beefsupreme

Thanks to Willeh for the help and Poko for the load tips, I like to "go with whatever makes you happy". The shipping tracker shows I should get it tomorrow.

One last question, do the batteries come pre-charged? :razz:

beefsupreme,
Reactions: FlashVAPE

noobers

Thanks for everyone's advice and opinions, just ordered a silver fvs2! I'm starting to use herb again for the first time since college, and this is my first ever vape, so you could say I'm excited for the delivery...

Anyone know of any suitable multi-chargers that would work with the 3.7s?
Having 4 3.7s and only one charger could be a hassle for us scatterbrained folks.

OF

Having 4 3.7s and only one charger could be a hassle for us scatterbrained folks.

Sure. Both the dual chargers TV sells (or has sold) for charging the nearly identical batteries they use will do a bang up job, I used the second one last night on my just received ones in fact:

http://www.amazon.com/UltraFire-Batteries-Charger-Lithium-Battery/dp/B009XMQ2CQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362155053&sr=8-1&keywords=wf 188 charger
http://www.amazon.com/Tenergy-2-Channel-Li-ion-Battery-Charger/dp/B004HGM4YI

The first has more options (charge rate and voltage), the second one is faster, simpler and cheaper to convert to car use.

OF

Sure. Both the dual chargers TV sells (or has sold) for charging the nearly identical batteries they use will do a bang up job, I used the second one last night on my just received ones in fact:

http://www.amazon.com/UltraFire-Batteries-Charger-Lithium-Battery/dp/B009XMQ2CQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362155053&sr=8-1&keywords=wf 188 charger
http://www.amazon.com/Tenergy-2-Channel-Li-ion-Battery-Charger/dp/B004HGM4YI

The first has more options (charge rate and voltage), the second one is faster, simpler and cheaper to convert to car use.

OF
Thank you very much,that was exactly what indeed to know! Well that and where I left the damn remote,but that's a whole different forum that probably doesn't exist.
Thanks again.

OF

Thank you very much,that was exactly what indeed to know! Well that and where I left the damn remote,but that's a whole different forum that probably doesn't exist.
Thanks again.

You're welcome, of course. I'll put it on your bill.

BTW, check under the second cushion on the couch. There's also 38 cents there, not much of a dent in the next gram but.....

Oh, yeah, the battery's dead......

OF

Chill Dude

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Too bad Flashvape doesn't carry the dual charger for the 3.7s. I'm sure that would be a top selling accessory for the S2 kit. I would have liked to get that when I ordered my FVS2 last week. For convenience, I tend to like to order everything I need at one time through one vendor.....

I know where my remote is, but I can't find my fucking keys. I'll try the refrigerator.....

Willeh

I like the s2 so much I just went ahead and ordered a second charger and set of batteries with it. Two single chargers is almost a double, it lets me keep a spare juiced battery in both rooms I'd use it in.

EDIT: I also got my S2 hooked up to a nice bubbler using some 7th floor tubing and some wizardry. I had to cut a shim of tubing the size of the mouthpiece and slide that inside another 1.5 inch piece of tubing. It makes a 100% airtight seal but took about 15 minutes to get to be air tight.

Shmoo

EDIT: I also got my S2 hooked up to a nice bubbler using some 7th floor tubing and some wizardry. I had to cut a shim of tubing the size of the mouthpiece and slide that inside another 1.5 inch piece of tubing. It makes a 100% airtight seal but took about 15 minutes to get to be air tight.

Pics and/or video? :D

Shmoo,

OF

Gents,

While getting to know my new S2 kit I got to tripping on the basic design and how it's running the heater a lot hotter now. Same heater.....

Got me to wondering how powerful it really is. We can't just put our Ammeters in at the tube end like you would at lower currents, as Heisenberg pointed out, the experimenter becomes part of the experiment and the observer's observations are no longer (as) valid. That is the meter itself will lower the total power, giving is false data.

