Discontinued Hopper io

lisifi

meh for the Ti Case,

i'm more interested in that sexy Hopper battery charger (vaporware?) :)

lisifi,

jabba

meh for the Ti Case,

i'm more interested in that sexy Hopper battery charger (vaporware?) :)

This goes for me too....'meh for the Ti case'.

And to anyone who remembers the anniversary of having NOT received something that they expected 'as an ad-on' to their device order from an indie-a-go-go campaign seven years ago......and posting annually their continued disgust?!....and holding never ending disdain?

It pains me to say it....but GET A LIFE MAN!.....I mean seriously.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
It pains me to say it....but GET A LIFE MAN!.....I mean seriously.
Dude your fanboy is showing.
This guy posts once in a blue moon about an unfulfilled commitment on the part of HL and you tell him where to get off?
What do you say to the folks who, since the crowdfunding, have laid out for that dreamy charger or, yeah, the case? You seem to say they should just get over it and move on with their lives; take their business elsewhere is what I think you have suggested in earlier posts for these pains in the butt customers.
Try as you may, I don't think you'll make any headway here towards getting people to only say nice things about their experiences, since HL evokes both good ones and bad ones.

Severmore

I too purchased a hopper case in 2015...never materialized. HL was recently willing to apply those funds towards the purchase of a new IO (along with an OG SS Hopper trade-in), which I appreciate. I hope I’ve made a smart decision in supporting this company again, as my initial customer experience was less than ideal. However, as many of you know, the Hopper is outstanding when working as intended.

jabba

Dude your fanboy is showing.
This guy posts once in a blue moon about an unfulfilled commitment on the part of HL and you tell him where to get off?
What do you say to the folks who, since the crowdfunding, have laid out for that dreamy charger or, yeah, the case? You seem to say they should just get over it and move on with their lives; take their business elsewhere is what I think you have suggested in earlier posts for these pains in the butt customers.
Try as you may, I don't think you'll make any headway here towards getting people to only say nice things about their experiences, since HL evokes both good ones and bad ones.

No. I think the poster should dwell on the never materialized case for YEARS....and celebrate the anniversary of his never materialized purchase by posting annually about it. Poster should expect my complete and unwavering sympathies for having endured such a hardship. Poster should berate, demean, and demoralize HL to the ends of the earth and throughout all of time in an effort to fill that hole left by a vape case never materialized. Totally normal behavior. He sounds like a real barrel of laughs.

"Fan boy"? Ok...sure. I like the Hopper very much that is for certain. I like FC....your posts on occasion...and the knowledge that I have gained here. "Once in a blue moon".....by his own post...I'd guess more like once a year on the anniversary of his indie-a-gogo order lol. Geez. HEY...come to think of it...I think I bought a beer cooler with a built in blender and radio on top that I never received 5 years ago. I need to look into that lol.

I have repeatedly shown sympathy for those hurt by HL. I have repeatedly indicated that I know that HL has had issues too numerous to count. I do not endorse the Hopper to even my friends as I don't wish for them to have a potentially bad and costly purchase. Personally though....I love the thing...and it is perfect for my needs. I have been clear.....for a long while....perhaps intermittently....but consistently for a long while.

Nobody received that case from HL....its VERY old news (I recall it being SS and not Ti but that is another matter). Hell...HL probably still offers that dumb case that never existed on their website....HL is gonna do what HL is gonna do. That said....especially for those of us that read FC.....we all KNOW what HL is and their checkered history......why keep beating a horse that has been dead for 7 years!? Grudge much? Geeezuz already. What is that expression...fool me once shame on you....fool me twice shame on me? Or is this just vindictive spite?...I had a bad experience and therefore I wish to defame HL at every opportunity and often. Well pardon me Mr. Viking for having an opinion on this matter.

