Discontinued Hopper io

vapepilot

my Ti GH og died yesterday after 4 years, i had recently purchased 3 new batteries and managed to pull some big clouds like the old times (my old batteries would not let me) but as said, it is now gone, goes red and then switches off.
i have been offered to trade in for 80 bucks time ago but i am in EU and shipping will cost just under 30.
i will keep it and i have ordered a SS io this time, not sure what i can do with a dead GH, i have a Ti Front end will it match with the SS? i did not even check if they have stock i could not go to sleep without a GH plan in my life.
wow congrats. when all my Hoppers io live and works good for 4 years in using then i am very very happy

yes the frontends from the OG fits in the io. and the titanium fits too in the SS

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Well, I had given up on a recent attempt to score another io, but HL did respond to my inquiry (8 days hence, and after the sale was over) and it's all working out great, so far.

see EDIT[I'll get the sale price on io and 2 x $80 discounts for the 2 og's I'm exchanging (both ti, one working fine, one not so well). Yesterday I posted them, with chargers, back to home base and soon I'll have io #2, for out of pocket outlay <$40.]
EDIT; HL has processed my discounts to the cart. Seems backward that they applied the sale 25% discount after the exchange credits and not before, but I'm over it already. So my outlay is a little under $80, not $40 as I had hoped. Onward.
I'm feeling pretty good about this, HL has handled this transition in a solid way, in my case and in general. It just took a while...

Other than a 2016 Grasshopper that my daughter lost(?) -- this will mean the complete turnover of my 'fleet' of 4 Grasshoppers to 2 io's. My concerns, when they announced the io as a new product, had to do with being left behind by HL.
Now, I feel that I've been given more than ample opportunity to continue on the ride with them.

btw, my current favorite use is native, with pfe and a simple 14mm female/18mm male glass adapter, it's kinda like the shortest j-hook imaginable...
I bought 2 on Amazon for 9 bucks and they came in a little zippered case! arrived next day. Crazy.
I had been using a pfe and metal drip tip, with temp setting at ~2.7 on io. Now I'm up to 3.2 with the glass adapter, still quite comfortable, for me.
If this were an og Grasshopper, those settings would be closer to about 3.7 and 4.2, respectively.

Last edited:

Momor

After a few years lurking at the OG Hopper, then the io, i finally bought it on sale + 3 batteries. I'm quite excited to get it !
My order is still "in progress" since 11/27, do you guys think that's normal or is it possible they kind of missed my order ?
i wrote to them but as they say it cantake a few days for an answer i thought i could ask for your opinion/experience
Just to follow up on this, i had a reply from HL in less than 24h (i was pleasantly surprised), saying they were a few days behind due to the sale/holyday rush and covid. Now i just have to patiently wait :tup:

JoeKickass

Possible fix to the clicker light issue:

I used a bulb duster like this: https://www.amazon.com/Giottos-AA1910-Medium-Rocket-Blaster/dp/B000L9OIQC

I blew in all the crevices in the backend, inside and out. Then held the clicker down and blew all in the space that opened up, so far no random turn on's! Will keep you guys updated.

I'm hoping it was just a bit of metal dust or something that was cleaned out.

nonbeliever

my Ti GH og died yesterday after 4 years, i had recently purchased 3 new batteries and managed to pull some big clouds like the old times (my old batteries would not let me) but as said, it is now gone, goes red and then switches off.
i have been offered to trade in for 80 bucks time ago but i am in EU and shipping will cost just under 30.
i will keep it and i have ordered a SS io this time, not sure what i can do with a dead GH, i have a Ti Front end will it match with the SS? i did not even check if they have stock i could not go to sleep without a GH plan in my life.
when they were working, I have mixed and matched Ti and SS OG parts to maintain a working unit.

vapepilot

yesterday I had very, very light ABV 2-3 times in a row on my SS, and it was not very dark as always.

Fortunately, when I cleaned my herb chamber with isopropanol, it was gone. :)

MonkeyTime

Well, I had given up on a recent attempt to score another io, but HL did respond to my inquiry (8 days hence, and after the sale was over) and it's all working out great, so far.

see EDIT[I'll get the sale price on io and 2 x $80 discounts for the 2 og's I'm exchanging (both ti, one working fine, one not so well). Yesterday I posted them, with chargers, back to home base and soon I'll have io #2, for out of pocket outlay <$40.]
EDIT; HL has processed my discounts to the cart. Seems backward that they applied the sale 25% discount after the exchange credits and not before, but I'm over it already. So my outlay is a little under $80, not $40 as I had hoped. Onward.
I'm feeling pretty good about this, HL has handled this transition in a solid way, in my case and in general. It just took a while...

