IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Just found this thread, and pretty interested. I'd guess more info might currently be available, to those who can read German.

The hose looks gooseneck lamp industrial style. I wonder if there is something else on the inside, or if you're really sucking through a SS gooseneck tube. Let's hope they used SS. If it came off really easily, it might clean pretty well.

Oh, and agree that it looks like a powertool.

IAmKrazy2,

jdee

Vsurf500 said:
All Metal/plastic/silicone airway, and god knows what's going on down in the heater

Looks like it probably tastes nasty (and of course since it is a whip vape, hot and dry)

my thoughts exactly.

jdee,

max

Out to lunch
jdee said:
Vsurf500 said:
All Metal/plastic/silicone airway, and god knows what's going on down in the heater

Looks like it probably tastes nasty (and of course since it is a whip vape, hot and dry)

my thoughts exactly.
Why is it surprising that the company is using the same type of construction and materials they use in the 'cano models? We may not be thrilled with the materials, but expecting them to come out with a glass vapor path isn't realistic. Since nasty taste has never been an issue with the Volcano, I feel safe in saying it won't be an issue here either. This is bound to be a decent performing, safe and reliable model. S&B isn't gonna wait all these years to introduce only their 2nd vape design, and come out with a bad tasting unsafe model.

max said:
jdee said:
Vsurf500 said:

my thoughts exactly.
This is bound to be a decent performing, safe and reliable model. S&B isn't gonna wait all these years to introduce only their 2nd vape design, and come out with a bad tasting unsafe model.

Yeah c'mon guys. This is the Germans we are talking about. Even Roor collabed with herbo, an existing vaporizer, to ensure quality was good. I just hope they get rid of the aluminum heating element. It tasted alright, and I love my SV2 & my cano' but I read some where that aluminum is a cancer causing agent. Obviously I have no source to back this up, but it wouldn't surprise me since companies like Vrip and 7th Floor try to use the least amount of aluminum in there own inert ceramic tips.

- But as we said, S&B probably removed many of these flaws. I envision this as a high tech herbo, it would certainly blend in at the work bench or maybe underneath the sink. :lol:

biojuggernaut,

Calvin

I have high hopes for this vape, however when I look at the pictures I feel like im going to be disappointing. There looks to be a lot of metal and plastic used for integral parts of the vape. I hope this doesn't detract from the vaping experience.

Calvin,

dopefiend

I think S-B are going for a particular market, one which they've already totally cornered in Europe: the coffeeshop/vapor lounge/compassion club market. These places need very hard wearing, easily cleanable, idiot-proof vaporizer units. I'm a total Cloud convert, but you just can't put those in coffeeshops in Amsterdam, you'd be replacing the glass every day.

Amsterdam coffeeshops love the Volcano, because it just keeps on going, and if it ever breaks down it's easy and cheap to repair. The one drawback is it doesn't do direct draw, so with this they've supposedly solved that problem. Of course the proof will be in how the thing actually works, but I don't think S-B would release a unit that didn't do exactly what it's supposed to.

dopefiend,
Reactions: Kuzmich

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
They have been making vaporizers for a very long time. I can't see why it wouldn't taste at least as good as a Volcano. The roasting chamber is undoubtedly stainless steel like the Volcano. It appears the silicone tubing is just connecting the stainless steel roasting chamber to the stainless steel double helix.
It should be fairly simple to adapt a glass tube / mouthpiece using the silicone tubing. It would be much easier to clean than the stainless steel, though it may not cool the vapor as much. Maybe a vapor tamer. Glass is always good. Wonder if they could make a roasting chamber that has a 14mm or 18mm taper connection? Could provide a lot of flexibility.

dreadlocknot

Looks pretty crazy.. I love my VV, but the pump noise has always been an issue for me. I agree that Storz and Bickel is unlikely to release something sub-par after being so silent since the Digit/EZV release back in 2007. Almost 5 years in the making? Should be well thought out at the least. I agree that the dryness of the vapor might be an issue..hope not tho.

I have a cousin living in Germany who may be able to get his hands on one. I'll follow up with more information on usage if that happens.

It's crazy how they dropped this bomb without any discussion of its development.

:2c:

dreadlocknot,

sanfranciscosadhu

It's crazy how they dropped this bomb without any discussion of its development.
Agreed! You'd also think that they would have a model out with the right voltage for use in the US in time for the Christmas holidays.

sanfranciscosadhu,
I hope so. Only time will tell. Maybe some of other international members will chime in a little about this thing if they can ever get their hands on it.

& in response to Max the temperature of the aluminum block of the SV certainly gets hotter then vaporization temperatures and has never worried anyone on here. However, I have seen on other threads of people worried about the aluminum in there volcanos over a long period of time. Once again, not like we have research on any of this, but I foresee S&B not using aluminum as the heat exchange this time. IDK why, I just have this feeling. I like the plastic from the volcano, very easy to clean and might prove to make a good bowl in this, but I guess we'll find out soon. I am very anxious about this one.

biojuggernaut,

rubbabudbud

Getting one for Christmas so will pop back with a pic and reports on dryness etc. Very excited about a new S&B vape. Looks superbly engineered and in my world looking like a power tool is a good thing!

rubbabudbud,

mistergyro

i give respect to the makers but man, this vape doesn't look appealing to the eye.

but i'm going to wait to make any more bad comments until i fully understand why they made it look like a power tool...

mistergyro,

darkrom

Great Scott!
sanfranciscosadhu said:
Agreed! You'd also think that they would have a model out with the right voltage for use in the US in time for the Christmas holidays.

