• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

idboehman

Not sure if this is normal or not, but when heating the vapcap in my IH (16mm coil carbon fiber Flux) for the first two hits, on both a stainless steel and Ti tip, before the click, I see streams of vapor coming from the vapcap. It clicks not too long after that but it can be upwards of a second before the click that it happens. I see more vapor when using the Ti cap, it's wispier on my stainless steel tip which is why I brushed it aside, just thought it was part of the vape but the amount seems more substantial with the titanium tip that I figured it would've been mentioned at least in passing by now which makes me think something might be going on. Maybe I need to adjust the IH coil height?

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I will let Mr_C cover this too but I have mentioned this before in a general sense of utilizing the IH. It also tells me this happens with torches. VC's are not necessarily efficient.

I noted the whisps on removing the stem when the cap would touch the glass. Over time, vape honey built up on the glass and the hot cap would liberate some of it. Cleaned it up from the glass and no more tufts of vape until enough builds up again.

Don't let the click kill your load. If you see a whif before the click, hit it. You probably got a really hot combo on all three sides. Do you notice any difference with regard to the battery charge state? There is a heat spike in my home-built units on a fresh charge.

Last edited:
The thing is..i already combusted twice in a day with the 2020.
I am more of a Throat hit guy than a flavor chaser and the 2020 seems to be oriented more to lower temp = less of a TH, but better flavor.
So..i tested the 18 and i liked it..the 19 i didn t get to test and i regret now i didn t buy it instead of the 20..

darkspider64,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
<snip> the 2020 seems to be oriented more to lower temp = less of a TH, but better flavor.
<snip>

It seems to be oriented toward something. I hadn't figured it out. Not trying very hard. Did you note any difference in taste between the '20 and the '18?

TommyDee,

Planck

believes in Dog
I don't think there is anything different about the captive cap besides a couple of crimps. I oval'd it out of the way and the dimples completely disengaged. I don't thing the cap itself is any different. I think is has something to do with the flats on the tip providing even less convection coupling. Now only points are in near-proximity of the cap where before it was a cylinder minus a groove or three.

Yeah, that's what I said too. Not sure if you are agreeing or I didn't communicate clearly.

Either way we're on the same page and it's all good.
:cheers:

The 20 seems to have better flavor..but as I said, I am a Throat hit guy and i feel i cannot achieve the desired TH because i combust..but i didn t test the 19 to know if it delivers a better throat hit.
The flavor on the 20 is spot on though.
It seems I have 2 days to decide wether to give the 20 back for a 19 phantom or keep it..

darkspider64,
The 20 seems to have better flavor..but as I said, I am a Throat hit guy and i feel i cannot achieve the desired TH because i combust..but i didn t test the 19 to know if it delivers a better throat hit.
The flavor on the 20 is spot on though.
It seems I have 2 days to decide wether to give the 20 back for a 19 phantom or keep it..
What is your heating technique ?

Last edited:
Hawaiian,
Triple or single torch, don t have an IH yet.
Can someone who owns both please tell me, if they feel like the 19 delivers more of a throat hit than the 20?
Very many thanks in adv for all your kind suggestions and thoughts !

darkspider64,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Since you are already drawn into the middle of the vortex. You might as well get
A mag flux heater. It will be worth every puff. :evil:

While you are at it, might as well hit it up with a Vortex, or two. :cheers::spliff:

Like the big kahunas say, “resistance is futile”. Mine, hopefully, will hit the mailbox soo-on. :cool:

Last edited:

LabPong

Not sure if this is normal or not, but when heating the vapcap in my IH (16mm coil carbon fiber Flux) for the first two hits, on both a stainless steel and Ti tip, before the click, I see streams of vapor coming from the vapcap. It clicks not too long after that but it can be upwards of a second before the click that it happens. I see more vapor when using the Ti cap, it's wispier on my stainless steel tip which is why I brushed it aside, just thought it was part of the vape but the amount seems more substantial with the titanium tip that I figured it would've been mentioned at least in passing by now which makes me think something might be going on. Maybe I need to adjust the IH coil height?

This happens because..........it is extracting/melting already.....its time to suck it out of the tube ......lol

It can happen more of this if your packed full and flower is touching the cap or maybe specs are just outside the cap edge on the tip. Or your flower is very dry (which you want when vaping) and it just sets off faster because of the lower humidity level in it.

So make sure you clean off all the tiny bits around the tip before you put the cap on...and do not over fill so the flower is at the top of the tip touching the cap.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Different tokes, for different folks. In the end, I like them all. It’s the experience.
Are you experienced?
I have never met a VapCap I couldn't make perform. They may perform differently, but they all perform. Each one of my VCs is slightly different and has it's own personality. Other than gifts or Karma Vaps I still have all of the VCs I have bought and occasionally, at least, rotate through them.

Morty

I just hit a 2020 M for the 1st time that given to me by a generous member. :love: I had 2 OG's and a NonaVong previously. Never have used an M. This is the fucking VC I've been waiting for! :bowdown:I always had to use a water piece or j hook prior because of the tight draw restriction. Not with this one! Super easy to ghost the hits now and do direct to lung! :bowdown:Filled it up to capacity with a huge squished nug chunk, heated at the base 2 secs past the click with an Honest single...:bowdown:!!! I don't remeber gettin' phat rips like that with HUGE chunks on the Ti tip. Heat up is crazy longer though. Clicks are farther apart than any other cap I've used. I'll take the trade off. The vapor is a little warm and the end gets a little hot while hitting it...just like a real oneie! :bowdown:I know, I got 1 sittin' right by it. This vape is the most similar to a one hitter than any other VC or vape I've ever used/tried! :bowdown::spliff: :bowdown:My captive cap fell off onto the carpet on though. :rofl: That nug I put in was big and it look like it was expanding forcing the cap off. :lol: No rug burns or burnt carpet! :bowdown:Hot potato baby! :evil: Can't wait to try a fine grind in this! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:Whether the airport was closed or not, the clouds were forthcoming. :bowdown:Taste was nice throughout! :smug:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :nod:
:rockon: :clap: :wave: :cheers: Can't wait to return the favor! :bowdown:

:bigleaf:

Gigsabits53

I just hit a 2020 M for the 1st time that given to me by a generous member. :love: I had 2 OG's and a NonaVong previously. Never have used an M. This is the fucking VC I've been waiting for! :bowdown:I always had to use a water piece or j hook prior because of the tight draw restriction. Not with this one! Super easy to ghost the hits now and do direct to lung! :bowdown:Filled it up to capacity with a huge squished nug chunk, heated at the base 2 secs past the click with an Honest single...:bowdown:!!! I don't remeber gettin' phat rips like that with HUGE chunks on the Ti tip. Heat up is crazy longer though. Clicks are farther apart than any other cap I've used. I'll take the trade off. The vapor is a little warm and the end gets a little hot while hitting it...just like a real oneie! :bowdown:I know, I got 1 sittin' right by it. This vape is the most similar to a one hitter than any other VC or vape I've ever used/tried! :bowdown::spliff: :bowdown:My captive cap fell off onto the carpet on though. :rofl: That nug I put in was big and it look like it was expanding forcing the cap off. :lol: No rug burns or burnt carpet! :bowdown:Hot potato baby! :evil: Can't wait to try a fine grind in this! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:Whether the airport was closed or not, the clouds were forthcoming. :bowdown:Taste was nice throughout! :smug:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :nod:
:rockon: :clap: :wave: :cheers: Can't wait to return the favor! :bowdown:

:bigleaf:
That's awesome! Glad you are enjoying it and it's very cool that another member hooked you up. I love this community!:)

Top Bottom