kel

FuckMisogynists!
It's okay to have different opinions...

I love my VapOven, very even heating, totally reliable, huge 10 amp power pack... £80 and worth every penny! An absolute joy to use :tup:

I can get slightly better with a torch if I am going for big rips, but it's a lot of faff and while the first time might be great, that very quickly tails off as the evening progresses and the level of my attention slips.

Two or more cycles, and the effects are the same...

As the old saying goes... it's not what you use it's how you use it!

MegaMan2k

@kel
Good point.

I had this with my old vap-cap before it got stolen, later in the night when i was a bit tired it got harder to make those small movements with my fingers to turn it.

Been considering to get some type of heater this time, where did you buy yours if u dont mind me asking?
When i looked them up online i find so many options from 50€ all the way up to 200€, does it make a difference to go with the expensive ones?

MegaMan2k,
Reactions: kel

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I can only really speak to the UK market, this is the one I got:

Although this, regrettably, has been superseded by a newer model. This is a shame as it was perfect balance of simplicity and price. Another £60 on top for features I personally am not that bothered about seems odd... why not do both and cater to both ends of the market.

They still have the kit at £45 - just bring your own box!

I am sure someone here will be able to help you navigate the U.S. market.

Last edited:

MegaMan2k

Very nice thanks for the share, im in europe so UK is fine with me.

the 85£ verison is not in stock so its the DIY kit or the 120£ option
Part of me wants to get the kit, but i just dont have the time or space to put it together right now :p

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Very nice thanks for the share, im in europe so UK is fine with me.

the 85£ verison is not in stock so its the DIY kit or the 120£ option
Part of me wants to get the kit, but i just dont have the time or space to put it together right now :p

If you really want the £85 option, I suggest dropping them an email, no guarantees of course, but they are lovely people and very easy to deal with, I am sure you will get a direct answer one way or the other.

I know what you mean, I am quite into electronics, but woodwork... hmmm 🙄 perhaps not!

kel,
Reactions: pop22

MegaMan2k

If you really want the £85 option, I suggest dropping them an email, no guarantees of course, but they are lovely people and very easy to deal with, I am sure you will get a direct answer one way or the other.

I know what you mean, I am quite into electronics, but woodwork... hmmm 🙄 perhaps not!

Great idea, thanks...

Hah thats kind of funny, im into wood-work but not electronics :rofl:

MegaMan2k,
  • Love
Reactions: kel

DcTokeMan

VapinBlackGuy<~~~Rare
Others might not agree but induction heater are way overrated, I had 2 IH’s and they didn’t extract fully at all, especially considering the price of the bastards. Torch extracts fully and I swear I get way higher with a torch too.
im still rocking my 2017M and i gotta agree with you. While IH can give you a full extraction, the best and most precise hits ive had, have come from simple single flame torches. i also like not relying on batteries or any electronics.

Momor

Using a torch lighter makes so much noise and asks for so much focus that it's not enjoyable for me.
However my fluxer flite gives me a perfect experience. I drop my VC in, push the button and just have to hear the click. No need to look a it, can focus on something else and no noise until the click (I can also do something else with my other hand)
It's tuned well enough so I don't even need to go past the click (so no "Mississippi" or blink to count). I can cash a bowl in 3 heat cycles with perfectly even and dark AVB. If y want to go slower I can just use my other hand to put my VC less deep in the coil.
Using a VC outside with a torch was a chore for me. It's hard to see the blue flame and if it's a tiny bit windy it can take forever to click.
:2c:

stonedmallone

If you use a dynavap with a torch consistently, in my experience they run out in like a day. It's a little annoying but not a big deal refilling. I do love the convenience of my IH, and for the longest time I only used that. Lately I've been favoring the torch, and yes the hits are better but the IH is so convenient. Hard to pick

DcTokeMan

VapinBlackGuy<~~~Rare
If you use a dynavap with a torch consistently, in my experience they run out in like a day. It's a little annoying but not a big deal refilling. I do love the convenience of my IH, and for the longest time I only used that. Lately I've been favoring the torch, and yes the hits are better but the IH is so convenient. Hard to pick
download (2).jpgthis is the $5 eagle, gas station torch ive been using for 4 years. i wouldnt care how much you vape, theres no way on earth you go thru a tank a day with this or any comparable torch

