Discontinued Hopper io

kilo

It happened again – I've got two OG Hoppers and two io's and shitload of batteries, some still in bubble wrap. I'd pretty much stopped using them since I got a TM and I've thought about selling them before they stop working and while there are still some people who use them. But every time I get ready to write an ad I take them out and heft them, then slide a battery in there, put in a small hit, press the button and wait for the magic. And then I think maybe I'm not ready to get rid of them after all! It's such a good design. If I do put them up on the FC classifieds I'll drop a message here and give folks a heads up.

warren0728

It happened again – I've got two OG Hoppers and two io's and shitload of batteries, some still in bubble wrap. I'd pretty much stopped using them since I got a TM and I've thought about selling them before they stop working and while there are still some people who use them. But every time I get ready to write an ad I take them out and heft them, then slide a battery in there, put in a small hit, press the button and wait for the magic. And then I think maybe I'm not ready to get rid of them after all! It's such a good design. If I do put them up on the FC classifieds I'll drop a message here and give folks a heads up.
I think I'm gonna sell my two working io's and a bunch of accessories ... need to photograph and write a description

warren0728,

eideal852

If you're saying you have some extra backends, I just happen to be in need of one.
I wish. Nah, parts of my backend. All sorts of popped busted springs contacts clicker and shit from my my ‘sploded backend.

Well, not exploded, I should be clear when talking lion, but busted-apart-good-backend.

eideal852,

MoltenTiger

I'm totally smitten with the TM2 too.
However I did collect my io from my friend who was lending it, he gave me a bunch of batteries, but there are some power issues trying to use them. For the couple of weeks I was using it (I forgot my TM2!) it was working magically right up until the last session before I had to head back home, where it gave up the ghost and we smoked up. Apparently that is how it was behaving for him prior, but luckily I got a lot of good use out of it when I needed it. I took it back home and plugged it in to mains and it hit huge again. Going to try it again tonight, I haven't done much else but TM2 it up lately, but I feel like I'm ready to mix it up again with the io and sublimator coming back out to play.

One thing is for sure, if the hopper works it is the best. So damn small and convenient. I might have to start carrying it around through the day, I would have enjoyed it today, just some light hits to keep me entertained.

I'm in my own refurbishing hell at the moment, although relatively maybe it is heaven.

AJS

Calm Consistency
@vapingviking & SquirrelMaster

Gotcha. I thought the PFE was just for bigger hits, but makes sense that it would mate better with 14mm glass.
Hmm, I thought the regular tip also mated to a 14mm female. Maybe I’m mistaken.

PFE is larger airflow

AJS,

MoltenTiger

Hmm, I thought the regular tip also mated to a 14mm female. Maybe I’m mistaken.

PFE is larger airflow
the OD is 14mm, so you can just plug the default MP into a 14mm tapered joint, but it's not a great seal unless the joint fits it well enough. Some joints are better than others. The PFE matches the taper of the glass joint and so offers a handsfree solution, with more open airflow to boot, as it doesn't have the bottleneck of the default. I only ever used the PFE once they were available

ChooChooCharlie

Hopper-io-and-empire-dark-side.jpg

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Do someone knows is there are images of the grasshopper/hopper ios’s heater?
I believe there are a few breakdown pics herein. If I can still remove the heating chamber from my original IO that I inadvertently bent trying to remove it with pliers (which I’ve since replaced with a used IO body), I’ll take a pic and post it. I did use it a bit after I bent the chamber so it could be stuck with reclaim again (TBD). In the interim try searching the thread (I know it’s not easy but they are here). :peace:

kokolokokolokon

PXL-20220715-130046585-PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL-20220715-125036070-PORTRAIT.jpg

Best heater pic I have, after and before a gentle cleaning. One day it got especially hot and came unscrewed....
thank you! I was searching the images in the threat!
And wow i was expecting some kind of mini tm heater or something like that since i did get a grasshopper and it makes the same sound than the tm (And dont worry, im not crazy, it is a second hand GH and i paid 35bucks for it) i didnt expect a…hot circular plate(?)

kokolokokolokon,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
(Did someone try to make a new body to use other batteries?)
Seven posts above yours (#4558) is a photo of hopper using the A/C plugin adapter, I forget who was making some of them briefly.
Many years ago someone did make an external battery pack, several 18650's, but that was a one-off, his personal use. Iirc, he bought a lathe, taught himself how to cut inside and outside threads on an aluminum tube and put that between the clicker and the body. The one in the photo above does the same.

JCat

Accessory Maker
MaxVapor makes the plugin adapters and think they still are (at least it looks like they still have some available as they were just updated for the Hopper IO in 2022)

Edit: correction, looks like they no longer make the full kit, they just have the Power Converter available.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
MaxVapor makes the plugin adapters and think they still are (at least it looks like they still have some available as they were just updated for the Hopper IO in 2022)
Lol, you beat me by a second so I'll just link the thread:

kokolokokolokon

Seven posts above yours (#4558) is a photo of hopper using the A/C plugin adapter, I forget who was making some of them briefly.
Many years ago someone did make an external battery pack, several 18650's, but that was a one-off, his personal use. Iirc, he bought a lathe, taught himself how to cut inside and outside threads on an aluminum tube and put that between the clicker and the body. The one in the photo above does the same.
I saw it. But it seems to be out of stock (and like @JCat said it seems like they no longer make it) I was just curious if someone did a “diy remake” or something like that. This heater seems very efficient.

A little question: i see photos of the PFE mouthpiece with drip tips. Is it compatible with 510/810 or they are custom drip tips?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
little question: i see photos of the PFE mouthpiece with drip tips. Is it compatible with 510/810 or they are custom drip tips?
I've used 510 drip tips. The fit is "okay", there is a seal, but they're not snug or tight. I've used glass and s steel. I thought the glass made for draw restriction, so liked the metal better.
For a small mouth piece, I'd rather use a glass 14/18 mm adapter, by itself.

kokolokokolokon

I've used 510 drip tips. The fit is "okay", there is a seal, but they're not snug or tight. I've used glass and s steel. I thought the glass made for draw restriction, so liked the metal better.
For a small mouth piece, I'd rather use a glass 14/18 mm adapter, by itself.
Thank you very much! I´ll try some o´rings to try to make it tight enough to be secure :D and use this 510 with quartz balls inside to use it natively:
9e755c536cf4011c9f9c8325c45de072.image.800x800.jpg

Another option would be a long metal straw-style mouthpiece.

tryingtowin

Quick update... Had a Io backend stop working... Would shut off after a few seconds no heat coming out.it refused to work trying 2 weeks daily to get it to heat up.. I left it alone for 2 month and now it works perfectly fine. I've noticed others say the same if you leave a faulty hopper alone they will magically work again... Does anyone know why or how this is even possible?

Top Bottom