TommyDee

Vaporitor
@notams - see if that tight fit isn't rolled orings. Had a '20-M tip destroy 3 wooden stems. The o-ring wouldn't twist with the tip on insertion. Dead give-away.

Then again, it could just be tight. Good thing I don't have one. I like my stems :cheers:

TommyDee,
Reactions: KidFated.

rosedale

I have had very little problems with these torches which is why I continue to offer them. That said nothing is perfect so if you have continued problems holler at me and I'll take care of you.

I have not seen an issue anywhere on black but I'm more than happy to take care of this. BBVapes will be moving this process into Canada where they can closely oversee the electromagnetic plating moving forward.

This is the first black I have seen with any issues whatsoever. Just a few greens prior to that and not even all of them. But yes I represent BB Vapes here in the US and we both stand behind our sales so please holler if you need help.

Just two more examples of outstanding customer service from @VGOODIEZ . Scott is the man!

Texus

@notams - see if that tight fit isn't rolled orings. Had a '20-M tip destroy 3 wooden stems. The o-ring wouldn't twist with the tip on insertion. Dead give-away.

Then again, it could just be tight. Good thing I don't have one. I like my stems :cheers:
My experience was also that the 7 fin tip was a tighter fit than 2020 Steel or the normal Ti tip. Which was great for the BB Shell Shock where my Ti was very slightly loose (with an o-ring missing). But would have been some work to get it on 2020 M body.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I DK if this factors into the discussion about the new tips possibly being a bit larger than usual, but I noticed the new cap I just received from DV being somewhat larger than any other in ID. In fact, the cap slipped off any tip I use just by turning it upside down. I had to do more cap squishing than usual to get a somewhat snug fit. I wonder how precise their QQ is before sending out stuff.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
My experience was also that the 7 fin tip was a tighter fit than 2020 Steel or the normal Ti tip. Which was great for the BB Shell Shock where my Ti was very slightly loose (with an o-ring missing). But would have been some work to get it on 2020 M body.

Such feedback can be invaluable for companies to heed, and recalibrate their machining; and for
Us as end-users to know. There has been similar reports in other forums.

Wonder how the 77-🤔 fin fits with an Assassin.....

Vaporware

I don’t have any inside information, but I’m guessing the issues with the fit of the 7 fin tips and other free parts probably point to these being imperfect pieces they didn’t feel comfortable selling but didn’t want to throw away, similar to the c-vaps and stuff.

I’m still glad they sent them out and wish I hadn’t missed the signup, but I would not assume that these are intentional changes to the product line or things that you should expect to see if you buy the same parts.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
The 77-fin looks a bit more airflo-dynamic to my eyes, compared to the OG
but won’t really know until boom I have one, and dare to compare.

Meanwhile, a shout out to @FlyingLow .
Am flying low in anticipation for the Monday drop of an 💥assassin💥.

stark1,
Reactions: mucsusn

Gorillaz7

Bern it Up or Bern it Down
Can someone explain me the new Dynavap Christalmas' sale, I buy anything from the store and get a free M?

Gorillaz7,

SomnusViduus

you want the wizard or the skull?
I don’t have any inside information, but I’m guessing the issues with the fit of the 7 fin tips and other free parts probably point to these being imperfect pieces they didn’t feel comfortable selling but didn’t want to throw away, similar to the c-vaps and stuff.

I’m still glad they sent them out and wish I hadn’t missed the signup, but I would not assume that these are intentional changes to the product line or things that you should expect to see if you buy the same parts.
this is my thinking too. i would imagine that a wonderful way to get some honest feedback is to give a bunch of free tips to people who are obviously more interested in the company than the average bear and sit back and see what they (we) have to say about it. they get free R&D and we get free goodies. win-win,
also in all this frenzy over tips, it seems like everyone is forgetting about that nanuk case. those things aren't cheap...

notams

toke down Babylon
Can someone explain me the new Dynavap Christalmas' sale, I buy anything from the store and get a free M?

Yes. And no.

You'll recieve a complete and functional vapcap. The parts might be from an '18 a' '19 or a' 20 M. The SS parts are baked in an oven to add some anodizing and 'patina'. The parts are functional and working but do not represent the ideal functionality. They failed the quality control inspection at some point in the manufacturing process. Rather than throwing away the parts, Dynavap sells them for literally $4.19 or gives them as a gift.

The free vapcap is referred to as a C-vap. The letter C is for the user to decide the meaning. For example: caring, compassion, covid, concern, etc. One is welcome to keep and enjoy the C-vap. However, one of Dynavap's stated purpose of this giveaway was to have the original recipient give the C-vap to someone as a gift of comfort, compassion, concern, etc.

The pieces being colored serves 2 purposes. The manufacturer can easily identify this as a C-vap and will deal with warranty claims / issues / performance problems knowing this vapcap is not up to usual standards. Additionally, the coloring adds individuality to each C-vap. They take on a very unique appearance and may offer appeal to collectors or anyone looking for an oddball vapcap.

I received one free that was an 18 M stem that is very lightly colored almost pinkish with beautiful red patches. It loooks battle worn. The condenser is super dark brown. The tip is a '19 M SS with super deep grooves around the outer edge. It's like a serrated knife edge that literally tears nugs, it's colored the same as the stem. Cap is an old-school, non captive cap with the same coloring.

