pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Ahhh, but you tested with “tubing”. Most of the tubing I have is much thicker then most orings, so that’s one potential difference.

So the oring-iso challenge is on.....

I have a gallon of 99% ISO, I’ll take various orings from different devices, as perhaps not all “silicone” is the same composition. I’ll soak them in a sealed airtight container for a week. Then assuming they don’t dissolve, the real test is to see if the silicone has softened or deformed in any way. If the elasticity is altered at all, then the myth is true, and warnings should be heeded.

Before I take time and materials, I’ll test my online google-foo first. The “MYTH” of not soaking silicone orings in ISO is so prevalent, I certainly believed it, as I’ve read countless reports of bad outcomes, but perhaps it’s just a myth. I’m glad Pak is always right, I’m certainly not, but I have a decent percentage..... :)

@Stu's test was extreme. I didn't say you could soak silicone in ISO for weeks, I said that soaking it for a few minutes for cleaning would result in minimal damage if any. ISO causes some slight swelling but it is temporary, you just have to let the alcohol evaporate fully. Medical silicone is cleaned using ordinary rubbing alcohol (~70%) all the time, in fact I think it is the standard method.

snackmaster

At least I can say, any time I have spoken to someone at Dynavap, they have been extremely helpful in resolving any issues I had. I just bought a titanium stem with machining marks on it, so I messaged their support, and they said they would replace it if I just send it in. I felt that was pretty fair, still have to pay shipping which is a bit annoying but I get it.
147163408_1054914688323291_1907912324189598790_n.jpg
Are we talking about the surface roughness of the facets? Does anyone have a pic of an omni body that's acceptably smooth? Asking because my omni body from years ago looks like that...

(and I know you all know this, but cost of raw materials ≠ cost of goods manufactured)

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Are we talking about the surface roughness of the facets? Does anyone have a pic of an omni body that's acceptably smooth? Asking because my omni body from years ago looks like that...

(and I know you all know this, but cost of raw materials ≠ cost of goods manufactured)
Pretty sure my Omni xl has those marks too, definitely not something I ever gave a second thought. I don’t use it much and not even sure where it’s at. Carbless unlined wood stems ftw. Thanks Ed

condition

Can you give an example of Carbless unlined wood stems, thanks

I got rid of my Omni after I got my first Simrell vortex. It’s the bomb both natively and through a water piece. I now have three.

But I’ll offer another alternative; a Phat Piggie stem. The only stem that is better than my Vortex natively is my 120mm Phat Piggie Blackwood stem with aluminum mouthpiece. It’s amazing.

Both will get you what you want. Oh and the Phat Piggie is lovely through water as well.

Phat piggie blackwood seems so attractive. I wish I could get all these great additions in Europe. I am now looking for vortex for delivery EU

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
Phat piggie blackwood seems so attractive. I wish I could get all these great additions in Europe. I am now looking for vortex for delivery EU
There's a few EU retailers that sell Simrell products. No need to order from the USA unless you need a custom stem

Franco,
Reactions: stark1

Morty

I just got a new Light Wood NonaVong (had a Dark Wood a few years back). Been using a 2020 M the last year or so. Decided against the Hydra after seeing a fair amount of posts about the wood cracking.

After using the new NonaVong exclusively for a couple days, I pulled out the M to do some b2b sessions today. I've been using the M at the half bowl setting natively (no water filtration or j-hook) and the Vong on the tiniest bowl setting through a 14mm j-hook.

Anyone feel the SS tip of the M is smoother than the Ti tip? I don't know, the titanium just seems to have a "bite" to it that the stainless doesn't. It's not intolerable or anything, but certainly noticeable.

condition

There's a few EU retailers that sell Simrell products. No need to order from the USA unless you need a custom stem
Hi Franco thanks so much. I have found two retailers based in UK. Unfortunately since Brexit, EU customs have been overwhelmed from the UK parcels that all need customs clearance. As an example I haven't received yet Firefly accessories from UK that I ordered beginning January.

So if you know a retailer based in EU but not UK, it would be appreciated if you link me.

Pretty sure my Omni xl has those marks too, definitely not something I ever gave a second thought. I don’t use it much and not even sure where it’s at. Carbless unlined wood stems ftw. Thanks Ed
Can you give an example of Carbless unlined wood stems, thanks.

condition,

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
Anyone feel the SS tip of the M is smoother than the Ti tip? I don't know, the titanium just seems to have a "bite" to it that the stainless doesn't. It's not intolerable or anything, but certainly noticeable.

I think this could depend on the way you use it.
If you heat both tips the same way (e.g. for the same amount of time, at the same spot, etc.) the Ti would be a little hotter.
That's probably the "bite" you're referring to. My suggestion is try the low temp cap (with the Ti tip).

Franco,
Reactions: Morty

Duba

Accessory Maker
So if you know a retailer based in EU but not UK, it would be appreciated if you link me.

I prefer my Omni and i sold my Simrell after few months.
The Omni is my first vaporizer so i have a special relationship with it!

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
Hi Franco thanks so much. I have found two retailers based in UK. Unfortunately since Brexit, EU customs have been overwhelmed from the UK parcels that all need customs clearance. As an example I haven't received yet Firefly accessories from UK that I ordered beginning January.

Can you give an example of Carbless unlined wood stems, thanks.
Sorry, I've just seen your post and was about to link the very same options @Duba mentioned above.

Carbless unlined stems look like this

Momor

Just to add to Duba's links
So if you know a retailer based in EU but not UK, it would be appreciated if you link me

condition

I prefer my Omni and i sold my Simrell after few months.
The Omni is my first vaporizer so i have a special relationship with it!
Hey that's what I needed. Just to clarify:
I am now of possession of omni xl starter kit, and portable Apolo rover. Lacentralvapeur that I am ready to subscribe and order, lists the simrell vortex 80mm available but no more in production and links to the short version.

So since I have the omni xl version, does it make sense now to order the short version (together with steel tip and low temp cap) or get another long version for more cooling? And also the simrell web site does not mention anything about no more manufacturing and the xl version (which I suppose is the 80mm) is more popular and has more reviews

condition,

jds

I like my Vortex so much I ordered a second one yesterday, so I could have both a Shortex and a regular size Vortex. I like both my Omni and Vortex, there's enough space for both here! It just depends on my mood which I'll use.

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
Today the vapcap fell on the ground and the cap was dented a little, it is no longer perfectly flat, it is not the first time I have dropped it, it has always worked well and even tonight it did its duty, although the first click sometimes it's a little weak ...

Chose driz

God the dynavap gives so much
I had a large container of abv stored from my omni
And just decided to eat it all
Went and played no mans sky
Totally don’t know what happened after that but woke up today totally baked
And have spent the whole day going about my business
Totally baked loved every second of it #
WAKE ALREADY BAKED
BEUTIF Beautiful

GoldenBud

ABV in a capsule works great, but if you take it every day it will raise your tolerance. for sure. the first time i took 2 caps (0.6g abv at all) with some fatty meal, it was as strong as RSO in small doses..

that said, DON'T put brown ABV from the DV in your capsule! stop before the last click, the DV can get the ABV really brown..

Cannabiker

I love the way vaping emphasizes the upside of a cannabis buzz, delivering the happy, euphoric, creative, and energetic phases of the experience, without so much of the stupefying effects. Now, I have absolutely no scientific basis for this belief, but I think those negative effects remain unextracted. For that reason, I rarely eat ABV--that's where the couchlock lives.

DV content: I haven't turned on my desktop in two days--for the first time in years--because I've been enjoying my Simrell and Fluxer so much.

Last edited:
Top Bottom