GoldenBud

Been using it for a year, has become my daily driver for small doses (0.02-0.04g) becase gives the perfect cooling and throat punch to me (I find it too harsh for doses > 0.05g). 2 heat cycles, airflow all way open and rocking, I love it.
you heat at the lowest part of the cap or mid?

Sweet-vapour-69420

Anyone used the YLL induction heater?

Thinking of purchasing one as a stop gap until the sense comes out, it claims to have adjustable temp and wattage settings but whether they’re any good is another question

Sweet-vapour-69420,

Sweet-vapour-69420

@Sweet-vapour-69420
I'm sure there is either a thread or comments on this. Off top of my head I don't think they were massively complimentary... Best do your own research....
I’ve been trying man!

I’ve found a thread on here about it but it’s pretty dead, next to no mention on Reddit either.

Maybe this is the universe trying to tell me something..

So on another topic, any UK guys got any IH recs? My only criteria is that it is adjustable and is somewhat pocketable for walks

Last edited:
Sweet-vapour-69420,

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
I’ve been trying man!

I’ve found a thread on here about it but it’s pretty dead, next to no mention on Reddit either.

So on another topic, any UK guys got any IH recs? My only criteria is that it is adjustable and is somewhat pocketable for walks
I don't think there are any others that are adjustable on the fly. Some use pads to adjust depth.
I e been v happy with my katalyzer. My mate has the UFO and v pleased and more pocketable. Vapefiend used to stock the UFO.
Good luck

Sweet-vapour-69420

I don't think there are any others that are adjustable on the fly. Some use pads to adjust depth.
I e been v happy with my katalyzer. My mate has the UFO and v pleased and more pocketable. Vapefiend used to stock the UFO.
Good luck
I’m a one vapcap man so I don’t mind setting it then forgetting it, just that I CAN set it is vital.

Funny you say that as I’ve been looking at the UFO. Seems quite cheap and has the bare essentials, which is all I’d really need until my Sense IH endgame.

If you don’t mind answering a few questions:

Does the UFO have a full range of adjustability? With my VHB the glass tube is open ended, so I cut my own cork plug and sanded it down until I could roast a 19m tip in two heat cycles. I’d like to be able to do the same ideally.

Can the UFO take a bit of rough housing? I won’t be throwing the thing at a wall, but it would be thrown in a backpack and used outdoors very regularly

Sweet-vapour-69420,

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
Found this stand on Etsy

stand-2.png

stand.png

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
I’m a one vapcap man so I don’t mind setting it then forgetting it, just that I CAN set it is vital.

Funny you say that as I’ve been looking at the UFO. Seems quite cheap and has the bare essentials, which is all I’d really need until my Sense IH endgame.

Does the UFO have a full range of adjustability? With my VHB the glass tube is open ended, so I cut my own cork plug and sanded it down until I could roast a 19m tip in two heat cycles. I’d like to be able to do the same ideally.

Can the UFO take a bit of rough housing? I won’t be throwing the thing at a wall, but it would be thrown in a backpack and used outdoors very regularly
No worries.
The UFO my mate bought here in France came with several pads and a couple of half thickness pads which offers quite a bit of customisation. However,check with UK supplier that these are included as I think I heard vapefiend doesn't....
The UFO came with 3 glass tubes. Two open ended and one with 3/4 depth. So yes, you can configure to clear your DV in two hits. Mine does this.

Assuming the UFO is as robust as my katalyzer, then I would say they are quite tough. I've dropped mine several times now, I've even broken my glass tube (so had my mates spare ) and it still works. It's just a battery and coil really so not much to break. I use mine outdoor regularly, I just keep it in a cheap padded hardshell you sometimes get for free.

I'm waiting for the sense to be available. Until then I'm really pleased with my (fairly cheap) ih.

fogbank

I can confirm that at one time the UFO came with different glass tubes and silicone spacers. I subsequently acquired one that did not come with the spare tubes and spacers. The glass tube is still removable, but you would need to find a source for the right size glass tubes if you wanted to adjust the depth of the heating chamber in the UFO.

The UFO can take a little bit of rough handling, but I would not be too rough on it. The glass tube can come out and, in general, the device is not designed to be thrown around. One's definition of "rough" is pretty subjective though.

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!

Dynavap 2020M for $30.00 with code dealoftheday

jabba

I’ve been trying man!

I agree... Yes..... The universe is trying to tell you something. When traveling always eat at the restaurant that has a line of people.... never the empty restaurant.
I really like my VHB a lot. It is adjustable and absolutely has replaced my single jet. Order today and have it in 6 weeks.... It's a busy restaurant (so to speak).
The wand is more readily available and people seem to like it a lot. Wand form factor isn't for me.
Koil boi is an option.
I don't think I'd venture beyond these suggestions personally, but the HotShot or Fluxr are potential options too if available.

