• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Hopper io

Vapinski

🎆The 🦗 io is two years old today. Working like new thanks to greatdistraction91 selling me a low mileage purple back end. Also got new batteries. Woohoo! 🎆🎇
io-8-22.jpg
Glad it’s working!!

Vapinski,
Reactions: JBone65

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I won't dwell on comparison, but Bowle is portable, if not easily pocketable. I take it in the car, out in the yard, etc., but not on a walk...
Most people rarely use the cup.
I believe it has the edge over io and TM in, as I said, flavor and cooling department.
Actually, we're lucky now to have several great post-hopper choices.

Yeah @Vaporific despite the form factor I think using the TB is a lot like a perfected version of the GH, hit for hit simplicity although you don't get the full temp range or portability, so I do think the TM2 will be more of an ideal substitute practically, but there is some other stuff on the horizon perhaps far away... For me, I thought the Hopper IO could replace the OG Thermovape, but honestly it was never as convenient, despite the flaw trade-offs, hopefully someone just buys their tech and does it better someday! Hell could you imagine xmax xlux with it??

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I officially disputed yesterday my HL battery order charge from early July. No issues doing so with my credit card company. I’m officially done with HL after 6 years. I won’t order anything else from them and let my current batch of working batteries go and wind down as long as they last. Then mothball all HL stuff. End of an era. I’m already looking into potential replacements which is more fun than attempting to deal with HL. :peace:

Looks like they are fully cooked, especially if they aren’t shipping anything….. and don’t want your money!

But …. they are #1 in my experience at…. WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Looks like they are fully cooked, especially if they aren’t shipping anything….. and don’t want your money!

But …. they are #1 in my experience at…. WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!
Caroline didn’t last that long as the initial customer service person, lol!

I greatly respect your and @Shit Snacks opinions and information over the years, in all seriousness (and many others too). Yeah, it F HL was sold and rose again from the ashes, er AVB :), I might consider something else from them. For now I think someone above got the last shipment of anything from them and I’ll just suffice with my existing batts, which should last me another year or so. I have other vapes but love portables. I’ll keep the Bowle in the back of my mind though I’m not sure I’d consider it. Indeed, the market is maturing and new vapes are coming out with frequency. Cheers! :peace:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Caroline didn’t last that long as the initial customer service person, lol!

I greatly respect your and @Shit Snacks opinions and information over the years, in all seriousness (and many others too). Yeah, it F HL was sold and rose again from the ashes, er AVB :), I might consider something else from them. For now I think someone above got the last shipment of anything from them and I’ll just suffice with my existing batts, which should last me another year or so. I have other vapes but love portables. I’ll keep the Bowle in the back of my mind though I’m not sure I’d consider it. Indeed, the market is maturing and new vapes are coming out with frequency. Cheers! :peace:

In terms of portable CONVECTION devices, I can live with the Tinymight OG & TM2, and recent Roffu. Occasionally play with the ModPod.

*** I would NEVER buy anything from these Grasshopper engineers, as they have ZERO RESPECT for their customers.

Vaporific

Have they been abducted by HL to keep their fancy secrets?
It’s the Hopper Files or Hopper Zone. Sort of like a black hole where nothing escapes.

I recently bought a gently used IO body to replace my original one (which I stupidly bent the heating chamber and circumference and I couldn’t get it trued). It’s been working well though not quite the same as my original. I’m contemplating completely soaking the body in ISO to see if it helps at all. I’ve not done this with my IO or OG and I don’t think I have anything to lose doing so. It’s been mentioned herein many times though not so much recently. As long as I let it dry enough it should be ok. I’ve cleaned my IO completely otherwise however the signature is a bit off and less impactful and powerful than my original IO body. To be continued… in the Hopper Zone. :peace:

JBone65

I've relied on various grasshoppers for almost 6 years. The new backend and battery are working great, but the writing is on the wall.

