write.
After some more reading I saw they state its made of flavor-free materials...let's try, taste and report then ;)

Raf007,

Tommy

Hi again my friends! :peace:

I already have it for 4 days now, so I think I can post my first comments on the Plenty :ko:

So... I own a few vapes with which I can compare the Plenty, although none of my other vaporizers should be compared with it because they are all obviously different. I'll compare it a bit with the I-olite, Herborizer and Volcano but just to explain how different it is.

The Plenty is definetly like it says on the box "Effect, Purity and Flavor". Completly true for the "effect", to me it is excessively potent indeed, it takes to a place where Volcano never took me, neither other vaporizers. I'm a soft user, I use between 0.5 and 0.8gr per day, so maybe other owners of the Plenty may have a different opinion, but mine is that it is incredibly potent, even with only half charge, using the liquid pad to reduce the size of the bowl, which works great...

"Purity" yes, also nice about purity, even knowing that nothing can be more pure than glass :ninja: The tip of the mouthpiece may smell a litlle bit like plastic, as someone said before in this thread, but it is a soft smell that after a couple of uses completly goes away. It is very pure, believe me, if the vapor coming out of the vaporizer was not pure I would know it because I have very sensitive lungs that would automaticaly complaint about it. So I think it really is pure and I trust S & B are keeping with their standards offering a health safe vaporizer.

About "Flavor" it is very simple... The first hits are great, you can even get hits before it reaches to 180 and you don't get any vapor but you get a great sample of the taste of the weed. It's very good for trying different varieties, like doing vapor reports. This vaporless hits also get you high and they are really very pleasant. With the Plenty, while you see the temperature is rising you can keep trying to inhale to see what you get at each temperature. So with time one gets more and more used to it and can take advantage of it much better than in the first days, that's something I realised since the first time I used it.

A few evaluations... the number between ()'s is my evaluation for the Volcano, so you guys can see how it compares...

Potency: 9 (8)
Quality of the effect: 7 (8)
Taste of the first 6 hits: 9 (8)
Taste after the 6th hit: 5 (8)
Efficiency: 6 (9)

Quality of the materials: I can only tell after using it for a while, but all seems good

The effect actually is much more potent than the Volcano effect. So potent that it is too much for me and that's why I consider the quality of the effect a value behind the Volcano. You can get a better taste with the Plenty but after a few hits (about 6 hits) the taste get a bit toasty and so after the 6th hit it looses to the Volcano. In the efficiency parameter, in my opinion the Volcano wins, because using the same ammount of veggies (0-3-0.4gr) with the Plenty the whole experience can last 10-20 minutes, if you give it a hit every 2 minutes. With the Volcano I fill a bag and having a hit every 2 minutes the bag lasts for 20-30 minutes and I still have a 2nd bag to fill with the same charge. So... the Volcano allows for a softer experience but it lasts longer. The Plenty will knock you out very quick, unless you are with friends and share a charge with them.

Using the liquid pad to reduce the volume of the bowl and thus, use less herbs

Like explained in the instruction manual of the Plenty, if you want to use less herbs, like 0.3-0.4gr, you should put the grinded herbs upon the lower net of the bowl, stick a liquid pad upon it and the close the bowl. It works great and I can tell you that you'll have to end up doing this. Even like this it is very potent, so... I think a full bowl is something only for party days when you share it with friends. So one advice is that if you buy the Plenty, buy also a good number of liquid padsm because with time the herbs get all inside the liquid pad and it is very hard to take it out without damaging the liquid pad. I think that if I used the Plenty every day I would need a liquid pad per month.

It has a nice big cable, so it is "portable" inside the house, hehehe, like a 3 meter cable or so.

Well, I don't remember of anything else to comment now so I'll leave you with some pics and I'll be back around here soon to see if you guys have any questions about it.

This is when I met him :lol:

This is the standard position of the Plenty:

A little wheel to choose the temperature:

Air enters here:

Just a 0.3-0.4gr little bud:

One of the "problems" in my opinion is that it doesn't stand up by itself, its standard position in the one I commented before one of pictures above. So I managed to get this little wood box that I had around here and it works great:

192 ... don't like to go much further than that:

This is the color of the herbs after vaporizing, without going further than 200:

And that's it...

As I said, if you have any questions, let me know ;)

Happy vapors!

tommy

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Nice review and good pics Tommy, thanks.

So, how much ground up bud will a full chamber hold roughly?

Also, does it feel sturdy and strong, like it could take a knock or two?

J.R.R.Tokin',

Tommy

Hi mate! You're welcome ;)

I think a full chamber could hold something between 0.6 and 1gr, depending on how well grind it is.

If it falls down from a dinner table to the floor I trust it will stay perfect but we never know. Plastic parts and all... they seem hard and strong but if it falls downs in the wrong way something could crack down. Just like with the Volcanos and most of the vaporizers. But if you have a carpet in the floor I'm almost sure it would do nothing to the vaporizer.

If you make a vaporizer like this and you end up having to use multiple plastic parts it is very hard to do better in terms of impact resistance.

Kind regards,

tommy

Tommy,
We really needed a good review and pictoral like that, thanks Tommy. I'd definitely like to try one out. Can you compare the vapor output to some other common whip vapes, like the DBV, SSV, Extreme Q?

charliedontsurf,

weedemon

enthusiast
awesome pics to go with a great review idd! thanks for that. I dont see myself buying one yet, but I would like to try it sometime now!

I'm glad that the liquid pad idea works well for it. I found the larger quantity requirement off-putting too.

weedemon,

max

Out to lunch
Nice review and pics! I do take exception with this- "it takes to a place where Volcano never took me, neither other vaporizers." Although I'm not saying the statement isn't true for you, there's no vape that can get you higher than all others, due to design or whatever. We don't want anyone thinking they need to buy this because it can do what no other model can.

Top Bottom