• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

coolbreeze

I love how they’ll act as if they don’t know how bad their customers want the old stuff, yet leverage that same fact regularly for some money or attention.

This 19m email offer is yet another example of it. For more money than they even sold them in the first place and with non original caps

No idea what George is playing at with this, but it’s not good for the company long term to keep selling out their customer loyalty like this
I don't really disagree with you in general, but the flipside is, people love these and now a handful are available. He could have just sat on them and said, "well, we don't have the caps and people will be pissed!" Maybe there's more to the package than we've seen. I think it's this uncertainty over the price that's a bad look, it feels scammy. The 7-fin fiasco still resonates, and it does scan as toying with fanboys. It would be much better, I think, to say, "We've found some old stock you're gonna love at a price you're gonna hate...unless you get a free gift too!"
How is the button on the PB? It looks like a super sturdy lighter, but I hate piezoelectric switches that are stiff and a pain to hold.
Less stiff than an Eagle. Quite manageable. It's a really nice lighter, great for firing downward, etc. Caveat: I seem to recall that there's a consumer version with a safety? Not sure, as I've only seen the 'professional' ones without the safety.

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
and the fact that no 2 caps work similar at all. wildly different in performance. who's in charge of quality control for these caps nowadays:lol:

As I have written somewhere in the past few pages: I don't see them being very different at all. A few days ago I weighed several caps from several generations, replying to someone who has found new caps being lighter than older caps, while I found the opposite:

2018 I: 0.81g
2018 II: 0.82g
2019: 0.83g
2020 I: 0.78g
2020 II: 0.79g

All regular caps, I don't fiddle with captive caps because I don't see any possible advantage in them. But the regular caps? Always worked fine for me and still do. I don't find any of them performing better or worse than the other.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Well said. I’m in the old school category myself on caps, hate captives they produce wispy vapor at best. and why is a standard cap £17.99 and a captive cap is £23🤔

Scoff if you will, but those two small longitudinal indentations requires a specialized, highly trained and dedicated engineer with years of education, and even more years of apprenticeship to place those oh so precise depressions in the bottom of the DV cap. And then and only then are a small number of these individuals capable and chosen to carry out this very delicate, precise, intricate and pain staking procedure.

Tragically, because of the occupational risk involved in this undertaking, these selfless individuals lead very short, uncomfortable and unfulfilled lives. Hence why captive caps sell for a premium over standard caps. ;)

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
As I have written somewhere in the past few pages: I don't see them being very different at all. A few days ago I weighed several caps from several generations, replying to someone who has found new caps being lighter than older caps, while I found the opposite:

2018 I: 0.81g
2018 II: 0.82g
2019: 0.83g
2020 I: 0.78g
2020 II: 0.79g

All regular caps, I don't fiddle with captive caps because I don't see any possible advantage in them. But the regular caps? Always worked fine for me and still do. I don't find any of them performing better or worse than the other.
I’m not saying they don’t work, I’m saying there not very consistent some caps produce thicker Vapor than others while some produce wispy Vapor, all standard caps as I don’t piss around with captives. My favourite daily cap is an undated standard that clicks then clicks again 7 seconds later. Fucking love that thing for bongs with water.

Last edited:
Demonic chronic,
Reactions: NitroRIP

My_50p_worth

I’m not saying they don’t work, I’m saying there not very consistent some caps produce thicker Vapor than others while some produce wispy Vapor, all standard caps as I don’t piss around with captives.
If you scroll back, you’ll see the reason why this guy doesn’t notice the difference- he doesn’t extract like we do so is never in a position to notice it.

@coolbreeze a reasonable take well argued as always. I do agree that there’s nothing wrong with reselling/recirculating these 19M’s, but the way George has gone about this is just too scummy for my tastes. This wasn’t long after they tried getting their fans to harass people online for vouchers, and DV saying they’d learn from it. Great product, anything but great company IMO

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
If you scroll back, you’ll see the reason why this guy doesn’t notice the difference- he doesn’t extract like we do so is never in a position to notice it.

You mean me using temp controlled IHs? My caps are older than my first IH of that kind and I still enjoy using a torch from time to time. I would notice for sure.

Siebter,

Demonic chronic

You mean me using temp controlled IHs? My caps are older than my first IH of that kind and I still enjoy using a torch from time to time. I would notice for sure.
I can notice all difference with each my caps and pick them out blindfolded, I know my caps that well:lol:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Demonic chronic – I believe that and respect that too. On the other hand, it seems like there's a lot of personal preference going into that; I myself would not enjoy a cap that takes seven seconds for its second click. For me the first click is a heads up for the main click to come, such a long waiting time would make it useless or at least less preferred. So yeah, each cap *is* a little different, but for me they all work well.

Siebter,

Demonic chronic

@Demonic chronic – I believe that and respect that too. On the other hand, it seems like there's a lot of personal preference going into that; I myself would not enjoy a cap that takes seven seconds for its second click. For me the first click is a heads up for the main click to come, such a long waiting time would make it useless or at least less preferred. So yeah, each cap *is* a little different, but for me they all work well.
Usless to you how, you want denser Vapor when hitting thru water, if you don’t like thick vapor use a low temp cap.

Demonic chronic,
Reactions: NitroRIP

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Usless to you how, you want denser Vapor when hitting thru water, if you don’t like thick vapor use a low temp cap.

I don't see how the time between clicks has anything to do with vapor thickness, but apparently what you are going for is something like going past the main click for a few seconds on any other cap, right? I can see how that is useful, but I'd prefer to have a click and going past it for a few seconds if I want to kill a bowl quickly. Especially when using a torch, that first indicator click is crucial for me. I do indeed not run them through water and actually (mostly) prefer slower sessions with the DVs as my TM fits me better when I want to be beamed outer space fast.

