Vapodudule

@paka
Could you describe the cloud you obtain from an inverted new FV?

A whole new way to vape could open. Did somebody could try to use two s2 spacers to put away screen and give (may be) some margin with massive heat?

i miss that device. i hope i discover the new one soon.

Vapodudule,
Reactions: 364F

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
that would be radiation...the third way to transfer heat.

Paka...are you saying you are using your older 3.2 batts in the hotter FV? I was going to try it but didn't. I tried the upside down mode with the 3.7s towards the end of a bowl and got little, but that might be due it being the end of the bowl. I was going to try the 3.2 with the normal S2 usage but didn't when others reported it didn't work.

Yes, I was comparing the 3.2V battery in both the GM and SB. The 3.2V inverted will give some vapour but not a lot. My original hope was that the 3.2V would run hot enough in the GM to work with the S2 spacer, but it really isn't hot enough. Again, some vapour but weak.

@paka
Could you describe the cloud you obtain from an inverted new FV?

A whole new way to vape could open. Did somebody could try to use two s2 spacers to put away screen and give (may be) some margin with massive heat?

i miss that device. i hope i discover the new one soon.

I don't normally try to extract clouds, but I could draw pretty thick vapour from it for as long as I wanted. I think the inverted FV can deliver as big a cloud as you want. I am waiting to get another S2 spacer (new version) to test whether doubling up has as much effect in eliminating the risk of combustion. (My GM wasn't an S2 version.) I think it will be almost as good as inversion. We'll see.

pakalolo,
Reactions: 364F

FlashVAPE

...fast and efficient ! http://flashvape.com
Manufacturer
YES, we've tried that and it does elevate the herbs way above the heat source, almost 1/3 the way up the bowl. We've also tried placing an additional tabbed screen between the 2 spacers to further act as a baffle to even out temperature of the convection hot air. It works well to create further distance between the heating element and the materials being vaped, so it does lessen the likelihood of combustion with longer heating times in S2 mode.

We are making the S2 ceramic spacer as an item available separately from the S2 kit in the next few hours, so please stay tuned :)

EDIT:

Here is the link to the new S2 ceramic spacer, now listed live :

http://flashvape.com/fv-accessories/flashvape-stage-2-ceramic-spacer-with-2-tabbed-screens/

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I've sent you PM. Dont worry, we will sort it out. thanks!

Hi All,

I know it's been some time since I've posted, but wanted to report in that my FV was replaced and that I now understand completely all the references to combustion, power, versatility, flexbility, and utter AMAZINGNESS (a word I now dedicate solely to this awesome device). :rockon:

Thanks to everyone involved for helping me reach the point of vaping bliss! Will never again willingly combust. And a really big THANK YOU to FlashVape for bringing such a high quality device to market and for supporting its customer base. :tup:

So on to....:smug:

Loading chamber, 1/2 with herb...
Sign on the door, states Do Not Disturb..
Pressing that silver button's no strain..
I love you Mary Jane..

She never complains, when I vape Mary.
Avoiding that flame, never bringing forth a cherry...
The vapor's so good to me, when I hit on the FlashVape S2, hold for a while, and then release...

Again, a sincere Thank You to everyone!

BR,
DDave (a very satisfied customer) :bowdown:

ehakim

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate thread for this question but here it is anyways, has anyone tried using the concentrate trays in a flashvape??

ehakim,

ehakim

Awesome video man, I'm guessing if you used the 3.7 without the spacer you would get vapor production much sooner?

ehakim,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Awesome video man, I'm guessing if you used the 3.7 without the spacer you would get vapor production much sooner?

Oooooo! You reminded me I haven't tried to see how the tray sits inside the new S2 spacer. I'll be right back...

Bah! If anything it makes it worse. :cuss:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

Actually my original plan was to do this without the spacer. But I forgot to remove it before loading and was too drunk/stoned/lazy to remove the concentrate trays and re-load them after removing the spacer. So as you can see, there is enough conduction occurring - even in S2 spacer mode - to vaporize the concentrate. I'm sure it would've heated up much faster without the spacer and the 3.7s in there, though.

:peace:

ehakim

Ill do plenty of tests once my flashvape arrives and keep you guys posted, until then anything I should know that isn't covered in the 60 something pages of this thread?

ehakim,

bleak

Stoner Gear Peddler
Accessory Maker
I'm discussing portable vaporizer options on a different forum, and have recommended the Flashvape. One user of the FV is complaining that he can't get rid of the "charred taste" after combusting in the FV, even after cleaning. This hasn't been my experience, I feel that any burned tastes disappeared after a good clean and a burn off. Does anyone have any suggestions I can pass on to this guy?