I got another C-vap (with my 7fin) with a' 19 M stem that looks copper. Perfectly uniform bright shiny copper color. I wear a bronze watch. This C-vap looks like I'm accessorizing. It's beautiful. The tip is a '19 M SS with the same perfectly copper color. The zig-zag grooves are not cut very deep at all. Almost smooth on the outside. The condenser was not colored at all. The non captive cap is not as coppery colored but the inside is a vibrant blue, so cool.

I also purchased a C-vap when they were for sale for $4.19. That one was very similar to the first one I described - '18 stem,' 19 tip, non captive cap. I gave this one to my budtender.

I kept 2 of the C-vaps stems, one tip, one condenser, and 2 caps. I assembled 2 complete vapcaps and used the 'pay it forward' principle and gave them to friends. Personally, I did not care for the '20 tip, stem, or captive cap. I gave my' 20 M to a friend. Then cobbled together another complete vapcap for another friend.

I have about 10 complete vapcaps and switch out parts and pieces constantly. So, assembling a complete vapcap is not too hard. This might be a challenge for someone who buys an M for themselves and gets the C-vap for free. Even then, you'll get the option of what parts to keep and what parts to give away. Honestly, I'm tempted to buy a '20 M just to get the C-vap for myself and then give the stupid' 20 to someone. I'm just not a fan of the' 20 M. I prefer the C-vap in functionality and appearance.

I enjoy the unique look of the colored stems but do not like the compromised quality assurance of the tips on the C-vaps. So, I keep the parts I like and give away the others.

When giving away a C-vap I do the following: I've made sure to use it first to get familiar with that particular cap so I can demonstrate it to the recipient. Then give it a thorough cleaning and put it in a tube. Get the literature that came with your order. The little instructions will be good to give the recipient. But, if it's clean when you give it to them you can demonstrate how to use it right away. I showed my friend how over Zoom. Be sure to include a torch lighter when giving the C-vap. I bought a few good Honest single flame torches from Amazon. They were like $8 - $10. A C-vap gift without a torch is setting them up for failure. Make sure they can use it when the get it.

The idea is to introduce a friend to the Vapcap. Explain to them it's not the perfect representation of the Dynavap experience. But, it will help them decide if it's something they want to look deeper into. Part of Dynavap's goal is to get folks to stop combusting and move over to vaping. As a member of fuck cumbustion I'm also interested in helping friends quit smoking. So, I'm more interested in giving a gift and showing love then I am with the quality of the C-vap.

Yes, it's marketing. Yes, Dynavap would be very happy to "buy" a customer with factory seconds. Yes, C-vaps are beautiful, collectible and keepable. And yes, it is a very generous freebie whose monetaty and emotional value should not be underestimated.

Sorry for the double post - - just saw this.

Simrell mouthpiece (now called the Stinger) is IN STOCK!

I just ordered one from his website.

someTooL

Kind of feel obligated to leave my observations of using the 7 fin.

-Overall OD may be a little larger. May be. It fits my Galaxy Glass stem perfectly, but the cap FEELS tighter. I have it paired with a Omni XL condenser.
-Only two (maybe) screen positions. The middle is full workable but the smallest selection is unusable. Pretty much middle or crammed against the back of the tip are your choices. I’m a middle so no issues for me.
-Performance is noticeably different using different IH’s. My low and slow IH produces wispy hits. My aggressive IH is totally opposite with this tip. Two massive tastings and a clean up. This is really weird for me, because I prefer and use my low and slow IH 99% of the time.
-I’m fairly confident that these tips are 1st run production with minor QA fails. I also believe that this tip will replace the current Ti tip and be available soon with a new Omni design (Like duh someTooL).
-Had I purchased this tip for $77.77 I would have still used it and been satisfied. “Thank you Sir, may I have another.”

jabba

Kind of feel obligated to leave my observations of using the 7 fin.
I keep checking my front porch in hopes....but my hopes are fading. I did sign up for one tip during the final hour of the offering. I don't 'need' the tip but I think that I would enjoy it. I was also hoping to c-vap my buddy. To those who received....enjoy!....and have a great holiday. I'm looking forward to some 'down time'.

almost there

I keep checking my front porch in hopes....but my hopes are fading. I did sign up for one tip during the final hour of the offering. I don't 'need' the tip but I think that I would enjoy it. I was also hoping to c-vap my buddy. To those who received....enjoy!....and have a great holiday. I'm looking forward to some 'down time'.
don't give up hope yet, I signed up quite early in the day and haven't received anything yet either. I see some folks are still posting their prizes over the weekend so hopefully it'll show up this week:)

grogazola

Just gave my dynavaps a bath for the first time in months! Just realized I don’t have any hemp oil to lubricate my orings like I always do. Can I / Has anyone used sesame oil to lubricate their rings?

jabba

Just gave my dynavaps a bath for the first time in months! Just realized I don’t have any hemp oil to lubricate my orings like I always do. Can I / Has anyone used sesame oil to lubricate their rings?
I wouldn't...as I always think sesame oil lets off a peculiar aroma...ymmv and I don't think that sesame oil is likely to harm your o-rings or your lungs. Beeswax would be my first choice.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
keep your hopes up, despite DeJoy’s killjoy delay shenanigans!
Then again,
Tis the season for clogged mail (I am myself radar tracking three packages).

I never got the email and only learned about it in here, so I can't really really kick myself for not replying to it. But I wouldn't have signed up if I had gotten it so I am where I am supposed to be. ;)

Top Bottom