stonedmallone

Works on mobile, but if you’re too lazy to find it, that’s more chance for us. 😬

It’s to keep the visual hint of the cap jumping up at the click.
Haha I have already spent way too much of my time trying to find this. Probably a collective 2 hours over 2 days at this point lmao I have to give up or else I'll end up pushing off important stuff lol

pop22

Ahh. Gotcha. I've never had any interest in using the direct upload function, because I'm worried that it won't strip the metadata from the picture like some of the popular hosting sites I use do. As long as I live in an illegal state, then I don't want my location data to be able to be available to be found in the metadata attached to the pictures I upload that were taken with my own camera/phone.

Same reason I use a VPN to hide my IP address.
Block the matadata in your phones settings then there is no issue anywhere. Or ten seconds in a program like GIMP will strip it. I like it gone BEFORE it travels the internet!

if you throw the captive cap in the bin, where it belongs, and replace it with a standard cap the device works entirely satisfactorily.
my 2020 M has the captive cap and works just fine.

I really want to use my 2020 M more. But........ I hate the whole ritual of using a torch, i despise repetitive behaviors, maybe it's ADHD I don't know. Anyway, I've wanted to get an induction heater. Glad I didn't buy one from Dynavap as much as I hate the implications of that, lets face it, they've had some issues. Then Ispire The wand came out. I wish I'd found them when the price was still at least decent, but I just can't spend $170 for a device to simply heat my M. I've looked at some of the units made by custom producers, and some are really nice, but again, my budget is limited. Then I discovered the UFO, a new IH out that sells for $99.00 Is it worth it? I decided to find out and took a chance by buying one. When I get it I'll test it out and post here about it. Maybe I'll finally use my M more!

UFO-Infuction-Heater-2_1-768x768.jpg

vandalizedbythelotus

It’s to keep the visual hint of the cap jumping up at the click.
thank you! this was driving me a bit crazy, at least now i can understand were they are coming from.
however, i'm not convinced the tradeoff is worth it and still think reducing the amount of play by say 50% would dramatically improve the experience.
Not a “feature” for me as I only use my DV’s with an IH, which means I’m keeping constant pressure on the DV until the click.
same here, 99.9% induction heating. i got more used to it lately and figured out how to wiggle captive caps on/off on older TI spiral and the 19m zigzag tips with a magnet. but it's still kind of a nuisance because IMO there's just too much play adding inconsistency.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I really want to use my 2020 M more. But........ I hate the whole ritual of using a torch, i despise repetitive behaviors, maybe it's ADHD I don't know. Anyway, I've wanted to get an induction heater. Glad I didn't buy one from Dynavap as much as I hate the implications of that, lets face it, they've had some issues. Then Ispire The wand came out. I wish I'd found them when the price was still at least decent, but I just can't spend $170 for a device to simply heat my M. I've looked at some of the units made by custom producers, and some are really nice, but again, my budget is limited. Then I discovered the UFO, a new IH out that sells for $99.00 Is it worth it? I decided to find out and took a chance by buying one. When I get it I'll test it out and post here about it. Maybe I'll finally use my M more!

View attachment 13863

Whole thread here... YMMV and your popularity may go into decline...

I use a mains powered VapOven - it's great and at a really good price!

rvarick

I'd taken the plunge on the UFO IH, despite my better judgement given how they've acted on social media, among other potential red flags. TBH, the price I found was hard to resist (although I wish I had).

While I was happy with a couple aspects of it - such as the form factor and the customizable heating profiles, it turned out to be really glitchy and unreliable. Mine wouldn't charge correctly and would randomly shut down. It also came with shoddy QC/fit and finish. I wouldn't recommend this company or device to anyone based on my experience, as well as other perceived red flags on their business practices.

In contrast, I have nothing but good things to say on Fluxer (if he ever gets back in business), Pipes (Portside, Hotshot, etc.), and the Ispire Wand. For folks potentially on the fence about the Wand as a dedicated IH, if you think you'll ever need a concentrate option as well - the wand does a great job there too!

pop22

Whole thread here... YMMV and your popularity may go into decline...

I use a mains powered VapOven - it's great and at a really good price!
Well crap........ guess I should have broke the bank and bought The Wand.

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
Others might not agree but induction heater are way overrated, I had 2 IH’s and they didn’t extract fully at all, especially considering the price of the bastards. Torch extracts fully and I swear I get way higher with a torch too.

Demonic chronic

I stand by what I say, induction heaters are way overrated and also way too expensive. Almost everyone on here harps on about induction heater as if they are the best thing since sliced bread, they simply are not needed, I get way better results with a torch that cost about £5.

Ripstar

I stand by what I say, induction heaters are way overrated and also way too expensive. Almost everyone on here harps on about induction heater as if they are the best thing since sliced bread, they simply are not needed, I get way better results with a torch that cost about £5.
Lots of people do, now add up the cost of butane.......

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Can't argue with those @Demonic chronic , never used a torch on any Dynas. Just saying a good roast w/ an IH is not that hard - but it does take some tweaking. Sure don't see it as a competition - OG vision is battery free right? Still loving my CV's and that's what matters.

I wouldn't be vaping if cheap IH DIY wasn't an option. Butane and I don't get along.

Demonic chronic

I don’t have to tweak anything to get an even roast with a torch. Not hating on people using induction heaters, just hate people saying to new Dynavapers ah u need an induction heater, u simply don’t. I listened to people on this site and got 2 induction heaters, huge mistake.

but, butane runs out, fast....
A can of butane last me at least a month, and I use my Dynavap everyday.

vandalizedbythelotus

I don’t have to tweak anything to get an even roast with a torch. Not hating on people using induction heaters, just hate people saying to new Dynavapers ah u need an induction heater, u simply don’t. I listened to people on this site and got 2 induction heaters, huge mistake.