In the last few months I've started using the desktop session device every other day and have been making my own "edibles". Never cared for edibles until now, thought it was kinda wasteful. Turns out I enjoy a large gel cap stuffed with .3g of finely ground heat-treated weed with my coffee...

I was also finally able to order a Bamboo HI log for $99, as recommended by ShitSnacks. Should have that within a week. It's an electric one-hitter, so I'll probably wear out before it does.

Still use the io as well. Needless to say, my consumption rate is way up. The io is amazing for stretching a weed supply and getting by IMO, but that matters less with an inexpensive Okie stash.

Speaking of.... Mixed up an intense blend of Gelato 33 (1st pic), Lilac Diesel (2nd), Tropicana Cookies (3rd) and Skywalker.
Gelato-33-4-17-22.jpg

Lilac-Diesel-4-14-22.jpg

Tropicana-Cookies-7-22.jpg

Skywalker.jpg

Last edited:

Vaporific

It would have to be a locust! ;) :rofl:
…which means if not bigger, more reliable? Lol.

I never heard from HL about my battery order and the dispute with my credit card company went through in my favor - unless they ever contact HL (good luck!) and get a hold of them. Unless HL rises again, preferably with new ownership and backing, my Hoppers are on borrowed times with y remaining batts. It was a good run, could’ve been better though. :peace:

Vaporific

Haha definitely bigger too, part of the source of all the problems with the hopper is that stupid pen body :p :lol:
I think the two biggest issues with the Hopper is the propriety battery and propensity for stuff to accumulate behind the heater without a good way to clean it (unless you’re not faint of heart and soak the body frontend in ISO lest your even braver to take the heater out of the body, which is doable but you’ll likely break a retaining ring doing so). Other folks have had different issues (i.e. backend, and a couple of issues related to that too), but I think the battery and gunkiness behind the heater are the Achilles heels. :peace:

Vaporific,
Reactions: Casualt

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I think the two biggest issues with the Hopper is the propriety battery and propensity for stuff to accumulate behind the heater without a good way to clean it (unless you’re not faint of heart and soak the body frontend in ISO lest your even braver to take the heater out of the body, which is doable but you’ll likely break a retaining ring doing so). Other folks have had different issues (i.e. backend, and a couple of issues related to that too), but I think the battery and gunkiness behind the heater are the Achilles heels. :peace:

Yeah, but I think that's all related to the stupid pen design, if it didn't have to be that tiny, if it didn't have to have that complicated clicker, if the chamber could be removable... It would be better if they didn't limit themselves with the pen form factor :tup:

Casualt

OK i have a hopper IO on the way and I would like to make it last as long as it can. What are the dos and don’ts from your experiences? I have 3 batteries total. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

Last edited:
Casualt,

Vaporific

Yeah, but I think that's all related to the stupid pen design, if it didn't have to be that tiny, if it didn't have to have that complicated clicker, if the chamber could be removable... It would be better if they didn't limit themselves with the pen form factor :tup:
I never had an issue with the clicker or backend at all. I know some others had one of a couple of issues with it. I never thought the clicker was problematic. Removable chamber would be a good idea on a wider body (think cigar diameter, which would of course hold a common 18650 - go figure). I’ve always loved the general form factor and size - and ease of use. It was a good idea, poorly executed (and quality control and bumbling operations and supply chain issues which caught up with them and bit them in the butt. It was good and fun while it lasted and the vape worked - as long as you have batteries, lol. :peace:

Vaporific,

JBone65

OK i have a hopper IO on the way and I would like to make it last as long as it can. What are the dos and don’ts from your experiences? I have 3 batteries total. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advance.
It's a learning experience. The slim design creates multiple potential air flow restriction points. The very fine screen in the tip and the small tip opening will get gummed up with sticky brown resin before you learn how to clean it. It all comes down to frequent cleanings with ISO, including soaking the mouthpiece and using Q-tips and toothpicks very gently to clean the interior, including the side of the MP screen you can't see.

