• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Hopper io

MoltenTiger

My Hopper io manual shows a temperature range of 150-230° Celsius. The website shows two different temperature ranges, 130-230 and 180-230. From my experience using the io it seems to line up pretty well with the 150-230 listed in the manual. It would be nice if we could get official confirmation of the actual temperature range from @Hopper Labs or maybe even @VGOODIEZ . Hopper Labs should probably update their website too.
That's true and something I pointed out to them when they asked for website proofreading before release.

Maybe there's batches of all variations out there. Mine does seem to do something like 180-230, I'm away from home and using the legacy now and T1 130°C is wildly far from what my io does

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Re; that new vape smell.
First io I ordered went south in less than a week, but both that one and its' speedy replacement had that grey matter in the chamber. Both had to be cleaned out & burned off (each took several burnoff cycles). And, for me, even tasted "off" for first few chambers. But relatively soon, all was well...

In 2018 I received a couple of 'replacement' bodies for an og. First was returned because of a gross amount of the stuff. Second was salvage-able, but even after cleaning. I had to sort of suffer several days of chambers with smell. In my correspondence I referred to it as a "machine oil" type smell, but I was totally generalizing, meaning it was not like, old cannabis residue or that sort of thing. HL did express wonder over the material, because, hey, they don't use machine oil in their assembly.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Is HL’s website and presumably the server it’s on in PST? I ordered my io on Friday @ 5:25p EST and the order confirmation said 2:25p. I know Boulder and all of CO is in MST. My order is still In Progress. I know it’s a holiday weekend and was hoping it would’ve shipped on Saturday. I guess not. I’ll be curious if it does tomorrow. I haven’t received any other update. I did not notice on their site there was any delay as they’ve indicated in the past. The waiting continues... :peace:

someTooL

I ordered batteries and received them at my door while the site still showed in progess. It’ll show in progress but if you click on it or something it’ll actually show a tracking number too when shipped.

Btw - This thing is some tool:spliff:

Vaporific

Btw - This thing is some tool:spliff:
Hence your moniker. Thanks. Looking forward to trying a suped up version of the OG Hopper (mine still works pretty well). I haven’t received or seen within my account a tracking number. Perhaps tomorrow. Perhaps. :peace:

tryingtowin

Have had the IO for 3 months now. A few bowls a day everyday this thing is a beast! The only issue I've seen and had is the clicker power button, when pressed it will skip an on cycle..flash like its turning it on and disconnect like it's been turned off but it's only been clicked once. So another click quickly solves this and turns it on. It doesn't happen always but has happend a few times now and seems to have started a couple weeks ago..but I'm seeing this as an actual component of the clicking mechanism malfunctioning more so than a software issue. I think it may have something to do with the spring and pin how they interact with the contact.

But other than a quick click again it's back being a beast! ABV always perfect toasty color..all the heat settings work perfect as they should. It's been an amazing vape!

MoltenTiger

Have had the IO for 3 months now. A few bowls a day everyday this thing is a beast! The only issue I've seen and had is the clicker power button, when pressed it will skip an on cycle..flash like its turning it on and disconnect like it's been turned off but it's only been clicked once. So another click quickly solves this and turns it on. It doesn't happen always but has happend a few times now and seems to have started a couple weeks ago..but I'm seeing this as an actual component of the clicking mechanism malfunctioning more so than a software issue. I think it may have something to do with the spring and pin how they interact with the contact.

But other than a quick click again it's back being a beast! ABV always perfect toasty color..all the heat settings work perfect as they should. It's been an amazing vape!
I've seen the power on/off symptom a few times - it was happening most often when I was using the MaxPower adapter with a DC jack that didn't properly fit it.
It might be caused by poor power connections or increased resistance. It could alternatively be caused by the mechanism, but I would suggest to check the battery terminals and threads for gunk. Maybe give the dial a twist back and forth once it occurs.. Wiping the battery on jeans is a good way to scrub the terminals clean there, mainly the positive button side can build up a little gunk.

Spent a few days away with just the legacy and last night I got to use my io again.
It produces more vapour on 1 than my HT legacy on 5, but both do incredible things to the brain and body so no complaints either way, love the ultra portable stealth set up. Heard no complaints so I guess that's a pass - my kit is so dialled these days it's so awesome..

Carbon infused carry bag for grinder and gear
Leather sleeve for Hopper
Airtight jar for ABV
SmokeBuddy for exhaled vapour

Potency, ease, a small bundle of gloriousness that can be taken and used most anywhere.

I have no VAS, and if I ever do need anything extra, I will bring out the Sub. But I use less material and find easier balance using just the hopper. It's the bees knees.

Guest399

What do you all think is the best way to store the hopper batteries?
I have heard that lithium ion batteries should generally be charged to half their capacity for storage.

But I'm not sure about the hopper batteries. My MC2 charger charges a hopper battery for about 90 minutes.

