Firewood Vaporizer

Vaporware

If the flower is loose and it gets above the air intake holes that’s not ideal, but otherwise I don’t see why the orientation should matter much?

Heat rises, but in non-WPA use the heater is normally below the electronics and/or battery…I can’t see how reversing that would hurt anything. :shrug:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
If the flower is loose and it gets above the air intake holes that’s not ideal, but otherwise I don’t see why the orientation should matter much?

Yeah I know, it is ocd, for potential crumbs, which shouldn't matter when you are packing properly, but also being able to fully clear hits more securely, I don't know the idea of it upside down just irks me lol

Heat rises, but in non-WPA use the heater is normally below the electronics and/or battery…I can’t see how reversing that would hurt anything. :shrug:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this, heater normally below the electronics?? But anyway yeah, FW7 is designed to be held and work any which way, I just prefer to keep mine level all the time personally ;)

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Vaporware

Vaporware

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this, heater normally below the electronics?? But anyway yeah, FW7 is designed to be held and work any which way, I just prefer to keep mine level all the time personally ;)

When I’m pre-heating it I hold it fairly straight up and down which leaves the electronics above the heater. In use it’s turned up toward horizontal so the heater is below the electronics and/or battery…I only mention it because that seems like the worst case scenario for heat issues and that’s just normal for thr FW7.

So I think the only real issue is the crumbs like you said. :)

Shit Snacks

When I’m pre-heating it I hold it fairly straight up and down which leaves the electronics above the heater. In use it’s turned up toward horizontal so the heater is below the electronics and/or battery…I only mention it because that seems like the worst case scenario for heat issues and that’s just normal for thr FW7.

So I think the only real issue is the crumbs like you said. :)

Yeah, I never hold it a different way to preheat, because it's just a few seconds before my first hit from cold really? The vibration comes pretty quick in my experience with my lower temp settings I guess! I still don't know exactly what you mean though, like the electronics are always separate from the heater, and the battery is always next to the heater...? Whatever lol

Shit Snacks,

EZ Wind

Lost Sailor
I use a medium grind and tamp enough that no crumbs fall out. I’ve held the FW7 at every imaginable angle while using — including vertical with a silicone adapter on the cooling mouthpiece for water hits. Never noticed any difference in performance because of how it’s held.

Shit Snacks

I use a medium grind and tamp enough that no crumbs fall out. I’ve held the FW7 at every imaginable angle while using — including vertical with a silicone adapter on the cooling mouthpiece for water hits. Never noticed any difference in performance because of how it’s held.

Yeah, no prob, that is all the intended design!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: EZ Wind

Vaporware

Yeah, I never hold it a different way to preheat, because it's just a few seconds before my first hit from cold really? The vibration comes pretty quick in my experience with my lower temp settings I guess! I still don't know exactly what you mean though, like the electronics are always separate from the heater, and the battery is always next to the heater...? Whatever lol

:rofl: Yeah, they’re always in the same place within the device, but the electronics are in the middle above the heater if it’s standing upright (stem up), and the battery is on the other side…if you turn the whole device on its side the electronics will be next to the heater and the battery will be up or down and to the side a bit…nothing is changing except the way you’re holding it obviously.

The whole point of talking about it was to say I don’t think the orientation matters at all as far as where the heater is in relation to the battery etc. and I just caused unnecessary confusion… :disgust:

I guess I mentioned it because some other devices are only meant to be used in certain orientations due to where the heat goes, and that doesn’t seem to be an issue at all here…or maybe I thought someone was concerned it might matter here…? :doh:

Last edited:

delta hotel

I'm just trying to figure out a comfortable way to hold it. :-/
Hold it however you feel comfortable. With just the stock stem on it, I find it most comfortable to hold it sideways in some weird claw with my thumb and pinky under it and my other fingers over the top of it. I just realized this causes the open to lay horizontally. It's never been an issue to me and I had never even thought about the oven orientation until now.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Looks like the site shows FW8 coming soon!!
Anyone still use their FW4?
I have two FW4s that I love but I am still so happy using my FW7 that they stay stashed away. I do think often about pulling them out because the FW4 lends itself so nicely to micro-dosing, but I never get around to it.

