Discontinued Hopper io

slozukimc

Try grain alcohol if you can find it. I couldn’t find ISO earlier this year and bought a bottle of grain to clean my vape toys. Works very well - and you can dump it down the drain (with just a little guilt over spilling and wasting alcohol, lol). :peace:

EDIT: I try to avoid dumping ISO down the drain.
Why avoid dumping one sort of alcohol over another down the drain?

slozukimc,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Why avoid dumping one sort of alcohol over another down the drain?

From Wikipedia;
In 1920, Standard Oil first produced isopropyl alcohol by hydrating propene (propane).

Ethanol (grain alcohol) is naturally produced by the fermentation of sugars by yeasts or via petrochemical processes such as ethylene hydration.

Wiki also says ethanol can be produced via petrochemical processes such as ethylene hydration but I think the version of ethanol you can drink is that probably that first method. Seems friendlier in a lot of ways.
This represents about the sum total of my expertise on the topic (I googled it...).

vapviking,
Reactions: Vaporific

slozukimc

From Wikipedia;
In 1920, Standard Oil first produced isopropyl alcohol by hydrating propene (propane).

Ethanol (grain alcohol) is naturally produced by the fermentation of sugars by yeasts or via petrochemical processes such as ethylene hydration.

Wiki also says ethanol can be produced via petrochemical processes such as ethylene hydration but I think the version of ethanol you can drink is that probably that first method. Seems friendlier in a lot of ways.
This represents about the sum total of my expertise on the topic (I googled it...).
I don’t think that answers my question unless I am just too baked to catch on.......seems either one is just going to evaporate and leave behind some water....

slozukimc,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
For general interest,
I have a ss io on order for about 9 days and finally inquired over the weekend. I had originally been told it would ship early last week.
Just got a response with a track #, it should be going out today.

I don’t think that answers my question unless I am just too baked to catch on.......seems either one is just going to evaporate and leave behind some water....
Maybe, eventually, but in the drain it is diluted and will not 'just evaporate' for quite some time.
Lots say it is okay for small quantities down the drain, but I think that's from the perspective that it won't hurt your plumbing.
Some say it can impede the process that they're trying to achieve on down at the sewage treatment plant...
Others call it hazardous waste.

I guess if one is inclined to give the benefit of the doubt to the environment, it's probably good practice to not send it down the drain.
I justify doing it in the 'small' quantities that I do, which is maybe a little over a pint spread over a year's time.
For purely superstitious (ie, unscientific) reasons, when I have some to dump, I add some dish soap, lots of water, then send it down.

@Vaporific was good to point this out, I obviously found it worth knowing a little more about it than I did an hour or so ago. I'll bet there's already an FC thread all about it...somewhere...:hmm:

slozukimc

For general interest,
I have a ss io on order for about 9 days and finally inquired over the weekend. I had originally been told it would ship early last week.

Maybe, eventually, but in the drain it is diluted and will not 'just evaporate' for quite some time.
Lots say it is okay for small quantities down the drain, but I think that's from the perspective that it won't hurt your plumbing.
Some say it can impede the process that they're trying to achieve on down at the sewage treatment plant...

I guess if one is inclined to give the benefit of the doubt to the environment, it's probably good practice to not send it down the drain.
I justify doing it in the 'small' quantities that I do, which is maybe a little over a pint spread over a year's time.
For purely superstitious (ie, unscientific) reasons, when I have some to dump, I add some dish soap, lots of water, then send it down.

@Vaporific was good to point this out, I obviously found it worth knowing a little more about it than I did an hour or so ago. I'll bet there's already an FC thread all about it...somewhere...:hmm:
I can certainly see that in a health of the septic system standpoint. So maybe it is best that no alcohol go down there?

slozukimc,

jabba

HL had gotten back to me and informed me that I solved the issue!
Full review for the stainless steel IO tomorrow!

I'm confused....albeit happy for you. Glad that you solved your own issue!

