• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Ispire Wand, enail&vaporizer

LesPlenty

Company Rep
PS I really wish this thread had a lot more about using it with dabs than vapcaps lol

I will repeat the same process (if I load a big enough dab or too big of a dab :uhoh: ) when everything cools off completely...if the first puff or 3 from the heat cycle is enough. If I want more after the vapor stops from the first heat cycle I will start the IH again with a double-tap but I will start pulling as soon as I see vapor escaping the carb cap and once the downstem turns milky enough I will triple tap to turn off the IH off so nothing gets scorched, repeat until the dab is done.

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor

I will repeat the same process (if I load a big enough dab or too big of a dab :uhoh: ) when everything cools off completely...if the first puff or 3 from the heat cycle is enough. If I want more after the vapor stops from the first heat cycle I will start the IH again with a double-tap but I will start pulling as soon as I see vapor escaping the carb cap and once the downstem turns milky enough I will triple tap to turn off the IH off so nothing gets scorched, repeat until the dab is done.
This is exactly how I use mine, I don't give a single look at the led but start to hit the rig when the vapor raise through the carb cap.

Texus

The click on the dynavap rules for temp control. The temp settings in the wand are more an estimate timer whilst dabbing than a temp indicator. Insert the DV as soon as the wand is on and wait for the click.
bingo. And placement of coil in Wand Chamber will certainly impact things.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Sneaky Pete just teased a glass Dynavap adapter for the Wand. It'll be great to be able to just lay the Wand on a table and drop in a DV.
Isn't there already a set of inserts available that let you decide how deep to set your DV? You could just insert the backwards to leave their Wand right side up on a table?

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Madri-Gal
Anyone happen to have a sticky brick and a Ispire Wand? I'm wondering if the flame intake on the brick could be swapped out for the banger / concentrate cup and effectively create way of using a sticky brick with an induction heater instead of a torch. Obviously the banger would need to be the right size to fit, but also not sure if the heated glass would heat the air enough.

I've just picked up a wand, and have been thinking about a brick as well, so am curious if this would work.

Adobewan

https://recommendedvapesupplies.co.uk/products/ispire-wand-induction-heater 120 quid and they also have 20% off at the moment which brings it down to GBP 96
@oddjobold Maybe try to cancel your order ?
That's two or three dollars more than Scott's current discount @VGOODIEZ, so VGOODIEZ may be a savings for CONUS members due to shipping.
I'm still shocked at the performance and ease of use for the low price of this unit. It's at the top of my daily devices(I need to update my signature, possibly shrink it so it doesn't eat up so much real estate every time I post.)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
@Adobewan There is an eye with a line through it in the header so you can change your signature to a 'Spoiler' tab and keep all your hard work signature!
also,bump,
@TommyDee can you check what amps it pulls on the concentrate cup...please?

TommyDee

Vaporitor
My supply only goes to 10 amps. I suspect it will rail the output. The cap pulled 5-1/4 amps. Remember this is a 2S arrangement which boosts the current requirement to meet the desired wattage. The cap ended up being 42 watts draw on 2S at around 8V. 80 watts at 8 volts is 10 amps.

Now you got me curious - next time I go in for data I'll see what I find. Have you tried a magnet test on the cups? The more magnetic they are the more power they will draw. If the cup seems immune to a magnet, it could be stainless steel for some odd reason; hang it on a string and see if a magnet will deflect it.

The operating range of the wand is similar to the standard ZVS circuit with a larger ID coil tuned for 2S. That section of the magic is fixed and easy to discern. The brains beyond that is another world. It could even have a crude power regulator if I interpreted the internal photos correctly. Impressive effort.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@LesPlenty - curiosity got the better of me. I reset the switch in my domestic version and now the EU version is open for analysis.

The concentrate cup pulls 8.3 amps at ~8V (I can only read one cell) and I am reading a power of 33.2W so double that to ~66 watts.
This confirms that the Wand is tuned approximately equivalent to a standard ZVS module running about 10.5-11V.
They are using a square wire for the coil to get the maximum copper density and least amount of heat rise.

51568515545_f1ffc2da37_b.jpg

badbee

@LesPlenty - curiosity got the better of me. I reset the switch in my domestic version and now the EU version is open for analysis.

The concentrate cup pulls 8.3 amps at ~8V (I can only read one cell) and I am reading a power of 33.2W so double that to ~66 watts.
This confirms that the Wand is tuned approximately equivalent to a standard ZVS module running about 10.5-11V.
They are using a square wire for the coil to get the maximum copper density and least amount of heat rise.

51568515545_f1ffc2da37_b.jpg
I salute your dedication to science my friend. I might need one of these on Black Friday.

Last edited:

Riik

bingo. And placement of coil in Wand Chamber will certainly impact things.
Indeed it does. I wonder if all wands are the same.
What works for me: facing the wand up, I insert the DV just as far as the cap, I tend to gently rest one of the grooves of the DV on the wand's glass rim. DV clicks [~5sec], inhale like milkshake. Repeat 2/3 times. If I go further in with the DV it can get too hot.
Once the DV is warm I also use the wand & DV together, works rather well if you know what you're doing.

Top Bottom