A can of butane last me at least a month, and I use my Dynavap everyday.
i agree IH's are terribly overpriced unless DIY, and the torch is still more versatile, economical and soo much more portable. even with 2 IH's i love, i still bought 150$ worth of lighters this past month (some are for gifting).

but i mean ... you still aim the torch and spin the dynavap no? those equivalent tweaks/techniques are required on IH to get comparable results too.
they translate to aiming the middle of the coil as you would the tip of the torch and (depending on IH) pulsing the power instead of spinning in order to ensure consistent cooking.

my point is, IH can heat faster and more consistently compared to torch, but those specific units your tried are not properly tuned. i can certainly understand feeling disappointed after paying so much for poor results.

anyway i like them both, but i find IH much more convenient and it wins the reach test. this heating element versatility is one of the best things about dynavap IMO. it's what made me choose it over the lotus and vapman initially.

Last edited:

Demonic chronic

i agree IH's are terribly overpriced unless DIY, and the torch is still more versatile, economical and soo much more portable. even with 2 IH's i love, i still bought 150$ worth of lighters this past month (some are for gifting).

but i mean ... you still aim the torch and spin the dynavap no? those equivalent tweaks/techniques are required on IH to get comparable results too.
they translate to aiming the middle of the coil as you would the tip of the torch and (depending on IH) pulsing the power instead of spinning in order to ensure consistent cooking.

my point is, IH can heat faster and more consistently compared to torch, but those specific units your tried are not properly tuned. i can certainly understand feeling disappointed after paying so much for poor results.

anyway i like them both, but i find IH much more convenient and it wins the reach test. this heating element versatility is one of the best things about dynavap IMO. it's what made me choose it over the lotus and vapman initially.
The units I had were both from a very reputable guy on here, they just didn’t work great and certainly didn’t evenly roast.

Last edited:

vandalizedbythelotus

The units I had were both from a very reputable guy on here, they just didn’t work great and certainly didn’t evenly roast.
reputation has nothing to do with it. even dynavap is still experimenting with designs, this is still very early tech for our heating purposes. the thing is there's simply too much variation of cap/tip heating properties, and even 1mm of depth adjusting (coil aiming) can make a noticeable difference.

then if the coil is very tightly wound/focused (most of them are except the wand and SJK) the hotring is very narrow and aggressive whereas the torch hits a much wider band and heats slower as you spin resulting in more even bake. on portable units this is kind of forced by enclosure size. so really most of those heaters require pulsing in order to allow time to spread heating. i'd still pick mindless pulsing over the focus required when torching.
only IH can heat onehanded without looking, this is very useful to me. but i agree generally torch does give better results for ~10x lower cost, at this point it can still be hard to justify most IH's out there.

edit: i think people (me) are very excited about the convenience and potential of IH's when recommending them if properly tuned, and tend to skip over tradeoffs. whenever i see someone disappointed by IH i get a little frustrated by makers, for not allowing any sort of adjustment on units, because it often ends up turning people off the tech completely, and i know for a fact it can perform.

Last edited:

Demonic chronic

reputation has nothing to do with it. even dynavap is still experimenting with designs, this is still very early tech for our heating purposes. the thing is there's simply too much variation of cap/tip heating properties, and even 1mm of depth adjusting (coil aiming) can make a noticeable difference.

then if the coil is very tightly wound/focused (most of them are except the wand and SJK) the hotring is very narrow whereas the torch hits a much wider band as you spin resulting in more even bake. on portable units this is kind of forced by enclosure size. so really most of those heaters require pulsing in order to allow time to spread heating. i'd still pick mindless pulsing over the focus required when torching.
only IH can heat onehanded without looking, this is very useful to me.
The person who makes the IH’s I used has been doing it a little bit longer than Dynavap has.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Surely this is horses for courses....

I personally hated DV with just a lighter at the start. Initially piss poor taste with high likelihood of scorching. I was unable to recommend it to my friends at the time.

For me, ih is a game changer and I now appreciate what a DV can do. And I love my 8 vapcaps. Wouldn't part with any of them..

I very occasionally use a lighter but only now having become familiar with the potential of the dv. My tech is much better now especially as I know what the DV can deliver.

Admittedly I have had the best hits from a lighter. But for me this takes time and commitment which I often don't have and the more variable results can be frustrating. The flip side is Ive had my worst hits with a lighter.

In the last 2 weeks I've converted 2 mates to DV. And I showed them both techniques.
Both have gone ih route.
Both were long time tokers.
Both now love the DV.

I personally would recommend a new user to seriously consider an ih. For me, they help to demonstrate what the DV can do.

Once the love is there then I reckon playing with a lighter is a great idea. Chase those sublime hits etc etc. Take the time to understand the tip and heat profiles etc.

But for me, the convenience and reliability of an ih is very important. One handed use without really thinking is great.

I think any arguements wrt gas or electric consumption is fairly pointless.

For ref I'm using the katalyser click and go for 6 months now. Hasn't missed a beat.
My pennies have been saved for a mad heater. Had hoped to have for Christmas this year.

vandalizedbythelotus

The person who makes the IH’s I used has been doing it a little bit longer than Dynavap has.
yes but not nearly with the same resources or feedback and hindsight benefit. and there wasn't much iteration or difference from the base ZVS config until recently, evolution is generally an exponential growth. they were also limited by enclosure size etc ... however, a knowledgeable person could still adjust those units by reworking the coil chamber depth/button.

Last edited:
vandalizedbythelotus,
Top Bottom