Discontinued Hopper io

tryingtowin

WOW..I see how those who had bad service and consistent faulty units would be done. If there's a new design I'll gladly buy in and take it for a spin😁

tryingtowin,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
WOW..I see how those who had bad service and consistent faulty units would be done. If there's a new design I'll gladly buy in and take it for a spin😁
That is only part of the problem.
Over HL's 7 years, 2 failed products and years of ghosting about those, there is no magic wand that will cause me to throw in with this team until I see a working, successful, desirable product with a proven track record. That will take some time.
These guys make "Made in the USA" an embarrassment.

Remember the Stainless Steel Case!! and the Fast Charger! 15min to charge 3 batteries!!?!?!! Send money today!!

felvapes

That is only part of the problem.
Over HL's 7 years, 2 failed products and years of ghosting about those, there is no magic wand that will cause me to throw in with this team until I see a working, successful, desirable product with a proven track record. That will take some time.
These guys make "Made in the USA" an embarrassment.

Remember the Stainless Steel Case!! and the Fast Charger! 15min to charge 3 batteries!!?!?!! Send money today!!
I am so glad I got my money back for the charger and steel case long before the final fall

What a thieving bunch of #'@($-

They would have to make and long prove an amazing product - and then offer us all one to replace our lifetime warranty units that have no batteries to even power them IF they still work

JBone65

It amazes me that people can get so wound up over a cheap device.

I'll be surprised if the new version is better than an io in terms of hit quality, efficiency, stealthiness or ruggedness. It will be interesting to see whether or not they deviate from the metal pen design and still find a way to keep these qualities. Hopefully they will make it easier to clean and maintain. The new device should be sold "as is" it with a limited warranty just like other vapes. I can live with the proprietary batteries and other quirks.

felvapes

I'll be surprised if the new version is better than an io in terms of hit quality, efficiency, stealthiness or ruggedness. It will be interesting to see whether or not they deviate from the metal pen design and still find a way to keep these qualities. Hopefully they will make it easier to clean and maintain. The new device should be sold "as is" it with a limited warranty just like other vapes. I can live with the proprietary batteries and other quirks.
Lol
The improvement on the IO will be one that doesn't break
I want the warranty, especially with a shit device

Your logic is baffling
I hope the company goes away
There's too many of these failed companies trying to rinse the vaping consumer over and over with new iterations of themselves
Check monarx/source vapes for another example lol

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
It ain’t cheap. New units are close to the top pricing tier for new portable vapes. HL has treated many like crap. They were overwhelmed from the beginning and success, if you call it’s that, was fleeting at best for some customers; many others not so much. If you’re lucky enough to have currently working Hoppers - and viable batteries - then you’re lucky, otherwise your SOL and they’re paperweights by now. HL failed in many areas and restoring customer trust will be difficult - and there will be old customers telling new ones to stay away from whatever re-tooling initiative they’re conjuring up. Maybe I’ll buy a battery or two if they even become available but make no mistake, I won’t buy another vape or significant product from them. They could’ve run the business and their customer service better but they were too gung ho vaping all the profits or whatever cash flow they had. Poor choices were made and now they’re ‘beneath, between and behind’. :peace:

JBone65

All I said was that it amazes me that so many folks feel compelled to waste time raging and campaigning against HL. It's just a small Colorado company engaged in free enterprise competition. They fucked up before. Maybe they learned from their mistakes, maybe they didn't. Who cares either way? I just hope it somehow results in better vape performance overall.

fretless

I was a long-time happy GH user. Had the original, then purchased an IO, which still works pretty well. Three years ago I ordered a battery charger from them. They took the money, did not send the item. Would not respond to my emails or any inquiry. I wrote it off.

Many months later I ordered a spare back end. They took my money. They never sent it. Again, no response to ANY inquiry.

Neither of these items was particularly expensive. But I refuse to be a fool a third time. And no, I don't waste any time raging and campaigning against them. You want to send them your money, it's your business, I don't care..

vapviking

Old & In the Way
All I said was that it amazes me that so many folks feel compelled to waste time raging and campaigning against HL.
I post in a bunch of vape threads here on FC. This is the only one I wind up bitching on.
Its not so much a personal vendetta, for me FC is about community and I do feel somewhat compelled to warn my compatriots here that there are problems with Hopper Labs; my experience is they are unethical and produce a crappy product. (I've had 7 hoppers and have spent well over $1,000 at HL's store over the years.)
@JBone65 your sentence here tends to confirm that there are SO MANY FOLKS who have had bad experiences with HL.
Neither of these items was particularly expensive. But I refuse to be a fool a third time. And no, I don't waste any time raging and campaigning against them. You want to send them your money, it's your business, I don't care..
Thanks for your input. Care to tell us what vape(s) you use rather than hoppers? My current fav is the Bowle.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I have a Hopper io Ti set up with batteries as well as 10 brand new batteries, where can I sell it all? I’m not allowed to post in the Classifieds here because I haven’t interacted within the community enough.

Interact more with the community and post in the classifieds! I just gave you a like, so you're off to a start, just continue and contribute!! Otherwise check out other threads where this has been asked already

JBone65

I have a Hopper io Ti set up with batteries as well as 10 brand new batteries, where can I sell it all? I’m not allowed to post in the Classifieds here because I haven’t interacted within the community enough.
Someone was asking where he could get some batteries just a few days ago if you read back a little. You might get more if you sell it piecemeal.

Here an interesting pic of the clicker guts. Everything depends on a plastic retractable writing pen clicker. I can see why my last one failed after only around 10,000 clicks. They just don't make portable vaporizers like they used to.... Oh well, the new used clicker is working fine, the bulk of my io is in it's 25th month.
Screenshot-20221010-233226.png

Vapinski

Someone was asking where he could get some batteries just a few days ago if you read back a little. You might get more if you sell it piecemeal.

Hear an interesting pic of the clicker guts. Everything depends on a plastic retractable writing pen clicker. I can see why my last one failed after only around 10,000 clicks. They just don't make portable vaporizers like they used to.... Oh well, the new used clicker is working fine, the bulk of my io is in its 25th month.
Screenshot-20221010-233226.png
Thank you, I’ll look into that. Wow, the mechanics on that thing are insane. Seems overly complicated to emulate the clicking of a pen.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Vaporific.ca is making a name change and adding a US site, new name Chosty.
I notice they are still selling Grasshopper batteries...

felvapes

Vaporific.ca is making a name change and adding a US site, new name Chosty.
I notice they are still selling Grasshopper batteries...
Gee, that web layout looks awfully familiar.....

felvapes,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Austyn has what is an attachment to make the Simrell a mouthpiece for the Mighty, and I found that if you put the right size o-ring at the base of the mighty attachment, it allows it to fit snugly with the PFE cap as shown in the pictures.

@greatdistraction91

I now have all the MVS shorter parts including the titanium Mighty MP adapter.

Do you recall what size orings fit the Simrell adapter so it connects to the PFE GH IO MP, or maybe the device that had spare orings?
Thanks!

RustyOldNail,
Top Bottom