cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
My Ed stem is a Blackwood capped Woody purchased fairly early on from DV direct and is still immaculate. It doesn't get much use anymore, with all the newer tech, but it is still quite lovely and does get the occasional opportunity to contribute to my buzz.
woody22.jpg

With that older flat finned tip it is kinda nostalgic looking...

XiniX

Aloha fellow FC,

I have some questions on which I can't seem to find an answer... Hopefully you can help me out...

1. How much does the standard (short) Titanium condenser weigh?

2. Do all M versions stil come with a standard SS condenser?

3. Is there a community driven centralised database with parts/weight/... yet?

I saw some blogs, lists of parts, but no final version. Yet.

Thanks in advance for your help, enjoy the weekend.

Peace

jabba

My Ed stem is a Blackwood capped Woody purchased fairly early on from DV direct and is still immaculate. It doesn't get much use anymore, with all the newer tech, but it is still quite lovely and does get the occasional opportunity to contribute to my buzz.
woody22.jpg

Does Ed still make this stem style? I don't see them listed at his site?

jabba,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I really couldn't tell you, but I picked this one up 6 or 7 years ago (I think). I think it was the first non glass VapCap I picked up.

Added: I was curious, I just found the order for it. I got it in November of 2016, A TI Woody S. It was 95 beans at the time.

Last edited:
cybrguy,
Reactions: jabba

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning, no sir I do not. Those were the very first pieces I did for DV back in the day when they were looking for another option when they had the glass. Those were the super thin wall thickness pieces that George would put crowns on himself. I never did the crowns just turned the wood. Was alot of fun making those back in the day.

Smokey McVape

Wonder if they'd sort ya if you asked. If it's never turned, I'd consider it defective.
I did think about it and I tried everything I could think of to get it moving but.......
Dynavap should NEVER have released a model that was so prone to sticking - they obviously knew there was a problem but put them up for sale regardless and let's not forget the dumpster fire that was the 2020M.
So glad I got in on Dynavap back in 2017 and got the early Ms (18+19) and the 2018 Omni because since then it's been all downhill from the company imo.

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
woody22.jpg

That is a cool piece to have.

I didn't realize until you posted yours up and then a quick chat with ED that mine is not an Ed's Tnt blackwood double crown, bummer. Dynavap made a small run of their own.

blackwood.jpg

Smokey McVape

Man these Ed’s stems are gorgeous:mmmm:
You can buy the newer style here -

Squidge

Butane powered
Unfortunately, they're out of stock on both. ☹️

Squidge,

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
Cheaper than I thought they would be.

Demonic chronic,

almost there

That is a cool piece to have.

I didn't realize until you posted yours up and then a quick chat with ED that mine is not an Ed's Tnt blackwood double crown, bummer. Dynavap made a small run of their own.

blackwood.jpg
They started machining them in-house when they introduced the first run of the nonavongs. The in-house ones have the oval airport.

Sweet-vapour-69420

I think I’m going off the Ti tips and just going to go SS only from now on.

I find it quite difficult to get an even roast on my 5 fin with a single flame. It either tastes charred or the middle isn’t as cooked as the outside, is this just the nature of that rapid heat cycle Ti tips are known for?

Shorner

I find it quite difficult to get an even roast on my 5 fin with a single flame. It either tastes charred or the middle isn’t as cooked as the outside, is this just the nature of that rapid heat cycle Ti tips are known for?
I don't like the Ti tips for the same reason...

coolbreeze

I've had similar problems primarily with an IH. Try a low-temp cap. It'll even out the entire experience. You'll still get substantial hits from the first on through, they'll be better tasting, and the overall roast will be very even. But for full-blast, I like an SS or '21 Omni tip.

Sweet-vapour-69420

I've had similar problems primarily with an IH. Try a low-temp cap. It'll even out the entire experience. You'll still get substantial hits from the first on through, they'll be better tasting, and the overall roast will be very even. But for full-blast, I like an SS or '21 Omni tip.
I’ll have to look into that, thanks for the recommendation. I’ll see if I can score a used non captive off Reddit exchange as DV only seem to offer them as captives now :doh:

Yes SS is a straight rocket - my 19m is a two heat cycle perfect dark brown extraction with both torch and IH. Yet to use the omni tip, the DV subreddit seems to collectively rank it as one of the worst along with the 20m - interestingly both the heaviest tips made in the respective materials

Demonic chronic

Strange, I find with a single flame torch I consistently get 2 hits per bowl with even roasting throughout with a ti tip, but in an IH it’s still greener in the middle than I’d like so I simply don’t use them because of it.

coolbreeze

Strange, I find with a single flame torch I consistently get 2 hits per bowl with even roasting throughout with a ti tip, but in an IH it’s still greener in the middle than I’d like so I simply don’t use them because of it.
Yeah, I prefer a torch as well, and I get pretty solid results that way (the wand works pretty well, though). I do prefer the tasty low-temp roast though.

Demonic chronic

Yeah, I prefer a torch as well, and I get pretty solid results that way (the wand works pretty well, though). I do prefer the tasty low-temp roast though.
Im torch 100% of the time for the reasons I mentioned, also as an added bonus (for me at least) is I seem to get a smidge higher with a torch, may be just me tho:lol:, when I'm using the OmniVap its low temp cap for me for them low temp roasts. don't use low temps caps on my vongs tho, not needed.

Demonic chronic,
Top Bottom