I hadn't meant to sound defamatory in my reply to your initial 'issue'. To me it seems that the Hopper posts have fallen only to negativity, customer service issues, device problems, etc. etc......with rarely a poster with something positive to say about the device or the maker(s). This runs entirely contrary to my experiences....and I don't intend to belittle others who indeed do have real issues with their devices. I do realize, know, and understand that many out there have had repeated problems with their Hoppers.

This said: These are somewhat complex devices....small....powerful. They do require some degree of care to keep them in tip-top shape. They should not be abused, dropped, over-worked etc. They should be kept clean. If you turn something and it feels difficult...back off. Don't tighten anything tighter than necessary. If it feels too hot to the touch....let it cool down prior to proceeding....yadda yadda...obvious obvious...etc. etc. I wouldn't think that you (or anyone) would purposefully abuse the Hopper and thus 'get back' what you had 'put in'. Surely, however, this does happen on occasion.

As a Hopper owner who is generally clean, neat, and somewhat OCD....I've had almost no real 'issues'. Perhaps it is something in the way that I treat the device...or perhaps it is my dumb luck.

I'm very happy to see that you apparently got your new device up and running properly and that HL customer service was helpful. These are bits of uplifting good news. May your uplifting continue on and on.

jabba,
Reactions: mephisto

DryBonesufo

I'm confused....albeit happy for you. Glad that you solved your own issue!

I hadn't meant to sound defamatory in my reply to your initial 'issue'. To me it seems that the Hopper posts have fallen only to negativity, customer service issues, device problems, etc. etc......with rarely a poster with something positive to say about the device or the maker(s). This runs entirely contrary to my experiences....and I don't intend to belittle others who indeed do have real issues with their devices. I do realize, know, and understand that many out there have had repeated problems with their Hoppers.

This said: These are somewhat complex devices....small....powerful. They do require some degree of care to keep them in tip-top shape. They should not be abused, dropped, over-worked etc. They should be kept clean. If you turn something and it feels difficult...back off. Don't tighten anything tighter than necessary. If it feels too hot to the touch....let it cool down prior to proceeding....yadda yadda...obvious obvious...etc. etc. I wouldn't think that you (or anyone) would purposefully abuse the Hopper and thus 'get back' what you had 'put in'. Surely, however, this does happen on occasion.

As a Hopper owner who is generally clean, neat, and somewhat OCD....I've had almost no real 'issues'. Perhaps it is something in the way that I treat the device...or perhaps it is my dumb luck.

I'm very happy to see that you apparently got your new device up and running properly and that HL customer service was helpful. These are bits of uplifting good news. May your uplifting continue on and on.
Yeah I think I def over tightening the front end lol. But yes so fucking glad that I fixed my Own issue. I’ve had paxs, davinci, Airvape, mighty, crafty, fury’s, Tera, DynaVaps. Arizers. This unit is the most convenient and the most discreet out of all them. Strong potent clouds, new batteries last me about 4-5 chambers. Def worth the buy

slozukimc

Yeah I think I def over tightening the front end lol. But yes so fucking glad that I fixed my Own issue. I’ve had paxs, davinci, Airvape, mighty, crafty, fury’s, Tera, DynaVaps. Arizers. This unit is the most convenient and the most discreet out of all them. Strong potent clouds, new batteries last me about 4-5 chambers. Def worth the buy
I just threw a new battery and a fresh pack in the IO. Stuck it in the top of my just arrived today Sneaky Pete Mega Globe and hit it for all it’s worth. The IO promptly filled the globe and my lungs to maximum capacity and then some. Holy shit! I stand by what I said before about not being able to overpower the IO heater. No way, no how. Amazing for a portable of any size let alone as tiny as the IO.

DelaSheck

For general interest,

Did you get your shipping notification? I did a trade in for the IO on Dec 2 and it's still saying in progress. I am going to email them today about it.

Herbie Hancock

The 60 Second Assasin
I impulsively purchased on 11/24
On Monday it still said in progress. I asked them to cancel it. I paid for faster shipping... lol why? Obviously I felt it was in stock and ready to ship upon my ordering it. I had a momentary lapse in judgment giving this company another shot. Hopefully my cancellation goes through without incident.