Other than a 2016 Grasshopper that my daughter lost(?) -- this will mean the complete turnover of my 'fleet' of 4 Grasshoppers to 2 io's. My concerns, when they announced the io as a new product, had to do with being left behind by HL.
Now, I feel that I've been given more than ample opportunity to continue on the ride with them.

btw, my current favorite use is native, with pfe and a simple 14mm female/18mm male glass adapter, it's kinda like the shortest j-hook imaginable...
I bought 2 on Amazon for 9 bucks and they came in a little zippered case! arrived next day. Crazy.
I had been using a pfe and metal drip tip, with temp setting at ~2.7 on io. Now I'm up to 3.2 with the glass adapter, still quite comfortable, for me.
If this were an og Grasshopper, those settings would be closer to about 3.7 and 4.2, respectively.
I sure hope I get the same offer, I'll be all over it!

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I sure hope I get the same offer, I'll be all over it!
I never heard back from HL about trading in my working OG Hopper for a new one. Was hoping to take advantage of their recent promo code/discount too. Oh well. Either they’re too busy or selectively answering whom they want, or both. No matter, I’ve got my eyes on another vape I don’t already own and need to exhibit even more patience with that one than with HLs reply or lack thereof. My IO continues to run well 3+ months so I guess I’ll leave it at that unless I need batteries down the road (not any time soon though). :peace:

jabba

I never heard back from HL about trading in my working OG Hopper for a new one. Was hoping to take advantage of their recent promo code/discount too. Oh well. Either they’re too busy or selectively answering whom they want, or both. No matter, I’ve got my eyes on another vape I don’t already own and need to exhibit even more patience with that one than with HLs reply or lack thereof. My IO continues to run well 3+ months so I guess I’ll leave it at that unless I need batteries down the road (not any time soon though). :peace:
I also requested the combined $80 trade in and Black Friday deal via email to customer support. I did hear back from them on Wednesday stating "I will need to get permission to combine these discounts....typically not allowed....let me see what I can do". I have not heard back from them since...and that is OK.

It is clear that HL has limited customer service resources. I am glad that they (seem) very busy and I hope that they have a lot of success. I am not angry that they aren't jumping all over themselves to combine discounts per my request...I certainly understand. In fact.....I'm not entirely sure that I wish to spend MORE money on Hoppers....already owning a new SS io and an OG Ti in barely used and fully functioning condition.

This weekend I read so many other threads on FC where vape manufacturers are being berated for their poor customer service...it seems that either (a) Hopper Labs is not alone or (b) FC is full of very demanding customers. Either way...I continue to marvel at the usefulness of the Hoppers and wouldn't trade mine for any other vape on the market today. Is it the best vape?....I dunno if it is the universally best vape....but it certainly is the best portable for my specific (native out and about) uses.

someTooL

Received my SS io to accompany the Ti.

For the most part it was spotless. The MP had a residue and a corrosion spot inside that couldn’t be cleaned. All good for me as the corrosion spot doesn’t seem to bother performance.

I did a side by side with same grind, strain, etc. For me, I could notice the difference immediately. The Ti was a much hotter hit at the same settings. This is not saying the SS is disappointing. Using without filtration I would reach for the SS. The SS and Ti seemed to produce the same experience using water filtration at 4-5. The dial is also a lot smoother on my SS too.

DelaSheck

I also requested the combined $80 trade in and Black Friday deal via email to customer support. I did hear back from them on Wednesday stating "I will need to get permission to combine these discounts....typically not allowed....let me see what I can do". I have not heard back from them since...and that is OK.

It is clear that HL has limited customer service resources. I am glad that they (seem) very busy and I hope that they have a lot of success. I am not angry that they aren't jumping all over themselves to combine discounts per my request...I certainly understand. In fact.....I'm not entirely sure that I wish to spend MORE money on Hoppers....already owning a new SS io and an OG Ti in barely used and fully functioning condition.

This weekend I read so many other threads on FC where vape manufacturers are being berated for their poor customer service...it seems that either (a) Hopper Labs is not alone or (b) FC is full of very demanding customers. Either way...I continue to marvel at the usefulness of the Hoppers and wouldn't trade mine for any other vape on the market today. Is it the best vape?....I dunno if it is the universally best vape....but it certainly is the best portable for my specific (native out and about) uses.
I did the same thing and they said Ok, I sent it back to them and they put the discount/trade in in my cart an I ordered. It's still IN PROGRESS from last week so I don't know when it will be shipped. I have my Tinymight to keep me going until then.

jabba

I emailed them directly from an email string from about a month or so regarding doing the trade in. Maybe that's why they responded.
I did the same. They did respond.....lol....but they responded that they typically don't combine offers and would have to look into it. That was the last I heard. Oh well...I tried. Luckily the VAS is weak as I have two working Hoppers of different ilks. I also recently dipped my toe into the DynaUniverse and the water was nice!

slozukimc

I did the same. They did respond.....lol....but they responded that they typically don't combine offers and would have to look into it. That was the last I heard. Oh well...I tried. Luckily the VAS is weak as I have two working Hoppers of different ilks. I also recently dipped my toe into the DynaUniverse and the water was nice!
Oh jeez. You’re in for a bad case of VAS dabbing into the Dynaverse.

slozukimc,
Reactions: jabba

jabba

Oh jeez. You’re in for a bad case of VAS dabbing into the Dynaverse.
Ya. I really haven't had VAS in YEARS. I have what I need, I am getting to be 'older', and I've just been too busy to mess with much new. The pandemic has changed things a bit...in that I have more home time...and the trouble that accompanies such down time lol. So I traded my OG for an io.....and then bought a 2020M.