Last edited:

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
Anyone with the new titanium vong, are they an upgrade over the standard vong and a possible replacement for the old omnivong that
Im currently rocking:rockon:, asking as now Vapefiend have stock of them for the uk folks.

Demonic chronic,

coolbreeze

Anyone with the new titanium vong, are they an upgrade over the standard vong and a possible replacement for the old omnivong that
Im currently rocking:rockon:, asking as now Vapefiend have stock of them for the uk folks.
Sorta and sorta. The Ti vong works better (tho not perfect) insofar as the sleeve no longer sticks. It may work better as a heat sink, as mine seems to produce less char taste than the original. The titanium sleeve is cool looking. It's more robust and reliable perhaps, but it'll be the interchangeable sleeves that will be the fun in it. Can't wait to see the wood choices. Edit: Otoh, I might buy a standard vong if I was thinking more of a collectible, and it's still a damn fine vape.

The old omnivong can't really be replaced, can it? That thing has its own perfection, as long as the wood stays good. One downside you'd likely notice right away is the Vong's standard length--not as spinnable as the XL Omnivong. Still, having a new vong would take the heat off your wooden parts, so to speak, and it fits 10mm joints much better. :tup:

Last edited:

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
Sorta and sorta. The Ti vong works better (tho not perfect) insofar as the sleeve no longer sticks. It may work better as a heat sink, as mine seems to produce less char taste than the original. The titanium sleeve is cool looking. It's more robust and reliable perhaps, but it'll be the interchangeable sleeves that will be the fun in it. Can't wait to see the wood choices. Edit: Otoh, I might buy a standard vong if I was thinking more of a collectible, and it's still a damn fine vape.

The old omnivong can't really be replaced, can it? That thing has its own perfection, as long as the wood stays good. One downside you'd likely notice right away is the Vong's standard length--not as spinnable as the XL Omnivong. Still, having a new vong would take the heat off your wooden parts, so to speak, and it fits 10mm joints much better. :tup:
Well maybe not replace my omnivong (non xl), just want something robust in case my wood ever develops a crack, what are the hits like thru water if you don’t mind me asking?,As it will be used in a bong 99% of the time, My current omnivong milks a bong quite nicely.
Also when the airport is turned off on the new ti vong is it 100% off, I don’t like any air input thru water.

Last edited:
Demonic chronic,

coolbreeze

Well maybe not replace my omnivong (non xl), just want something robust in case my wood ever develops a crack, what are the hits like thru water if you don’t mind me asking?,As it will be used in a bong 99% of the time, My current omnivong milks a bong quite nicely.
Also when the airport is turned off on the new ti vong is it 100% off, I don’t like any air input thru water.
It's made to hit through water. I think most folks like it because it's got a tip with mass and it really heats toward large, watercooled hits. I get fewer, bigger hits off a bowl, as a rule. A potential problem is the flavor suffers, but that can be mitigated with technique, or other bowls. You will probably like the performance with your current Ti bowl, for instance. I've been using a '21 Omni bowl set to half and get 2 big, flavorful hits. Works nice with a '21 M bowl, too, and as I've mentioned I think the standard bowl works better here somehow as well. It ought to meet your Omnivong in performance as you gain familiarity.

The airport closes down completely, or it'll hold any partial opening. It gets big, open hits native with the port uncovered. Frankly, it's easier to adjust than the Omni.

There's something funky and fun about the VonGs and they do feature real improvements (such as the body not swelling and sticking in the bong joint), but whenever I go back to the Omnivong--Nona or Hydra--I'm reminded how satisfying the really are.

For anyone on the fence over whatever remaining hydra and nonavong setups are available on DV, grab one, you won't be disappointed. If you got the cash and the inclination, both new vongs are fine upgrades in some important ways.

Last edited:

Sweet-vapour-69420

It's made to hit through water. I think most folks like it because it's got a bowl with mass and it really heats toward large, watercooled hits. I get fewer, bigger hits off a bowl, as a rule. A potential problem is the flavor suffers, but that can be mitigated with technique, or other bowls. You will probably like the performance with your current Ti bowl, for instance. I've been using a '21 Omni bowl set to half and get 2 big, flavorful hits. Works nice with a '21 M bowl, too, and as I've mentioned I think the standard bowl works better here somehow as well. It ought to meet your Omnivong in performance, as you gain familiarity.

The airport closes down completely, or it'll hold any partial opening. It gets big, open hits native with the port uncovered. Frankly, it's easier to adjust than the Omni.

