2pumpchump

Sorry I was trying to answer your question not be a smart but and play world games lol . Thanks for the tip I should have gave more details about the metal that is at some point removed from your tip ! And I prefer your word (dust) . And the side effects of it as well I'm my post .

Excluding people with sensitivities to certain metals most dust that comes off from removing the cap should be should be very rare and should be visible correct glasses/ contacts worn . Smaller dust should so rare I would say don't happen but it does!
Both sizes of dust are very unlikely actually make it to your lungs and is not vaporized or release any other unwanted vapor than would if this problem was resolved.
The amount of dust made by a dynavap is not enough to have a effect on a person even if all of it is inhaled or by eating your avb .people with sensitivities may differ ..it would be just like normal dust in the air BUT WITH THE ADVANTAGE OF BEING HYPOALLERGENIC!
As for other companies and the amount created I have no experience with them yet .I would like see the issue even if its is just cosmetic.
In the case if dust off ss and ti inhaled in mass amounts like a machine shop can be harmful to your lungs by cutting them up from the inside out .
Skipping how a file works . Do to try to keep this short and not able to provide more information answering so many questions in 1 post . If you would like me to give my reasons and details or sorce of information please ask !

Ss cap is harder than ti tip. The ss tip same as the cap . The scratching as you call it is actually marring meaning metal is just moved around not scraped off . Over extreme time it may be possible for a peace to come off but would be a flake not dust !

What happens when "marring" crosses over other marring? How many marrs does it take? How does a file work? What would others call these micro particles? What have other companies done when they crossed this issue? What were peoples stances when this happned in the past? Wolcano? What was that outcome. Lol. Only questions?

2pumpchump,

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Anyone ever notice that the bottom flange on the 20 tip is slightly larger than any other year? At first I thought it was an anomaly of this unused tip but just realized it's the same as the one I use

20230224-114736.jpg

2pumpchump

need help my 2021 m appears to get part the tip past the crimp and stuck. I took it out of my pocket removed the cap to check if I was a fresh or half spent load was fresh so I heat it click vape click cool down reheated click notice the something seamed different let cool to take cap off and hear we go .it sets in the cap farther than any tip and did be for this cap still clicks the cap has resistance on it cold but spins free when it is clicked .
Has anyone else ever had this happen and if so any advice?

gotbadvas

I haven't used any Dynavap for quite a while as I had mostly moved on to other vapes. I decided to get the old Omni out as my Ronx torch I used for my TA is running low and loses power when the tank gets low. Turned it way down as low as I can. Heated low on the cap to 2nd click. I have to say it's still impressive in performance to me. Two big hits from the heat cycle. Good strength of high but flavor was not great. I don't go for flavor but know you can get great flavor just heating higher.

It made me wonder how many total VC have been sold and how many are being used. I could see someone having purchased one 7-8 years ago and been using only it since. Never looking for another vape. But I also know some people never get the hang of it and gave up within a day. Went back to smoking joints because they don't get a good first experience.

coolbreeze

need help my 2021 m appears to get part the tip past the crimp and stuck. I took it out of my pocket removed the cap to check if I was a fresh or half spent load was fresh so I heat it click vape click cool down reheated click notice the something seamed different let cool to take cap off and hear we go .it sets in the cap farther than any tip and did be for this cap still clicks the cap has resistance on it cold but spins free when it is clicked .
Has anyone else ever had this happen and if so any advice?
I haven't heard of that one before, but if it fails or is unusable just contact them, they'll replace it.

gotbadvas

Does anyone know of a screen that fits a little tighter? My Ti tip seems to be somewhat larger ID than it should and doesn't really retain screens. I tried new Ti CCD and new SS CCD. It only holds half decent in the lowest position but I would like to try the middle groove. Maybe there is a mesh SS screen that fits a little snugger?

gotbadvas,

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Does anyone know of a screen that fits a little tighter? My Ti tip seems to be somewhat larger ID than it should and doesn't really retain screens. I tried new Ti CCD and new SS CCD. It only holds half decent in the lowest position but I would like to try the middle groove. Maybe there is a mesh SS screen that fits a little snugger?
DDave actually sells mesh screens, but I'm not sure if they fit any tighter--https://www.ddavemods.com/store/p86/VapCap_Mesh_Screen_Replacements.html

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Just an FYI, but I found that if I cleaned my Ti CCD's with flame, they shrank. They get ISO now like the tips.

Baboose1948

I’m always 100% Ti tips but the Armored cap is working really well with SS. The 2020m is working the best for me. My Armored cap might just live on this xxl stem SS stem with a Simrell Ti spinning mouthpiece.
B67-E7-ED8-4-E36-4-FAC-ADD4-5-F989-CD13437.jpg
I'm the same. Always use a ti 5 fin but since getting the AC, I've been using my 21 ss tip alot more. Last night I started using the 21 ti vong tip and really like that one as well. I feel like the hits are better off the ss but the quicker heat up and cool down time really makes a difference when using the AC.

gotbadvas

I’d also like to add that I’ve received two completely out of spec tip and could not except a screen unless it was over sized and a bit custom.
I think my tip might be out of round and the grooves not cut properly. Some day I might try a mesh screen if I am ordering from somewhere that has them but I am not going to special order any as after what you said I think I am in the same boat. Oh well it still works fine in the lower position for the most part so I will leave it be for now.