If I walked around carrying the OP's baggage about historical transactions gone bad...I'd be in the funny farm by now. Just because YOU post here daily doesn't give you the right to tell me what/how to post or feel. HL did you wrong?....I get it....move on down the road....I don't blame you....go find another small business vape manufacturer for you to thrash online. If YOU think that I need or care to hear about the OP never receiving his beloved case 7 years ago....you should peek your nose out of your parent's basement for long enough to get some fresh air. You don't get to tell me to be sympathetic to the celebration of an annual anniversary of an add-on case never received 7 years ago. W.H.O. C.A.R.E.S. It's just sad and pathetic.

I don't mind legit posts about HL gripes. If/when I have/had a REAL problem I am willing to post about it. I get it. I've been there. Their website sucks. Their status updates are non existent. One never knows if they have/do not have any given product. HL has been on shaky customer service terms since inception. I know all of this. Not that I care.....but you have mis-characterized who I am. I'm just a guy who is sick and tired of all the whiny, entitled, butt hurt customers who fail to move on from their sub $200 purchase 7 years ago. It sure makes me happy that I am not in the manufacturing business these days. Who the hell could please this bunch?.....even if HL did something right we would find something wrong about it. Such a yawn....a repeated long yawn.

The group that makes up FC subscribers will not make or break a vape company. We are a relatively small bunch...and a finnicky bunch at that. Some would call us aficionados....perhaps too generously. My old buddies are still using the same dugouts that they bought 35 years ago and are quite happy about it. Something breaks....they/I replace it. FC posters give new meaning to the term 'lifetime guarantee'. Perhaps I am of a differing generation.....but I always believed that 'lifetime guarantee' was little more than a marketing gimmick. Many expect to run never intended materials into their devices 24/7 without proper care/cleaning.....then get butt hurt when suddenly their device bites them back.

If the OP wishes to do something about it...perhaps he should file with the BBB. File a lawsuit. Or I s'pose in this case....he should just post to celebrate the anniversary of having not received a promised item 7 years ago. Just don't expect me to celebrate along with him.

I have little doubts that had it not been for the Hopper's device attributes and functionality....HL would have driven themselves out of business long ago. Like that great restaurant around the corner where the owner snorted his profits for 2 years and ended up yelling at his customers while the food quality suffered before the 'out of business' sign was posted suddenly and without notice.

Now....back to your regularly scheduled Hopper bashing.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@jabba, you've crossed into disparaging other members' opinions; this is not about my opinion of your posts. You are discounting all these other folks' experiences because you're tired of hearing it? It may be you who is in the wrong thread? It just seems to annoy you.
I really don't need (or want) another long-winded response; I'm going to use of the Ignore button for a while.

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
:rofl:

My calendar reminds me on the 15th of Dec each year that a product I paid good money for from a company that is still in business has not fulfilled that obligation yet. The rest of the year, it never enters my thoughts. I just like to make sure that the company is aware they have not delivered something that was paid for, and I will continue to remind them.

The need for a 10 paragraph diatribe on something I only think about once a year is incredibly amusing...:rofl:

Thanks for bringing some joy to a really crappy year (2020) :cheers::rofl:

And that's it for this thread until this time next year...:wave:

jabba

@jabba, you've crossed into disparaging other members' opinions; this is not about my opinion of your posts. You are discounting all these other folks' experiences because you're tired of hearing it? It may be you who is in the wrong thread? It just seems to annoy you.
I really don't need (or want) another long-winded response; I'm going to use of the Ignore button for a while.

My calendar reminds me on the 13th of Dec each year that a product I paid good money for from a company that is still in business has not fulfilled that obligation yet. The rest of the year, it never enters my thoughts. I just like to make sure that the company is aware they have not delivered something that was paid for, and I will continue to remind them.

The need for a 10 paragraph diatribe on something I only think about once a year is incredibly amusing...:rofl:

Ha!....I'm amused as well. This made my day. I'm going to go see if I can get a lifetime warranty on my car battery today....my starter seems to be working a bit sluggishly today. It's either that or sit around reading how others have been irreparably harmed by their vape manufacturers today lol.

jabba,
  • Love
Reactions: Shrike

Traveler

No. I think the poster should dwell on the never materialized case for YEARS....and celebrate the anniversary of his never materialized purchase by posting annually about it. Poster should expect my complete and unwavering sympathies for having endured such a hardship. Poster should berate, demean, and demoralize HL to the ends of the earth and throughout all of time in an effort to fill that hole left by a vape case never materialized. Totally normal behavior. He sounds like a real barrel of laughs.

