Firewood Vaporizer

NoodIes

I've noticed that if I stand the Firewood 9 with the stem pointing up after usage, the hot reclaim runs down the stem into the narrow piece at the bottom, blocking the airflow or sometimes just bubbling.

The solution was to always lay the vape down after usage so the stem is horizontal.
I've had reclaim drip out from leaving it tilted mouthpiece down in a bag, technically extended use between cleanings :lol:

warren0728

I really love the fw7 I picked up a couple of weeks ago ... so much that I'm considering a second one for backup.

is there much difference in the heating and function of the fw9 compared to the fw7? I tried the fw7 because it is supposedly conduction heavy ... I heard the fw9 leans more to the convection side ... is there a noticeable difference?

thanks!

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
I really love the fw7 I picked up a couple of weeks ago ... so much that I'm considering a second one for backup.

is there much difference in the heating and function of the fw9 compared to the fw7? I tried the fw7 because it is supposedly conduction heavy ... I heard the fw9 leans more to the convection side ... is there a noticeable difference?

thanks!
At least my FW9 is generally less aggressive with heating than my 7, and the major noticeable difference has been taste since I can clean the entire oven in my 9 but the 7 tastes more crispy from years of abuse.

Imo the bowl configuration for the 9 is basically the same as the 7, but capsule mode allows for a bit more convection heating due to the wider air holes. Either way it’s going to be a conduction leaning hybrid.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Screenshot-20240910-122126.png

I've noticed that if I stand the Firewood 9 with the stem pointing up after usage, the hot reclaim runs down the stem into the narrow piece at the bottom, blocking the airflow or sometimes just bubbling.

The solution was to always lay the vape down after usage so the stem is horizontal.

Yep, aside from potential crumbs that could spill out, another great reason to always keep it level is for the reclaim oil that can get in crevices and spread further when warm... Of course it is designed to be used in any orientation, and I do tilt it a little on the side in my hand as I hit, but mostly I keep it upright at all times if loaded :nod::cool:

thanks!

Yeah they can be used the exact same way, regardless the configuration, I have the capsule version and I still prefer to use a more consistent fine grind packed well tight, even pretty full in 9 more than I do in 7 actually, running low temps for long slow draw, plenty of time inhaling after letting go of the button even after cool down vibration especially later in the session, level 320 and 350 with 380 as a finisher too... Same great conduction experience that I enjoy with my FW7 setups, but now more fully cleanable (although it doesn't have the direct pathway WPA option, so that is why I am glad I still have my sevens that way and never plan to use them the other way again really as FW9 is the dedicated more mobile one for me)

Last edited:

LordKahel

I received my Firewood 9 and Good Vibes Boro did a restock ! This is a great week to start with a Firewood 9. This thing is a beast , it incredible the vapor this little thing can produce! I really love it . It missing a little cooling with the stock steam but i got two steam incoming (GVB and one from High Artisan). This is going to be great for going out .
Anyone know of a good protective case that would work with a longer stem but still portable?

stonedBBer

I received my Firewood 9 and Good Vibes Boro did a restock ! This is a great week to start with a Firewood 9. This thing is a beast , it incredible the vapor this little thing can produce! I really love it . It missing a little cooling with the stock steam but i got two steam incoming (GVB and one from High Artisan). This is going to be great for going out .
Anyone know of a good protective case that would work with a longer stem but still portable?
Idk if it will fit the bigger GVB ones but on highartisans website he sells a carrying case that's perfect for small stems

stonedBBer,
Almost a year with my FW9. I was occasionally experiencing some REALLY nasty smells and tastes and just couldn’t figure it out, until process of elimination yesterday.

The ceramic bits must soak up a fair amount of alcohol during soaking/cleaning. If I boil the bits in clean water afterward, no more nastiness. Just a good rinse wasn’t cutting it.

Also, broke another stem, I’ll put up my gofundme in a bit.

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Almost a year with my FW9. I was occasionally experiencing some REALLY nasty smells and tastes and just couldn’t figure it out, until process of elimination yesterday.

The ceramic bits must soak up a fair amount of alcohol during soaking/cleaning. If I boil the bits in clean water afterward, no more nastiness. Just a good rinse wasn’t cutting it.

Also, broke another stem, I’ll put up my gofundme in a bit.
Yeah, not too surprised there! Betting it was just stale reclaim that the alcohol helped work into the porous surface, the alcohol itself should boil off at vaping temperatures.

Did boiling the capsules get rid of the stains that build up over time too? My capsules have a ring of reclaim from the year+ of use, plus some scorch marks from bits that fell out then burned on the coils and I’d love to try and get that gunk off.

Shit Snacks

Yes I would not recommend fully soaking for very long when cleaning those parts, they are not quite like glass in that way, or using a different simpler method of cleaning like the boil

Did boiling the capsules get rid of the stains that build up over time too? My capsules have a ring of reclaim from the year+ of use, plus some scorch marks from bits that fell out then burned on the coils and I’d love to try and get that gunk off.

If you want to remove stains, there is someone else here who posted a method, can't remember which cleaner they used exactly, I'm planning to try dark crystal for some rough stains on other things soon myself, it may have been that one??

Doesn't the 9's high temp burn-off (press button 4 times then hold) do the same thing as boiling in water?

Not exactly the same, boiling water completely covers every surface and every way and then gives the debris something to bond with instead? Also heat level could go higher etc yeah just not the same, there's no reason to try self-cleaning with the FW9, that was only a necessity with FW7 since the chamber was not removable

Yeah, not too surprised there! Betting it was just stale reclaim that the alcohol helped work into the porous surface, the alcohol itself should boil off at vaping temperatures.

The stains remain, I’m cool with that.

Doesn't the 9's high temp burn-off (press button 4 times then hold) do the same thing as boiling in water?
I tried multiple unregulated burn offs, no better.

Soaking in plain water seems to be as effective as boiling water, but my process of elimination experiment yesterday needed boiling. Just gotta soak that alcohol out.

Flavorville has returned!

deeznutz

Hey all, i just bought a used 8 and a 9 and it'll be here tomorrow. Hopefully if its good and as described, i get to step my vaping game up. Does anyone know of any cool 3d prints i could make(not design,just print) for either of them? Thats one thing that was fun for my dynas and pax was since they're so mainstream, there was alot to print for them after. But obv the FW is more niche so i cant seem to find anything. TIA

deeznutz,

Shit Snacks

Hey all, i just bought a used 8 and a 9 and it'll be here tomorrow. Hopefully if its good and as described, i get to step my vaping game up. Does anyone know of any cool 3d prints i could make(not design,just print) for either of them? Thats one thing that was fun for my dynas and pax was since they're so mainstream, there was alot to print for them after. But obv the FW is more niche so i cant seem to find anything. TIA

You can reach out to Delta 3D Studios to see if maybe they will share with you, although they sell their designs printed so maybe not

Shit Snacks,
Top Bottom