Discontinued Hopper io

Reefer Fiend

Lovin' Life
I would like to learn more about compatible Hopper AC adapter kits for use with OG and IO vapes. Reviewing past threads on FC, I see that recently there was an adapter offered by MaxVapor on a pre-order basis, but from what I have read it's not available at this time. Does anyone know if this adapter may be offered again and, if so, where I can find the website to order/pre-order? For those who have used the MaxVapor kit, how has it performed for you?

Are there any other AC adapter options that FC forum members have used and can recommend, or any new alternate Hopper power options of which you are aware?

MaxVapor is finalizing the ring adapter for the AC power kit and will have some number kits available for sale on their site once pre-orders are fulfilled. Coronavirus has slowed their ability to get the machined parts so no current update as to when they'll be available. You can email MaxVapor to be notified when kits will be available for sale.

Guest399

MaxVapor is finalizing the ring adapter for the AC power kit and will have some number kits available for sale on their site once pre-orders are fulfilled. Coronavirus has slowed their ability to get the machined parts so no current update as to when they'll be available. You can email MaxVapor to be notified when kits will be available for sale.

does these adapters work with the Hopper io too ?

Guest399,

vapeverythingnyc

Reefer Fiend

Lovin' Life
Has anyone here had any success registering their new IO with HL? Without the registration number that is missing from my IO box, the HL website will not permit me to complete registration with just the IO serial number. Last year, I had a similar problem registering a new OG, but I sent HL an email and they registered the OG for me. I sent HL an email requesting registration assistance with my new IO, but so far no response.

fogbank

I received my Ti IO yesterday. For those keeping track, I pre-ordered on 12/2/2019, confirmed my order on 3/15/2020, and received it on 6/4/2020. It came with the 3 extra batteries that I added to the order. All four batteries that I received are matte label GHB2s. I did a quick visual inspection and didn't notice any dirt or grime in the unit. I charged one of the batteries in the Hopper and gave it a go. Started on temp 2, got a pretty big cloud on the first draw. Second draw produced an even bigger cloud. On my second session both draws produced big clouds. No back end heat noted. On all hits I started drawing almost immediately after clicking the unit on. So far so good!

Update from the old FC MaxVapor adapter thread - once they have completed parts in hand, they will test and have a recommendation as to which particular 10A AC bricks will work with the IO. It's possible that some may not have enough startup current to power the IO.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Delivered as promised. I am a Hopper IO DopeGun(TM) man now.View attachment 1203
Congrats! Please do give us a review when you can. I really want one. I do but I’m going to wait and wait and wait, just like I’ve been waiting over a year for replacement batteries for my legacy Hopper :rofl:I love my Hopper and fresh batts would spruce things up a bit until I bite the bullet on an IO. Assuming my Hopper remains working, and it has very well since its only RMA, 5 new batteries in rotation should serve me well for at least a year. And that’s IF the shelf life of the latest batch are better than anything I’ve had before. We’ll see. I’m hoping more positive reviews and few reports of major issues will be the norm. We shall see. TGIF! :peace:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
pre-ordered on 12/2/2019, confirmed my order on 3/15/2020, and received it on 6/4/2020. It came with the 3 extra batteries that I added to the order. All four batteries that I received are matte label GHB2s.
I'm glad to hear you received your io, but quite pissed off (not at you!) about the extra battery thing.

I odered batteries on 4/20 sale in 2019 and still don't have them.
Yup, over a year for some dumb batteries.
HL graciously sold me a couple of the (quite) old stock last fall, but even those are degrading now.

Shame to be turning to other vapes after purchasing 5 og grasshoppers with "Lifetime Warranty".

But, as much as I have had to move away from device, it's more a matter of HL moving on from me as a customer.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Well, if they are now shipping multiple batteries with IOs, that must mean they have enough batteries to cover ALL their battery orders and must be in the process of getting them all shipped. I guess I should be expecting to receive my 2 batteries any day?

Guest399

I'm glad to hear you received your io, but quite pissed off (not at you!) about the extra battery thing.

HL graciously sold me a couple of the (quite) old stock last fall, but even those are degrading now.

Shame to be turning to other vapes after purchasing 5 og grasshoppers with "Lifetime Warranty".

But, as much as I have had to move away from device, it's more a matter of HL moving on from me as a customer.