"Fan boy"? Ok...sure. I like the Hopper very much that is for certain. I like FC....your posts on occasion...and the knowledge that I have gained here. "Once in a blue moon".....by his own post...I'd guess more like once a year on the anniversary of his indie-a-gogo order lol. Geez. HEY...come to think of it...I think I bought a beer cooler with a built in blender and radio on top that I never received 5 years ago. I need to look into that lol.

I have repeatedly shown sympathy for those hurt by HL. I have repeatedly indicated that I know that HL has had issues too numerous to count. I do not endorse the Hopper to even my friends as I don't wish for them to have a potentially bad and costly purchase. Personally though....I love the thing...and it is perfect for my needs. I have been clear.....for a long while....perhaps intermittently....but consistently for a long while.

Nobody received that case from HL....its VERY old news (I recall it being SS and not Ti but that is another matter). Hell...HL probably still offers that dumb case that never existed on their website....HL is gonna do what HL is gonna do. That said....especially for those of us that read FC.....we all KNOW what HL is and their checkered history......why keep beating a horse that has been dead for 7 years!? Grudge much? Geeezuz already. What is that expression...fool me once shame on you....fool me twice shame on me? Or is this just vindictive spite?...I had a bad experience and therefore I wish to defame HL at every opportunity and often. Well pardon me Mr. Viking for having an opinion on this matter.

If I walked around carrying the OP's baggage about historical transactions gone bad...I'd be in the funny farm by now. Just because YOU post here daily doesn't give you the right to tell me what/how to post or feel. HL did you wrong?....I get it....move on down the road....I don't blame you....go find another small business vape manufacturer for you to thrash online. If YOU think that I need or care to hear about the OP never receiving his beloved case 7 years ago....you should peek your nose out of your parent's basement for long enough to get some fresh air. You don't get to tell me to be sympathetic to the celebration of an annual anniversary of an add-on case never received 7 years ago. W.H.O. C.A.R.E.S. It's just sad and pathetic.

I don't mind legit posts about HL gripes. If/when I have/had a REAL problem I am willing to post about it. I get it. I've been there. Their website sucks. Their status updates are non existent. One never knows if they have/do not have any given product. HL has been on shaky customer service terms since inception. I know all of this. Not that I care.....but you have mis-characterized who I am. I'm just a guy who is sick and tired of all the whiny, entitled, butt hurt customers who fail to move on from their sub $200 purchase 7 years ago. It sure makes me happy that I am not in the manufacturing business these days. Who the hell could please this bunch?.....even if HL did something right we would find something wrong about it. Such a yawn....a repeated long yawn.

The group that makes up FC subscribers will not make or break a vape company. We are a relatively small bunch...and a finnicky bunch at that. Some would call us aficionados....perhaps too generously. My old buddies are still using the same dugouts that they bought 35 years ago and are quite happy about it. Something breaks....they/I replace it. FC posters give new meaning to the term 'lifetime guarantee'. Perhaps I am of a differing generation.....but I always believed that 'lifetime guarantee' was little more than a marketing gimmick. Many expect to run never intended materials into their devices 24/7 without proper care/cleaning.....then get butt hurt when suddenly their device bites them back.

If the OP wishes to do something about it...perhaps he should file with the BBB. File a lawsuit. Or I s'pose in this case....he should just post to celebrate the anniversary of having not received a promised item 7 years ago. Just don't expect me to celebrate along with him.

I have little doubts that had it not been for the Hopper's device attributes and functionality....HL would have driven themselves out of business long ago. Like that great restaurant around the corner where the owner snorted his profits for 2 years and ended up yelling at his customers while the food quality suffered before the 'out of business' sign was posted suddenly and without notice.

