• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Haze Square

ginolicious

I’m yet to make a move anywhere. But to be honest. It appears that Ghost is doing a lot better and has released a product that works. Regardless if they go out of business. If they do 90% of users will have a working unit compared to 10% with the Square.

Every night I use my Square I always ask is it going to work for not. Last night it gave me 3 nice potent hits. Monday, it gave me shit all and upset me.

Djsleepy

Weird given hazes outcome so many of you are flocking to a company doing the exact same thing.............lolz.

Me..... I'm wAiting .....I got two functional squares and plenty of supplies.....that will give more time to see ghosts progress.....also the square (when working right) as well the ghost seem to be delivering better effects and flavor than most other v apes on market from what I've read on forums.....the vape industry is as prone to.failure as the restaurant industry.....so any of these companies can go under......it's a risk we take as vapers imo......

Jastoned

I guess my free one-time upgrade to the Haze Square V2 that was a part of the preordered purchase is out the window? Lol. It was a good concept they sold us, but in my case, they never delivered a working vaporizer. I had many dealings with their customer service and returned my Haze twice, finally giving up when they suggested I should learn how to use it better, lol. The only way I ever got mine to produce vapor was to continually re-press the button 2-3 times and ignore haptic feedback entirely. And even still, a very subpar performing vape at best. I doubt I'll preorder again, probably my bad on that one. Also, it is interesting how this vape was touted as the next coming by some major reviewers, but by years end it was completely off their radar as a recommendable vape. I preordered it based on reviewer hype about prototypes they were given for review purposes. I feel bad for any company going out of business, but honestly much less for one that took my 200$ and provided me a paper weight. The V2 that will never get made is something I feel I paid for and will obviously never receive, so yeah, there's that too. Still in search of a vape that provides session-type capacity with on-demand capability and convenience.

George1151

I don't (didn't lol) see the Dual as being at a disadvantage because you could (if needed) bring along extra batteries, cans, mouthpieces etc. Those were advantages in my eyes. I never considered a Square because I thought the built in battery was a BIG step backwards from the Dual that had removable batteries.

Haze going titsup was surprising in that the Dual was an established product that had been around a good while, had great customer service (when Scott was associated with them) was innovative, looked great, was amazing for stealth use in public and I could go on with it's strengths. To go from that to bust by releasing the Square when they should not have and then not having the resources, manpower, or cash to backup a beta that should never have been released to the paying public is a case study of what not to do in the cannabis business.

Living in Canada the Ghost as good as it may be, is selling for S&B Mighty dollars. Not the same category mind you but not on my next vape list due to cost, shipping, conversion etc. Why more companies don't have Canadian based distribution in one of the first countries to legalize cannabis is pretty lame. I would think it is due to lack of resources, planning, understanding of the market. Can't see Haze being the last company going bust either. A lot of them must be in the same boat.

One of the big reasons why China took over manufacturing of everything is because the government has subsidized shiping making it almost free. They also subsidize sea container shipping costs making other countries uncompetitive. Plus no environmental or labour regulations that were meaningful in any form.

Brewervapesalot

Brewervapesalot,

Improvaper

My Square Pro went belly up like the company tonight.

You know, it's funny. The DAY that I learned of Haze's demise I dropped my mouthpiece. Just chipped the tip enough to make it almost painful to use. Of course there are silicone covers for that but...

Then it's been doing this thing where every other time I connect it to charge it goes completely dead until I open her up and yank the battery. So I started carrying an allen wrench everywhere the Square went. Fun. But then...

Tonight the coil connectors seem to have died from the backside with those flimsy-ass wires. I'll probably go deeper and try to reconnect it just to restore my museum piece for special moments. It is one of my favorite, most flavorful vapes. I'll miss her company.

Mistvape Imp and box mod arrive to replace her next week.

Hey, if I can't get her going, I have like 7 unused coils here..... jus' sayin'....

Improvaper,
Reactions: arb

guyonthecouch

Weird given hazes outcome so many of you are flocking to a company doing the exact same thing.............lolz.
Trying to find a link to resident Pipes' "The Project" but can't seem to find it (maybe he took it down :shrug:,too busy making IH :D). Why rely on a company when you can do it yourself!

The one man Army named @Pipes is a force to be reckoned with :rockon:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
For what it's worth guys I will say again that the Aero is seeming like a solid option. I know its not on demand, but with the dual bowls and (session) convection it is feeling pretty nice so far. It might do what I wanted from the Square even better actually. Battery life is solid and the company is strong (new FocusVape, now run by an industry vet and they have their own factory) all for less than $130 is what clinches it I think.

I do need more time with it, but they are available now so I figured I'd mention it here again for anyone who might be interested... A simple shareable powerful portable with dual bowls an good support

ginolicious

For what it's worth guys I will say again that the Aero is seeming like a solid option. I know its not on demand, but with the dual bowls and (session) convection it is feeling pretty nice so far. It might do what I wanted from the Square even better actually. Battery life is solid and the company is strong (new FocusVape, now run by an industry vet and they have their own factory) all for less than $130 is what clinches it I think.

I do need more time with it, but they are available now so I figured I'd mention it here again for anyone who might be interested... A simple shareable powerful portable with dual bowls an good support

Was looking at that one. Just don’t like how it’s not on demand. And the bowls are huge. Square bowls were too big for me too sadly.

Shit Snacks

Was looking at that one. Just don’t like how it’s not on demand. And the bowls are huge. Square bowls were too big for me too sadly.

Yeah, I feel you since I had been exclusively on demand for years, but sometimes a session style can be nice too (been enjoying the Fury2 for that previously with glass stem mostly, would like to try the Fierce). Bowl size too, since I mainly use glass stem vapes I too am predisposed toward microdosing, but it is not always ideal for sharing... I of course also prefer the glass for taste.

