japecan

Another point that I forgot to mention. The Reload, everyone's favorite Dyna accessory from MadHeaters, is designed to be able to remove even a stubborn cap by having a lip around the magnet that you can slip the crimp into to grab the cap and pull it off. On the Armored cap the crimp is meatier and too big to slip under the lip so even this method of cap removal sadly fails.
Long time lurker but one of my favorite accessories also but alas it doesn't work with the Armor Cap so I use a wooden clothespin to hold my cap and twist my 5 fin titanium tips that I have multiples of on various stems. Still trying to find solution for Omni and Vong tips thou. Armor caps work with my Hotshot, Apollo and Apollo 2 IH also.

2pumpchump

Can anyone see if you the armed cap is doing something similar and sliding father than a regular cap? I ps I'm waiting for dv to get back with me ..I'll let you guys know after work
need help my 2021 m appears to get part the tip past the crimp and stuck. I took it out of my pocket removed the cap to check if I was a fresh or half spent load was fresh so I heat it click vape click cool down reheated click notice the something seamed different let cool to take cap off and hear we go .it sets in the cap farther than any tip and did be for this cap still clicks the cap has resistance on it cold but spins free when it is clicked .
Has anyone else ever had this happen and if so any advice?

2pumpchump,
Anyone here able to comment on various wand inserts and whether the armored cap will fit? I have the SkullKandy carbon fiber insert but the cap is too large to fit in the wand with the attachment in there. I see there's now an ispire officially branded glass insert - is this insert any wider than the carbon fiber one to accommodate the larger cap by chance? I'd love to be able to still use the wand hands-free with an insert but I can't find any info on whether the new armored cap fits any of them.

I was excited for my armored cap to arrive, thinking it would be slightly smaller than the fmj, but unfortunately it seems it's about the same size.

Willy McChilly,

Petetbay

Anyone here able to comment on various wand inserts and whether the armored cap will fit?
I have Ispire Dynavap adapter that fits the AC, FMJ and Anvil when you insert the glass open end w/flange from the bottom into the silicone grommet to keep the Dynavap from falling through and is easily adjusted for Dynavap insertion depth and stands upright pretty good.

I have the Sneaky Pete Wand Dynavap adapter that comes only with the glass and is meant to be used from the bottom and the wand upside down. It fits only the AC and regular caps and I use a thin silicone band to secure it from the bottom and is inserted to allow device insertion from the top. I use glass spacers to determine the depth of insertion and this is the one I’m going with as I find it easy to work with.

Last edited:
I have Ispire Dynavap adapter that fits the AC, FMJ and Anvil when you insert the glass open end w/flange from the bottom into the silicone grommet to keep the Dynavap from falling through and is easily adjusted for Dynavap insertion depth and stands upright pretty good.
This is great to hear - guess I'm ordering yet another accessory! Thanks for the info!

Last edited:
Willy McChilly,
Reactions: Petetbay

coolbreeze

Got a little extra cooling for that heavy AC hit:
IMG-3911.jpg

Last edited:

JettyRatt

It has been 7 weeks since i got my 2021M with a FMJ and so far i love it. I used it without the FMJ for the first week then put it on and oh what a difference it makes I will not have a DV without an FMJ or as i see now an armored cap. I have completely stopped combusting and the DV is now my daily. I mistakenly combusted the other day on a DIY vapor wand, it was awful, I did not think i would ever get rid of that taste. So after 7 weeks i can say that the DV meets all expectations. I have modified my DV with a FMJ and I cut a strip of brass shim material and rolled it to fit the inside of the stem so that i can close off as much of the air port as i want to, taking the DV to a hands free operation with just my right amount of air mixed. A few orings and the stem has better grip and can be used with 14mm WP. overall i can say that i am pleased with the DV , however I would like to see a larger bowl and a more open airflow.

2pumpchump

Nice I cheep out on the fmj Hammer forged 1 out off a silver coin . Later I upgraded to the Omni tip the taper on the m condenser works grate you can take your tip and push it in completely closed or take your fingers and push
It wide open and any thing in-between .

I hate when I combust and always wash asap
It has been 7 weeks since i got my 2021M with a FMJ and so far i love it. I used it without the FMJ for the first week then put it on and oh what a difference it makes I will not have a DV without an FMJ or as i see now an armored cap. I have completely stopped combusting and the DV is now my daily. I mistakenly combusted the other day on a DIY vapor wand, it was awful, I did not think i would ever get rid of that taste. So after 7 weeks i can say that the DV meets all expectations. I have modified my DV with a FMJ and I cut a strip of brass shim material and rolled it to fit the inside of the stem so that i can close off as much of the air port as i want to, taking the DV to a hands free operation with just my right amount of air mixed. A few orings and the stem has better grip and can be used with 14mm WP. overall i can say that i am pleased with the DV , however I would like to see a larger bowl and a more open airflow.

Last edited:

duanecobain

first impression of the armored cap is MEH.

way too expensive for what it is, and damn near impossible to remove (from my 2020 M tip) without using some kind of tool unless it's completely cooled down.

i noticed in DynaVap's own promotional material for this cap, they talk about using a "cap removal tool" (which i'm assuming is the wooden cap from the latest M packaging). for a $40 hunk of machined steel you think they'd at least include this "cap removal tool" with the purchase.

FMJ > armored cap so far, the only advantage is the armored cap works in an IH.

duanecobain,
Reactions: Xclerk

pop22

Anyone having issues with captive caps? I'ce got three and they all fall of the tip of my 2020 M. I've pinch them etc and still the fall off. One fell into my slipper and burned my foot!

coolbreeze

Man I never get tired of seeing those sexy JBL bookshelfs.
Easy recommendation. They're nice monitors and they fill the room well, and the updated ones are ~$300/pr, cheap enough to add the sub. ; )

Edit: And also, the Vaphit does cool really well and handles the big hits pretty nicely. I've only used it a few times but I like it with the AC.

hinglemccringleberry

I had a set of Altec ATP3 2.1 computer speakers that blew all the other 2.1 systems out of the water back in the day. I should have never sold it.
Currently sporting some Aperion Intimus 5B bookshelfs no longer in production, fed by a Marantz receiver and a BIC H100 sub. JBL surround wall-mount speakers for the HT.
PXL_20230301_040735532.jpg

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: coolbreeze

2pumpchump

had a set of Altec ATP3 2.1 computer speakers that blew all the other 2.1 systems out of the water back in the day. I should have never sold it.
Currently sporting some Aperion Intimus 5B bookshelfs no longer in production, with a BIC H100 sub and JBL surround wall-mount speakers for the HT.
PXL_20230301_040735532.jpg
Nice still rocking classic 95s and yamahas

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
Lots of (unanswered) questions lately, so I think I'll add another one lol :D
Has anyone in Europe received their armored cap yet?
Or Dynavap just rushed the release of this product in order to move past all the reddit drama? :worms:💩

Franco,
Reactions: pop22

Aizen-sama

Fmr. Captain of the 5th Division
Lots of (unanswered) questions lately, so I think I'll add another one lol :D
Has anyone in Europe received their armored cap yet?
Or Dynavap just rushed the release of this product in order to move past all the reddit drama? :worms:💩
I got it yesterday in Amsterdam. Fits tight on my original Omni tip but not impossible to get off. The digger is a bit too long though to sit flush on my BB9, though functionally it doesn't cause any issue since it's a tight seal. Coming from a captive cap it's an upgrade for me, I like how it hits, and it retains the heat for a while. It is a bit pricy for just a cap though.

IMG-20230301-210812.jpg

Top Bottom