Now....back to your regularly scheduled Hopper bashing.

wouldn't all the letters, of every annual post (7 by your count) be much less disruption/focusing combined than your one post above?

they also seem pretty benign, to cause such a stir /shrug

jabba

wouldn't all the letters, of every annual post (7 by your count) be much less disruption/focusing combined than your one post above?

they also seem pretty benign, to cause such a stir /shrug
Sure I s'pose. But we all get our hides chapped over differing things don't we? Perhaps I was a bit wordy lol....I forgot to whom I was typing. For that matter and to your precise point....I'd gather that your post was entirely unnecessary and redundant as well lol. After all...my post is pretty benign in the scheme of things...and only causes a stir if you allow it to do so.

jabba,
Reactions: Traveler

slozukimc

Sure I s'pose. But we all get our hides chapped over differing things don't we? Perhaps I was a bit wordy lol....I forgot to whom I was typing. For that matter and to your precise point....I'd gather that your post was entirely unnecessary and redundant as well lol. After all...my post is pretty benign in the scheme of things...and only causes a stir if you allow it to do so.
So my Hopper IO is working pretty well. It likes to turn itself on and fails to turn off when clicked on occasion. Time for a spray down with some good contact cleaner and it should be good as new again.
Time to load up a bowl of Venom OG, stick the IO in the @Sneaky Pete Mega Globe I won in the Ed’s TnT MAW raffle this year and melt away some aches, pains and trivial things that don’t deserve a fuss.
Have a good evening All.

jabba

So my Hopper IO is working pretty well. It likes to turn itself on and fails to turn off when clicked on occasion. Time for a spray down with some good contact cleaner and it should be good as new again.
Time to load up a bowl of Venom OG, stick the IO in the @Sneaky Pete Mega Globe I won in the Ed’s TnT MAW raffle this year and melt away some aches, pains and trivial things that don’t deserve a fuss.
Have a good evening All.
Where are you spraying the contact cleaner exactly?....around the hole from which the clicker protrudes?....from the exterior top back-end?

slozukimc

Where are you spraying the contact cleaner exactly?....around the hole from which the clicker protrudes?....from the exterior top back-end?
I spray down the entire back end. I try to get it in every little groove and move the dial back and forth while it is wet. Has worked a bunch of times for OG Hoppers without any problems so I figured rather than bug HL for a warranty repair I might as well try it on the IO. So far, so good.

ShadowLink12

Activist
My SS IO has been rock solid since I got it a little over a month ago. Only slightly strange thing I have encountered is maybe once every 10 or so chambers I have to click the backend twice for it to turn on, not exactly sure why but not a big deal.

This morning though I figured I should actually put some use on my spare battery (GHB3 model that came extra with my hopper). Was actually the first time I have screwed off the back end. Spare battery was a bit snug to get in there. I threw it on the charger until it flashed that it was done while I cleaned the front ends. Tonight with the front ends fully dry I went to screw on my PFE to enjoy a chamber and without clicking anything the hopper started rapidly flashing lights and wouldn't stop no matter what I did. (tried clicking, removing the front end, etc) Flashed for a good minute or two. Then would not click on at all.

I swapped my original battery in and it seems to be working. Anyone encountered this before? Do I just have a bad 2nd battery? Was kind of scary that it was just flashing light unprompted with no button presses just from the act of me screwing the front end on.

ShadowLink12,

nonbeliever

My calendar reminds me on the 15th of Dec each year that a product I paid good money for from a company that is still in business has not fulfilled that obligation yet. The rest of the year, it never enters my thoughts. I just like to make sure that the company is aware they have not delivered something that was paid for, and I will continue to remind them.

I years ago traded in my Kickstarter case order for batteries and a PFE. Maybe they’d trade it for accessories or a credit towards an IO?

and truly wishing you a Happier Christmas and a joyous New Year!

DryBonesufo

My impression on the IO
My SS IO has been rock solid since I got it a little over a month ago. Only slightly strange thing I have encountered is maybe once every 10 or so chambers I have to click the backend twice for it to turn on, not exactly sure why but not a big deal.