Square bowls were also want to big for me, and tough to get most out of them. These bowls are big too it is true, but smaller than the Square and more thorough as well. Finally the mighty dosing capsules apparently fit perfectly so that could help? I have never used them but I will try microdosing again in my Aero with a screen on top or something else maybe...

ginolicious

Yeah, I feel you since I had been exclusively on demand for years, but sometimes a session style can be nice too (been enjoying the Fury2 for that previously with glass stem mostly, would like to try the Fierce). Bowl size too, since I mainly use glass stem vapes I too am predisposed toward microdosing, but it is not always ideal for sharing... I of course also prefer the glass for taste.

Square bowls were also want to big for me, and tough to get most out of them. These bowls are big too it is true, but smaller than the Square and more thorough as well. Finally the mighty dosing capsules apparently fit perfectly so that could help? I have never used them but I will try microdosing again in my Aero with a screen on top or something else maybe...

Fully understand what you mean about passing shit around. Back in my day we did bongs with one hitters. Schums or what ever people called em. Not poppers. Not tobacco and we had no issues repacking bongs. I feel on demand good size pods would provide the same blazing style.

Shit Snacks

Fully understand what you mean about passing shit around. Back in my day we did bongs with one hitters. Schums or what ever people called em. Not poppers. Not tobacco and we had no issues repacking bongs. I feel on demand good size pods would provide the same blazing style.

Yeah, I have so many glass stems I could totally do that dry, and at home through water (even using a log instead)... Did that with a buddy once, kinda nice to pass the vape like its a lighter while you each get your own bowl like a little pipe. Something about the joint passing experience though... if only efficiency (and often vapor quality) didn't have to suffer for the simplicity of that style

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: stark1

Djsleepy

Well I can say pretty confidently ....one of Haze's biggest.problems were the batteries.....the two I got replaced.both had swollen batteries then started.malfunctioning.....not just normal swelling this is.literally tops look like seperating .......can't put back in once removed......so with the last.two I got nov3 and dec1 are bot h losing punch and sure enuff they were swollenswollen but having gone thru this four times I was ready.and looked for.the signs....put in two new batteries and BAM!!!!!Super Vape.....so with heavy usage.like me or with high heats batteries are gonna fail .....if not damage unit....imo there was no way to fix this as.it a design flaw... amongst other things that led to the demise of haze.....

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Are the SQ batteries the same as the Duals?

Seems like Haze may have tried to stay afloat by cutting production cost, here and there?

The Sq was prolly their “wholly” grail, but substandard production caved in the company?

Too bad, Haze was unique, Haze was (almost) great.

stark1,
Reactions: Whisper

ginolicious

Are the SQ batteries the same as the Duals?

Seems like Haze may have tried to stay afloat by cutting production cost, here and there?

The Sq was prolly their “wholly” grail, but substandard production caved in the company?

Too bad, Haze was unique, Haze was (almost) great.

No. Different batteries.

ginolicious,
Reactions: stark1

Djsleepy

This is gonna hurt .....my two units with two new batteries made it thru a few.pods and nothing....tried everything.yesterday and today.....even Sent to 480 for a two hits then cold unit.....cold after 480????? Well I posted this earlier
What's new in this version
Version 1.3.1 - Reverse Restore Defaults Presets Version 1.3.0 - New Setting # Titles Added. Version 1.1.0 - New Default Settings - Better Temperature Accuracy Version 1.0.0 - First public release - Please give feedback on how to make the app better! Version 0.9.2 - Initial full feature test release.[/QUOTE]

After going to 480 and unit be cool not warm to hot......I believe the units went out with inaccurate temps settings....when probs raised they did firmware which says "better temperature accuracy version" which may be why units were combusting....but apparently their new change was causing issues and they went to default to try and fix via frimware.....which ended up being unfixable via firmware and there we are....

Regardless of.exactly.what it was .....for those of you that were right about haze again I am sorry.... you were right.....now I need to get something new ....hopefully with better results!

Last edited by a moderator:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
This is gonna hurt .....my two units with two new batteries made it thru a few.pods and nothing....tried everything.yesterday and today.....even Sent to 480 for a two hits then cold unit.....cold after 480????? Well I posted this earlier
What's new in this version
Version 1.3.1 - Reverse Restore Defaults Presets Version 1.3.0 - New Setting # Titles Added. Version 1.1.0 - New Default Settings - Better Temperature Accuracy Version 1.0.0 - First public release - Please give feedback on how to make the app better! Version 0.9.2 - Initial full feature test release.

Do you have spare coils? At 480 you may have damaged the coils, on both?
Wonder why you went above 450 degrees ( combustion ). BHO?

‘Busted?

What is the highest temp setting on the SQ.

Last edited:
stark1,

Djsleepy

After going to 480 and unit be cool not warm to hot......I believe the units went out with inaccurate temps settings....when probs raised they did firmware which says "better temperature accuracy version" which may be why units were combusting....but apparently their new change was causing issues and they went to default to try and fix via frimware.....which ended up being unfixable via firmware and there we are....

Regardless of.exactly.what it was .....for those of you that were right about haze again I am sorry.... you were right.....now I need to get something new ....hopefully with better results!

Do you have spare coils? At 480 you may have damaged the coils, on both?
Wonder why you went above 450 degrees ( combustion ).

‘Busted?

What is the highest temp setting on the SQ?[/QUOTE]

480is highest my coils were.brand new....the reason I went to 480 is to see.if unit.would produce vapor.....wouldn't even.combust?????? Got.two.hits.and then nothing....I would never go that high but I knew it was malfunctioning and wanted to see if 480 would do anything.

Top Bottom