Discontinued Hopper io

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I just got an email from Hopper Labs:\
Me too, and just days after I placed an order with Chosty for some new batteries too. I could’ve applied the discount :bang: I wasn't sure if I got the email because of my order or HL is sending it out to its customers. It seems the latter. Hmm. We’ll see what and how long “retooling” is - LOL! :peace:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Ha…
Too short staffed to respond to emails…
Batteries still mis-marked as GH2… how many years have these been on the shelf…
Sorry, only see this as more bad news for that”company”. Just go bankrupt or chapter 13, and go away. Please…

seriousTone

Damn, this is perfect timing though as I hesitated buying the batteries again the other day. But goddamn, they want 10 bucks shipping... just price gouging at this point and collecting extra money - there's no way in hell a couple batteries costs more than 4 bucks to ship.

@RustyOldNail I wasn't aware they had a mislabeling fiasco as well...so do you think it's better off just paying the extra 2 bucks for the GH3 labels as they're most likely newer?

Last edited:

Vaporific

@RustyOldNail I wasn't aware they had a mislabeling fiasco as well...so do you think it's better off just paying the extra 2 bucks for the GH3 as they're most likely newer?
The labeling fiasco was at least a couple of years ago though it’s conceivable this batch is still around, somewhere. I’ve never heard of any option to choose which version as it’s always been you get what is offered. I’d want 3’s which I believe is what I’m getting. Which leads me to…

Batteries still mis-marked as GH2… how many years have these been on the shelf…
Are you implying the batts in Chosty are 2’s dressed in 3’s clothing? This I’m not aware of. I hope they are GHB3’s and I’ll find out soon. But I’m not using them right away and putting them on ice. :peace:

Vaporific,

seriousTone

The labeling fiasco was at least a couple of years ago though it’s conceivable this batch is still around, somewhere. I’ve never heard of any option to choose which version as it’s always been you get what is offered. I’d want 3’s which I believe is what I’m getting. Which leads me to…

Are you implying the batts in Chosty are 2’s dressed in 3’s clothing? This I’m not aware of. I hope they are GHB3’s and I’ll find out soon. But I’m not using them right away and putting them on ice. :peace:
Sorry to butt in but I don't think that's what he was implying. On the chosty site now there is an option for GH3 batteries that are mislabeled as GH2; they're 2 bucks cheaper.

felvapes

Hmm? I wonder if (long term, incredibly loyal, etc.) io owners might someday qualify for an upgrade discount.

I'm also optimistic HL will continue the excellent service we've all enjoyed...😁
Do you work for them? Lmao

When did they ever give excellent CS - the numerous pissed off customers would beg to differ lol

Incredibly loyal? As in anyone who kept giving them money?

Discount? Like the joke of an offer for the IO instead of just doing the CORRECT thing by customers and swapping the broken rma OG units for an io

They should be offering all of us with warranty claims freebies
And even then I would need to use the item faultlessly for a long time before I trusted them at all again

Vaporific

Sorry to butt in but I don't think that's what he was implying. On the chosty site now there is an option for GH3 batteries that are mislabeled as GH2; they're 2 bucks cheaper.
That option wasn’t available when I ordered my batts last week. This is new and I’m sorta pissed the site was just changed likely in concert with HL’s friggin email. There was a pic of 3’s in the site when I ordered and nothing about the mislabeled cells. Such BS and an extension of HL’s bullshit - again. I’m done with this company. I thought ordering new GHB3s would keep my Hoppers running but I don’t like or care for how they’ve done this. This is all BS - and I did read the site and it recently changed after I placed my order. I wouldn’t have ordered 2’s. And now it’s the only option with a different pic. Such BS!! :peace:

EDIT: I still haven’t received my batts and may return them if they’re not 3’s. Then I’ll be totally done with HL - FOREVER! Also in my defense I paid $14 per battery not $12, plus shipping and a small international transaction fee (I’m in the US) so the site and offering did change within the last week or so. Let’s see what they send me and if I’ll keep it or not!

