SquirrelMaster

I have acquired six Vapcaps, gave a few away, I still have trouble deciding which one to use. I only have six and I know many FCers that have way more than that.

How do you decide? Not that it matters, just curious.
Whatever mood I'm in. My KGWoodcrafts custom when I'm feeling like a boss. My Omni XL when I want to keep it simple. I'm up to 11 I think and I still need a few more.

idboehman

This happens because..........it is extracting/melting already.....its time to suck it out of the tube ......lol

It can happen more of this if your packed full and flower is touching the cap or maybe specs are just outside the cap edge on the tip. Or your flower is very dry (which you want when vaping) and it just sets off faster because of the lower humidity level in it.

So make sure you clean off all the tiny bits around the tip before you put the cap on...and do not over fill so the flower is at the top of the tip touching the cap.

Yeah, I've been making sure the tip is clean and it's not overfilled yet it's still happening. My bud is pretty dry though which might be the culprit, will have to compare strains to see if that's playing into it.

idboehman,

fatbiker

The inconsistent results when using a torch are super frustrating for me. So much so I’m about to give up on the Dynavap. Now I have to wait to buy a damn Induction Heater which uses batteries. Contradicting the exact reason I bought a Dynavap.

I’m going to try a portable IH and see how that goes. If that doesn’t work the whole damn kit will be listed in the classifieds.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
If you are really after consistency and you can't get it from a torch, an IH really is the way. It is a game changer for many and great at least for virtually everyone who tries it...

If you would rather use a torch and are having consistency issues I recommend a triple flame
over a single flame. Triple flames are the easiest way to use a torch with VCs.

kenske

The inconsistent results when using a torch are super frustrating for me. So much so I’m about to give up on the Dynavap. Now I have to wait to buy a damn Induction Heater which uses batteries. Contradicting the exact reason I bought a Dynavap.

I’m going to try a portable IH and see how that goes. If that doesn’t work the whole damn kit will be listed in the classifieds.

You should keep trying and dont give up. I highly recommend learning to use the torch to heat your vc. This vaporizer should be a part of every cannabis enthusiast's arsenal. It is efficient, produces lots and lots of tasty vapor. Although i ordered a ih, i dont see myself ever stop using a torch with my dynavap. It is actually very versatile and portable...perfect partner in crime with your vc.:2c::ko:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

You know what @fatbiker, I tried torched for 2 years and never liked them. Fuck torches. To each their own. But I was in the exact same place as you for a while. I had put my vc's away and even stopped reading this thread for a while. However, the use of an IH is night and day. Now true, it makes it harder to be a portable, but I gave up on it being a portable away from the house. I use my Fury 2 for that. But the flavor, hits and joint-like experience is top notch with an IH. Literally transforms the vapcap for me. It went from dig in the bottom drawers to find them to daily driver. I also have a portable on the way, but that will just let me take it on the couch or the back porch.

The thing is, any portable IH is going to have at least a 2 month waiting period. If you had any way to lay down another hundred, I would recommend a @Pipes Caldron which are in-stock for shipping. If you don't like the experience then I wouldn't bother with the portable IH. If you still don't like the vapcap with the plug-in IH then just sell the whole lot and move on to something else.

But I'll bet dollars to donuts that you'll end up buying both types of IH and probably a shit ton of other vapcaps once you try that combo. If you had to, you could sell the plug-in type after getting a portable IH. Anyway, just my :2c:

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
You know what @fatbiker, I tried torched for 2 years and never liked them. Fuck torches. To each their own. But I was in the exact same place as you for a while. I had put my vc's away and even stopped reading this thread for a while. However, the use of an IH is night and day. Now true, it makes it harder to be a portable, but I gave up on it being a portable away from the house. I use my Fury 2 for that. But the flavor, hits and joint-like experience is top notch with an IH. Literally transforms the vapcap for me. It went from dig in the bottom drawers to find them to daily driver. I also have a portable on the way, but that will just let me take it on the couch or the back porch.

The thing is, any portable IH is going to have at least a 2 month waiting period. If you had any way to lay down another hundred, I would recommend a @Pipes Caldron which are in-stock for shipping. If you don't like the experience then I wouldn't bother with the portable IH. If you still don't like the vapcap with the plug-in IH then just sell the whole lot and move on to something else.

But I'll bet dollars to donuts that you'll end up buying both types of IH and probably a shit ton of other vapcaps once you try that combo. Anyway, just my :2c:

All good advice. I didn’t buy my DV for portability, one of its main features for sure. I hated the torch for all the reasons that others have stated.

If you don’t mind using a home IH, but are not sure if it’s for you, the minimal investment is the Chinese IH unit. For approximately $50, you can get your feet wet, and then decide if you want to go further.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Wet feet

49852235856_b50a76edc4_z.jpg

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Hm. I'm a huge fan of the IH concept and use it 99% of the time, BUT: the consistency parameter is not what makes the difference for me, but rather speed and ease of use. I never had problems getting consistent results with a (run-of-the-mill) torch and some practice.

One, not too big flame (actually as small as possible), „tickling“ the cap with the very outer tip of the flame while working down from top to bottom with each new heat cycle, respect the click → Rock'n'Roll. As I said, I love my IH, but if it fucked up, I'd still be able to enjoy my Dynavaps to their fullest.

Gigsabits53

I think you get the feel of your VC and torch as time goes on. Sort of like learning to play an instrument, it takes practice.

I have an IH but I use a torch 80% of the time. I just get better results using a torch. I use a single flame torch and it just takes time to get to know your VC. Once you do, it becomes automatic. I cant recall the last time I combusted in a VC and I push the heat past the click always.

drainbamage

Triple or single torch, don t have an IH yet.
Can someone who owns both please tell me, if they feel like the 19 delivers more of a throat hit than the 20?
Very many thanks in adv for all your kind suggestions and thoughts !
I get fat hits consistently off of my 2020 M by doing a preheat with my triple torch for speed, then letting it cool to the click and packing it, the hitting the cap 3/4 back with my Javelin single flame torch with a flame set to about an inch. I run it through a little bubbler or a j-hook usually, but it still kicks down straight as well. I just got a Ti tip for my 2019 and it definitely doesn't perform like the 2020 M stock. I don't think the stock 2019 did either, I'm gonna rotate the tip back soon to double check.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I have acquired six Vapcaps, gave a few away, I still have trouble deciding which one to use. I only have six and I know many FCers that have way more than that.

How do you decide? Not that it matters, just curious.

I don't. I let the vapes do the choosing.
I tend to go with whichever one chooses me on that day. And every day is different.

Top Bottom