This morning though I figured I should actually put some use on my spare battery (GHB3 model that came extra with my hopper). Was actually the first time I have screwed off the back end. Spare battery was a bit snug to get in there. I threw it on the charger until it flashed that it was done while I cleaned the front ends. Tonight with the front ends fully dry I went to screw on my PFE to enjoy a chamber and without clicking anything the hopper started rapidly flashing lights and wouldn't stop no matter what I did. (tried clicking, removing the front end, etc) Flashed for a good minute or two. Then would not click on at all.

I swapped my original battery in and it seems to be working. Anyone encountered this before? Do I just have a bad 2nd battery? Was kind of scary that it was just flashing light unprompted with no button presses just from the act of me screwing the front end on.
what temp do you have it in? For me, my TI og I can vape it at 3.75 and get thick clouds but my SS Io I have to dial it at 4.5 to get those clouds

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Usually, if glitches are corrected by a known-good battery, then the other one is the culprit. Yours being a bit plump may not be a good sign, either.
I suspect you may also have problem developing with the back end; I've had 2 io back end get shaky already, in a couple of months' time.

@slozumic, which brand of contact cleaner do you like? thx. I once tried soaking an og back end in iso alcohol to try to get rid of "hot back end" syndrome, but it apparently did not help at all. I've come to think that issue was only with og's and had more to do with weak/old battery.
My current issues are more like others have reported - io not turning on/off when clicked and sometimes powering on without any clicks at all. Has contact cleaner helped with that issue?

jabba

Usually, if glitches are corrected by a known-good battery, then the other one is the culprit. Yours being a bit plump may not be a good sign, either.
I suspect you may also have problem developing with the back end; I've had 2 io back end get shaky already, in a couple of months' time.

@slozumic, which brand of contact cleaner do you like? thx. I once tried soaking an og back end in iso alcohol to try to get rid of "hot back end" syndrome, but it apparently did not help at all. I've come to think that issue was only with og's and had more to do with weak/old battery.
My current issues are more like others have reported - io not turning on/off when clicked and sometimes powering on without any clicks at all. Has contact cleaner helped with that issue?

Remember. Going from GHB1 or GHB2 to the newest GHB3......there is a slight but obvious/noticeable increase in diameter/girth. They still easily fit in both OG and io....but the latest battery iteration is ever so slightly fatter. Universally so among my 3 samples when compared to my 7 previous generation batts.

All of this said...viking is spot on...it would seem as if your battery is the culprit. Do you have a third battery?....the results from that would darn near solve the equation.

slozukimc

I use WD40 Specialist brand electrical contact cleaner. It seems strong enough to work yet mild enough to not melt any Hopper parts.
The issues I have had with my IO have been the same dirty contact/threads issues that cause what seems like a bad battery, but isn’t, that I had with OG’s as well as the random turn itself on and fail to turn off we have been seeing. The first IO was sent back for a no power at all when clicked issue, the second was the previously mentioned issues without any attempts at using the contact cleaner. The third one, the one I have now started acting up and I thought fuck it the worst that could happen is a total meltdown and a voided warranty. I soaked the hell out of it with the contact cleaner, let it dry and good to go again. It’s starting to act up again so I need to grab a new can and go at it again.

Herbie Hancock

The 60 Second Assasin
I finally got a response from them. My email requested a cancellation due to the fact that everyone is getting theirs who ordered way after I did. Instead of cancelling, they sent an email apologizing and sent a tracking number saying it will get shipped out ASAP yesterday.
I immediately wrote back and said NO, PLEASE CANCEL no response of course.
And of course today when I “track” the package it’s just a label created on 11/24. The date of my original order. These guys are the worst company I have ever dealt with.
3 dead OG hoppers. (2 of them never made it back from repair). Then I foolishly fell for it again!!!
My fault

DryBonesufo

I finally got a response from them. My email requested a cancellation due to the fact that everyone is getting theirs who ordered way after I did. Instead of cancelling, they sent an email apologizing and sent a tracking number saying it will get shipped out ASAP yesterday.
And of course today when I “track” the package it’s just a label created on 11/24. The date of my original order. These guys are the worst company I have ever dealt with.
3 dead OG hoppers. (2 of them never made it back from repair). Then I foolishly fell for it again!!!
My fault
What happened to your hoppers?