Herbie Hancock,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Did you get your shipping notification? I did a trade in for the IO on Dec 2 and it's still saying in progress. I am going to email them today about it.
In general, they don't send out shipping notifications, you have to keep going back (pita), looking at your invoice to see if shipping information (tracking #) is posted. And in my experience, they don't put the info there until the package has physically left the building.

Yesterday morning, when they told me it was "ready to ship" and would "go out shortly," they did give me a tracking number (to reassure me?).
This morning I gave a look and the info is not yet on the invoice. The tracking indicates that the label was created on Dec. 7th.
I'm sure it will come, just not quite sure when, about par for the course.

lisifi

I ordered mine on 30 nov, and my shipment tracking ID popped up (on my order details page) on 12 dec, and it's now "en route" :)

After checking the details on usps.com, i saw that the USPS shipping label was created on 30 nov (date of purchase), and the package was picked up by USPS on 10 dec; The tracking ID popped up on site on 12 dec ...

so if that gives you a bit of a timeframe ...

edit: i also sent them some remarks on 02 dec, got a response on 03 dec ... (mail)

DryBonesufo

On Monday it still said in progress. I asked them to cancel it. I paid for faster shipping... lol why? Obviously I felt it was in stock and ready to ship upon my ordering it. I had a momentary lapse in judgment giving this company another shot. Hopefully my cancellation goes through without incident.
Should have ordered from Vgoodiez!

jabba

I'm not defending any Shipper(s) here.....BUT....I ordered a box mod on Black Friday and it took about 13 days to get from the Midwest to the Midwest via USPS. It sat in Michigan for 6-7 days according to the tracking. Things are moving VERY slowly.....pandemic buying....holidays...online shopping....vaccine....weather. The perfect shipping storm. There must be a USPS, UPS, FedEx, or Amazon truck driving down my block each and every hour these days lol.

We are in a pandemic during the holiday rush. I'm trying to give everyone/anyone a bit more leeway these days.....and hope others will do same for me.

Now as far as you having paid for rush shipping?....ya....obviously....change that asap lol. The Shipper(s) really could/should acknowledge that conflict conundrum if they do not intend to actually ship the product promptly.

Last edited:

DelaSheck

In general, they don't send out shipping notifications, you have to keep going back (pita), looking at your invoice to see if shipping information (tracking #) is posted. And in my experience, they don't put the info there until the package has physically left the building.

Yesterday morning, when they told me it was "ready to ship" and would "go out shortly," they did give me a tracking number (to reassure me?).
This morning I gave a look and the info is not yet on the invoice. The tracking indicates that the label was created on Dec. 7th.
I'm sure it will come, just not quite sure when, about par for the course.
I now have a tracking number on my order page for Friday delivery. I'm sure it will be a bit longer due to the holidays and the storm coming to the Boston area tomorrow night. I don't mind the wait just happy to see it shipping. I am looking forward to seeing the differences fro the OG to the IO.

Mr. Me2

To continue the gh shipping info, a friend of mine ordered a ss gh during the sale. He had the same experience as some here; listed as “in progress” on the site.

To make a long story short, his gh (with extra ordered batteries) arrived today.

And the moral of the story is - you might find a pleasant surprise in your mailbox today (or very soon). At least I hope so...

jabba

@jabba, the last several posts are from three folks whose orders have no yet left HL. These have nothing to do with shipping 'slowdowns'.

omg, I don't want to have to go back to the Shipping Thread!
Yup....I know....I know and I hear ya. I still am in favor of some leniency during these pandemic holiday crazy mayhem times. We are a demanding bunch these days....we order....we want our tracking...we want it delivered within 4 days. I'm no different. Hopefully some Hoppers will deliver in the near future...with or without updates from Hopper Labs....to abate some of the angst.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I'm sure it will be a bit longer due to the holidays and the storm coming to the Boston area tomorrow night.
Not looking forward to shoveling - again (it will be the 3rd time this month). I’m in the Boston area. At least I’ll have my IO inside my jacket pocket keeping it warm and toking on it during the fun (not). I’ve already begun planning my exodus from the Northeast where I’ve lived my entire life to somewhere warm.

