Firewood Vaporizer

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader
I feel like that's taking an extreme though. You can make general updates without responding to every single question that pops up. It doesn't have to be this thing where he posts an update and then he's forced to respond to every single person. Respond to the questions worth answering, and log off, or don't answer any questions. He can't appear any more unresponsive than he does right now, right? Unless he can only type at 20 words per minute, I can't see it being as time consuming as you guys make it out to be. It's not that black and white lol

If you're fine with not getting updates, then that's fine, but I straight up don't think there's anything but positives with him interacting more. It's just a matter of balance. Idk, why do we NOT want him to interact with us lol, just seems silly. Either way, that's my last statement on the issue. See y'all when the FW8 drops.

PossumMD

I feel like that's taking an extreme though. You can make general updates without responding to every single question that pops up. It doesn't have to be this thing where he posts an update and then he's forced to respond to every single person. Respond to the questions worth answering, and log off, or don't answer any questions. He can't appear any more unresponsive than he does right now, right? Unless he can only type at 20 words per minute, I can't see it being as time consuming as you guys make it out to be. It's not that black and white lol

If you're fine with not getting updates, then that's fine, but I straight up don't think there's anything but positives with him interacting more. It's just a matter of balance. Idk, why do we NOT want him to interact with us lol, just seems silly. Either way, that's my last statement on the issue. See y'all when the FW8 drops.
Is it though? I mean, I may be patient, I am a eventually to be nomad2 owner, so maybe my patience is better than some. But I still don't think Marc has done the community wrong by not being more involved. It's a testament to the product he produced that there is so little reason for him to stay connected to the community.

checkyourlibido

And that's awesome, you love to see it! However, that was what now, almost 2 years ago? The only time I've talked to Marc is through email, which he is very cordial, but also very short with his words lol.

I'd just love to see him pop up around more!
The time we have on this earth is finite. I’m happy he doesn’t waste time Schmoozing and pandering to us.

My thought is that he has been making and storing hundreds of FW8s so we all get one.

checkyourlibido,
Reactions: Vapenvy

checkyourlibido

I legit can't help but feel like you guys are completely missing what I'm saying lol.
All you want is slightly better customer service, is that what you're saying? Or maybe you're saying you just want a little more communication?

I'm saying that he doesn't owe any of us shit. And that he can run his business how he wants, especially because the vast majority of FW owners are thrilled with the product. He's doing it right.

As a former small business owner, people sometimes don't get that even the smallest request, that they think is reasonable, is costing me time that I don't have. There's only 24 hours in the day, I'd like to spend a bit of that with family. Let these artisan crafters do their thing, in the way they want.

Edit: this is not to say that I'm not impatiently waiting. It's also not to say that I don't feel entitled to get a FW8, 2 months ago. But sometimes I can see beyond my own selfish interests. If you look in my post history, that is not often.:lol:
:lol::cheers:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I legit can't help but feel like you guys are completely missing what I'm saying lol.
I think I hear what you are saying, it would be nice to hear from Marc more on this forum. However I have to agree with others that you are making demands on another person's time.

I like when makers are on FC or their discords or whatever, but I would consider it rude to suggest they share more of themselves than they already choose to do.

PossumMD

All you want is slightly better customer service, is that what you're saying? Or maybe you're saying you just want a little more communication?

I'm saying that he doesn't owe any of us shit. And that he can run his business how he wants, especially because the vast majority of FW owners are thrilled with the product. He's doing it right.

As a former small business owner, people sometimes don't get that even the smallest request, that they think is reasonable, is costing me time that I don't have. There's only 24 hours in the day, I'd like to spend a bit of that with family. Let these artisan crafters do their thing, in the way they want.

Edit: this is not to say that I'm not impatiently waiting. It's also not to say that I don't feel entitled to get a FW8, 2 months ago. But sometimes I can see beyond my own selfish interests. If you look in my post history, that is not often.:lol:
As to your edit, yeah, I am jonesing for the fw8 too. I just believe he should get a fair shake of the sauce bottle.

PossumMD,

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader

As a former small business owner myself , I'm saying that you guys are blowing this stuff out of proportion and that you don't fully understand what I'm saying. I wasn't saying (in any way, shape, or form) he HAS to do this stuff, but I don't understand the people acting like a small amount of community interactivity is this crazy thing that will suck up all his time and isolate him from his family.

Again, there is balance to things. And things are not just fully black, or fully white. I'm not sitting here with whip in hand going "MWAHAHA MAKE THESE UPDATES AND ANSWER EVERYONE'S QUESTIONS MARC, AND TELL ME A LITTLE MORE ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL LIFE WHILE YOU'RE AT IT". I'm literally saying "community interactivity is generally always a positive thing".

No demands are being made, to assume I am doing so means that you are not fully reading what I'm saying, and I would consider it rude to accuse me of something I did not do @Grass Yes

No offence, but a lot of you guys take any form of valid criticism as an attack, when it's so far from the truth that you can't see it with a telescope.

