Discontinued Hopper io

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
thanks for the reply as a red light problem I'm assuming it's a backend issue also it is gonna cost me a fair bit to get it to the UK as I can't find them any place else so it looks like the USA it is then
I think Chosty is based out of Canada, FYI.

I’ve been using my IO a bit more recently with the onset of Spring and it being very pocketable. My original body does work better than the used body I purchased though the circumference of the heating chamber is a bit off since I bent it trying to remove the heating chamber from the body. If I don’t screw the frontend on all the way it won’t unscrew the heating chamber from the body when I want to unscrew the frontend for reloading. AND I still have brand new unused GBH3 batts in my refrigerator for future use. Cheers. :peace:

Vaporific,
Reactions: scouse

vapviking

Old & In the Way
thanks for the reply as a red light problem I'm assuming it's a backend issue also it is gonna cost me a fair bit to get it to the UK as I can't find them any place else so it looks like the USA it is then
Red lights can also mean a bad body component, perhaps a heat sensor.
Try swapping parts between the og and the io, to try to isolate the culprit.

Keep in mind the testing isn't going to help if your battery is degraded. And the io does need a good power cell or it wll get fidgety.

Btw, I believe Chosty does have a US web and shipping location.

I would suggest putting your money into something other than dinosaur parts.
So many great vapes from which to choose these days!

scouse

Red lights can also mean a bad body component, perhaps a heat sensor.
Try swapping parts between the og and the io, to try to isolate the culprit.

Keep in mind the testing isn't going to help if your battery is degraded. And the io does need a good power cell or it wll get fidgety.

Btw, I believe Chosty does have a US web and shipping location.

I would suggest putting your money into something other than dinosaur parts.
So many great vapes from which to choose these days!
i will try switching them as you said my problem is I need an on-demand vape as I have a very small amount of lung function and I use the Hopper io through a water rig and it really suits my needs:) but I do own a couple more devices a tiny might the 1st one also ghost mv1 and a firefly 2 and I actually got that out last night and I forgot how good flavour I get from that one .anyhow you convinced me to save my money so thanks my friend

JBone65

I am a recovering grasshopper addict with a story to tell......:)

Enjoyed almost 6 years stoned-as-shit after a $200 investment on a grasshopper 🦗in late 2016. Only paid $80 to upgrade to the io in 2020, and it lasted ~2 years before it finally died. Many folks got crosswise with Hopper and managed to void the valuable warranty, so this site was a hotbed of anger. I think I had 5-6 free repairs/replacements.

I'm enjoying weed almost as much as ever without it now, but I remember how much I relied on it then. That little silver pleasure-dispenser became my personal security blanket, thus usually in my pocket, or close at hand. Despite that, I think my consumption rate was lower with the io than it is now, and my current device is efficient. I fell into the habit of counting hits with the io, and postponing re-loadings whenever convenient.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
The grasshopper is a dinosaur. Gone. Done.

There are still a few roaming the earth, but as a species, they are toast.

@JBone65 I was also a happy hopper for years. I never got "crosswise" with a warranty, was never denied service, up until I, along with the rest of their customers, became dead to them. They fucked it all up, turned tail and ran. Twice. (Three if you count something called the Zen Pen.) Second time, they didn't come bouncing back.

Let's also remember that during their tenure, HL "sold" several items that were never delivered. Nice.

@GratefulDread, for many it was a love-hate relationship. Over the years HL operated I had to return hoppers for service (=replacement) more than 20 times.

I still have two bodies and a backend that were assigned warranty service numbers and are awaiting the email from HL that never came, the one that would tell me to send them in.

Two others sit in my drawer and are only used as a novelty. Yeah, they still hit hard, but so many other vapes have so much more to offer these days, I rarely bother.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Saw my OG SS and my blue Ti io in the drawer today looking sad...
My one GHB3 was toast, leaked for some reason. The ancient GHB2 batteries are still fine, go figure! LOL!

The io Ti still hits perfectly! Amazing little device! Unfortunate part was they had too many issues... Great idea!
My OG SS has the kit that was offered on FC for a while and is still hitting like day one!

Only had one backend die and that was replaced a few years ago.

The vape itself is bulletproof!
The insides were just too fragile for everyday, consistent use!

Still very nice to hit!

Dial on the middle mark.

