Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I am not a avid follower, don't read the news letter, follow in insta ext. ext. I read enough of it in the thread that others post to know there are things I don't like about the company, like the phone calls which I have gotten because I did sign up for a account on the site so I could see listings for links people post but I never signed up for that! but at the same time I understand they are a young company still finding their feet in a competitive and ever changing industry and with peoples attention spans these days its hard to stay relevant but the vapes have never stoped being good, at least once you find the tip/cap/stem combo of your choosing. my 19 still smacks and even the 21 was pretty good and it might suit my current style of vaping better than my 19 tbh but I do like what the 19 is capable of that the 21 can't, even if its something that isn't as easy with the 21. but the 21 has advantages that the 19 isn't as good at as well. and until recently a very steady and reliable secondhand market for people seeking something particular. I never stoped recommending the vape because its what a lot of people are looking for in a vape and I think we all know around here vape choice can be key to success. have they just sat on the quality of their IH? yes and third party options are better, cheeper, harder, faster, stronger. IH like the sense , yillvape and the OG temp control IH Mag make it look like they are standing still. and lets face it these vapes have not changed that much in years, few more bells and whistles , nicer finishes but a Dynavap is pretty much a Dynavap and that's fine because its a solid product and and very versatile. fast extraction, slow sessions, cold start dabbing with a dyna coil and IH heat while hitting technique, great with hash, super efficient, highly portable ext.ext. are there things I would do differently if I were armchair CEO'ing, sure but since we don't live in fairytale la la and things like that will never happen, I am just a consumer, and will continue to be a customer and recommend them until I hit some sort of breaking point but my distain for the way the company is being run doesn't come close to how much I enjoy the vape. at least right now!

coolbreeze

They do stuff like this that leaves you scratching your head, but then they also do something like the '20 M welcome kits, which is the epic turnaround in esteem for a vape no one much liked. But DV recognized that, faced up & priced it accordingly, and used it to increase their user base by how many? while creating a situation in which those who didn't want to buy it were nonetheless happy to recommend it in good conscience!

Edit: Or they make something real purty:
IMG-0583.jpg

Last edited:

Bad Dog

they definitely aren't all bad, frequent sales too and bundles....... if you live in the States ..... they are still a great vape and not just for the price, they deliver passed their weight class. I've got some high end vapes and I still like my dyna a lot

My_50p_worth

I know they’re totally different sized companies and in somewhat different positions but I always point to the Vapman guys as how a vape company should be run

Those guys pour so much care and attention into everything they do, and have a permanently open line of communication that they don’t abuse with ads and crap offers. They’re also very active on here and constantly offer support and advice, even when it has no direct monetary incentive for them

Couldn’t be happier to be a Vapman owner and supporting them

@coolbreeze That welcome kit was such a great idea, definitely one of the best moves DV have made as of late

I tell you what else would be cool, you know how Jordan shoes will sometimes have a limited re issue of certain desired old models? I’d love DV to do something similar. Maybe make them aesthetically different so the OG owners still have their bragging rights but keep the performance identical

Last edited:

coolbreeze

I’d love DV to do something similar. Maybe make them aesthetically different so the OG owners still have their bragging rights but keep the performance identical
Say, a 19 PhantoM with a '20 PhantoM cap? :razz:

Jk, dude, I totally hear you! And Vapman's a lofty height for any of these companies, they are so legendary. The new owners carried a lot of good will into their venture, and they have responded admirably. Anyhow, my last few purchases from DV (VerdiuM, Vong i, ObsidiuM) have all been satisfactory and I use all three happily and regularly.

My_50p_worth

Say, a 19 PhantoM with a '20 PhantoM cap? :razz:

Sign me up!:rofl:

Haha yeah admittedly I’ve had my eye on the outgoing ‘21 vong. Just trying to find a nice sleeve for it and a second hand seller so I don’t encourage George any more

Last edited:
My_50p_worth,

El Magico

Just ordered mine but from verdampf, they're not in stock at vapefully until the beginning of June I believe.
Obviously haven't used it yet but from my research it seems to be the best option for your money when you live in Europe.

