• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
I can answer that question in a few words: my favorite lighter for outdoor use. It heats up the cap fast enough to minimize the risk of combustion in windy conditions.
Thanks for the info bud:tup:, a know what al be ordering soon. Does the tank last a while ?

Demonic chronic,
Reactions: Dutch-Mic

El Magico

They are the cool way anyway... :lol:
But i think the factory seconds are still available? I love mine and i get the idea most people that have a second are quite happy...
I want that the vaporizer and the vape from it stays cool yeah don't really care about the rest :p

av heard for outdoor use a tripple flame is best, i always vape indoors so only have experience with single flames, anyways whats everyone’s thoughts on the cyclone 2 triple jet for outdoor ?
Got it with the starterpack and haven't tried it outside yet... but I did inside and I combusted... thought I was going to die :lol:

I was going to get the Click&Go + PhantoM from lacentralevapeur but it's out of stock while both are available separately :rolleyes:
Emailed them but still waiting for a reply.

El Magico,

My_50p_worth

The more I read about this drop of 19M’s, I really feel this needs to be made a bigger deal than it currently is

They’re very obviously factory seconds, seconds which 3 years ago weren’t deemed fit for sale at the original RRP.

What has changed to make them not only fit for sale, but for more money than the originals that were in much better condition?

These should’ve been given away or sold for below the original RRP due to the condition. George knows how widely desired the 19m and it’s tip is, and this is a blatant cash grab taking advantage of it

This company man, how the hell can anybody justify this behaviour

I know I sound like a drama queen but I had to have my rant :lol:

coolbreeze

George knows how widely desired the 19m and it’s tip is, and this is a blatant cash grab taking advantage of it
The real shame is this could have been something fun for all of us. I don't think they're bad people, but this is a misfire.

Edit: They coulda released these with a limited run of whichever of their copper-wrapped caps worked the best. They could have called it the 'Blackout Special' or some damn thing. Or, save them and release them in a Black Friday package with one of their black dual lighters and a blackwood Futostash. I mean, there were possibilities. Or, one with a blue cap, the Black and Blue special.; release it with a classic DVD from a smokier time.

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
its like I said these were targeted to Dyna afficionados and they should have been discounted or reworked into a premium product if they wanted a premium price, like reworking the mp for the 10mm taper and putting the groove for the half bowl. now that would have made them special, limited edition and worth a premium:2c:

Bad Dog

its not like they don't have the machines so why not??? even if the taper was left bare metal and not recoated they could have paired it with a reg cap for a bit of colour and Crome look

Bad Dog,

coolbreeze

its not like they don't have the machines so why not??? even if the taper was left bare metal and not recoated they could have paired it with a reg cap for a bit of colour and Crome look
You're cookin' brother. That's another great one! I mean, assuming there's enough metal to mill etc. But yes, it's a missed opportunity on a much-loved product so the sting is real.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Bad Dog

HyDrOpOnIc1987

Yeah, when i saw those go up i immediately felt a twinge because of my AzuriuM i just got, but noticed it didnt have the original cap. So why the premium price? I def could see if it was the legit 1 hitter that everyone knows and loves, but they cant be without the old tips and caps. Just feels like a cash grab and it seems aimed at the newbs who, like me, wouldn't have known better. Luckily, i have you guys to steer me right lol :)

coolbreeze

my AzuriuM i just got
You didn't go wrong there, those are so sweet! It wouldn't have been a tragedy if someone had chosen one of these as a first, really--it's still gonna be a damn fine and classic piece--but the event should have been special, not clouded. And it speaks to other missteps along the way. Now, while they still face growth but also more competition they should try to be a little more thoughtful about how they do these specials since they are often accused of being cash grabs. This one seems more blatant, and more tragic given the piece in question. But to give them the benefit of the doubt, I think they just didn't think it through.

Last edited:

HyDrOpOnIc1987

You didn't go wrong there, those are so sweet! It wouldn't have been a tragedy if someone had chosen one of these as a first, really--it's still gonna be a damn fine and classic piece--but the situation should have been special, not clouded.
Exactly! But it almost looks as if they were "preying" on the newer VapCappers. The ones who wouldn't know any better. The ones who have seen the milking videos with the '19. If I didn't already have my AzuriuM and I had the cash to drop when i saw that, i would've became a statistic lol Just another sucker to buy into the "Glory Days" of DynaVap. It seems super shady and could've been handled much better with a simple change of words. Considering all the hype I've heard about the creator caring about the fans of the brand, this kind of showed the opposite. I hope they pull up their boot straps...

