cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have a JarHead and a PSM, and @Pipes says the glass in them has an ID of 13mm. I got about 12mm when I measured with a caliper. We'll see in a few days if that tolerance is too close.

OCDeeeznuts

George said at TeaTime that the clicker now has a visible indicator with the clicker visible as a new click indicator. I must have misunderstood that. Do you already have one of these armored caps @holdentrout ?
I don’t own one, but I reached out to dynavap upon release. I didn’t really care about the heat retention and other selling points. My sole reason to purchase one would’ve been if the clicker discs were what I was seeing on the top of the cap making the inside a totally solid clean stainless chamber. The confirmed to me that what you see from top is the top of the internal captive cap, and that the clicker discs are still inside the captive cap exactly as before.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I think it fits in the Orion @Petetbay . DV/DT is working on a new IH that it doesn't fit at this time. They are fixing the glass to be compatible on that unit as well. Austyn went and showed it fit a lot of heritage heaters at TeaTime a week ago.

Thank you @holdentrout for the clarification. I too would have liked that. Maybe we need to work on a new 3rd party cap that does move the clicker to the outside.

Petetbay

I think it fits in the Orion @Petetbay
Austin says it didn’t in his run through IH’s 22:50 of pt2 last week‘s Tea Time, Rover and Apollos were good. FFP cup didn’t fit as well. I knew I heard it because I just picked up a Orion and was interested and a rough measurement looked less than the 12mm needed.

Petetbay,
Reactions: TommyDee

OCDeeeznuts

Just one less metal in the vape path. Clickers are bi-metal and I'm assuming one of the metals is stainless steel. Not to mention, much easier to clean
May I ask why the clicker on the inside is less desired?
This is my take as well. It would significantly clean up the vapor path and make cleaning a breeze.
As far as the metal composition, George recently said it's primarily iron and chromium.
I’ve seen some discs popped out in the past with the “truflex” marking.

If anyone is interested the alloy compositions that truflex uses are on page 9 and 10. Physical properties of the alloys begin on page 24.
Edit: it seems the most likely low expansive alloy would be “alloy 70”(17 Cr, Bal Fe) Which would mean the high expansive side would most likely be “alloy m” (18 Cr, 8 Ni, Bal Fe) or “alloy G”(18 Ni, 11.5 Cr, Bal Fe)

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Dynavap on twitch

I don't do appointment TV anymore either. Is there a place where recordings are available?

I am thinking if the cap stays hot for a lot longer, which is by design, that leather keychain may be very useful if my Reload isn't nearby...

cybrguy,
  • Haha
Reactions: Petetbay

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
My Armored cap came in today. It’s a captive cap with the digger cut off crammed into a SS sleeve with a hole in the clicker end. Still an internal clicker. It feels nice in the hand and visually I wish it was polished. First use I used an Aomai lighter with a long heat up and only wispy vapor. My second attempt using a Blazer Firefox was much better. 5 or 6 decent hits. You are going to need a tool or two to do back to back hits with this. The Armor cap is so stuck on my 5 fin Ti tip because of the captive indents that now that the tip and stem are hot it is just pulling the tip out of the stem. Once it cooled down I inspected my AVB and it was light brown. I called it good but some may have gone for round two. It fits all my IHs. PSM, HS, old Lucid Custom, Flix, and a Flite.
A0-D04-BD4-09-D7-4946-A886-635-CA55530-A3.jpg
8-C51-DC65-5-C61-4-E8-B-9-C44-6-E44-D7-C0-B987.jpg
13-EC0-AF9-738-E-4600-A463-70-EBF43-C6-D39.jpg

Petetbay

I don't do appointment TV anymore either. Is there a place where recordings are available?
Click the link, it will take you to the Dynavap Twitch page where all their videos are available. More direct link might be.

I would have figured a cyberguy would know these things. :lol:

Dejavu

Hello, can I ask what would be the best dynavap setup that's looking for most efficient extraction and don't care for flavor. Looking to microdose and curious if a dynavap could hit kind of like a ballvape with a small amount of flower?

Looking to not spend more than $150 msrp on a combo of items, or would it cost more to achieve these results, if possible?

Thanks!

Dejavu,
  • Haha
Reactions: Petetbay

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Hello, can I ask what would be the best dynavap setup that's looking for most efficient extraction and don't care for flavor. Looking to microdose and curious if a dynavap could hit kind of like a ballvape with a small amount of flower?

Looking to not spend more than $150 msrp on a combo of items, or would it cost more to achieve these results, if possible?

Thanks!