Now that I own the M....I finally understand why the OmniVap might have been a better choice . That said....$180 for a dugout batt (lol I know I know) seemed extremely steep at the time.

I am pleasantly surprised by the efficiency and effects from the Dynavap. I am not in love with the torching and thus appearing like a crack junkie....but my uses are largely private anyway. An IH is not an option as I don't need more paraphernalia....I need less!

Even if my Hoppers (2) both died....and history indicates that this will not happen.....the VapCap is a really great backup bulletproof no fuss option. I'm glad I bought it.

slozukimc

Ya. I really haven't had VAS in YEARS. I have what I need, I am getting to be 'older', and I've just been too busy to mess with much new. The pandemic has changed things a bit...in that I have more home time...and the trouble that accompanies such down time lol. So I traded my OG for an io.....and then bought a 2020M.

Now that I own the M....I finally understand why the OmniVap might have been a better choice . That said....$180 for a dugout batt (lol I know I know) seemed extremely steep at the time.

I am pleasantly surprised by the efficiency and effects from the Dynavap. I am not in love with the torching and thus appearing like a crack junkie....but my uses are largely private anyway. An IH is not an option as I don't need more paraphernalia....I need less!

Even if my Hoppers (2) both died....and history indicates that this will not happen.....the VapCap is a really great backup bulletproof no fuss option. I'm glad I bought it.
I did pretty much the same. Now I have a custom anodized(by me) to look antique Omnivap with a purple heart Simrell body and a Portside Mini IH. Like you said, it makes a great backup for my fleet of Hoppers.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I did pretty much the same. Now I have a custom anodized(by me) to look antique Omnivap with a purple heart Simrell body and a Portside Mini IH. Like you said, it makes a great backup for my fleet of Hoppers.
Me three: I bought an OmniVong last year as a non-battery backup vape option. Used it a few times (combusted a few times too). Not into torching things but it has its moments. What I really want now (perhaps VAS-19) is a P80 but my patience is thin with the lottery system. Since HL didn’t reply to my recent OG trade in request I’ll stand pat with my OG Ti and IO Ti - I don’t see myself getting another Hopper at all with two working Hoppers. Maybe I’ll need new batteries next year or the year after but I’m cutting my Hopper cycle down and will go with what I have. Still loving the IO though - no complaints really. :peace:

jabba

Me three: I bought an OmniVong last year as a non-battery backup vape option. Used it a few times (combusted a few times too). Not into torching things but it has its moments. What I really want now (perhaps VAS-19) is a P80 but my patience is thin with the lottery system. Since HL didn’t reply to my recent OG trade in request I’ll stand pat with my OG Ti and IO Ti - I don’t see myself getting another Hopper at all with two working Hoppers. Maybe I’ll need new batteries next year or the year after but I’m cutting my Hopper cycle down and will go with what I have. Still loving the IO though - no complaints really. :peace:

Glad you said it. The io really doesn't get enough attention. Hell I don't even promote it to my friends given the constant negative chatter online. The internet is a powerful drug. I feel like someone holding a wonderful secret. I mean whodathunk that I could use flower and walk out into the garage for a 5 second rip...clean...easy....no muss no fuss. It really is a spectacularly engineered device.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
The io really doesn't get enough attention. Hell I don't even promote it to my friends given the constant negative chatter online. The internet is a powerful drug. I feel like someone holding a wonderful secret. I mean whodathunk that I could use flower and walk out into the garage for a 5 second rip...clean...easy....no muss no fuss. It really is a spectacularly engineered device.
Someone let the secret out a couple of years ago; now there a quite a few vapes that can give near-instant hits like the io. I found out about them while my Grasshoppers were in for repair. I don't want to get into comparisons or other vapes, that's not what this thread is supposed to be about.

slozukimc

Someone let the secret out a couple of years ago; now there a quite a few vapes that can give near-instant hits like the io. I found out about them while my Grasshoppers were in for repair. I don't want to get into comparisons or other vapes, that's not what this thread is supposed to be about.
Not a single one I have tried will vape an entire bowl to a perfect roast without stirring like a Hopper.

Top Bottom