Tweek

I'm discussing portable vaporizer options on a different forum, and have recommended the Flashvape. One user of the FV is complaining that he can't get rid of the "charred taste" after combusting in the FV, even after cleaning. This hasn't been my experience, I feel that any burned tastes disappeared after a good clean and a burn off. Does anyone have any suggestions I can pass on to this guy?

Is he cleaning it thoroughly? It's really important to clean out the top cap, screen, etc, etc if you want to get rid of that charred taste from combustion.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

During my last round of testing I stopped any cleaning but brushing off the screens, and I don't mean with ISO. Maybe my taste buds are dead but I really didn't get a lingering burnt taste. It would go back to normal after a couple of hits.

The top screen is the main culprit. He should remove the top glass and brush with ISO from both sides, but be careful not to push the screen out. He can also soak and brush the tabbed screen, but in my experience it doesn't retain the taste much at all. I've probably combusted in mine more than anyone else (mostly intentional) and neither of my FVs have a burnt taste.

ehakim

Got my Fv today and was very excited to use it, while the batteries charged up I took the top portion of the cap only to find what looks like corrosion in 3 places and it also transferred to the treads of the top part. It's to the point where after a rotation or two it becomes extremely difficult to turn. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. Ill try and get a picture posted tonight, has anyone else experienced this?

ehakim,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I haven't seen anything like corrosion on it at all . But it is very difficult for me to remove or screw back on like you said after the first two turns its a lot of work to cinch it tight so the glass dosen't rattle around when you shake the FV . I don't know if this is normal or not , the threading on that piece seems a bit odd . Maybe not much help but my experience .:peace:

Tweek

Hmm, haven't seen anything like that on mine. Definitely post pics so we can figure out what it may be. Hopefully it is just something off the grease, etc.

Oh, and top cap has always been tight on mine.

Tweek,

FlashVAPE

...fast and efficient ! http://flashvape.com
Manufacturer
Got my Fv today and was very excited to use it, while the batteries charged up I took the top portion of the cap only to find what looks like corrosion in 3 places and it also transferred to the treads of the top part. It's to the point where after a rotation or two it becomes extremely difficult to turn. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. Ill try and get a picture posted tonight, has anyone else experienced this?

The corrosion you are referring to is probably heat carbon spotting on the heating element screen. As each unit is briefly tested after assembly to ensure it is producing heat properly, there will be some spotting on the heating element screen, since it is heated for only 1-2 seconds on a brand new screen. If you do a dry run by pressing the power button for a long time, you will see that almost the entire surface of the heating element screen will change color as it is heated.

The top ceramic bowl retainer piece (the part with the 2 large rubber o-rings on it), as well as the main switch housing which it is threaded onto, are machined from solid aluminum alloy. You dont need to worry about corrosion, as aluminum will not rust. The friction you are experiencing is from the top ceramic bowl piece rubbing against the retainer as you turn it (since the ceramic bowl inside doesn't turn). You will want to place a thin metal wire (less than 2mm diameter) through the side vents to secure the ceramic parts in place as you turn the top. Initially, it may be harder to turn since being tightened after assembly. However, a little tapping on the top and side of the retainer may help loosen it as it turns. You may wish to apply a little silicon lub on the outside of the ceramic bowl or on the inside wall of the retainer before re-assembly, but I dont think it will be necessary.

For instructions on how to remove the top-retainer and change the heating element screen, please refer to this guide: http://flashvape.com/pages/how-tos/how-to-replace-fv-heating-element-screen.html

If you have any other questions, please feel free to PM me or email: flashvape@gmail.com

:)

ehakim

On the threading as well

And I think this the blueish dot I've read about on the underside

Sorry for the two posts please delete the first one

ehakim,

JoeKickass

Mine has bare spots from the holders used to dip the pieces too. Flashlights don't have these marks do they, how do they do it?

JoeKickass,

ehakim

Can i still soak this thing in iso? i thought i saw a picture somewhere but i cant find it again Someone should make I cleaning video (I'm looking at you Herbalreview ;) ) I find this vape isn't that well know online and it should be! There's only a handful of YouTube videos and online reviews. We need to spread the word about the flashvape!

ehakim,

ehakim

Thanks I find even after an accidentally combustion this thing does t really reak like an mflb

ehakim,
Top Bottom