Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
The love was short lived with the new vong (I), top crown won’t spin when I turn the mouth piece, only the mouthpiece spins. Waiting on vapefiend sending a return and getting one that functions as it’s supposed 2.

coolbreeze

The love was short lived with the new vong (I), top crown won’t spin when I turn the mouth piece, only the mouthpiece spins. Waiting on vapefiend sending a return and getting one that functions as it’s supposed 2.
That's a bummer. My understanding is that they all do that to some degree and the advice I've seen is to push the ends together firmly while turning and it'll grab a bit by friction, causing both ends to bind and turn together. It's still not "locked", but it holds.

I wonder if there's a way to make it grip more solidly, assuming of course that it's not defective and beyond the tolerances that can be tightened like that?

Demonic chronic

That's a bummer. My understanding is that they all do that to some degree and the advice I've seen is to push the ends together firmly while turning and it'll grab a bit by friction, causing both ends to bind and turn together. It's still not "locked", but it holds.

I wonder if there's a way to make it grip more solidly, assuming of course that it's not defective and beyond the tolerances that can be tightened like that?
I’ve tried pushing the ends together and that makes no difference at all, really have tried everything. The whole twist and turn thing actually twists the liner out of the key in lock feature which can’t be good. Vapefiend just got back 2 me, I’m sending it back in the morning for them 2 replace it. Hopefully my second device turns out better.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

@Demonic chronic See if this helps
Thanks, man, this is great info.

Edit: Just tried squishing the liner slightly out of round and it tightened the crown's grip noticeably. In fact, even turning the barrel has a touch more resistance now.

Last edited:

StringTheorista

Glad it worked! I wish dynavap had released better instructions when they sent these out. Lots of folks complaining, and it seems most issues come from either 1) taking it apart “wrong” (wrong order, or twisting/rocking instead of pulling), or 2) a very tiny and simple adjustment would fix the issue. Wish they’d gotten in front of this, because it’s a great product, and folks are needlessly pissed only because they weren’t given clear instructions.

Demonic chronic

:lol:Absolutely. They could have shared it here and I haven't seen it on reddit, so I would just remind them that twitch has a limited reach.
Agreed, I’m one of the only people I know who doesn’t do anything social media whatsoever so I never hear about shit, I get all my info from here usually. Would love to see them around more often as well:sherlock:, for a cap or 2:lol:.

Sweet-vapour-69420

So I heard a rumour from a guy that knows a guy.

Apparently the 21m will be rebranded as “The M” this year and we won’t be seeing yearly revisions going forward. Just revisions when DV have something worthwhile and noticeably different.

I suppose it makes sense, the jumps each new tip were making performance wise has slowed right down IMO.

Plus after the somewhat divisive 21 tip lineup it’s probably best they let them all settle and become “learned” before another revision. I think the 5 fin is so loved just because it’s been around in roughly the same form for so long and everyone knows the ins and outs of it.

Thoughts?

Shorner

Apparently the 21m will be rebranded as “The M” this year and we won’t be seeing yearly revisions going forward. Just revisions when DV have something worthwhile and noticeably different.

I suppose it makes sense, the jumps each new tip were making performance wise has slowed right down IMO.

Plus after the somewhat divisive 21 tip lineup it’s probably best they let them all settle and become “learned” before another revision. I think the 5 fin is so loved just because it’s been around in roughly the same form for so long and everyone knows the ins and outs of it.

Thoughts?
Glad i managed to snare a Obsidium M off ebay yesterday.

coolbreeze

Thoughts?
Wouldn't break my heart, a yearly refresh is probably not necessary and the '21 M is a pretty fine vape. It would be totally worth it if it meant giving the development resources to some awesome new thing. The VHB-OWW dynabrick, for instance, is pretty unique and suggests there's plenty of creative space left in the dynaverse.