I didn't have a stellar experience with my omni when I first got it. It arrived with a bent condenser and it took me forever to get them to replace it and I never noticed the tip being out of spec until after. Pulled a pretty large metal shaving from one of the grooves as well. On top of the usual filthy condition every vapcap I have owned arrived in lol. Still love it though.

2pumpchump

Thanks guys was planning on contacting them because iv had the tip and cap less then a month .. I was just wondering if anyone had seen this before ? Update on cap info it was a2020 cap date easy to tell the others I have 2021 date stamp information might be helpful . And with the AC being tight related?? Or something to do with pocket carry .. either way considering a standard Ti Tip it would screw off🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
2pumpchump,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Armored cap came today. Very difficult to get on or off my Vong and Omni tips. Easier on older tips but still too tight (other than screwing and unscrewing), and it's thickness does not lend itself to reshaping. Gonna have to figure out how to "uncaptive" it if it has much chance of being used I'm afraid.

coolbreeze

Armored cap came today. Very difficult to get on or off my Vong and Omni tips. Easier on older tips but still too tight (other than screwing and unscrewing), and it's thickness does not lend itself to reshaping. Gonna have to figure out how to "uncaptive" it if it has much chance of being used I'm afraid.
@Bisko bent them in a little with the mouthpiece of their M:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Can someone tell if the armored cap has a louder click than other caps? Since the clicker is on top and outside I'm hoping it is. I often miss the click due to my bad hearing.
The clicker is still on the inside. It’s just a regular captive cap shoved onto a sleeve. My AC has a very weak, unsatisfying, quiet click. My hearing is ok but Ive questioned a few times if it clicked when only half paying attention.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
@Bisko bent them in a little with the mouthpiece of their M:
So with the use of the butt of an M and a needlenose pliers I have been able to slightly reduce the captive bumps, tho very slightly. The thickness of the cap creates a little too much angle for the jaws of the pliers to close on the bump. Using the "DynaGlove" I bought with the cap it is possible to put the cap on and off without removing the tip, but the magnets are still pretty useless. Of course it matters how tightly your stem holds your tip and some combos are not tight enough and the tip will come off. I will keep trying to reduce the captiveness.

The cap itself does work as advertised, allowing me multiple hits per heating which is what I was after. I can finish a half cap in 2 or 3 hits with only one heating if I take them fast enough. I no longer have the lung power to take it all in one go. I think if I can find a way to further reduce the captiveness without allowing the cap to just fall off I WILL be able to more easily use the Armored Cap. I just have to find the right tool.
Can someone tell if the armored cap has a louder click than other caps? Since the clicker is on top and outside I'm hoping it is. I often miss the click due to my bad hearing.
Seems about the same to me. The clicker is inside the cap as before.

Added later:
Another point that I forgot to mention. The Reload, everyone's favorite Dyna accessory from MadHeaters, is designed to be able to remove even a stubborn cap by having a lip around the magnet that you can slip the crimp into to grab the cap and pull it off. On the Armored cap the crimp is meatier and too big to slip under the lip so even this method of cap removal sadly fails.

Last edited:

ezpz

Another point that I forgot to mention. The Reload, everyone's favorite Dyna accessory from MadHeaters, is designed to be able to remove even a stubborn cap by having a lip around the magnet that you can slip the crimp into to grab the cap and pull it off. On the Armored cap the crimp is meatier and too big to slip under the lip so even this method of cap removal sadly fails.
That sucks. Don't be surprised if Dynavap comes out with "The Reloader" with it's proprietary decapper.

ezpz,

Old Moderate

So with the use of the butt of an M and a needlenose pliers I have been able to slightly reduce the captive bumps, tho very slightly. The thickness of the cap creates a little too much angle for the jaws of the pliers to close on the bump. Using the "DynaGlove" I bought with the cap it is possible to put the cap on and off without removing the tip, but the magnets are still pretty useless. Of course it matters how tightly your stem holds your tip and some combos are not tight enough and the tip will come off. I will keep trying to reduce the captiveness.

The cap itself does work as advertised, allowing me multiple hits per heating which is what I was after. I can finish a half cap in 2 or 3 hits with only one heating if I take them fast enough. I no longer have the lung power to take it all in one go. I think if I can find a way to further reduce the captiveness without allowing the cap to just fall off I WILL be able to more easily use the Armored Cap. I just have to find the right tool.

Seems about the same to me. The clicker is inside the cap as before.

Added later:
To remove my FMJ- wrapped cap I always use a stacked set of like three silicone finger pads that people use for hot glue. They are super cheap and the tip fits right inside (like your finger would) and then you can just pull the cap off. Probably would work great for the armored cap as well.

Top Bottom