HL is for me the worst working company I know.
They told me I can only have 1 additional battery (because I have over $ 40 shipping costs), and even worse I find that us dude vapeverythingnyc even got NO extra battery even though he also ordered a few. So why does HL make such a difference? And with all their mishaps, I'm sure I won't buy vape from them anymore. I gave them a chance but they haven't changed them!!!

vapeverythingnyc

It’s been a week since I emailed cs about the missing ID code and thermal paste in the herb chamber. I have a non-usable device with zero recourse at the moment. Glad most of you are happy though, and know it will ultimately all work out.
The ac adapter with a 10a psu from the same manufacturer as the 5a psu was inoperable. Waiting on max to give a recommendation for a different 10a psu confirmed to work, and will order ASAP, test and report back.

JCat

Accessory Maker
It’s been a week since I emailed cs about the missing ID code and thermal paste in the herb chamber. I have a non-usable device with zero recourse at the moment. Glad most of you are happy though, and know it will ultimately all work out.
The ac adapter with a 10a psu from the same manufacturer as the 5a psu was inoperable. Waiting on max to give a recommendation for a different 10a psu confirmed to work, and will order ASAP, test and report back.
No worries, they should get back to you in a month or two, then after a short 6-18 month RMA period, you might get a working Hopper IO or you might get the same one back in the exact same condition with no repairs made ... (sorry ... couldn't help myself ... this would be standard Hopper Labs operating procedure ... just saying ... :lol: ...)

Guest399

most of the things that upset me are that they don't even finish the old business satisfactorily, the old customers are rightly dissatisfied, they don't care about them. instead, they do new business. that excites me the most. it is not about me ! I'm not an old customer, only now Hopper io

but the most stupids one are "we" and i who bought the new one io.

Last edited:

fogbank

They still owe me 6 batteries that I ordered on 1/23/2019. Oh and the external battery charger from a long time ago too.

Macicman

They really are incredible. If we tried really hard, I'm not sure we could come up with as much flaky shit as these guys seem to generate unconsciously

And WTF is this residue people are finding??? Come on, Hopper...FFS.
No one has been tougher on HL than my hero @Baron23 . I read his words, and I felt his pain.
However, my IO arrived ready for use. It is like having a cart pen that runs on dry herb. Click it and suck like crazy.

abcd5432

No one has been tougher on HL than my hero @Baron23 . I read his words, and I felt his pain.
However, my IO arrived ready for use. It is like having a cart pen that runs on dry herb. Click it and suck like crazy.
You're giving me hope, after years of waiting it may be time to buy this.

I read the last couple pages, are batteries good or not?

I mean, it's hopperlabs, so I am not sure if I can even read things without assuming something is not in order that makes this a risk.

kilo

I read the last couple pages, are batteries good or not?
The GH2 batteries are fine. I have a half dozen in steady rotation using an external charger. There just aren't enough of them in stock right now because trans-Pacific trade supply lines have been hit by covid-19 and the economic policies of the current administration.

The io is really a fine piece of engineering. I like the improvements to the LED display — it's nice to get a low battery warning.

someTooL

So I see ones that were part of the preorder process are now shipped and being received. I’m ready to jump in now.
Has anyone ordered recently and received an IO (Ti)? If you order more than one battery are you receiving those also or just one?

someTooL,

Guest399

So I see ones that were part of the preorder process are now shipped and being received. I’m ready to jump in now.
Has anyone ordered recently and received an IO (Ti)? If you order more than one battery are you receiving those also or just one?

I don't have mine yet, it's on the way. but there were some who only got one and others got more. I only bought one extra because they told me more would not work

abcd5432

The GH2 batteries are fine. I have a half dozen in steady rotation using an external charger. There just aren't enough of them in stock right now because trans-Pacific trade supply lines have been hit by covid-19 and the economic policies of the current administration.

The io is really a fine piece of engineering. I like the improvements to the LED display — it's nice to get a low battery warning.
It's my actual job to be familiar with how covid effects trade/investments. I'm fully aware of that.

It says the version 3 batteries are the only ones to be shipped out on the website. I'm curious about those batteries, not the old ones.

Edit: also if there are batteries available why are so many people waiting? I see a person with 6 batteries ordered. If his order isn't being filled, why would mine?

Last edited:
Abcd5432,
Top Bottom