I was never interested in low temp caps either. If I want to have a cooler hit, I heat it according to that, I can do that with regulars without issues.

Dutch-Mic

Think I payed about £50ish from vapefiend for mine, selling them for 100 is taking the piss especially because they have captive caps, older style caps should of been the standard on these, those shitty wispy captives can potentially put people of these great devices.

I prefer the captive caps to be honest. I started with the OG Vapcap, used every Vapcap M model and tried a few titanium tipped Vapcaps. With the older caps I combusted now and then when vaping outside. With the newer caps and the 2020M and 21M tip I never combust. Of course technique is a variable, but the newer tips/caps seem to be a bit more forgivable.

I do understand that people prefer the older caps and 19M tip for quick extraction, but as a temp stepper the newest Vapcaps suit my needs my best.

Just wanted to share a different perspective for the readers out there. ✌️

Demonic chronic

I don't see how the time between clicks has anything to do with vapor thickness, but apparently what you are going for is something like going past the main click for a few seconds on any other cap, right? I can see how that is useful, but I'd prefer to have a click and going past it for a few seconds if I want to kill a bowl quickly. Especially when using a torch, that first indicator click is crucial for me. I do indeed not run them through water and actually (mostly) prefer slower sessions with the DVs as my TM fits me better when I want to be beamed outer space fast.

I was never interested in low temp caps either. If I want to have a cooler hit, I heat it according to that, I can do that with regulars without issues.
The later the click the hotter it is this thicker vapour, pretty simple, very visible in a bong. I always respect my click, I never ever go past the click ever.

El Magico

Kinda interesting... if you guys could get a brand new PhantoM 2019 for 20€ would you get it ?
Got the M 2021 recently and pretty happy with it so far except that the stem gets warm after a few clicks.

El Magico,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Kinda interesting... if you guys could get a brand new PhantoM 2019 for 20€ would you get it ?

I totally would, not so much for the entire thing but just the tip – I think it would look cool with a custom stem.

*And* the cap should be vintage too. :brow: So even for those two alone 20€ is a very good price.

The M itself does feel getting a little to hot for me too, hence I prefer titanium or wood stems.

Demonic chronic

I totally would, not so much for the entire thing but just the tip – I think it would look cool with a custom stem.

*And* the cap should be vintage too. :brow: So even for those two alone 20€ is a very good price.

The M itself does feel getting a little to hot for me too, hence I prefer titanium or wood stems.
Plus 1 team titanium here. or like u say wood, my good old omnivong in light wood, used her daily for years now I change it up with the titanium vong (I).

Last edited:

jabba

I love how they’ll act as if they don’t know how bad their customers want the old stuff, yet leverage that same fact regularly for some money or attention.

This 19m email offer is yet another example of it. For more money than they even sold them in the first place and with non original caps

No idea what George is playing at with this, but it’s not good for the company long term to keep selling out their customer loyalty like this
Well I am admittedly one of those customers at least in this case. I always wanted the 19 phantom. I got mine today and was willing to spend $100 on it. The cap is colored only on one side and my condenser color appears to literally be peeling off! I've already placed a customer service request and plan to just return it for a refund. It was fun while it lasted.

Demonic chronic

Well I am admittedly one of those customers at least in this case. I always wanted the 19 phantom. I got mine today and was willing to spend $100 on it. The cap is colored only on one side and my condenser color appears to literally be peeling off! I've already placed a customer service request and plan to just return it for a refund. It was fun while it lasted.
That’s why a never buy anything metal thats coloured, all my dynas and grinders are bare metal, I’ve seen coloured grinder look like shit over the years, they look tatty, but an iso soak and my bare metal space case is back like new as are the dynas of course:tup:.

Last edited:
Demonic chronic,
Reactions: sirwalter

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
that $100 price tag seemed a bit of a cash grab for supposed old stock????? that somehow none had original caps! who is really buying those??? someone new to vaping, some Joe shmo off the street??? no these are targeted to the diehard collectors of their loyal fanbase. throw the guys who support you a bone rather than gouge old stock.

Ganjora

at first i also hated the captive caps, but they work just as well once you have squeezed them.
make them fit tightly and so the indents don't touch anything.
then it's just a case of how many seconds after the click is your preferred roast with that particular device.
my 19M will take approx. 2-3 secs after click before combustion, the 20M 5secs and the 21M cab go 5 - 6 secs.
they all get you just as high.

Demonic chronic

at first i also hated the captive caps, but they work just as well once you have squeezed them.
make them fit tightly and so the indents don't touch anything.
then it's just a case of how many seconds after the click is your preferred roast with that particular device.
my 19M will take approx. 2-3 secs after click before combustion, the 20M 5secs and the 21M cab go 5 - 6 secs.
they all get you just as high.
Doing that makes no difference for me, captives should be thrown in the air and blasted with a shotgun:lol:, I use a cap that doesn’t ever need to go past the click for dark brown avb.

Last edited:
Demonic chronic,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I use a cap that doesn’t ever need to go past the click for dark brown avb.

I don't know how well the Dynavap crew is able to finetune their caps in one way or the other – especially for beginners it actually makes sense to have a bit of a safe distance between click and combustion, but experienced users do not really need that. Sooo... maybe they should put the caps with the wider safety zone on Ms in their beginner kits. Or release a „pro cap“ (I already hate that name) where the click actually means it's ready for sure. But do we really need even more caps? I don't know.

Top Bottom