To avoid promises they can't keep. Nothing gets people pissed off like a manufacturer who has delays. People hate it more than anything and seem to second guess the product like "oh shit what went wrong last minute". I don't blame them for being hush hush till its ready.

darkrom,
I'm excited for this but I don't get what market they are going for here? It looks too big to be portable (and has to be plugged in) and there is no way its gonna be better then the volcano, and its still expensive...I don't get it

headiez247,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
headiez247 said:
I'm excited for this but I don't get what market they are going for here? It looks too big to be portable (and has to be plugged in) and there is no way its gonna be better then the volcano, and its still expensive...I don't get it

Why will it "in no way be better than the Volcano"?

Most people actually prefer direct-draw vapes to bag-only vapes like Volcanos too. I don't really get where you are coming from with this statement other than opinion.

MarcellusWiley,

sanfranciscosadhu

The portability issue is a big one though. You'd think that to produce this with a built in rechargeable battery would be easily possible for a company like this.
Product looks good to me, but you're still stuck to an outlet....

sanfranciscosadhu,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
From their website: "Delivery includes: 1 pc. PLENTY hot air generator, 1 pc. vaporization unit, 3 pcs. normal screens, 1 pc. liquid pad, 1 pc. mouthpiece, 1 pc. tubing section (short), 1 pc. tubing section (long), 1 pc. cleaning brush, 1 pc. herb mill and 1 pc. instructions for use."

What do you guys think they mean by "liquid pad"?

t-dub

t-dub,

SD_haze

t-dub said:
From their website: "Delivery includes: 1 pc. PLENTY hot air generator, 1 pc. vaporization unit, 3 pcs. normal screens, 1 pc. liquid pad, 1 pc. mouthpiece, 1 pc. tubing section (short), 1 pc. tubing section (long), 1 pc. cleaning brush, 1 pc. herb mill and 1 pc. instructions for use."

What do you guys think they mean by "liquid pad"?

t-dub
volcano-liquid-pads.png

SD_haze,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Ahhhh . . thank you Master Haze for enlightening me. Never used a Volcano but that makes sense for vaping concentrates/oils. I agree though, you could put a huge cordless drill battery on it and have a nice big charger for it to slide into and sell it at Home Depot. I like the looks of it. If it had been out when I was looking at my HerbalAire it would definitely have been a contender.

t-dub

t-dub,
MarcellusWiley said:
headiez247 said:

Why will it "in no way be better than the Volcano"?

Most people actually prefer direct-draw vapes to bag-only vapes like Volcanos too. I don't really get where you are coming from with this statement other than opinion.

Until someone in europe comes on this forum and reviews one, all we have is opinion.

It's gonna be around $330 US when it arrives here, so clearly they are going for the mid range market since the volcano is the most expensive out there.

They are obviously also going after the direct draw market (ballsy move since there are a bunch of good ones already).

So maybe I was being a little harsh. The main thing (as others have pointed out) is why they didn't design this thing to have a rechargeable battery in it.

Still, I'm sure it will sell well, it looks like it is well made and the air cooled stainless steel straw looks awesome

headiez247,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
Looks interesting but I really cant comment on speculation . I love to see the inards and how the bowl works , a video of the thing in action at least . Not much info out there except this kind of generic stuff

http://www.vaporizerreviewsource.com/plenty-vaporizer-review/

Personally the SS tube kills it for me, just reminds me too much of a hand held showerhead , I like a glass vapor path anyways . The thing looks like a portable air compressor .

Samsquanch,
Samsquanch said:
Looks interesting but I really cant comment on speculation . I love to see the inards and how the bowl works , a video of the thing in action at least . Not much info out there except this kind of generic stuff

http://www.vaporizerreviewsource.com/plenty-vaporizer-review/

Personally the SS tube kills it for me, just reminds me too much of a hand held showerhead , I like a glass vapor path anyways . The thing looks like a portable air compressor .

haha it totally does look like a showerhead. Although for some odd reason I sorta like it. I do also agree that the thing looks like air compressor that was just bought from Home Depot. But hey, coming from the makers of volcano, I'm gonna assume its gonna be legit until I try one out for myself.

Theres like nothing about this unit available online, i found the same review you did above. we'll see when it starts shipping to the usa I guess.

headiez247,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
headiez247 said:
So maybe I was being a little harsh. The main thing (as others have pointed out) is why they didn't design this thing to have a rechargeable battery in it.

Still, I'm sure it will sell well, it looks like it is well made and the air cooled stainless steel straw looks awesome

Agreed on the rechargable battery. It looks "hand-held" enough and that would really up the usability of the unit.

MarcellusWiley,
Top Bottom