moondog,
Reactions: danjens

TeaCup

@AutomaticYoghurt :
Hold it however you feel comfortable. With just the stock stem on it, I find it most comfortable to hold it sideways in some weird claw with my thumb and pinky under it and my other fingers over the top of it. I just realized this causes the open to lay horizontally. It's never been an issue to me and I had never even thought about the oven orientation until now.
This is exactly how I hold it too, and it is by far far far far far far far and away my most comfortable vape to use I own. It practically wedges itself in place this way to my hand with ZERO stress to any of my fingers or hand, and it's the only device I don't put down when I vape because I don't really even know or feel it in my hand at all. I've slept all night with it in my hand before, lol! I'll say this, I do believe that the size of ones hand could determine how comfortable this position is, can't be 100% sure though since I don't have two different sized hands. I asked for one for Christmas once, but Santa got me a damn bike instead. I outgrew the bike. I never would of outgrown a hand. 😜

Last edited:
So, next question - anyone have any advice for sending a check in USD from abroad? I've ordered a cooling stem adapter (I have an early one with the skinny stem), but have no idea how I'm going to pay for it. I've sent Marc an email asking if he'd accept any other form of payment (transferwise, bank transfer, etc).

I do have friends and family in the states, but probably only one person I'd even feel remotely comfortable asking. I have googled the fck out of this.

sternica

So, next question - anyone have any advice for sending a check in USD from abroad? I've ordered a cooling stem adapter (I have an early one with the skinny stem), but have no idea how I'm going to pay for it. I've sent Marc an email asking if he'd accept any other form of payment (transferwise, bank transfer, etc).

I do have friends and family in the states, but probably only one person I'd even feel remotely comfortable asking. I have googled the fck out of this.
Your local post office should be able to facilitate a travellers cheque?

sternica,
Your local post office should be able to facilitate a travellers cheque?
Oooh, that's a good idea! Thanks.

...would that be considered a "personal check, cashier's check, or money order"? 🤔
I have no idea where the nearest branch of my bank is, for a bank cheque. The last time I tried, it was 30 miles away. For some reason, at least at the time, I couldn't buy one from a different bank.

AutomaticYoghurt,

Shit Snacks

Posting because I have the photos with the FW7 why not, even though this may not be the best rig for it after all, compared to the other ones I have posted here previously... However look how pretty it is: :whoa::freak::rofl:
Sorry if it feels like I took over this thread, I think I'm finally done since I just got a beautiful piece from Cody Pline finally! He had posted another one I loved, perhaps even more than the dark blue and light blue one, that was like an opaque pink, however once again I was just a little too slow and someone beat me too it agdin... However he was nice enough to offer making me another just like it, and even welcomed my request for additional blue and purple color added in, allowing me to get dibs ahead of posting and avoid the race... Still $130, great dude!
Well the results are incredible, had him post the video to his Instagram here, since my photos cannot do it justice, always a different experience in person, it is very small though it holds a lot of water and is very well made. The rainbow of colors is just wonderful, in full sunlight the whole thing sort of turns amber, but in different lighting other colors can pop in different ways, really matches the opal color well, which itself is pretty wild too and impossible to capture... The shipping from Michigan to California was also ridiculously quick!

hippogriff

Just put my FW7 up on Classifieds, it's been my tradition to sell my current FW when a new FW is announced. I don't do pre-orders on tech as a general rule, but I've been doing this since FW3, helps keep costs down and Marc has earned my trust over and over. We always got max return for our money with Firewood's very thought through, balanced designs, then the hybrid heater came along and changed everything. So, all in on FW8! (break from flower begins, but I've got live resin carts in a Pckt 2 to hold me over, so not exactly a t-break )🥴

fangorn

hi community!

if someone ever places an order on the site... and would agree to buy a ceramic for the Fw7 (in stock at the moment) in addition to their order, before sending it to me, I will be super mega grateful...I will obviously pay the extra costs...
do not hesitate to contact me in pm!!

fangorn,
Top Bottom