Last edited:

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
But I still don't think Marc has done the community wrong by not being more involved.
Don't take a criticism as an attack. These mentions of displeasure over a lack of communication are coming from obvious fans of his products. I have my fw7. I have no intention of running out for the 8, but I'd be surprised if I didn't pick one up. I'm just really putting in an effort to downsize. Personally I just can't wait to see it. However it sucks for a lot of people who have put off purchases for a long time just waiting for something which they have no idea if it's even ever going to happen.

acstorfer,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
No demands are being made, to assume I am doing so means that you are not fully reading what I'm saying, and I would consider it rude to accuse me of something I did not do @Grass Yes
I apologize for making an unclear statement about your comments. I did not intend to be rude and I am sorry it came off that way.

However I do think that no maker owes us anything. Asking for more engagement here is, in my experience, unhelpful and demanding. I understand that you disagree given your experience and expectations.

Last edited:

attackpoints

how do you clean, do you pack your FW7 for international air travel?

I have the impression that if I pass in front of dogs with my Fw7, they will come to mark me directly... but it may be only a bad impression...

If you have any tips, I'm all ears!!
I have flown domestically in the US with my fw7, in a smell proof bag. Always in my carry on, as checked bags are more thoroughly examined. I have walked by dog units before and it's my understanding that they are more focused on finding potential explosives.

Internationally, I'd be too worried about customs. I think you're better off shipping it to yourself.

fangorn

I have flown domestically in the US with my fw7, in a smell proof bag. Always in my carry on, as checked bags are more thoroughly examined. I have walked by dog units before and it's my understanding that they are more focused on finding potential explosives.

Internationally, I'd be too worried about customs. I think you're better off shipping it to yourself.
Thanks for the expérience sharing, i appreciate !

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
how do you clean, do you pack your FW7 for international air travel?
Not casually, if I’m traveling to a seriously punitive part of the world, so mailing is a good option. Inside a jar of peanut butter, lol.

Most other places, I think traveling with a FW7 is pretty low risk. The air path is isolated, so I’d iso-soak the stems (Hula and connector) and iso-swab the oven and screen. Maybe vape some peppermint or lavender through it if you’re still nervous.

It’s only an aromatherapy device after all. If you’re unlucky enough to have it questioned, they probably won’t press too hard if it’s empty and doesn’t reek of anything illicit.

EZ Wind

Lost Sailor
Given how hard Marc has probably worked for the last year and a half to satisfy demand for the FW7, I wouldn’t blame him at all for taking an extended hiatus.

From communicating with him regarding a parts order I know he was traveling last week. Hopefully a well earned vacation.

Patience grasshoppers.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Fine, here is my FW7 on another new glass piece (from Curated Flame via Instagram)
PXL-20220426-031222803.jpg

:brow:;):rofl::ko::cool:

Sir Wibble

All we know is the FW8 is on the way,hopefully soon.
Marc certainly deserves a break and hope he is travelling.
Think this sub will go into overdrive when those on the wait list get the email about the release.
Due to the shutdown on Entexchange etc on reddit another avenue to getting devices has been closed.:doh::bang:

checkyourlibido

All we know is the FW8 is on the way,hopefully soon.
Marc certainly deserves a break and hope he is travelling.
Think this sub will go into overdrive when those on the wait list get the email about the release.
Due to the shutdown on Entexchange etc on reddit another avenue to getting devices has been closed.:doh::bang:
Just checking. It’s just an email notification list, not a waitlist?

checkyourlibido,
Reactions: JCat

Sir Wibble

Just checking. It’s just an email notification list, not a waitlist?
That's the way I interpreted it, yes.
But I'm not 100% sure.
It would be lovely if Marc did email with 'your FW8 is now ready to be purchased, click here ' and we didn't have to wait for the drop ,which caused me headaches as it's 2 am UK time.
I live in hope and wait with patience 👍🌬

Vaporware

That would be cool, but some of us haven’t signed up for notifications since we’ll find out here as soon as one of you guys gets an e-mail. Changing it now would push us to the back of the line…

I had hoped he might make some available to FCers who have supported him since before the FW7’s popularity exploded, and it would be cool if he offered a better option than 2 AM drops for people in more distant time zones, but it seems like we might all be stuck with waiting for drops again… :shrug:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
That would be cool, but some of us haven’t signed up for notifications since we’ll find out here as soon as one of you guys gets an e-mail. Changing it now would push us to the back of the line…

I had hoped he might make some available to FCers who have supported him since before the FW7’s popularity exploded, and it would be cool if he offered a better option than 2 AM drops for people in more distant time zones, but it seems like we might all be stuck with waiting for drops again… :shrug:

I don't know I got the impression it could be treated like a wait list when I emailed him...

Top Bottom