There's something funky and fun about the VonGs and they do feature real improvements (such as the body not swelling and sticking in the bong joint), but whenever I go back to the Omnivong--Nona or Hydra--I'm reminded how satisfying the really are.

For anyone on the fence over whatever remaining hydra and nonavong setups are available on DV, grab one, you won't be disappointed. If you got the cash and the inclination, both new vongs are fine upgrades in some important ways.

Nothing hits like the old ones, despite the many QOL improvements and sparkles we’ve had since

Which is the older vong that has an SS tip? That one is a knockout artist

Sweet-vapour-69420

Right? It's a spinning Nona with a '19 M tip--you can't go wrong (as long as you wax your wood and take it out of the joint after your hit!).

Still available for $99 from DV, for those that have yet to experience one. It’s not the best vong (that is subjective) but it is the most efficient extraction vong (that is objective)

Sweet-vapour-69420,

Smokey McVape

Anyone used the YLL induction heater?

Thinking of purchasing one as a stop gap until the sense comes out, it claims to have adjustable temp and wattage settings but whether they’re any good is another question
A vapcap is designed to click at a set temperature.
An IH with adjustable temperature will make no difference to the temp the cap clicks at.
Temp too low = no click. Temp too high - quicker click with potential scorching.

Sweet-vapour-69420

A vapcap is designed to click at a set temperature.
An IH with adjustable temperature will make no difference to the temp the cap clicks at.
Temp too low = no click. Temp too high - quicker click with potential scorching.
I think the idea is more that you can set a max temp, then when the vapcap clicks you can keep it in there and let the heat soak all the way through without worrying about combustion.

Even my most finely tuned IH can’t achieve full heat penetration on click, I’ll usually need to do a little “sip heat” somewhere during the second heat cycle - so the temp control makes sense to me.

This IH does not do such a thing though, apparently the temp reading isn’t accurate enough. This uses the top of the cap to judge temp, whereas the sense is using more accurate IR readings

Sweet-vapour-69420,

Alexis

Hey people. Very depleted atm, huge understatement so please excuse my butting in such limited and pointed style.

But it's simple actually.

I have an open query. I expect lots of you clever vaporists (and people lol) here will have an idea.

I have an Ispire wand. From Vapefiend solely for Omnivapping.

Vs torch, I love the upgrade in vapor quality, extraction, eveness too, considtency, plus superior effects IME.

It's not perfect ofc. But one excellent feature of the Ispire is the flexible aporoach it allows for such vastly different type of hits and speed of extraction.

I don't know if other Vapcap induction heaters provide this equally.

For example I can choose to restrict the airflow to the maximum by turning the mouthpiece through water I use predominantly and holding the tip of the cap about midway up inside the gloss induction heating chamber of the Ispire.

Remove heat first click (Vapefiend told me that dynavap insist all the caps are the same but I just don't buy it myself the one I am using currently I like because it's quite loose allowing more airflow but also it has two distinct separate clicks by over one second but this varies), usually 2nd click comes after, but that way, cap height inserted, closedest path, consistent thick, smooth strong hits.

3/4 per load depending on herb.

Or, another love. I swear it's like flower dabbing this way but takes more mindfulness.

Oh, always Flower setting, heat level 1/5.

Omnivap Airport wide open. Tip extending 1 mm out top of Ispire.

Drawing back in slightly soon as vapor whisps visibly.

I begin my inhale then too, not lowering the tip too much. Finally clicks.

It's possible to extract the entire 0.12 max grams in one hit, or 80% of it, and it's not a tiny harsh. Tastes and feels like a dab.

I think that the longer exposure initially to the conduction heat performs some quick decarboxylation on the herb, before you begin the extraction.

Possibly?

Regardless no way can same extraction via torch be smooth at all.

With Ispire too, no heat spikes. It seems to start at fully sufficient temp, hold that for 10 seconds plus, then another 4-5 steady, thinner.

Torch shoots into a smog, starts thinning by 8 seconds.

So it's longer between clicks with the wand, but lower peak temp vs torch.

Anyway. My Ispire needs returning I think. Battery connection issue.

Need to ring Vapefbut had murderous Long Covid nerve damage and related more murderous haemorrhoids caused by it, every day just scraping through.

So. I can see the Ispire being returned. If so, I may prefer a different Vapcap induction heater? Or not, in reference to what I like about the Ispire flexibility.

Vapefiend have...lol, too many to name so...

If anybody has some useful direction here I'd massively appreciate it. I will have the very same conversation with them of course but I've been too weary and exhausted for that more formal and demanding concentration effort.

Top Bottom