• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Firewood Vaporizer

Jacer

I am confident that he will take care of you. You may just have a bit of a wait given he's on the precipice of a launch. But when my button stuck he fixed it and got it back to me in a week while launching the 7.

I agree that the button could use an upgrade. A more positive click so you can be sure you've got the number of presses you want, etc. And maybe a button mechanism that feels a little less fragile.

My guess is it's gonna be great.
It actually dried out a bit and I managed to wiggle it undone and it seems to be clicking as normal! Gonna keep letting it dry out before I really put the electronics to a bowl test, but it seems to be buzzing as intended and everything. Dodged a bullet I think lol

Allbusinessjr

Marc is still repairing FW7's right? A literal tiny bit of water got onto the button without me noticing and I pressed it in, and now it's stuck depressed into the device. The electronics still function completely fine, the button is just stuck :/

This is one of my all time favorite vapes so I'll do anything to get it repaired, I just need someone to reassure me I'm not totally boned here lol I love this vape too much

Edit: It dried out a bit and I managed to wiggle it unstuck and it seems to be working as intended again!
Same happened to mine and it also fixed itself. Marc got back to me and recommended using tweezers to grip and rotate the button in the event that it happens again.

Allbusinessjr,
Reactions: Jacer

3xFantasyChamp

FW7 is the one I could never get a hold of. Never wanted to pay the crazy prices they sometimes sell for. Excited for the 8 but I already know getting one will be a headache lol. Nice to see the page updated.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
PXL-20220305-213934336.jpg

Heady 14mm male tentacle rig from DHgate is actually really great using dry with FW7:cool:

Hey if anyone was interested in this one, but wanted to pay less, and get it faster, I found it available from the seller on eBay now too:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Isn't FW the one that sells on Sunday eves, kinda first-come-first-serve? I've been really turned off by that, and I don't bother with the feeding frenzy.
I wish he would do something more like a lottery...

Does anyone know any specifics of the new FW8?

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Isn't FW the one that sells on Sunday eves, kinda first-come-first-serve? I've been really turned off by that, and I don't bother with the feeding frenzy.

You're correct. The Sunday drops aren't as bad as the quarterly Lamart drops and at least there's no unusual payment hoop to jump through.

The store goes live with a small number of finished units and you just have to be at your computer to check out. I wouldn't want him to wait until he has fifty made just so the slow pokes don't get mad.

Similarly, opting to do a drawing sounds lame to me: like let's give everyone the same chance to.. buy something scarce on the internet? Fuck that. If you want one try to buy one and if you're too slow try again in a week or two. No reason a vape maker should be putting names in a hat to soothe our fomo.

If I was buying a custom glass piece or something on Craigslist I know I should try to be first and I have no interest in giving equal opportunity to those who either don't know or don't try.

PossumMD

Okay, everyone keeps saying that, but what does it entail? Cos I literally have no idea how that works. Has the way you buy anything changed? Cos I've bought stuff before where you pay *after* the order has gone through and been confirmed, but those ordering scenarios were the same as normal orders until you don't have to pay.

PossumMD,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
You're correct. The Sunday drops aren't as bad as the quarterly Lamart drops and at least there's no unusual payment hoop to jump through.

The store goes live with a small number of finished units and you just have to be at your computer to check out. I wouldn't want him to wait until he has fifty made just so the slow pokes don't get mad.

Similarly, opting to do a drawing sounds lame to me: like let's give everyone the same chance to.. buy something scarce on the internet? Fuck that. If you want one try to buy one and if you're too slow try again in a week or two. No reason a vape maker should be putting names in a hat to soothe our fomo.

If I was buying a custom glass piece or something on Craigslist I know I should try to be first and I have no interest in giving equal opportunity to those who either don't know or don't try.
I guess we'll disagree, but my point is not about people getting mad or needing fomo stroked.
It has nothing to do with how often he drops product.
It is about a level playing field.
The internet is not equal for everyone, not everyone has the same equipment or connection. This is just one example of imbalance, the way I see it.
Not really a big deal to me what he does though.

I bet the drops will be tougher than the FW7. It was getting worse and worse at the end of the FW7 and the hype for this vape on Reddit has been insane. I'm curious to see what he changes, but my first and only experience with Firewood was the FW6, and I was not very impressed with that vape. I sat out on the FW7, though of course it was a different beast than the FW6 given the conduction heavy heating. I'm not a big fan of the one button interface on his vapes personally.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Okay, everyone keeps saying that, but what does it entail? Cos I literally have no idea how that works. Has the way you buy anything changed? Cos I've bought stuff before where you pay *after* the order has gone through and been confirmed, but those ordering scenarios were the same as normal orders until you don't have to pay.
I haven't done it yet, but unlike when I purchased, it appears that you go through the whole website purchase flow and then mail a check to the address on that final page. There are instructions on the page after you enter your shipping address.

Grass Yes,

checkyourlibido

I guess we'll disagree, but my point is not about people getting mad or needing fomo stroked.
It has nothing to do with how often he drops product.
It is about a level playing field.
The internet is not equal for everyone, not everyone has the same equipment or connection. This is just one example of imbalance, the way I see it.
Not really a big deal to me what he does though.
Not to mention people with disabilities and dexterity issues. Also others who can quickly and easily write bots and then it's not fair at all. People were flipping some of these artisan vapes on entexchange.

Dropping a larger number will likely impact the ability to flip for a profit.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I bet the drops will be tougher than the FW7. It was getting worse and worse at the end of the FW7 and the hype for this vape on Reddit has been insane. I'm curious to see what he changes, but my first and only experience with Firewood was the FW6, and I was not very impressed with that vape. I sat out on the FW7, though of course it was a different beast than the FW6 given the conduction heavy heating. I'm not a big fan of the one button interface on his vapes personally.
The death of r/EntExchange should curb the internet's collective enthusiasm somewhat, although you're right that it was getting more desperate toward the end of the FW7 run. I shared your disdain for the one button interface but it doesn't bother me in practice: just set your own low, medium and high adjust any of the presets in half a minute should you care to
Not to mention people with disabilities and dexterity issues. Also others who can quickly and easily write bots and then it's not fair at all. People were flipping some of these artisan vapes on entexchange.

Dropping a larger number will likely impact the ability to flip for a profit.
Yeah ideally the makers in this situation would ramp their shit up like Tinymight with scalable manufacturing but when we're talking about one dude in a shop I think him just finishing a handful and then listing them is more than reasonable.

I think you and @vapviking are right to point out the difficulties of shopping for something handmade and in demand, I just don't think he should fuck with a drawing or waiting list, which really just adds a layer of complexity for him as if he was somehow getting unsatisfied customers from the more typical approach of just making a small batch and selling them on his store. I don't fuck with the Lamart drops because the juice isn't worth the squeeze for me, but I don't care if he wants to sell in a six minute frenzy every three months

GraniteState420

I love the Sunday releases....scored twice

I felt the same about the 6, wasn't close to my fw5. Gave the 6 more time....few heatups to get rocking, pack full but no tamp....clouds central. Not as hard hitting as the 7, but really pleasurable experience and taste

GraniteState420,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

No, though it's already been discussed a lot in the firewood thread... this thread is not needed really, as every firewood has been in one thread, but I think this upcoming one here is good because for now it keeps all the speculation and off topic discussion about how they are sold out of the actual thread ;)

Top Bottom