Sweet-vapour-69420

Wouldn't break my heart, a yearly refresh is probably not necessary and the '21 M is a pretty fine vape. It would be totally worth it if it meant giving the development resources to some awesome new thing. The VHB-OWW dynabrick, for instance, is pretty unique and suggests there's plenty of creative space left in the dynaverse.
Yeah I totally agree, the 21m is a fine vape to stop on for now. Especially if they work out a way to do the black ones without chipping issues.

With the Anvil, Tinymight, FW7 and other easy to use portables with knockout power now available I’ve been a big believer that DV need to improve their tips and caps/performance in a meaningful way if they want to stay relevant to power users long term. Maybe this supposed time off will allow for that.

What’s that VHB - OWW thing? I absolutely love VHB products but I’ve not heard of this

Sweet-vapour-69420

I think the 21m is the best they have done, I'm not bothered they aren't releasing a new M.
For me it’s the 19m, the machining on the body is beautiful. Also helps that it has my absolute favourite tip

21m is a close second, great haptics on the body for finding the airport and a very capable tip. It’s mainly the captive cap that marks it down for me.

But this is the beauty of the dynaverse, there’s something for us all

Shorner

For me it’s the 19m, the machining on the body is beautiful. Also helps that it has my absolute favourite tip

21m is a close second, great haptics on the body for finding the airport and a very capable tip. It’s mainly the captive cap that marks it down for me.

But this is the beauty of the dynaverse, there’s something for us all
See i have tried a few different 19m's and i could never get on with them, i prefer the 18 over 19.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I bought my Ed's midsection over two years ago ... despite all the warnings it never cracked, looks as beautiful as the day I got it and never went back to Omni titanium ... thanks Ed

20200426-120225.jpg
My man, thanks for sharing this. 2 years wow thats certainly a commitment thanks again. Thing about those way back I was doing them per Georges specs at 10mm OD x 8mm OD which gave it a 1mm thickness hence the reason for the crowns. These being 12mm x 8mm having a bit more wall thickness gives it more strength and longevity. Yes these are made for the Ti tip. Appreciate you again.

wow yours look way better than mine, you never put ss tip on it right? it was my mistake.. now I have 2 cocobolos not 100% but still 101% functioning
I'll probably get a new one for the ti tip, it's awesome!
woot woot

Shorner

I have had 2 eds tnt stems both in blackwood and both split after a month or 2, why a metal insert isn't used i will never know...shame as i like the lookof them.

GoldenBud

I have had 2 eds tnt stems both in blackwood and both split after a month or 2, why a metal insert isn't used i will never know...shame as i like the lookof them.
SAME HERE
without a condenser and with a ss tip, it prones to split..although, it still works well and I put a hollow cork to make this epic stem as a 14mm WonG
with a condenser and a Ti tip it should last a lot more
still my favorite for Ti tip using

Last edited:
GoldenBud,

Smokey McVape

Sorry to hear that.
I bought the previous 2021 vong with the wooden body. I received it stuck in the closed position and it has remained stuck ever since.
Dynavap quality control is not what it used to be sadly

coolbreeze

My man, thanks for sharing this. 2 years wow thats certainly a commitment thanks again. Thing about those way back I was doing them per Georges specs at 10mm OD x 8mm OD which gave it a 1mm thickness hence the reason for the crowns. These being 12mm x 8mm having a bit more wall thickness gives it more strength and longevity. Yes these are made for the Ti tip. Appreciate you again.
I've got a handful of these, reg and xl, and they're my favorite DV stems. Ti spinning mouthpiece, Ed's stem, Ti tip and low-temp cap=terrific flavor machine. Really beautiful and elegant. Never had a crack, split, char or anything. Only problem I've had is there's only one I've been able to fit Omni condensor in.

Demonic chronic

Sorry to hear that.
I bought the previous 2021 vong with the wooden body. I received it stuck in the closed position and it has remained stuck ever since.
It’s working as it should now after @StringTheorista shared a video showing how to solve the issue.

coolbreeze

Sorry to hear that.
Wonder if they'd sort ya if you asked. If it's never turned, I'd consider it defective.

Top Bottom