MegaMan2k

Lookin thru the options for the 2021 models, seems like they all come with the Captive cap or am i missing something?

MegaMan2k,
Reactions: pop22

Petetbay

Lookin thru the options for the 2021 models, seems like they all come with the Captive cap or am i missing something?
All the new 21 models have them, there may be some carryover models from previous years that come with the old cap ie. Hydravong, Omni etc

Petetbay,

MegaMan2k

I see, well i dont want to buy into something that people on here are saying they dont like as much as the old one, and paying a premium for it on top of that , lol :D

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
When I bought the 21 omni I just bought a regular ole cap for it, I don’t piss about with captive caps, no need for them.

Demonic chronic,

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I see, well i dont want to buy into something that people on here are saying they dont like as much as the old one, and paying a premium for it on top of that , lol :D

There's lots of people get on with the captive caps just fine, there's nothing better about any of them except from particular perspectives.

Personally I don't want to vape a whole cap in one go and I like getting 3 or 4 tokes per heat cycle over maybe 5 or 6 heat cycles - I find it tastier, more relaxing and more enjoyable in practically every way - but that's just like my preference!

FWIW I can pull an entire cap (any of the 3 I have if I treat it right) through a bong in a couple of hits, but that's a very different style of vaping.

Petetbay

I must be one of the few that likes the captive caps. I turned a few people on to DV and always had to teach newbies how to adjust the cap for tightness and then they see the captive cap and say I’d rather have one of those and I say ok, that will cost you $30.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
You have my sympathy.
Tbh, imo, there is no wrong choice.
Pick one.
It makes little difference as you will inevitably buy another.
And then another.
And then another.

I have 8 of the fuckers. And several additional stems.

I genuinely love em all.

Each is different. In looks and or hit etc etc.

So many variables and options.

I'm done now thank goodness.....

Until I can get one of those mad ones (and his ih).
And a phat piggy. And those mvs look good.
Should be covered then....... surely I should be covered then.....

coolbreeze

people get on with the captive caps just fine
I like them with the new tips. I think the combo of the looser cap with the new tip's serrated edge, extra mass, and horizontal ridge configuration give a bit better airflow, more convection, and maybe more flavor and headier effects. I don't really use them with the older tips, except for the Ti tip/low-temp cap combo, which can't be beat, imho.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I must be one of the few that likes the captive caps. I turned a few people on to DV and always had to teach newbies how to adjust the cap for tightness and then they see the captive cap and say I’d rather have one of those and I say ok, that will cost you $30.

I felt the same way, until they actually released the captive cap, and I tried it. Now I really don't like them.

Steamer

Well, there's gonna be a bunch of different answers here :lol:

My summary of what vapcap to get:
- screw smoking and get very blasted: 19M
- hash and concentrates: 21M
- cool vapour and very smooth hits: Simrell
- flavour: 21 Omni
- best budget all rounder: Hydravong XLS or any XL stem + condensor with the old style titanium tip

Oh yeah and the caps... If it comes with a captive one, just give it a try. I'm perfectly happy with how they work on the 21M and Omni, but I'm not gonna pick a fight here trying to explain why :lol:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The only VC I have with a captive cap is my 21Vong. I think the design of the 21 tips lends itself better to the captive caps and I have had no problem using it with that vintage, or at least with that VonG. I never found it necessary or particularly useful on earlier VCs. If/when I want to replace that cap I might get a captive one.

Smokey McVape

if you throw the captive cap in the bin, where it belongs, and replace it with a standard cap the device works entirely satisfactorily.
I use standard caps exclusively but still have issues with my 20M - it seems to dissipate heat extremely quickly as I get a cool down click after only 3-4 seconds and the body gets unusually hot so I don't use it at all.

Frg12344

I'll check when I'm home but I think I used mobile to do it

It works on mobile just make sure you scroll the whole page

Frg12344,
Top Bottom