TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
I have modified my DV with a FMJ and I cut a strip of brass shim material and rolled it to fit the inside of the stem so that i can close off as much of the air port as i want to, taking the DV to a hands free operation with just my right amount of air mixed.

This sounds interesting! What is the process for adjustment of the air intake? Any chance of some photos?

Anyone having issues with captive caps? I'ce got three and they all fall of the tip of my 2020 M. I've pinch them etc and still the fall off. One fell into my slipper and burned my foot!

It could well be that the 2020 M tip you have is not up to specifications. Contact DV customer support and let them know you might have a faulty device. Hope your burn wasn't too bad and is healing/improving. :spliff:

TheThriftDrifter,
Reactions: pop22

2pumpchump

if i remember correctly the 2020 and 2021 different all tips work with captive cap some better than others..
sounds like they are out of spec contact them they will make it right mine should be hear soon im going to start measuring mine from now on just because i interested to see

Can anyone see if you the armed cap is doing something similar and sliding father than a regular cap? I ps I'm waiting for dv to get back with me ..I'll let you guys know after work

Anyone having issues with captive caps? I'ce got three and they all fall of the tip of my 2020 M. I've pinch them etc and still the fall off. One fell into my slipper and burned my foot!

This sounds interesting! What is the process for adjustment of the air intake? Any chance of some photos?

It could well be that the 2020 M tip you have is not up to specifications. Contact DV customer support and let them know you might have a faulty device. Hope your burn wasn't too bad and is healing/improving. :spliff:
pleas merge

2pumpchump,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Everyone's clamoring about the latest DV gear but I'm over in the corner still using my 4th gen 7-fin Ti tip and cap from 2016, still wowed by the performance and flavor....

I remember when someone asked me what a ball vape had over the old Vapor Brothers. I had to admit I could not answer. How does one cross a chasm so wide?

Anyway never had the chance to try a 2016 vapcap. I wonder if it is better than the more recent entries.

Grass Yes,

2pumpchump

Everyone's clamoring about the latest DV gear but I'm over in the corner still using my 4th gen 7-fin Ti tip and cap from 2016, still wowed by the performance and flavor....
sorry my 2021 M came with the 2021ss tip and rock it wit my 2021 omni tip . as it is my only ti tip i don't think they had that choice when i bought mine 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

2pumpchump,

Tji89

Are these okay to use with the Dyna?
10-30pcs-Thickness-CS-1mm-Green-FKM-Fluorine-Rubber-O-Ring-Gasket-OD-4-30mm-O.jpg_220x220.jpg_.webp
Concerning health or if it will fit? I see that @TommyDee answered, have you tried these? I want to order them too ...

Tji89,

GratefulDread

Concerning health or if it will fit? I see that @TommyDee answered, have you tried these? I want to order them too ...
I was asking more health wise and was curious if anyone had tried them.
Haven't tried them myself. On paper, they should be very similar to the OEM rings.

GratefulDread,
Reactions: Tji89

TommyDee

Vaporitor
FKM is Viton. Higher temperature compatibility than other o-rings. This is what DV uses as well. Viton is a very stable material that is used in vacuum chambers that are regularly baked to high temperatures with the o-rings in place. Fuming anything into vacuum chambers is a no-go for science and industry. Therefore, yes, this is the right material for vaping.

2pumpchump

FKM is Viton. Higher temperature compatibility than other o-rings. This is what DV uses as well. Viton is a very stable material that is used in vacuum chambers that are regularly baked to high temperatures with the o-rings in place. Fuming anything into vacuum chambers is a no-go for science and industry. Therefore, yes, this is the right material for vaping.
i was just thinking about these with having a wide asortment laying around at work and i will vouch for what they can put up with i would lik to add be sure to wash new ones b4 use

2pumpchump,

2pumpchump

Well I can't say I'm a new member no more lol but I am still finding my way around. I have been considering IH but not sure if I will like it over torch heating. 🤷‍♂️ and as an electric geek have considered a diy project .the function mix Amp /+IH is possible and actually the same hevey duty power supply
The walk man I assume you mean the cassette version... can be a housings but the (EMF) is not good for tapes ....
My question for the day on IH units is any one in heat using the other features of the WAND
no Unfortunately ))

Well, it's cool as hell anyhow! But it would be a pretty natural pairing. Or like a Walkman/IH. You could wear it on your belt and go grooving down the block with excellent sound and a hip-holstered IH...

I just picked one up online. I can get similar hits with either method but it’s a more quiet, relaxed session with the lamp.
Was it a alcohol lamp ? or burner/ torch?

Last edited:

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Lots of different alco lamp styles, quite easy to make as well. I do believe that @Planck perfected the diy lamp for the dynavap. ;)

Couple of diy induction heater links if your that way inclined.

Also the Wand is well loved by many, if you are USA based then IHs by Pipes are well regarded too.

Last edited:

Tji89

Lots of different alco lamp styles, quite easy to make as well. I do believe that @Planck perfected the diy lamp for the dynavap. ;)

Couple of diy induction heater links if your that way inclined.

Also the Wand is well loved by many, if you are USA based then IHs by Pipes are well regarded too.
Hi 🙂 Is red spirit okey to use with the alcohol lamp? Afraid it will leave any fumes mixed in the vape..

Tji89,
Top Bottom