DryBonesufo,

jabba

My fault

This is unfortunate. In my experiences Hopper Labs customer service will respond no more than once per day....if they do respond at all. Almost as if the CS person goes through 1 cycle per day to each CS issue.....but never responds to any back/forth aside from their 1 response per day....one response per thread per day max.

Their CS behavior(s) are really very foolish. HL has a really very good product that is well engineered and manufactured. If they were able to back up their hoppers with solid warranty service, responsive customer service, and provide typical communication(s) to customers.....they could be unstoppable. But here we still sit.

It makes me almost wish that some Buyer with some business sense would purchase the company to move it forward. This would most likely result in the loss of engineering talent....but a guy can dream of having it all anyway.

My advice (I know you didn't ask): DON'T open your package when you receive it. Immediately file for a return authorization and refund upon receipt. Ship it back and get your refund. I know that this is a p. in the a.....and this will cost you some shipping and should be entirely unnecessary. This is likely your best route given your sentiments about HL.

jabba,

Trace

My friend had got a hopper years ago and he has a disposition to this day that reflects many a sentiment in here, and I don't blame any of them one bit for it. He only had it for 3 weeks and it broke. The original unit never came back and that's since 2017. They still use the fire and covid as excuses to this day.

HL really let down their early supporters and are leaving them with little to no responses or proper care with a lifetime warranty as a company. That's thievery and bad business. Some people are spending their last on something they want to make an investment in and last them a while.

I remember it's performance from years ago and wondered if they improved over the years on the customer service side of things, so I started lurking here. It appears that they slightly have, but with little consistently and I don't know if I'm willing to invest in a company this shaky.

I tried to search this long thread for a more accurate picture of their modern practices and I thank those who are completely transparent about their experiences and take the time to thoroughly document everything for the next person. Then there are people like you. I would have eventually joined the conversation regardless because I have a genuine interest in the product despite my skepticism, but I had to join simply to address people who continue to gulp and burp for this company blindly and happily like you. If they're not paying you it's going to be hard to convince me otherwise.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
My friend had got a hopper years ago and he has a disposition to this day that reflects many a sentiment in here, and I don't blame any of them one bit for it. He only had it for 3 weeks and it broke. The original unit never came back and that's since 2017. They still use the fire and covid as excuses to this day.

HL really let down their early supporters and are leaving them with little to no responses or proper care with a lifetime warranty as a company. That's thievery and bad business. Some people are spending their last on something they want to make an investment in and last them a while.

I remember it's performance from years ago and wondered if they improved over the years on the customer service side of things, so I started lurking here. It appears that they slightly have, but with little consistently and I don't know if I'm willing to invest in a company this shaky.

I tried to search this long thread for a more accurate picture of their modern practices and I thank those who are completely transparent about their experiences and take the time to thoroughly document everything for the next person. Then there are people like you. I would have eventually joined the conversation regardless because I have a genuine interest in the product despite my skepticism, but I had to join simply to address people who continue to gulp and burp for this company blindly and happily like you. If they're not paying you it's going to be hard to convince me otherwise.
Welcome to the forum! Be sure to explore other areas as well, this place is huge, and can be a really great place to spend some time.

jabba

Ha! The internet is indeed a powerful drug. Did you read my post located directly above yours? I do love my hoppers... that is truth. I do really wish HL's past and present behaviors did not warrant posts such as yours. What more can I say? Buying a hopper is like eating a forbidden fruit. Delicious.... but at what cost? Apparently thus far I've been able to enjoy the taste without the inevitable ending? I'm knocking on wood. It really is a shame....HL is able to accomplish the hardest part.... the device. They can't handle the simple part... basic customer service.

Last edited:
jabba,
Top Bottom