Is it then best way to charge the Hooper when the lights flashes for 45 minutes and then store the Battery

or is it better for the battery to store it when the hopper lights flashes and is empty and no charging them?

Guest399,
Reactions: JCat

vapviking

Old & In the Way
What do you all think is the best way to store the hopper batteries?
I have heard that lithium ion batteries should generally be charged to half their capacity for storage.

But I'm not sure about the hopper batteries. My MC2 charger charges a hopper battery for about 90 minutes.

Is it then best way to charge the Hooper when the lights flashes for 45 minutes and then store the Battery

or is it better for the battery to store it when the hopper lights flashes and is empty and no charging them?
How about charge til full, vape 1 chamber, then stow the battery?

Last edited:

Guest399

when i load it half the time on my MC2 it has about 3,97 V

when the lights flashes on the hopper they have about 3,68-3,7 V

Is HL’s website and presumably the server it’s on in PST? I ordered my io on Friday @ 5:25p EST and the order confirmation said 2:25p. I know Boulder and all of CO is in MST. My order is still In Progress. I know it’s a holiday weekend and was hoping it would’ve shipped on Saturday. I guess not. I’ll be curious if it does tomorrow. I haven’t received any other update. I did not notice on their site there was any delay as they’ve indicated in the past. The waiting continues... :peace:
i ordered too on last Friday and they shiped it out the same day at mine :(

Hope they will ship out yours very soon !! :)

Vaporific

i ordered too on last Friday and they shiped it out the same day at mine :(

Hope they will ship out yours very soon !! :)
And you’re in Europe or am I mistaken? Did you get a shipping update? My order is still In Progress - a Ti io and 1 extra battery. Unless they don’t have batteries but I thought they did. Hmmmm. I’ll reserve stronger comment for my next post. Cheers. :peace:

OnO

Hi I finally have my IO and have noticed something odd... if I touch the ''clicker'' and the main body with something metal the lights come on. Is it just mine? I noticed it when my PFE touched them both.

someTooL

I haven’t had any issues from my clicker. I have found however it performs differently on and off. What I mean is that if I depress without clicking I can see the lights come one. I haven’t tested if it is actually heating but I’m sure it is. Of course if I click it’ll stay on. Now on the off click it doesn’t do this the lights won’t turn off till the full click. You can reverse this by clicking it without the battery in.

Tried something new yesterday out of necessity. No grinding just semi broken buds stuffed in. Worked very well. I’ll stick with grinding, but in a pinch.

Again, this thing is some TooL

tryingtowin

Has anyone tried loading a chamber and maybe notch 3 setting vaped a couple times then tried dumping out the now activated bud onto a peanutbutter cracker for an edible? Would this concept work or does it need a low/slow heat cycle?

JoeKickass

Well my Tinymight broke so I'm back to camp Hopper, I tried switching my order from colored to plain Ti but they aren't responding anymore. Anyone manage to get a Ti unit shipped recently?

JoeKickass,
Reactions: Guest399

Vaporific

Well my Tinymight broke so I'm back to camp Hopper, I tried switching my order from colored to plain Ti but they aren't responding anymore. Anyone manage to get a Ti unit shipped recently?
Ordered a plain Ti (and an extra batt) on Friday before the long weekend and no shipping update as of yet. (DEEP) sigh. And I ordered it when my TM’s haptic motor conked out for a few days. Good luck - we need it. :peace:

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
My newest io is still working like a champ. One tip that I think has already been discussed before that has definitely helped me out is to let it heat up for 2-3 seconds after turning it on. On mine at least, if you start ripping instantly it will go into low power mode pretty quick, but if i wait a few seconds after clicking the button I can pull pretty much as hard as I want to and it'll continue pumping out extremely dense vapor.

slozukimc

My newest io is still working like a champ. One tip that I think has already been discussed before that has definitely helped me out is to let it heat up for 2-3 seconds after turning it on. On mine at least, if you start ripping instantly it will go into low power mode pretty quick, but if i wait a few seconds after clicking the button I can pull pretty much as hard as I want to and it'll continue pumping out extremely dense vapor.
Sounds like maybe your batteries are weak? My IO only goes it low power mode after a few bowls. Never from hitting it too hard. It keeps up no matter how hard I hit it until the bowl is done.

Vaporific

With the OG Hopper I never minded a 5 second heat-up time and the instant on feature isn't really all that important to me. It will be interesting to play with and keep an eye out for. My pre-order Ti heats up fine for me, always has. I'm more interested in seeing how the io will do at lower temps using it natively (I seldom use a silicone tip) - and it's upgraded power to deliver consistently. And throw in improved air flow for good measure and more legible temp settings. Then I'll be a happy camper. Lastly, consistently good batteries (don't get me started on those). I'll find out early next week - my new Ti io is estimated to arrive on Monday (yes I had to nudge HL for an updated order status and, more importantly, yes, it will be completely cleaned before I use it). Happy Humpday! :peace:

Top Bottom