VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
I did not tell Scott. That was my choice. The paint really does not affect performance imo and I really don't want Scott to spend money sending me a replacement for something pretty minor. I'd just look like someone who wants a free stem. Not my intention.

But for Dynavap, I DID inform them. I sent pics but they wanted a video despite me informing them of my inconvenience. I went through some trouble to send them what they wanted. Although I said the replacement isn't necessary, I'd still like some feedback on my issue. Did I do something wrong? I'm guessing not since there hasn't been a reply for 3 days. If it's not my fault, can I at least have some assurance that this is just a random occurrence? Vapcaps might be relatively cheaper but I can't be gambling with them for future purchases? I'm sure that's not too much to ask?

I had an even more ridiculous encounter with CS on black friday. They tried to tell me I received a $7 discount on shipping when I didn't. I knew shipping is the same cos I checked weeks before. Long story short, It became quite embarrassing when they tried to cover one lie with another. Kinda dumb cos it's a lie that would expose itself after a day! I called BS and no more replies lol.

Not gonna let any of this bother me. Moving on.
I have not seen an issue anywhere on black but I'm more than happy to take care of this. BBVapes will be moving this process into Canada where they can closely oversee the electromagnetic plating moving forward.

This is the first black I have seen with any issues whatsoever. Just a few greens prior to that and not even all of them. But yes I represent BB Vapes here in the US and we both stand behind our sales so please holler if you need help.

StringTheorista

Is there a quick fix for the honest torch, it runs for about 3 seconds and then does a big flame out. Gas keeps going after the switch is off.
Don’t know where you’re vaping, but is it cold? The room where my vape station is is colder than the rest of my house, and I need to either keep my torch in my pocket, or set the flame higher for the winter, otherwise is acts like you’re describing. It’s one of those metal Honest torches from Vgoodiez. My plastic torch seems less affected by the slight cold

SomnusViduus

you want the wizard or the skull?
i cannot for the life of me get the screen in either of my titanium tips to stay put on the .05 size. after 2 or 3 caps of smoking, stirring maybe, and repacking it just starts to fall in sideways. the screens are as flat as i can get them. i can do this no problem with my ss tip. why am i an idiot right now?

edit: the screens are physically smaller. just jammed a ss screen in there instead. i have shit to do today lol.

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Got my goodiez from @VGOODIEZ 🤞 liking the shellshock stem.
Is there a quick fix for the honest torch, it runs for about 3 seconds and then does a big flame out. Gas keeps going after the switch is off.

Time perhaps to “turn on” your magnetic induction machine?
Christmas Dancing GIF
While you fiddle with your Honest.

Last edited:
stark1,

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
@khelek41girl Does the damascus has any particular smell to it ? I've seen it only on a knife and it smelled like gunpowder for some reason. Maybe it is something similar to how brass reacts to the sweat of your fingers.
Interesting! My guess is that the gunpowder smell was from machining oils used to prevent it from rusting. The oil that I used is the same oil that I use for wood (I didn't have anything else), so it doesn't smell like anything in particular...at least that I've noticed. We shall see as time goes on though with hand oils!

Vape_Or_Die420

Got my goodiez from @VGOODIEZ 🤞 liking the shellshock stem.
Sounds like you have too much pressure in the tank. Take a pen and push the fill port on the torch to express the gas. Refill and make sure not to pump it, i think thats how you get the extra pressure sometimes.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
“OK, put your blindfolds on, and ..... can you tell a VAPE difference between 7-fin, and standard Ti tip?”

I imagine. What standard Ti generation tip would you compare it to?

The first generations were like sipping honey thru a straw.
I imagine the new slick 7- finners
Are the sport of the draw.
car gold GIF

PS “No fins were injured during fabrication.” 🌺

Last edited:
I got the dynavap case , cvap and 7 fin as a gift from dynavap. I did get my order in for the 7 at probably 7:02am.

The 7 fin goes into my omni a little tighter than the 5 fin titanium. I cannot put it in my 2 2019M and my 2020M or my Cvap without having the orings come out from their slots. I have tried lube but it only helps a bit. Right now I can only use the 7 fin with the omni and it is tight for sure.

If I did not have the omni not sure this can be fixed.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
i cannot for the life of me get the screen in either of my titanium tips to stay put on the .05 size. after 2 or 3 caps of smoking, stirring maybe, and repacking it just starts to fall in sideways. the screens are as flat as i can get them. i can do this no problem with my ss tip. why am i an idiot right now?

edit: the screens are physically smaller. just jammed a ss screen in there instead. i have shit to do today lol.
Have you by chance cleaned the CCD in a torch flame? I think torch cleaning causes the Ti ccds to shrink. I always clean them with ISO...