Vape_Or_Die420

Interesting timing for this conversation. After 2 years of experimenting with a dynavap, i decided last week to sell all my IH's. After wasting hundreds of $$ i finally figured out torch is my preferred way. Dont think i will be interested in an IH until they are greatly improved. Preferences will very from person to person.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

I've been favoring the torch, and yes the hits are better but the IH is so convenient.
This. I have a Lucid Customs Atlas IH that's perfect for Ti tips, a Flux Deluxe that's perfect for SS tips, a Fluxer Flite that works well for both the SS tips and the new Ti tips, and can manage the older Ti tips with PWM, and the Wand works flawlessly with all of them. The Flite goes hiking with me, since it's rock solid in both performance and build, but I think the Wand best approximates a good, slow torch heating, the gold-standard for me. I love an Eagle single torch, though, so I end up using both every day.

Edit: It's nice to have an IH to preserve your colored caps.

Last edited:

pop22

I stand by what I say, induction heaters are way overrated and also way too expensive. Almost everyone on here harps on about induction heater as if they are the best thing since sliced bread, they simply are not needed, I get way better results with a torch that cost about £5.
To each his own! I agree that IH are poorly developed on average and over priced. On the other hand, I'll let my DV collect dust before I use it with a torch again! But that's just me.

reputation has nothing to do with it. even dynavap is still experimenting with designs, this is still very early tech for our heating purposes. the thing is there's simply too much variation of cap/tip heating properties, and even 1mm of depth adjusting (coil aiming) can make a noticeable difference.

then if the coil is very tightly wound/focused (most of them are except the wand and SJK) the hotring is very narrow and aggressive whereas the torch hits a much wider band and heats slower as you spin resulting in more even bake. on portable units this is kind of forced by enclosure size. so really most of those heaters require pulsing in order to allow time to spread heating. i'd still pick mindless pulsing over the focus required when torching.
only IH can heat onehanded without looking, this is very useful to me. but i agree generally torch does give better results for ~10x lower cost, at this point it can still be hard to justify most IH's out there.

edit: i think people (me) are very excited about the convenience and potential of IH's when recommending them if properly tuned, and tend to skip over tradeoffs. whenever i see someone disappointed by IH i get a little frustrated by makers, for not allowing any sort of adjustment on units, because it often ends up turning people off the tech completely, and i know for a fact it can perform.
WEll said! And I find the whole cost thing funny. How much do we pay for a stick of metal?? How much for an Ed's stem? Yes, some of us have budget limits, but the DV is a luxury device, if I wanted to just save money I'd smoke joints or vape off a spoon..... I just don't want to spend $170+ for an IH. And I'll keep the one I bought if it works, I spent the money already so I don't give a rat's patootee about a controversy that's just smoke blown up someone's butt. Eventually I'll have the money and will probab;y buy the Ispire Wand, unless something better comes along by then. In the mean time, my torch will be used to light my Moroccan hash pipe!

Steamer

There's only one problem with almost all of the induction heaters on the market right now and it's the coil. It's just way too large, the magnet wire that comes with those modules is 12awg (I think) and just needs a lot of power to function well. You're just overwhelming your poor little vapcap with magnetism :rolleyes:

Petetbay

Anybody try the Simrell Performance Kit? Got a couple and tried in a 19M and a shorty Vong. The condenser draw is tighter and I tried them with little to none carb I couldn’t feel it in the throat thinking wasn’t getting much till I coughed, really snuck up on me. Very cool vapor much like a Stinger really revitalized these old and never used DVs. Needs more study, but looking good, maybe try some 21Ti tips.

coolbreeze

Anybody try the Simrell Performance Kit? Got a couple and tried in a 19M and a shorty Vong. The condenser draw is tighter and I tried them with little to none carb I couldn’t feel it in the throat thinking wasn’t getting much till I coughed, really snuck up on me. Very cool vapor much like a Stinger really revitalized these old and never used DVs. Needs more study, but looking good, maybe try some 21Ti tips.

This is great. I've wondered how well these would work without forcing open the air gap between the condenser and tip the way the Stinger does. Glad to hear it cools with a native-style DV airflow. Wonder if they'll make an XL?

Top Bottom