However, I think I have a solution. Pipes, I hope you got your ears on. We have the light bulb, which will be brighter for higher voltages at the screen (therefore higher currents and more power). Exactly how and why don't matter if we can match that light level later.

Here's what I propose. We tape a phototransistor or other sensor over the bulb and shield it from outside light (a wad of clay?). Then using the factory battery (fully charged of course) we 'read' the light level on a meter based on the sensor conduction. Not calibrating it, just noting the light level at that point.

Then tap in a Power Supply with enough current capacity for the job and able to provide the volt or so lost in the external wiring, meter and other stuff we've added. Understand it's just making up for the losses, the battery is still in circuit and basically doing all the work. Dial that second power supply up until you hit the same light level as before (match currents) and then read directly the current it took to make that happen! Easy, once you have the supply.....and Brother Pipes I believe we've been discussing just such a supply?

OF

I have absolutely no idea what any of that means,but I like the accent and the way you use punctuation. So you got my support for the next Pope.
Gents,

While getting to know my new S2 kit I got to tripping on the basic design and how it's running the heater a lot hotter now. Same heater.....

Got me to wondering how powerful it really is. We can't just put our Ammeters in at the tube end like you would at lower currents, as Heisenberg pointed out, the experimenter becomes part of the experiment and the observer's observations are no longer (as) valid. That is the meter itself will lower the total power, giving is false data.

However, I think I have a solution. Pipes, I hope you got your ears on. We have the light bulb, which will be brighter for higher voltages at the screen (therefore higher currents and more power). Exactly how and why don't matter if we can match that light level later.

Here's what I propose. We tape a phototransistor or other sensor over the bulb and shield it from outside light (a wad of clay?). Then using the factory battery (fully charged of course) we 'read' the light level on a meter based on the sensor conduction. Not calibrating it, just noting the light level at that point.

Then tap in a Power Supply with enough current capacity for the job and able to provide the volt or so lost in the external wiring, meter and other stuff we've added. Understand it's just making up for the losses, the battery is still in circuit and basically doing all the work. Dial that second power supply up until you hit the same light level as before (match currents) and then read directly the current it took to make that happen! Easy, once you have the supply.....and Brother Pipes I believe we've been discussing just such a supply?

OF

OF

I have absolutely no idea what any of that means,but I like the accent and the way you use punctuation. So you got my support for the next Pope.

Works for me, thanks for the support.

Time to get back to working on Whirled Peas I guess?

OF

OF,
Reactions: ShipDit

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
OF
I like it, a power reference meter, so to speak. Great for matching power levels.
The fun continues.....

And OF, don't take the job of Pope, we need you here. Besides, not sure how the Vatican will be with a vaping Pope. A first for sure, and you'd have to learn to tweet too. ;)

OF

And OF, don't take the job of Pope, we need you here. Besides, not sure how the Vatican will be with a vaping Pope. A first for sure, and you'd have to learn to tweet too. ;)

Gotta lean to tweet? Deal's off. A guys got to have values, after all.

I mean a job where you sit around in robes all day is attractive and all, but when it comes to folks kissing something of mine, a ring is a long way down the list......

Let the First Runner Up have the job. They probably need it worse than me anyway.