Steverino

Interesting! My guess is that the gunpowder smell was from machining oils used to prevent it from rusting. The oil that I used is the same oil that I use for wood (I didn't have anything else), so it doesn't smell like anything in particular...at least that I've noticed. We shall see as time goes on though with hand oils!
I collect kitchen knives, mostly Japanese. Carbon steel can be quite reactive and I think I know the smell Abysmal Vapor is referring to. The strongest I've smelled it is when I've cut an onion and not wiped the knife off right away. The reaction does smell like the description and if you then cut something else without wiping the blade off, it will leave a bit of black on what you're cutting. Oiling the blade, or in this case the stem, protects it from this. On a blade, you can just let it patina over time and the patina will, to an extent, protect the surface. I still oil all my carbon steel knives with mineral oil if I'm going to store them for a while. I'd recommend this with carbon steel damascus stems as they will rust. If your damascus is made from stainless steel, it won't have these problems.

SomnusViduus

you want the wizard or the skull?
Have you by chance cleaned the CCD in a torch flame? I think torch cleaning causes the Ti ccds to shrink. I always clean them with ISO...
no, they're brand new. the 7 fin tip from the giveaway specifically. i got two and was planning on giving one to my mother-in-law who microdoses. i can't get either one to stay...

edit to add that i microdose too and it's making me reach for the ss tip over the ti, which i'd really like to enjoy. i'm sure there is a fix.

SomnusViduus,
Reactions: stark1

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
The 7 fin goes into my omni a little tighter than the 5 fin titanium. I cannot put it in my 2 2019M and my 2020M or my Cvap without having the orings come out from their slots. I have tried lube but it only helps a bit. Right now I can only use the 7 fin with the omni and it is tight for sure.
I’m not sure (my calipers are at my shop and it cold out there) but my 7 fin seems a bit more snug on some of my stems. Could be possible they’re just new O rings? I’m glad you said something. I was planning on putting the 7 fin on one of my unlined stems. I’ll proceed with a bit more caution.

I also noticed, and I don’t recall it being said, the 7 fin only has two slots for the ccd adjustment instead of three like my other Ti tips.?

vaporculture

7empest, or 7-Fin as commonly known arrived today from DynaVap. Got to say I’m blown away by the generosity that this company shows...again and again and again.
Agreed. George's generosity should not be taken for granted. Rather, it should be celebrated each time as if it were still unexpected. There is no way that the 7-fin offering was a greedy plot blown up by bad publicity on social media. I am positive it was his way of trying to reach those of us who have sentimentalized the OG 7-fin because we've been there for his journey from small enterprise to corporate success -- the simple "Thank You" card in each package says it all. We appreciate him, and he appreciates us right back. To believe in George's good intentions is the only way to go IMO.

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

sometimes the ti screens are shrunk in production if they are cast. Ohers say heating the ti condensers can csuse them to shrink. hav had no just problems if an SS screens works, thats fine...

notams

toke down Babylon
RE: Screens.
I routinely microdose at 1/2 bowl. (.05 bowl cracked me up) I (personally) cannot adjust Ti screens. I ordered 4 packs of SS screens and use them in the Ti and SS tips. I only clean with stem milk method or occasionally with iso. Works perfect.

BTW - flatten screen with 2 pennies and a pair of pliers.

RE: 7-fin
Got one... awesome, thanks, yada-yada... Yes, mine is a tighter fit into the stem. Only fits my Hydra and even then it is an o-ring-gushing, dynalubed, clusterfuck to get the bastard in. But, feels nice when it's in there tight (snicker).

Blindfolded? Nah, couldn't tell. Its a tip.

However, I would never diminish anyone else's experience. I rotate 4 devices with Simrell, Omni, Shellshock, M XL-S, and play DynaLego with SS and Ti tips, and regular and low temp caps. I run through average of 25-30 caps a day... medical, MS, yada-yada... So, I cannot keep straight how one particular Ti tip differs from another.

I got a Pygmalion tip in my Dynavap gift. The tip is not only beautiful. But, the effect... Wow! Blown away!

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Dolly Parton Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

High flute-in, Geo!
Leave no tips unturned, @notams . Shaw me, yours she said?
Great Expectations, Chas.

(“Bernie” was a polemicist?)

A Christmas Story? LOL “in GOT we Trust, all others pay cash” 😇

Last edited:
Top Bottom