I’m not sure what you mean by “hit like a ball vape.” Can you clarify? A dyna will never have the open airflow that a ball vape has for example. But if you just mean you want it to smack with a small amount of herb then yeah, a dyna works a treat. Just get an M in my opinion. The Omni, simrell, and most of the aftermarket stems are mostly minuscule improvements—like if we called the Omni 100%, an M is still 95+% of the performance imo. A glass stem—Glass Charlie, O’Connel’s inception stem, or even dyna’s BB9 all offer superior flavor and cooling to any of the bespoke metal stems anyway, imo. Not to say that there aren’t some absolutely gorgeous pieces out there from smaller artisans. They just don’t radically change the vapor ime, it’s just if you want a piece of art with your vape.

The only potentially useful add on to my mind is that when you say ball vape I feel like you probably want to kill your extraction in a single hit. If that is the case, a Full Metal Jacket (or maybe the new armored cap) might be up your alley.

Dejavu

I’m not sure what you mean by “hit like a ball vape.” Can you clarify? A dyna will never have the open airflow that a ball vape has for example. But if you just mean you want it to smack with a small amount of herb then yeah, a dyna works a treat. Just get an M in my opinion. The Omni, simrell, and most of the aftermarket stems are mostly minuscule improvements—like if we called the Omni 100%, an M is still 95+% of the performance imo. A glass stem—Glass Charlie, O’Connel’s inception stem, or even dyna’s BB9 all offer superior flavor and cooling to any of the bespoke metal stems anyway, imo. Not to say that there aren’t some absolutely gorgeous pieces out there from smaller artisans. They just don’t radically change the vapor ime, it’s just if you want a piece of art with your vape.

The only potentially useful add on to my mind is that when you say ball vape I feel like you probably want to kill your extraction in a single hit. If that is the case, a Full Metal Jacket (or maybe the new armored cap) might be up your alley.
2021M? any edition? Copper FMJ or armored cap? which do you think?

Yeah I'm looking to extract very dark black avb from a .03~ gram bowl. It would just be something to pick up when not wanting to grab the flowerpot or should I just stick to using that anytime I can? I can't go back to any of my older vapes since getting a FP. Just feels like a waste of flower if I pickup my mighty.

Thanks for the quick reply!

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!

Yeah I'm looking to extract very dark black avb from a .03~ gram bowl. It would just be something to pick up when not wanting to grab the flowerpot or should I just stick to using that anytime I can? I can't go back to any of my older vapes since getting a FP. Just feels like a waste of flower if I pickup my mighty.

Can't really comment on the FMJ or armored cap--the latter is so new, and I haven't tried it yet. I'm sure folks will share their experiences in this thread.

I don't think there are any big differences between the M model years. People used to swear by the 2019, but a buddy has one and I didn't think it was notably different from my 2020M.

I've never had any problems using the grooves to set the tip up in the half-bowl configuration via the CCD, but I guess some people like the half-bowl adapter that sneaky pete sells. No personal experience with that at all, just tossing it out there when you mention such small amounts--again, I think just popping the CCD into the half-bowl position (or packing half a bowl) works great.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
@Dejavu

An M, mini stash and lighter for a shade under $100 USD.

Or if you already have a lighter, a BB is the cheapest entry.

coolbreeze

Oof! Tried it Sneaky-Pete style and took it right to the line, dark as could be without burning; a memorable first flight but not my intention. The stem on the Vong(i) absorbed a ton of heat from the tip, never felt this before--the cap and tip cooled down before the stem did.

Sounds like a '21 M and a an armored cap is what you want. The reason I recommend that over the FMJ is it'll work in an IH and fit a stash. Only tried mine a couple times so far but it gets it dark, no problem! Can't really say yet if one is otherwise better than the other in performance but the next week or two will tell.

2pumpchump

Thanks!
2021 M armor cap so you have a spare and not have to deal with a FMJ if you go that route.... then if you decide you like it maybe upgrade tip on it. I chose the Omni tip because if the taper to adjust air I don't know if all titanium tips have it? Also I bought a B for a friend I can give much feedback on it considering I have not used it yet but price point is there .. the bb would be my next choice the have a M tip and techrinic stem for around the same price I DO NOT RECOMMEND FOR BEGINNERS! I don't know if the wood stash is worth the price difference to you on the M kit is worth it ... but go ahead and grab you a single torch from your local truck stop even if you do get the complete kit

Old Moderate

I agree the M can do the trick and 2nd the FMJ or armored cap option. For 0.03g you are gonna benefit also from either the Sneakypete half bowl converter or go for a B—already a half bowl—plus an FMJ and you are out the door for under $100. I also use very little 0.025g typical dose (tightly packed) and find both the M with half-bowl converter and the B are ideal with an FMJ (haven’t tried an armored cap). With that setup I heat 6sec. past my click and totally crush it in one heat-up cycle.

Top Bottom