OF

And OF, don't take the job of Pope, we need you here. Besides, not sure how the Vatican will be with a vaping Pope. A first for sure, and you'd have to learn to tweet too.
They've been smoking in the Vatican for centuries,that's what that puff of white smoke means when a new Pope is chosen. So if we see a whisp of vapor instead,that means the Cardinals have chosen OF,regardless of his religion. He has no choice in the matter because it's all been foretold in both the Bible (Revelations 4:20) and Hustler magazine. But there is a loophole, if no one in the Catholic church can pronounce his name then he's off the hook. Cardinal Charles Sheen made this statement to the masses waiting outside Saint Pauls Cathedral, "we cannot reach a consensus. Half say it's OF as in cough,half say it's OF as in dove,so at this point we don't know what the fuck to do". If no decision can be made the Cardnals will make the choice by the oldest and most sacred method in the Bible...they will flip a coin.
When asked about the matter, OF stated that cannot serve as any kind of church official because he has never molested a child,not even one.
While you have to respect his stance on not fucking children,it would be cool if a member of FC was the leader of the worlds second largest religion. Or is it the third largest? One of the top 3 for sure. Either way he could institute a world-wide FC discount if he chose to do so. Or he could outlaw pants or even Midgets if he wanted.
He could even tell the entire Christian faith to legalize marijuana or God would bitch-slap anyone who dared to defy his word. Until this matter is resolved actor Mel Gibson will act as temporary Pope. He was chosen due to the fact he made a movie about Christ and has no problems molesting children.
I take this astounding news as a sign that things are getting pretty weird in the Vatican. Or it could be a sign that I need to stop using drugs....but that ain't happening so it looks like OF will have to step up and put on his Pope-cap and robes. And you know damn well he'll be free-balling under those robes. Either that or the Mel Gibson thing.

Willeh

2up8sio.jpg
My biggest tip is cut down the shim slowly so its a little long and make sure the edges are like // and not straight so it forms a seal.

Edit: Also I a few of miniinthebox 0.50$ mini bubblers in different varieties. Those look like they should be a nice addition to the flashvape :D

speedyg

Received my S2 kit today. It transformed my FV into a wicked vaping machine:rockon:

Heats up sooner and feels like it runs quite a bit hotter with the 3.7 batteries. Only downside is I'm becoming cross-eyed from looking into the window:lol:

Well I got my FV + S2 kit and am inclined to agree with the praise people have been heaping on it. Build quality is fantastic for the price and I appreciate that it's made in Canada. It's heavy and solid enough that you could actually use it as a cudgel if need be!

The performance of the S2 kit is very strong and does surpass the Solo, although the room for user error is huge compared to the Solo and I can definitely see combustion being a potential when sharing with new friends.

One downside is that I broke the interior arms on my Ceramic S2 piece within 24 hours. It still works to elevate the screen, but the instructions are quite serious when it warns that this component is delicate.

Using a cut and reshaped Volcano liquid pad works very well in the S2 setup, just make sure that your pad is dense enough and your loads aren't tremendous enough that the liquid might drip through.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but how warm does the FlashVape feel to the touch with the S2 kit?

Pretty damn hot if you're trying to juice it, but I only find it more comfortable to hold at that temperature. Whenever I've opened up a hot unit to check the battery, the battery itself has been surprisingly cool.

optiato

After reading the posts of everyone's shipments coming in today, I ran outside to find... nothing there. :(

optiato,

JoeKickass

One downside is that I broke the interior arms on my Ceramic S2 piece within 24 hours. It still works to elevate the screen, but the instructions are quite serious when it warns that this component is delicate.
Same thing happened to me! I was hoping they didn't ship them all in those memory card cases, I think the problem is the foam is only on one side so the ceramic can hit the plastic. It needs to be sandwiched in foam it's so delicate...

I think it develops micro-fractures or something, mine looked fine but broke when I heated it up a few times

But yes it is quite awesome, I kept pushing it and pushing it expecting combustion and only got vapor!

marduk

daydreamer
Got my FVS2 today! Build quality is EXCELLENT, and it's a bit smaller and heavier than I expected. And it sure feels like a premium vaporizer in your hand. The FV is worth the money, no doubt about it.

I'm curious about the Stage-2 charger and batteries.... The first S2 battery I charged took 5 and a half hours to get a full charge. The other one is charging now, and I expect it will take the same amount of time. I read earlier in the thread that the battery charge times should be around 2 to 3 hours for a depleted battery. Maybe that was true of the 3.2 volt batteries only? So I'm wondering if I got a bum charger, or if the 3.7 volt batteries really take this long to charge. If this is normal, then I'm going to need extra batteries, because an almost 6-hour charge is stretching it too far for two batteries.

Anyone else getting these long charge times, or is it just me?

marduk,
Top Bottom