Note how freely you can draw air thru it when new. Keep it clean enough to draw air freely the same way at all times. Also you learn how to look thru the MP and thru the intake ports at a bright light. You will be able to see a difference (less light) when it's getting plugged. Also the hits will seem less enjoyable or frustrating if you fall into that trap.

Last edited:

Vaporific

Regardless of build quality I think it is a very annoying ass button in an on-demand vape
Point well taken. Perhaps a kinder, gentler button would be better. I’ve never had an issue with it and it also avails itself to easy one-handed operation. :peace:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Funny to see debate about how well the clicker works and questions about how to best care for a hopper to keep it running, when I look at it as a virtually obsolete/unavailable/failed product.

However, truth be told I did purchase (reasonably!) a very nice io last week, figured what-the-heck I have some batteries (even 3 new ones).

I came across a random old @Delta3DStudios silicone adapter (a piece of silicone tubing also can work) that I put on the io's pfe and it then mates pretty easily to a Taffee Bowle stem (I'm using the tall stem for this). Hits are lucious, thick and very cool with this stem (one of the genius parts of the Bowle, imo).

p.s.
Aside from the failures, I think the clicker has always required too much force to click! :horse:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Funny to see debate about how well the clicker works and questions about how to best care for a hopper to keep it running, when I look at it as a virtually obsolete/unavailable/failed product.

However, truth be told I did purchase (reasonably!) a very nice io last week, figured what-the-heck I have some batteries (even 3 new ones).

I came across a random old @Delta3DStudios silicone adapter (a piece of silicone tubing also can work) that I put on the io's pfe and it then mates pretty easily to a Taffee Bowle stem (I'm using the tall stem for this). Hits are lucious, thick and very cool with this stem (one of the genius parts of the Bowle, imo).

p.s.
Aside from the failures, I think the clicker has always required too much force to click! :horse:

I love it! I've seen a few people modding various vaporizers using my Silicone WPA's in ways never originally intended. That's the fun part about the soft pliable rubber I use on many of my adapters - some of them are very soft and easy to form an air-tight seal with devices and parts.

Earlier this week someone else showed me a video using a Mighty v3 WPA with some other desktop injection vaporizer (if I recall correctly) for enhanced performance. I can't keep up with all the tech - it's insane.

Also I'm still lost why Hopper labs folded.... did anyone acquire the tech before they went out of business? That is such a shame because their 3D printed heat exchanger technology had real potential to change the industry..... if only they hadn't over-complicated the rest of the design! I still have my original Stainless Steel Grasshopper which works - but the batteries are dead

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Earlier this week someone else showed me a video using a Mighty v3 WPA with some other desktop injection vaporizer (if I recall correctly) for enhanced performance. I can't keep up with all the tech - it's insane.

Also I'm still lost why Hopper labs folded.... did anyone acquire the tech before they went out of business? That is such a shame because their 3D printed heat exchanger technology had real potential to change the industry..... if only they hadn't over-complicated the rest of the design! I still have my original Stainless Steel Grasshopper which works - but the batteries are dead
Ha! before I found the adapter in the photo, I had used one of your Mighty wpa's (with part of the tip snipped off!). That one allowed me to mate the Mighty up to the Taffee stem. Or, with its screen removed I could shove the io into it, to work with the Bowle stem.

Hopper Labs is simply and totally m.i.a.; we don't really know if they have played their last cards or not.

I have been thinking of reaching out to you about an adapter for the Bowle stem to function as my photo shows, but one where the inlet is a 14mm inlet, for any vapes' wpa to match up to. Would be nice if something could lock into the Bowle stem allowing then easy in/out of a vape.

The Stem is much like a metal j-hook, it just needs the 14 mm inlet to be easy to use and more universal.
Time for your thinking cap? Here, pick one... :sherlock: :party: :tinfoil: :zzz:

Top Bottom