HyDrOpOnIc1987

They misstep on the regular, but to be fair, they're young, growing, have a lot going on, and they're millers of metallic tubes, not marketing geniuses. But in the rush to get this cool remnant to us (and get a quick jolt of high-grade cash), they coulda done better.
I definitely appreciate your outlook:) it's very refreshing seeing you not jump on the band wagon. I don't have any experience dealing with them as a company, except by using my DV, so I'm prone to be more skepical and forget that they're human like us and make mistakes too. Just hope they don't make the same ones again. I do really love my DV so they definitely do pump out great products. Havent smoked anything since getting mine, so it does its job well IMO.

El Magico

So lacentralevapeur doesn't do that pack anymore :bang:
Guess I'm going to order at verdampf then the Cuboo is 10€ cheaper.

Edit: does anyone have an idea how long the warranty is on them when you buy them at verdampf ?

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Edit: does anyone have an idea how long the warranty is on them when you buy them at verdampf ?
That shouldn't be a problem for the DV; they may want you to work through the vendor, but if push comes to shove I'd expect them to work with you. You might email them about the heater, they should be happy to tell you.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: El Magico

El Magico

jabba

The more I read about this drop of 19M’s, I really feel this needs to be made a bigger deal than it currently is

They’re very obviously factory seconds, seconds which 3 years ago weren’t deemed fit for sale at the original RRP.

What has changed to make them not only fit for sale, but for more money than the originals that were in much better condition?

These should’ve been given away or sold for below the original RRP due to the condition. George knows how widely desired the 19m and it’s tip is, and this is a blatant cash grab taking advantage of it

This company man, how the hell can anybody justify this behaviour

I know I sound like a drama queen but I had to have my rant :lol:
Unfortunately I agree. I bit hook, line, and sinker on that Phantom 2019 M last week ONLY because I have been chomping at the bit for one for over a year...and after a couple of failed attempts to acquire one which had included some real hassles. That email caused me to spontaneously fork over $100 as I was thinking "hassle free, from the source, I want I want I want". It didn't work out that way....I previously posted photo(s) in a post here. The cap was pass-able but poorly colored at best. The condenser was peeling its PVD coating......I'm not a complete health freak but I wasn't going to risk using that Phantom with peeling PVD on the condenser.

So I didn't get a customer service response for about 24 hours prompting me to call them via phone. They answered promptly and paid for me to return ship my Phantom and he agreed to personally inspect a replacement unit (still a few more up in the attic /s) . About 2 hours later I received a response to my original submission from a differing customer service rep with a seemingly boiler-plate explanation of PVD coatings, a statement that colored finishes are imperfect, that imperfections do not impact functionality, and capped off with a "we are so glad that you love your dynavap" yadda yadda. Obviously two different CS people crossing like ships in the night....I get it.

Regardless I was incensed and politely requested that they please stop the replacement shipment and requested instead a refund and 24 hours later I got an email recognizing the change request. If they think my phantom condenser is OK/normal for PVD then their offer of personal inspection of a replacement unit prior to shipment is worth very very little. I sent my unit back....I don't need the seemingly inevitable potential for additional hassle(s).....and I don't need a $100 M anyway.

No "sorry"....no nothing.

The lighter that I bought for nearly $50 shipped was junk (I had even reached out to them after receipt to let them know how ridiculously bad their $47 dollar lighter was while refusing their offer to return/refund/credit in an effort to prove my point). That Orion V2 that I bought for my brother sits unused because it is complete junk. Now today they are offering a $0.10 plastic grinder free with a $60 purchase. I have several examples of niceties that DV has shown me over the last couple of years and those pleasant gestures had sustained me.....until now. I'm afraid that DV would sell ANYTHING regardless of condition, functionality, or quality just to make a buck. I don't just 'think' it.....DV has 'proved' my point several times over. I'll use/need DV for the occasional tip/cap or part/piece.....but I will no longer jump on any of these DynaVap marketing trains that seem to roll by once a month or more.