Last edited:
Vaporific,

felvapes

That option wasn’t available when I ordered my batts last week. This is new and I’m sorta pissed the site was just changed likely in concert with HL’s friggin email. There was a pic of 3’s in the site when I ordered and nothing about the mislabeled cells. Such BS and an extension of HL’s bullshit - again. I’m done with this company. I thought ordering new GHB3s would keep my Hoppers running but I don’t like or care for how they’ve done this. This is all BS - and I did read the site and it recently changed after I placed my order. I wouldn’t have ordered 2’s. And now it’s the only option with a different pic. Such BS!! :peace:

EDIT: I still haven’t received my batts and may return them if they’re not 3’s. Then I’ll be totally done with HL - FOREVER!
I believe chosty is more than likely HL under a different website

felvapes,
Reactions: Grass Yes

vapviking

Old & In the Way
GHB2's (we know they are really mis-marked 3's) must be old stock (2yrs+ at this point).
Still really the only one place to buy, you gotta settle for what you can get, if you want/need to continue the ride.

My question goes to whether they will ever repair or replace my broken devices, plural? I will not send them $ for and upgrade, I'm with George W Bush, uh, fool me once and, uh.....Oh I forget, but I've been fooled too many times now. The re-set do-over game must not get another chance; they already re-designed the device to fix all the flaws -- got us all to send $ and upgrade -- and it utterly failed.

Obviously some folks have had success with this device (I have 2 in rotation, one of which I recently purchased used) but the trail of people and devices in this company's path is stunning.

[EDIT Weird, I don't have their email, maybe because I have multiple on-going warranty claims? I did get it!]
Wonder if I'll ever even see record of those claims on their new-new website when that launches. Once the hopper.io site launched, I never fully regained ability to see all of my history, I was gas-lighted.
I laugh where they say they are currently correcting "manufacturing issues", trying so hard not to say "device failure issues"! Company failure issues! People failure issues! Duh.

ALL of the Other Things aside, here is why I have come to dislike HL; They have repeatedly stated that, in their quest to make the best, most innovative device available, it is imperative that the company survive. Even if that means selling products they never bring to market. Or fucking people for years on normal service (they even wrote it into the warranty they they don't give a fuck how long service might take).

I so look forward to how they are going to present themselves and their corrected manufacturing. Pre-order, anyone?

No, this has been covered, it is a Canadian retailer now with US outlet and a new name. They've sold HL products for a long time.

Last edited:
vapviking,
Reactions: felvapes

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Idk why y'all hold out any hope for this company aside from their admittedly amazing product that I have purchased and sold twice. Only reason I sold was because I didn't want a 250$ paperweight. I've seen them do nothing but lie and be shady as fuck so why would we trust them AT ALL? and even if they are being truthful about things, why should anyone give them another chance?

Vaporific

No, they’re not the same. See @vapviking’s post above. They pulling a switcheroo however I’m 100% positive their site said and had a pic of GHB3 battery when I ordered, and I paid $14 per battery too not $12. There was not and still not an option to choose which version (2 or 3). It’s conceivable they ran out of 3’s recently and were provided with a batch of 2’s after I placed my order which is what we’re seeing now. I’m just not sure yet what I’ll get but I know I ordered GBH3’s. :peace:

Vaporific,

felvapes

Idk why y'all hold out any hope for this company aside from their admittedly amazing product that I have purchased and sold twice. Only reason I sold was because I didn't want a 250$ paperweight. I've seen them do nothing but lie and be shady as fuck so why would we trust them AT ALL? and even if they are being truthful about things, why should anyone give them another chance?
I wouldn't trust them at all
What are they being truthful about?
They have many customers to fix up still yet - until that is done there is no truth in their words at all

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
I wouldn't trust them at all
What are they being truthful about?
They have many customers to fix up still yet - until that is done there is no truth in their words at all
Still missing a hopper I sent for rma ( the reason I haven't kept the others

Zuhdj,
Reactions: felvapes

seriousTone

No, they’re not the same. See @vapviking’s post above. They pulling a switcheroo however I’m 100% positive their site said and had a pic of GHB3 battery when I ordered, and I paid $14 per battery too not $12. There was not and still not an option to choose which version (2 or 3). It’s conceivable they ran out of 3’s recently and were provided with a batch of 2’s after I placed my order which is what we’re seeing now. I’m just not sure yet what I’ll get but I know I ordered GBH3’s. :peace:
The "GH2" batteries they're selling are supposedly still GH3s just with the wrong label on them.