El Magico,
Reactions: GymWolf

jabba

I am not a avid follower, don't read the news letter, follow in insta ext. ext. I read enough of it in the thread that others post to know there are things I don't like about the company, like the phone calls which I have gotten because I did sign up for a account on the site so I could see listings for links people post but I never signed up for that! but at the same time I understand they are a young company still finding their feet in a competitive and ever changing industry and with peoples attention spans these days its hard to stay relevant but the vapes have never stoped being good, at least once you find the tip/cap/stem combo of your choosing. my 19 still smacks and even the 21 was pretty good and it might suit my current style of vaping better than my 19 tbh but I do like what the 19 is capable of that the 21 can't, even if its something that isn't as easy with the 21. but the 21 has advantages that the 19 isn't as good at as well. and until recently a very steady and reliable secondhand market for people seeking something particular. I never stoped recommending the vape because its what a lot of people are looking for in a vape and I think we all know around here vape choice can be key to success. have they just sat on the quality of their IH? yes and third party options are better, cheeper, harder, faster, stronger. IH like the sense , yillvape and the OG temp control IH Mag make it look like they are standing still. and lets face it these vapes have not changed that much in years, few more bells and whistles , nicer finishes but a Dynavap is pretty much a Dynavap and that's fine because its a solid product and and very versatile. fast extraction, slow sessions, cold start dabbing with a dyna coil and IH heat while hitting technique, great with hash, super efficient, highly portable ext.ext. are there things I would do differently if I were armchair CEO'ing, sure but since we don't live in fairytale la la and things like that will never happen, I am just a consumer, and will continue to be a customer and recommend them until I hit some sort of breaking point but my distain for the way the company is being run doesn't come close to how much I enjoy the vape. at least right now!

I'm with ya...mostly. I do receive the newsletter via email but I don't otherwise follow any FB, Insta, live chats, or similar. DV is creating a lot of bad marketing 'noise' despite my minimum of 'inputs'. I too love the 'product', however, their peripheral offerings and silly marketing ideas are diluting their brand. This silly stuff is turning me off/away and it makes me more hesitant than ever to buy anything from them. This is about trust.

Edit: Removed the photos and fluff....no need to beat a dead horse.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Last edited:

jay87

Just ordered a Revolve stem from MadHeaters and some stock cooling units from RogueWaxWorks to serve as 2022 updates for my older caps.

Still rocking an old school @Pipes Portside IH going strong, and now I see this new upgrade The Brute that I might have to check out too.... :whoa:

The VAS is strong :science:

Bad Dog

I'm with ya...mostly. I do receive the newsletter via email but I don't otherwise follow any FB, Insta, live chats, or similar. DV is creating a lot of bad marketing 'noise' despite my minimum of 'inputs'. I too love the 'product', however, their peripheral offerings and silly marketing ideas are diluting their brand. This silly stuff is turning me off/away and it makes me more hesitant than ever to buy anything from them. This is about trust.

Edit: Removed the photos and fluff....no need to beat a dead horse.
if I had ordered one of the 19m's and had to pay the outrageous shipping to Canada and VAT tax only to receive what you had gotten there would be a lot less wind in the sail of my ss.ilovedyna boat. how what you received made it through quality control is unacceptable and if I were in your position I'd be incredibly disappointed and a bit disenfranchised.

Bad Dog

@My_50p_worth you might also consider @iDRINKBLEACH aka Cloud Connoisseur. he made me these sick enail handles and has made Dynavap stems in the past, though I don't remember any Vong selves and he might be more reasonably priced then Katmandu ??? his focus is more on his vapes these days so I'm not a hundred percent sure he is still doing accessories but it might be worth pm'ing him and asking.

kuzko

@kuzko they look thin and I'd have real concerns about lifting the whole stand with the Dynavap with the cedar since its a soft (very soft) wood:2c:

They do, don’t they? I assume they’ve tested them but what do I know. For $12, maybe I’ll throw one in my cart if they are available during my next purchase. I’ll let y’all now then if they hold up…. Or should I say stay down.

Bad Dog

Also comes in walnut & sapele (sapele?), though. Would love to see them with two or three magnets, but honestly? I think they're not that bad looking at all. :-)
I'd also like more magnets with all that surface area and for the logo to be the same as a real cap, big and running down the cap but they probably don't want their logo obscured :shrug:

Top Bottom