Last edited:

Vaporific

The ancient GHB2 batteries are still fine, go figure! LOL!
Chosty is still selling Hopper batts, FYI (PSA). Got a recent email from them and bought a few new batts about 9 months ago from them, uncharged and stores behind the butter in my my fridge. Eventually, soon, I will charge and use them. Looking long back on my HL experience since ‘16, the batteries were the weakest part of the design. Perhaps too all the accumulation of gunk behind the heater. It’s all been beaten to death herein. Cheers. :peace:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Chosty is still selling Hopper batts, FYI (PSA). Got a recent email from them and bought a few new batts about 9 months ago from them, uncharged and stores behind the butter in my my fridge. Eventually, soon, I will charge and use them. Looking long back on my HL experience since ‘16, the batteries were the weakest part of the design. Perhaps too all the accumulation of gunk behind the heater. It’s all been beaten to death herein. Cheers. :peace:

They wouldn't stop emailing me no matter how many times I unsubscribed, fuck em lol

Edit to Add: so vaporific actually owns chosty! They reached out to apologize, I was on their email list so the system got confused between the two, why I got ch emails after I unsubscribed... So they are good people! No need to fuck negatively :D

Last edited:

Vaporific

They wouldn't stop emailing me no matter how many times I unsubscribed, fuck em lol

Edit to Add: so vaporific actually owns chosty! They reached out to apologize, I was on their email list so the system got confused between the two, why I got ch emails after I unsubscribed... So they are good people! No need to fuck negatively :D
I own Chosty? I think there’s another Vaporific floating around, lol. I still get emails but not bombarded with them - yet. I’ll unsub if that becomes the case. I’ve only placed one order with them and it was fine. All good I suppose. Cheers. :peace:

seriousTone

Yeah it's a shame about the company, I've luckily never had any problems with my og titanium and it still works perfectly. The only complaint I ever have is that it doesn't get the avb quite dark enough for me but I can live with that.

Finally bought two new batteries from chosty while they were 50% off. Finally time to break this bad boy out again.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I own Chosty? I think there’s another Vaporific floating around, lol. I still get emails but not bombarded with them - yet. I’ll unsub if that becomes the case. I’ve only placed one order with them and it was fine. All good I suppose. Cheers. :peace:
I was very confused about this too. It looks like @Vaporific.ca owns chosty.

Before today I thought that was owned by hopper labs. Shows what I know.
I was very confused about this too. It looks like @Vaporific.ca owns chosty.

We’re not related or the same person, LOL. Nice name though :)

Hahaha yes, sorry wasn't even thinking, a threat you are active in no less, totally forgot that was your name too! Coincidence that your username is that of a company is all... Yeah chosty apparently it's their new front for more US-based stuff (never thought it was GH themselves, just some connection)

Reefer Fiend

Lovin' Life
Just posting this as a public service announcement so you know what you will receive if you also order a new backend from Chosty.

I probably am one of the few remaining regular users of the Hopper IO. I have several that I rotate as my daily drivers. Recently one of my backends began acting up so I decided to buy a spare backend from Chosty. The good news is that it was promptly delivered and works perfectly. The bad news is that it's actually an OG Grasshopper backend, not a Hopper IO backend as was listed and shown on the Chosty website, but I still had to pay $135 for it.

I just checked the Chosty website and see that they now are identifying the available backends as being for the OG and the price now is $110. Looks like I was overcharged for what I received. It would be nice if they sent to me a couple of GHB3 batteries as compensation, but I am not holding my breath. I certainly don't need any more GHB2 batteries or GHB3 batteries labeled as GHB2.

PS - It pays to be a 'squeaky wheel'! Since the initial post less than an hour ago, Chosty got in touch with me to make me whole in this transaction. They are sending me 3 GHB3 batteries at no charge to more than cover the $25 overcharge from my backend purchase. They said they never intended to mislead anyone, and promptly corrected their website as soon as the issue came to light. We can only wish that Hopper Labs could have been so responsive to customer feedback, but oh well.

Last edited:

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Old friends :love:
DSCN1031.jpg

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I still have two working Ti hoppers from the original early bird pre-order. Nothing else has excited me more over the years for its unique design and stealth form. I just wish it didn't have those F%$#ing proprietary batteries. One of these days mine will stop working and that will be a shame.

Top Bottom