But yeah, they weren't on the site last week.

So you'll probably get the GH3 label.

I was just not aware of the mis labeling fiasco and that these batteries are most likely from years ago so wasnt sure of saving the 2 dollars was worth it...

But who knows, the correctly labeled GH3 batteries have probably been sitting around for at least a year as well.

seriousTone,
Reactions: Vaporific

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
The "GH2" batteries they're selling are supposedly still GH3s just with the wrong label on them.

But yeah, they weren't on the site last week.

So you'll probably get the GH3 label.

I was just not aware of the mis labeling fiasco and that these batteries are most likely from years ago so wasnt sure of saving the 2 dollars was worth it...

But who knows, the correctly labeled GH3 batteries have probably been sitting around for at least a year as well.

They are all probably older. But a QUALITY lithium battery has a shelf life of approximately 10 years.
Since these were a custom made size, you don’t have much if any choice if you have a currently working GH, so in that case you can roll the dice if you trust this vendor?
I bought 10 a year or so ago, made sure they were charged at the “storage rate” of 3.8 volts, and put them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

I doubt my 2 titanium IO’s will outlive the batteries, even though I rotate though various devices.
However, I’m enjoying it more, now that I use a Simrell Vortex, connected to the “performance” top. Vapor is much cooler and enjoyable.

Since I’m good on batteries, I would never give these clowns another cent…. they simply have shown many times they have ZERO RESPECT for their customers.

seriousTone

They are all probably older. But a QUALITY lithium battery has a shelf life of approximately 10 years.
Since these were a custom made size, you don’t have much if any choice if you have a currently working GH, so in that case you can roll the dice if you trust this vendor?
I bought 10 a year or so ago, made sure they were charged at the “storage rate” of 3.8 volts, and put them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

I doubt my 2 titanium IO’s will outlive the batteries, even though I rotate though various devices.
However, I’m enjoying it more, now that I use a Simrell Vortex, connected to the “performance” top. Vapor is much cooler and enjoyable.

Since I’m good on batteries, I would never give these clowns another cent…. they simply have shown many times they have ZERO RESPECT for their customers.
Want to get rid if a couple of your batteries? :D

seriousTone,
  • Haha
Reactions: Vaporific

JBone65

Do you work for them? Lmao

When did they ever give excellent CS - the numerous pissed off customers would beg to differ lol

Incredibly loyal? As in anyone who kept giving them money?

Discount? Like the joke of an offer for the IO instead of just doing the CORRECT thing by customers and swapping the broken rma OG units for an io

They should be offering all of us with warranty claims freebies
And even then I would need to use the item faultlessly for a long time before I trusted them at all again
I love HL. I'm spreading the word: HL is the greatest company that ever existed.

After six years of genuinely improving performance, my io's backend literally broke in pieces a few days ago.

I have alternatives, but having that in my pocket everywhere I went was truly enjoyable. I estimate 20,000 - 25,000 hits over a six year period for total combined upfront cost of $285.

I'll do or say almost anything for an opportunity to exchange the broken io for the new model. Not expecting much. HL will be swamped with broken io's if the exchange terms are too good.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
International io preorderer, but still never had a working io.
Sent a failing io body to HL well over a year ago at their request, to have it replaced & they never sent the replacement.
I currently have a failed og Hopper, an io backend & an io frontend but no body. Nobody at HL cares.
As for batteries I've got 'em, but for all the good they've done me I might as well have stuck them up my arse :razz:

:peace:

Vaporific

PSA: the Chosty site appears to have been updated again, now listing both the mislabeled batts for one price and the GBH3’s with a different price. I’ve been PM’ing with them about this. They sell other HL accessories too, FYI. :peace:

Vaporific,

kilo

I'm picking up some of the silicone mouthpieces. They work well as an 18mm WPA for the titanium stem on my TM2.

kilo,
Top Bottom