I really love my vapcaps and I had always held a higher than typical opinion of DV's general corporate practices. I still do love my vapcaps but my opinion(s) related to DV, DV marketing, and all things generally 'George' have changed substantially. Fool me once shame on you....fool me twice shame on me. There seems to be a whole lot of 'hero' worshipping that I've noticed as it relates to DV, George, and to some other third party makers from Reddit/Discord posters and the like. While these posters are worshipping....I am left here feeling like a lemming. Oh but yeah....I nearly forgot.....DV sent me a package of 10 hard candies with my $100 Phantom....that should pacify me I s'pose eh? /s

Last edited:

My_50p_worth

The real shame is this could have been something fun for all of us. I don't think they're bad people, but this is a misfire.

Exactly man, it’s so frustrating to keep seeing them coming close to a great idea and totally borking it

This really could’ve been something nice for the older fans, instead it’s shown new guys what they consider saleable quality and shown the older guys how much they’ve changed

Fix up, George

@jabba I’m so sorry to hear about your experience. This really isn’t right and I hope more people start calling it out and things start changing for the better. I’m so frustrated with the current state of this company, but absolutely love the product. I think more people are slowly taking their blinders off and seeing what George and DV is becoming, so hopefully our grumbles turn into roars soon enough

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Unfortunately I agree. I bit hook, line, and sinker on that Phantom 2019 M last week ONLY because I have been chomping at the bit for one for over a year...and after a couple of failed attempts to acquire one which had included some real hassles. That email caused me to spontaneously fork over $100 as I was thinking "hassle free, from the source, I want I want I want". It didn't work out that way....I previously posted photo(s) in a post here. The cap was pass-able but poorly colored at best. The condenser was peeling its PVD coating......I'm not a complete health freak but I wasn't going to risk using that Phantom with peeling PVD on the condenser.

So I didn't get a customer service response for about 24 hours prompting me to call them via phone. They answered promptly and paid for me to return ship my Phantom and he agreed to personally inspect a replacement unit (still a few more up in the attic /s) . About 2 hours later I received a response to my original submission from a differing customer service rep with a seemingly boiler-plate explanation of PVD coatings, a statement that colored finishes are imperfect, that imperfections do not impact functionality, and capped off with a "we are so glad that you love your dynavap" yadda yadda. Obviously two different CS people crossing like ships in the night....I get it.

Regardless I was incensed and politely requested that they please stop the replacement shipment and requested instead a refund and 24 hours later I got an email recognizing the change request. If they think my phantom condenser is OK/normal for PVD then their offer of personal inspection of a replacement unit prior to shipment is worth very very little. I sent my unit back....I don't need the hassle.....and I don't need a $100 M anyway. No "sorry"....no nothing.

The lighter that I bought for nearly $50 shipped was junk. That Orion V2 that I bought for my brother sits unused because it is complete junk. Now today they are offering a $0.10 plastic grinder free with a $60 purchase. I have several examples of niceties that DV has shown me over the last couple of years and those pleasant gestures had sustained me.....until now. I'm afraid that DV would sell ANYTHING regardless of condition, functionality, or quality just to make a buck. I don't just 'think' it.....DV has 'proved' my point several times over. I'll use/need DV for the occasional tip/cap or part/piece.....but I will no longer jump on any of these DynaVap marketing trains that seem to roll by once a month or more.

I really love my vapcaps and I had always held a higher than typical opinion of their general corporate practices. I still do love my vapcaps but my opinion(s) related to DV, DV marketing, and all things generally 'George' have changed substantially. Fool me once shame on you....fool me twice shame on me.
Word to the wise, Dynavap.

so hopefully our grumbles turn into roars soon enough
or at least are received and heard before the roar becomes deafening. Nobody wants to feel like a sucker, especially your most dedicated supporters.

My_50p_worth

or at least are received and heard before the roar becomes deafening. Nobody wants to feel like a sucker, especially your most dedicated supporters.
That would be the ideal scenario for sure! I’d absolutely love them to turn it around as the DV is such a versatile vape that will always have a place in the rotation

Although the gaps between gaffes are getting awfully short these days :lol:

Bad Dog

Is that the good dog in the background there?
she is only good when she is asleep and asleep is the only time she is good :dog: the rest of the time she keeps me on my toes. she thinks its funny to bug me to go outside right after a big dab and all I want to do is sink into my easychair ....... she sure is cute though so how can I say no????

coolbreeze

she is only good when she is asleep and asleep is the only time she is good :dog: the rest of the time she keeps me on my toes. she thinks its funny to bug me to go outside right after a big dab and all I want to do is sink into my easychair ....... she sure is cute though so how can I say no????
Well if you can't I sure can't blame you. Give her a scritch for us!

Top Bottom