I may order an extra or two cleaning vials. I have one but those are a great size for cleaning or flower storage. It will also fit my Tinymight short stem and I’m tired of using baggies that drip ISO. One for the stem and one for the cooling unit parts, and of course for cleaning the Hopper frontends (I have an OG and IO).

I still think HL needs to shore up its internal tracking and operations from the recent posts above about folks’ order status. My PFE which I got over a year ago still shows In Progress. Yeesch. :peace:

scion34

I liked my broken Ti unit so much I ordered 2 more SS units during the sale. My mother also ordered one as well. 2 of the three SS that were ordered around the same time shipped within a couple days, my last remaining SS had a label created on the 2nd that just now got picked up from USPS today. Hopper Labs also responded to my open warranty request this past weekend, rather than send my unit in for repair they’re just gonna swap out the units with a new replacement, so a good resolution there as well; albeit a tad slow.

I’ve spent more than I care to admit on vaporizers over the years. The Hopper has dethroned them all and I would be very upset and distraught without a Hopper in my daily life. I carry with a Hubble Bubble from DT and honestly wonder how it could get any better.
:rockon:

jabba

Not looking forward to shoveling - again (it will be the 3rd time this month). I’m in the Boston area. At least I’ll have my IO inside my jacket pocket keeping it warm and toking on it during the fun (not). I’ve already begun planning my exodus from the Northeast where I’ve lived my entire life to somewhere warm.

I may order an extra or two cleaning vials. I have one but those are a great size for cleaning or flower storage. It will also fit my Tinymight short stem and I’m tired of using baggies that drip ISO. One for the stem and one for the cooling unit parts, and of course for cleaning the Hopper frontends (I have an OG and IO).

I still think HL needs to shore up its internal tracking and operations from the recent posts above about folks’ order status. My PFE which I got over a year ago still shows In Progress. Yeesch. :peace:

Yup looks like Boston will get some inches. It got real cold here in the midwest for the first time this season....it took longer than usual to feel like winter thankfully....but winter is now most def upon me. My 15 year old snow-blower proved crappy last year....so shovel here I come. Ughhh. I'm getting too old for this crap. Exodus to somewhere warm?.....good for you....life is short.....enjoy yourself a bit. For me....I'm stuck where the income is as a self employed shlub. I wonder if Amazon will sell me a shovel lol.

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
:cheers: Happy Anniversary to Me :cheers:

Today is the 7th Anniversary of my ordering a Ti Case for my Grasshopper, but still have nothing in my hands.

Seven years and it still is not a reality. I see that they are taking "pre-orders" for stainless steel cases that will be "available soon".

"Soon" in HL time may take place near the event horizon of a black hole, where time slows waayyy down.

Anyway...I come on this thread once a year to "celebrate" the anniversaries.

I wonder how many more I'll need to celebrate...?? Hmmmm?

jabba

:cheers: Happy Anniversary to Me :cheers:

Today is the 7th Anniversary of my ordering a Ti Case for my Grasshopper, but still have nothing in my hands.

Seven years and it still is not a reality. I see that they are taking "pre-orders" for stainless steel cases that will be "available soon".

"Soon" in HL time may take place near the event horizon of a black hole, where time slows waayyy down.

Anyway...I come on this thread once a year to "celebrate" the anniversaries.

I wonder how many more I'll need to celebrate...?? Hmmmm?
You mean that you didn't get the case specified to have been included in your indieagogo campaign order?

Or are you saying that you placed an order specifically for a case seven years ago and HL stole your money and ignores you?

Confused

jabba,
Reactions: Shrike

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
^^^ I was part of the initial Indiegogo campaign. When I ordered my 'Hopper at that time, I also put in an order for the Ti Case that they were going to offer.

Got my 'Hopper...still waiting on the case. They will NOT refund the initial campaign participants, as that goes against the "rules" we all agreed to.

So...I can do nothing but wait..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Top Bottom